Page 5 of 7 « First<34567>
Topic Options
#116473 - 06/28/18 06:12 PM Re: The Pitfalls of Multiculturalism [Re: Dark One]
Czereda Offline

Loc: Poland
Well... Russia might not be the dominant super power but it still plays a crucial role in international politics. The same goes for China, another country that we wouldn't call democratic.

The Roman Empire's expansion and cultural inclusiveness was one of the reasons of its final downfall.

The rest of your post is such a mind-boggling crap that I honestly started wondering if you're a troll. The US being a Satanic nation? All religions belonging to Satan? LMAO.

Edited by Czereda (06/28/18 06:13 PM)

#116474 - 06/28/18 11:46 PM Re: The Pitfalls of Multiculturalism [Re: Czereda]
aeon6 Offline

Loc: KÝbenhavn, Denmark
If Maslow's Hierarchy pyramid is any reflection of a satanic ethos, then yes towers of babel will fail. Self-actualization is a luxury for the teaming masses more concerned with rivalry for basics.
#116477 - 06/29/18 11:02 AM Re: The Pitfalls of Multiculturalism [Re: Czereda]
Dark One Offline
pledge

Originally Posted By: Czereda
Well... Russia might not be the dominant super power but it still plays a crucial role in international politics. The same goes for China, another country that we wouldn't call democratic.

Still very much on the decline compared to what they were, the power they still have comes from their oil reserves but they're not unlimited. China did better once it adopted Western Capitalist values it but in order to become a super power it must do everything we did in the last 100 years. Otherwise it will hit a bottleneck and stall.

Quote:

The Roman Empire's expansion and cultural inclusiveness was one of the reasons of its final downfall.

Quite the opposite it's final downfall came when other societies surrounding the Roman Empire began to include it into their culture rather than the other way around. The most inclusive culture will ultimately dominate while the culture that tries to stick to it's own will go into decline. So for instance Western culture is dominate because we incorporate while Islam is very much on the decline as it tries to remain to one side as it's own separate thing.

Quote:

The rest of your post is such a mind-boggling crap that I honestly started wondering if you're a troll. The US being a Satanic nation? All religions belonging to Satan? LMAO.

It's a fancy way of saying religions are subservient to the needs of a secularised society. The Christianity we have today as the bulk of people practice it bears very little resemblance to the Christianity of old, it's really more a hedonistic indulgence for wealthy comfortable people to feel smug about themselves. Therefore Satanic at the core with thin outer skin of pseudo spiritualness. In any case the US was never a Christian nation but a Satanic nation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzRhwJx_EEA

The Founding Fathers were of course Satanists or at least the 18th century equivalent of the time. Products of the Enlightenment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tArrkb9xwBM

#116479 - 06/29/18 07:37 PM Re: The Pitfalls of Multiculturalism [Re: Dark One]
Creatura Noptii Offline

You mean Seventeenth Century... and while rebellious, I don't think they were very Satanic.

Christianity has always been about worship and conformity. Jesus himself was rebellious, but not completely Satanic either...

#116489 - 07/02/18 05:30 PM Re: The Pitfalls of Multiculturalism [Re: Creatura Noptii]
SIN3 Offline
stalker

Loc: Virginia
 Quote:
The Founding Fathers were of course Satanists or at least the 18th century equivalent of the time. Products of the Enlightenment.

Ugggghhh this thread. Seriously? Talk about gross sweeping generalizations. It could be argued that all matters of the people are self-centered, therefore Satanic. Go ahead, I'll get the popcorn.

If by 'Satanic' you mean The Satanic Temple equivalent, sure. A piece of paper written by young adults to prevent man's penchant for power and control as a preventative measure. I'm sure they're having a good laugh from beyond the grave. Oh wait...

#116552 - 07/11/18 11:31 AM Re: The Pitfalls of Multiculturalism [Re: SIN3]
Creatura Noptii Offline

Seems you didn't name the quote, which was not me.

But on the subject, people will label, mix and match bits and parts of other ideologies, call themselves and others whatever fits the narrative they promote. Nothing of detail or refinement matters to political minded people anymore, except attacking the enemy and justifying their actions against guilt, shame, and worst of all in their tiny pea brains, responsibility.

#116578 - 07/18/18 12:03 PM Re: The Pitfalls of Multiculturalism [Re: Creatura Noptii]
SIN3 Offline
stalker

Originally Posted By: CN
Seems you didn't name the quote, which was not me.

