Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#115365 - 12/14/17 09:56 PM Being a Satanist requires a certain type of music?
Eternal Darkness Offline
stranger

?

Frankly I do not think it does . .

I listen to various types of music and I'm even going to tell that rock music is not one of my favourites . .

Many rock groups have a Satanic image yet many also identify with Christianity ( more than ever in recent years actually ) . .

In fact religion is one of the most common themes in rock music and many rock bands even take the side of religious folks . . .

So , I guess one could say that to me personally the lifestyle is all that matters and the music one listens to is another story . . . .

I for one do only choose music one one aspect . . Whether I like it or not . .

I'm going to go into the lion's den and even say that many of the bands who call themselves "Satanic" are not really keen on playing good music either . .

They may have the right mentality yet some are just posers in my opinion . .

Where does everybody here stand on this subject ?

Do you think being a Satanist requires a certain type pf music ?

#115368 - 12/15/17 04:18 AM Re: Being a Satanist requires a certain type of music? [Re: Eternal Darkness]
CanisMachina42 Offline
veteran member

Loc: CA
 Quote:
Do you think being a Satanist requires a certain type pf music ?

...is equal to asking,

"Does being cynical require you to shop at Trader Joes?"

#115370 - 12/15/17 09:21 AM Re: Being a Satanist requires a certain type of music? [Re: CanisMachina42]
Czereda Offline

Loc: Poland
This guy is a troll, I swear. There is no way he could be for real.

I suppose the next question will be:

What should a Satanist wear?

Now I can't speak for all Satanists but when it comes to the Devil himself, I guess he wears Prada. Or so I saw on TV. Oh wait, it was she.

Edited by Czereda (12/15/17 09:27 AM)

#115375 - 12/15/17 11:15 PM Re: Being a Satanist requires a certain type of music? [Re: Czereda]
CanisMachina42 Offline
veteran member

Loc: CA
 Quote:
Now I can't speak for all Satanists but when it comes to the Devil himself, I guess he wears Prada. Or so I saw on TV. Oh wait, it was she.

The Devil wearing Prada is Anna Wintour (IRL Vogue) , and I fucking love that book turned movie.

It has a happy ending for the protagonist saying, "My ideals are more important than money and success"...

Unlike the assistant, who got majorly fucked over by Miranda to block a move to oust her.

#116636 - 07/30/18 08:06 AM Re: Being a Satanist requires a certain type of music? [Re: CanisMachina42]
Timi Offline
stranger

Loc: Finland
The most satanic music is the music that you like.

#116645 - 07/31/18 12:54 AM Re: Being a Satanist requires a certain type of music? [Re: Timi]
Dark One Offline
pledge

Try to ensure that music you like isn't mass market mainstream shit though I think that should be a rule. Try to develop your own unique taste ideally something the media isn't telling you to listen to at all. That would be good Satanic practice.
#116648 - 07/31/18 06:08 AM Re: Being a Satanist requires a certain type of music? [Re: Dark One]
Oxus Offline

My take on this quandary is that the archetype of Satan personifies the axiom 'Wisdom through Adversity', the mastery of one's carnal self and sovereignty in this existence as well as the atonement with One's Greater Self.

When you find these principles in music then you have found Satanic Music. That said, I find improvised music to be way more Satanic than anything else as it provides the above requirements, as well as freedom of expression. Listening to a master improviser, you hear virtuosity (mastery of craft) combined with true creation (mastery of self) and moments of pure Artistry (atonement with Self).

#116658 - 08/01/18 02:49 PM Re: Being a Satanist requires a certain type of music? [Re: Dark One]
samowens84 Offline

Originally Posted By: Dark One
Try to ensure that music you like isn't mass market mainstream shit though I think that should be a rule. Try to develop your own unique taste ideally something the media isn't telling you to listen to at all. That would be good Satanic practice.

If you like something you like something. It doesn't matter if its mainstream or underground. The so called "free thinking" bands have a parasitic relationship with mainstream culture. Fact is Sub Pop probably would have gone under if it weren't for Nevermind, and then they capitalize on their street cred with all the "real" guys who don't live up to their potential out of "principle." Everything is a machine. A soul is like an island. You don't ever find anything with you anywhere if you don't already bring it with you. Creation is responsibility. It doesn't matter where you go, its your responsibility. Some places are probably more inspired then others, but it doesn't seem very productive to complain about it. If you don't like it, don't engage unless creative protest or some personal benefit is involved. Acting like an ass can be satanic, but better have an escape hatch ;).

#116668 - 08/02/18 07:14 PM Re: Being a Satanist requires a certain type of music? [Re: samowens84]
Dark One Offline
pledge

Originally Posted By: samowens84

If you like something you like something. It doesn't matter if its mainstream or underground.

Mainstream music has been in a gradual decline in quality since the 1960's when it was objectively at it's peak of actual artistic and audio quality. When historians look back in say 100 years on popular music they will focus on the 60s, 70's, the 80's would get a decent coverage and to some extent a little bit of the 90's. From 2000 onwards they will be lost in a sea of mass market manipulated shite that would have no interest to them, it would be a bit of a musical dark age they won't be playing anything from 2018 in 2118 we have nothing memorable.

Films have suffered a similar fate as well IMHO, the last mainstream films made that future generations will particularly note would be the Lord of the Rings Trilogy. The Hobbit trilogy with Kate from Lost doing backflips while precision head shooting orcs probably not so much. With Jurassic Park, Indiana Jones, Star Trek and Star Wars and what have you they're not going to bother with any of the recent soft reboot films they will just watch the originals that had artistic spark from the 70's 80s and 90s. The 21st century is set to become a little bit of a dark age for entertainment media. As a Satanist you will become aware of certain things like this due to our individually heightened awareness of how things really are.

#116669 - 08/02/18 11:48 PM Re: Being a Satanist requires a certain type of music? [Re: Dark One]
aeon6 Offline
stranger

Loc: Colorado
For the sonically oblivious, let them gravitate to the mainstream you speak of.
They will always be in need of an aural exam. Music is a muse with many temperaments but also divides itself demographically. Any ‘decline’ is cyclical and is only glaringly apparent to the person who pays attention to it because s[he] doesn’t have the finesse to recognize and assimilate rarities. Do you require an aural exam?

#116671 - 08/03/18 12:32 AM Re: Being a Satanist requires a certain type of music? [Re: Eternal Darkness]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

Being a Satanist implies possessing a certain mindset and character.

It does not rely on the things you wear or listen to.
Certain genres might be more prevalent by those who associate with Satanism but solely because of the message or aesthetic these bands and artists convey.

So listen and wear whatever you want.
It's your mindset and subsequent action which defines your "Satanity".

Edited by Dimitri (08/03/18 12:34 AM)

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.018 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 24 queries. Zlib compression disabled.