Know Your Meme

Sociology Guide Online

Pro: Social Justice is Desired by a Civilized Society

Con: Social Justice is an Ethical Regulator

Discuss...

#115184 - 11/15/17 11:14 AM Re: SJW: Concepts of Justice [Re: SIN3]
Dark Light 444 Offline
pledge

Too many f-bombs, and panning around his picture perfect apartment. And then the “triggered by Sin Jones” comment left me bored. Turned it off after a few minutes.

Did he actually say something?

#115185 - 11/15/17 11:18 AM Re: SJW: Concepts of Justice [Re: SIN3]
LoneWolf78 Offline

Justice=Revenge. But that would force our SJW friends to be a bit too honest, perhaps, in their hatred of others.
#115186 - 11/15/17 12:13 PM Re: SJW: Concepts of Justice [Re: LoneWolf78]
SIN3 Offline
stalker

Loc: Virginia
Social Justice Examples:

The Satanic Panics
The Pedo Panics
The Daycare Scandals

How would say, the WM3 attain revenge?

Granted, there's an element of self responsibility but do we ignore adversarial forces beyond one's control?

No man is an island. It has pros and cons. SJ can also be on your side.

#115189 - 11/15/17 04:16 PM Re: SJW: Concepts of Justice [Re: SIN3]
Czereda Online

Loc: Poland
All of this talk could be summed up in two sentences:

"Social justice warriors are cool if they share my personal interpretation of social justice. If they don't (like Sarkeesian or transgender activists), then they are idiots and posers who hijacked the idea."

One guy among many guys, who thinks his opinions are facts.

The same goes for becoming a better man and building a better society. What does becoming better mean? Who is to measure the improvement or the lack of it and according to what standards? The neighbor living next door to me might have a totally different vision of a "better society" than me and a different vision of justice. Opinions themselves are dynamic too and change with time.

And what the fuck does "being on the right side of history" mean? That depends on who writes history. And getting aboard the moral ark? LMAO. Morality serves to justify the political interests and the self-preservation instinct. Where you stand depends on where you sit.

#115191 - 11/15/17 06:05 PM Re: SJW: Concepts of Justice [Re: Czereda]
SIN3 Offline
stalker

Well it's JK speak. If you know the language, then you get what he's dropping down. That's why he focuses on the symbolism of Lady Justice.

As for a 'better' society...Take for instance, the Women's Suffrage Movement in the United States in conjunction with the Civil Rights Movement. These are examples of a history that citizens benefit from today. It can't be dismissed a self-preservation method when you played no role in it and are born to a difference in society.

Sort of like how Blacks today in the U.S. aren't born into slavery and women aren't traded like chattel in the bidding war for a dowry.

#115192 - 11/15/17 06:46 PM Re: SJW: Concepts of Justice [Re: SIN3]
Phoenician Offline
pledge

Loc: CA
 Quote:
Pro: Social Justice is Desired by a Civilized Society

Con: Social Justice is an Ethical Regulator

/\ That is an engineered problem. This country keeps running on that rabbit of false divide. A meaningless ideological approximate 50/50 split with about 10 degrees of variance either way. The "Is social Justice good?" question is a window display.

It's a cyclical thing.

Obama got in with hope and Sheppard Fairey pop art. Add to that a Sammie Davis Jr. styled catch phrase of "Yes we can!" and nothing was going to stop the "change". Then they ran with it to such extent they shifted the momentum against themselves. The pendulum swung right and Obama's antithesis was elected.

Then the media (except Rupert Murdoch) took it upon themselves to obliterate his character and render him impotent for the foreseeable future. They will be there all the way through to keep America up to date on the impeachment process. Trying to recapture momentum for the left.

All that said this left/right SJW thing can be summed up thusly:

You can call YOURSELF whatever you want, but as soon as you make others acknowlege it's uniqueness, and then make that compulsory, it becomes one of the few things capable of countering your new social rule.

#115196 - 11/16/17 01:55 AM Re: SJW: Concepts of Justice [Re: SIN3]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

Just a label to pin yet another shiny badge.
Social justice is reactionary and can be steered.
It depends on how the message is presented and what public opinion accepts.

Intentions might be good.
Fall-out.. not always.

It's a bit like the immigration problems in Europe and the U.S.
It's all nice we welcome immigrants with open arms as they run away from problems, war and/or prosecution on own soil...
Negative aspect is the loss of resources from and for the own people, marginalization and flexibility that gives rise to exclusivity to minorities which undermines law and justice.

Another example is the recent craze in Hollywood (and the copying of such events in ones own country..) about sexual predation.
Weinstein and the likes did show bad behaviour that needs to be shunned... but the fall-down implies a restriction of behaviour in men as all are now seen as predators that can be sued at every twist and turn. Entire blogs, podcasts and vlogs exist especially adressed to men how to avoid risky confrontations.

Social Justice, in a sense, is nothing more than public authority. Another way to avoid personal responsibility and judgement. Another anti-thesis of individuality.