Correct. It's simply the result of using the Reply button, vs the Reply to Topic button. I didn't really see a need to quote the specific user. You did, apparently.

Nothing of detail or refinement matters to political minded people...

I suppose that depends on their motivations. For example, anyone can be labeled a 'Satanist' by the gen pop and it have no real meaning aside "Those people aligned with the Devil..." It may or may not be worthy of denials. It depends greatly on the intent of the public.

Look at Damien Echols as a high-profile example of this. He'd more likely label himself an Occultist, or perhaps Thelemite but that doesn't exactly unpack it. It certainly didn't do him any favors when he stood accused of murder. Much of which came about from his own words and actions among his peers.

He was 'other' certainly, especially in a podunk religious town. He was out of his league in defense, and that's mostly attributed to naivety and youth. I'd say the same is true for every run of the mill person that stumbles upon this site.

I've witnessed people do a 180 over time and reject that they understood the subject matter at all. Even if they were a rather zealous proselytizer at points in their posting history.

Eventually, I think people get off LaVey and Acquino's dick. but that also depends on their motivations for using the I.D. pin in the first place.

#116579 - 07/18/18 02:33 PM Re: The Pitfalls of Multiculturalism [Re: SIN3]
Creatura Noptii Offline

I question a lot of things, even the people I admire. This is something I notice lacking in many others. People defend their idols and beliefs as if they are impenetrable.

Point is that for most, the desire for group acceptance is overwhelming, factors of individuals who look to a group, idea, or idol before they look into themselves.

Some say we live in a society where personal development is limited because of materialism, capitalism, and consumerism. From my experience, people have more expectations of others than they do of themselves, and there are too many groups who want all the control. This makes for a society of demanding from others over personal competence.

I like to socialize with people, but I've never been able to be friends on politics or religion alone.

#116582 - 07/19/18 11:34 AM Re: The Pitfalls of Multiculturalism [Re: Creatura Noptii]
SIN3 Offline
stalker

I think most relationships are momentary, as they serve our needs/wants. You could easily walk away from any of them. It's a societal notion that you should cling to them 'unconditionally' and with permanence.

I suppose it's why I find long-term relationships with anyone pretty fascinating. The endurance of it all. Doesn't matter what it is, friendship, marriage, family, dating, etc. That I don't have that sort of attachment is often regarded as a refusal to settle down. To me, it's a refusal to settle on anything not worth a shit to me.

#116590 - 07/21/18 11:10 AM Re: The Pitfalls of Multiculturalism [Re: SIN3]
Creatura Noptii Offline

Bit of a tangent, but my point is solid enough:

There's two kinda people in this world: Those who feel its their duty to tell others how to act and behave about every little nuance, and remind people when they're breaking the rules. Then there's people who live and let live, and I get along more with the later. I've seen people break the rules, and I don't go whining and reporting about it. I don't give a fuck.

This isn't to say I don't have certain rules and limits of my own, but those are of a different variety from the nosy little shitlings in the example above.

Another, there's two kinds of cultures: Those who whine and bitch and piss and moan about their half-assed oppression, and those who focus on command and conquer, individually, and culturally.

For example, if blacks say that their people have been oppressed for 200 years, and that they only finally got some rights then I say, you know what, took ya long enough. Now, I could play the Irish card, and say my Irish heritage has been oppressed for 800 years, but I'd rather play the Roman card instead. Though I am not a tribal minded individual, the following is good enough for shiggles:

See I have Italian roots, the most hated minority, and the most successful. Mexicans, blacks, and sometimes even aisians all piss and whine about the white man, but when the white man tries putting the boot down on Italians, well, let's just say they deal with it, their way. It took 100 years for the white man to finally get some handle on a particular Italian sub-cultural establishment. So of course now that it is mostly disbanded, Italians have taken to professionalism, more successful high-paid professionals by ratio than any other minority. Maybe it stems from a background of a dominate culture, Roman blood, perhaps one of the most innovative cultures in all Western history: They taught best how to fight, kill, build, cook eat and fuck.

Liberals and conservatives alike say I shouldn't be proud of it, and to that, I only got one thing to tell 'em:

VAFFANGUL'!

#116595 - 07/23/18 04:53 PM Re: The Pitfalls of Multiculturalism [Re: Creatura Noptii]
SIN3 Offline
stalker

Pretty sure you spelled that wrong. heh

I think Eurocentricism is really weird. I mean, I get that ancestral lines can have some relevance from a medical perspective but culturally?

I'd love to burn the Italian-American culture I was raised in to the ground because it stinks of pretentious bullshit so far removed from the native culture it's not even recognizable. Italian Nationals would likely turn their nose up at it, yanno? I especially love Americans that make up their own versions of language that they pretend to be more ethnic. (Ask me about linglish sometime).

What's wrong with being American? And as Americans you'd certainly not be griping about oppression this century. FFS, we have so much entitlement people wouldn't know oppression if it crawled up their ass.

I don't take for granted all the battles fought before my birth so I could reap the benefits, but you'd think many of these women and alleged 'marginalized groups' were born a hundred years ago by the way they speak and protest.

If anything, the two types are those that can endure Conflict and those that are broken by it.

Beware of the broken sort, I say.

#116596 - 07/24/18 11:44 AM Re: The Pitfalls of Multiculturalism [Re: SIN3]
Creatura Noptii Offline

Vaffa/Baffa, two ways, same difference. Also applies to culture. The expression might vary, but the message is the message, and that's what counts. Language changes from region to region, and the same to thumbing noses, like north vs south. It applies here in America as well as Italy. Who's right? Who's more pretentious? Is modern Europe/Italy so free of irrationality?

I actually don't care who did what first, and I agree on your last point. A solid tradition is a resourceful one, old or new. To speak more your language, yes, the effective vs. defective is what makes or breaks a culture.

I think its weird you criticize Italian Americans for deviating from their European values, but also those who focus on it. If by Eurocentrism you mean people who apply historical dark times to modern America, that would be laughable. You'd think they would be more appreciative of living in the here and now, knowing the grizzly details of other times and places. The only thing there, is that human nature repeats itself.

As for what's wrong with being an American... well... I agree that we have a lot of resources, but there's also a lot of fat people who die of heart attacks every year. I thank myself that I am not one of those, which has more to do with me and my personal life circumstance and choices, than it does with some label called American.

#116599 - 07/26/18 10:40 AM Re: The Pitfalls of Multiculturalism [Re: Creatura Noptii]
SIN3 Offline
stalker

I think its weird you criticize Italian Americans for deviating from their European values, but also those who focus on it. If by Eurocentrism you mean people who apply historical dark times to modern America, that would be laughable. You'd think they would be more appreciative of living in the here and now, knowing the grizzly details of other times and places. The only thing there, is that human nature repeats itself.

It's not so much a deviation as it is, foreign to them. It's an attempt to reclaim something that was never theirs to begin with. And was it so great in the first place? Whether historical or present, makes no difference to me.

As far as the multicultural aspects in the U.S. we can indulge in and appreciate? Food, clothing, Music and that's about it. Everything else was put through a blender ages ago. #Americana

That people are fat isn't unique to location as it is to habit and wealth. Poor people survive off junk food and have junk habits. Not to say there's not wealthy fat people that indulge in their whims, there certainly are. But by class, you see the why and how of it. Choices play a role but so do ambitions. Map/Territory type deal.

The same applies with whether a person just talks or does. The results will show you.

#116614 - 07/28/18 11:00 AM Re: The Pitfalls of Multiculturalism [Re: Creatura Noptii]
Timi Offline
stranger

Loc: Finland
Wouldn't it take a away all the exotisisms of the different cultures?
I mean I love to visit different countries and see all the strange and different things I'm not seeing in my own country. When I visit some foreign country I want it to look and be different than mine, not the same.

#116624 - 07/29/18 06:57 AM Re: The Pitfalls of Multiculturalism [Re: Timi]
Zeno Offline

Originally Posted By: Timi
Wouldn't it take a away all the exotisisms of the different cultures?
I mean I love to visit different countries and see all the strange and different things I'm not seeing in my own country. When I visit some foreign country I want it to look and be different than mine, not the same.

Nature loves diversity, healthy systems, since everything is a system, needs diversification to keep things moving, changing and evolving. Those who desire too much order through stagnation, sameness and conformity, end up with decay, ruin and death.

Page 5 of 7 « First<34567>

Moderator:  TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.027 seconds of which 0.004 seconds were spent on 29 queries. Zlib compression disabled.