Edited by Dimitri (11/16/17 01:57 AM)

#115199 - 11/16/17 09:07 AM Re: SJW: Concepts of Justice [Re: Dimitri]
SIN3 Offline
stalker

We share space. We can benefit or be of the exploited.

One can flesh out individuals that use objectivity and sense. En masse though? Look at this hot mess we have to wade through.

I'm among those that use it in a pejorative sense most of the time but I also acknowledge that as a political device; it certainly works. Good, bad... Makes no difference. Just another tool at one's disposal. It doesn't take much to set it off either. A bit of rumor, gossip and application of social engineering.

There is a disdain shown towards those that exploit a weakness but that too is the Adversary.

If one were to be intellectually honest, you can't ignore that social justice of the past that we reap perks from today. Most likely the reason he's panning his space to demonstrate that he's benefiting from that like we all do. We aren't exactly living in squalor caves.

#115201 - 11/16/17 09:48 AM Re: SJW: Concepts of Justice [Re: SIN3]
Czereda Online

Originally Posted By: SIN3
As for a 'better' society...Take for instance, the Women's Suffrage Movement in the United States in conjunction with the Civil Rights Movement. These are examples of a history that citizens benefit from today. It can't be dismissed a self-preservation method when you played no role in it and are born to a difference in society.

Sort of like how Blacks today in the U.S. aren't born into slavery and women aren't traded like chattel in the bidding war for a dowry.

That's still nothing else than specific groups of people fighting for their own interests and privileges. Even if future generations benefit from it, the primary motivations are selfish. Fighting for the "common good" and even "suffering" for it make the justice warrior feel important and happy.

You can take an advantage of a social movement, for sure. Sarkeesian is trying to do that. Would she be that popular if it wasn't for playing a victim card? The same goes for the rainbow cry babies. How are they different from the blacks fighting for their liberation or suffragettes demanding female emancipation? Those movements of the past were met with hostility and disdain too. It's a matter of human judgement. It changes throughout the time together with the interpretation of justice.

#115203 - 11/16/17 10:25 AM Re: SJW: Concepts of Justice [Re: Czereda]
SIN3 Offline
stalker

Originally Posted By: CZ
That's still nothing else than specific groups of people fighting for their own interests and privileges.

Nothing else than? Without supporters, i.e. society at large behind them then there would not have been a shift in culture. Those interests and privileges are extended to everyone in it. Not just a handful of people.

I think a lot is being taken for granted and dismissed here.

#115208 - 11/16/17 03:41 PM Re: SJW: Concepts of Justice [Re: SIN3]
Czereda Online

I didn't say "a handful" of people, but specific groups of people, like women, blacks, gays etc. What I have an issue with in this video is his denying today's feminists, gays and transgender people the right to SJW title. It's as if justice were something universal. As if it meant the same thing for everyone. In other words, if you don't share JK's vision of justice and if JK doesn't like the ideas you're fighting for, then you aren't a warrior for social justice. You just hijacked the term, which means you're a poser because JK says so.

Actually, this is the matter of an individual judgement. For feminists, gay and transgender activists what they are fighting for is social justice. This is how they understand justice. And this is what building a better society means for them. Those with traditionalist views might call them idiots, crybabies and posers, because their idea of justice and "better world" is different.

Edited by Czereda (11/16/17 03:44 PM)

#115210 - 11/16/17 09:27 PM Re: SJW: Concepts of Justice [Re: SIN3]
Bitis Arietans Offline
stranger

Loc: NC
SIN, in one of your videos you have Hitlers- Mein Kampf held up. Is that the Ford translation and if so, have you read any of the other translations?

I was just curious to hear your opinions, one translation Vs another. I've heard that the ford translation is the best. The one I read some years ago was a mess. I can't remember which translation it was now, but I know it wasn't the Ford.

#115213 - 11/17/17 01:33 AM Re: SJW: Concepts of Justice [Re: SIN3]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

The more labels you put on the more you can and will be exploited.
Simple as that.

Do not try to think too much about this seemingly drug-induced video. It's more of an autistic rant than a valid remark.

#115215 - 11/17/17 09:24 AM Re: SJW: Concepts of Justice [Re: Bitis Arietans]
SIN3 Offline
stalker

Originally Posted By: BA
SIN, in one of your videos you have Hitlers- Mein Kampf held up. Is that the Ford translation and if so, have you read any of the other translations?

No. My copy is the edition put out by White Wolf. You can find it from most book sellers online LINK. If I were to compare it to any other, I'd be curious to see what differences (if any) there are to the 1939 edition released in Adolf's honor for his birthday and the previous edition released in 33 reference link .

For the most part, the White Wolf maintains the nuances you can pick up from watching old footage of his speeches. It's not softened in anyway. The passion he conveys about bringing back the German animus appears to be in tact.

SJW concepts include various releases of the text that *try* to seem less about the foreign invaders and more so about German strength. That's a negative component to Social Justice.

On Dimi's point...I can't really speak on JK's mental state but I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss him if he has a beer in his hand. That's part of the theater and rhetorical style to present concepts. So too is trolling.

Page 1 of 3 123>

Moderator:  Woland, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, TV is God, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.028 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.