Page 6 of 7 « First<34567>
Topic Options
#116626 - 07/29/18 12:28 PM Re: The Pitfalls of Multiculturalism [Re: Zeno]
Creatura Noptii Offline

Loc: Oregon
 Originally Posted By: SIN3
I suppose it's why I find long-term relationships with anyone pretty fascinating. The endurance of it all. Doesn't matter what it is, friendship, marriage, family, dating, etc. That I don't have that sort of attachment is often regarded as a refusal to settle down.

And yet here we are.

I agree, more or less. Long term relationships with the right people can and often are beneficial. That aside, I think a lot of the best relationships I had were in fact very short. I have met some amazing people who I only knew for a short time in my travels, who I admire and will never forget.

As for 'reclaiming' that all depends on the subjective. A lot of traditions are passed down generation to generation, and change over time, or not at all.

@Timi and Zeno: I didn't say I wanted everything to be the same. I also enjoy seeing new places, that's a part of what makes life exciting.

Thing is, when you get right down to it, you're going to find that people are mostly the same the world over. Cultures vary in social stability and resource.

#116637 - 07/30/18 11:44 AM Re: The Pitfalls of Multiculturalism [Re: Creatura Noptii]
SIN3 Offline
stalker

Loc: Virginia
 Originally Posted By: CN
As for 'reclaiming' that all depends on the subjective. A lot of traditions are passed down generation to generation, and change over time, or not at all.

Certainly, and many are deserving of fading into obscurity because there is little benefit in continuing, aside from preserving custom.

#BlameBabylon

Multiculturalism is unavoidable, and claims of Homogeneity most of the time are just plain ignorant. For example, would you expect to see Tea customs in Japan? Thank China.

#116934 - 08/30/18 10:09 PM Re: The Pitfalls of Multiculturalism [Re: SIN3]
Dactylion Offline
lurker

Multiculturalism as we're currently seeing it, are multiple cultures living independently within the same society.

Each abide by their own values which inevitably changes the political and cultural practices and social normatives once the population grows to a certain size.

That is not to be confused with the merging or adoption of other cultural practices and/or values into a dominant one.

#117305 - 10/28/18 10:12 AM Re: The Pitfalls of Multiculturalism [Re: Dactylion]
Milchar Offline
stranger

Loc: Göteborg, Sweden
Another negative aspect of the present multiculturalism is that it actually works in one direction only -- towards welcoming more conservative cultures than the western one. We are being told to respect the values of Muslims, religious Jews, christianized pseudo-Hinduists, etc., but a culture more liberal than the western one cannot expect the same respect to its practices. For example, Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh was forced out from the USA, because he and his followers were creating a new, more liberal culture. This all makes me think that the multiculturalism is actually a propaganda campaign aiming to show that no better culture than the present Western one can ever exist.

#117321 - 10/29/18 01:20 PM Re: The Pitfalls of Multiculturalism [Re: Milchar]
TheChess Offline
stranger

Loc: Switzerland
i dont trust in multiculturalism: if you move from one country to another one, you must be able to feel the local culture, otherwise you're in the wrong place. It's just respect..

when you're a foreign in your motherland you fell that. my 2 cents

#117322 - 10/29/18 04:58 PM Re: The Pitfalls of Multiculturalism [Re: Dactylion]
SIN3 Offline
stalker

Oh? As if society as a whole doesn't conform to the dominant Judeo-Christian group?

Do our laws align with a benign set of Ethics?

Please tell me you're not this ignorant. Change my mind.

#117323 - 10/29/18 05:24 PM Re: The Pitfalls of Multiculturalism [Re: SIN3]
TheChess Offline
stranger

More in general, "culture", for ex. the language, traditions.. just an acceptable standard of living and understand why a place is that place, or you wish a paris look like beirut?

for you is acceptable to rape people, sell girls (or kids) for mandatory marriages? i'm not that kind of ignorant. about you?

Edited by TheChess (10/29/18 05:25 PM)

#117324 - 10/29/18 06:24 PM Re: The Pitfalls of Multiculturalism [Re: TheChess]
samowens84 Offline

Originally Posted By: TheChess
More in general, "culture", for ex. the language, traditions.. just an acceptable standard of living and understand why a place is that place, or you wish a paris look like beirut?

for you is acceptable to rape people, sell girls (or kids) for mandatory marriages? i'm not that kind of ignorant. about you?

No. A lot of times it's just Stockholm syndrome and some women have been trained to not accept anything better and to think they don't deserve a good life. And sometimes that kind of sadness is just dressed up in intellectual mumbo jumbo. More intelligent people are better able to disguise the most simple and basic human emotions.

Like what is that formula? Is that like some advanced calculus? Nope. That's the formula for sadness. Don't you see the imaginary numbers?

And don't judge what you don't understand. It's likely she agrees with you but because you might lack a certain sense of the problems or whatever she probably just thinks you might be a psychic vampire and might find it fun to try and corrupt your sense of morality and test your level of ignorance. Having an idea of goodness and saying the right things doesn't make you a good person. It takes backbone to actually show love and care for some of these horrible scenarios. And if you might get upset from a little devil's advocate from this then it might demonstrate your lack of character, not whether those things are right or wrong.

With SIN you have to be diligent. You might think the subject is alcohol or drugs or sex-trafficking, but in her mind she's already made you the subject before you even know what hit you.

Edited by samowens84 (10/29/18 06:29 PM)

#117326 - 10/29/18 07:03 PM Re: The Pitfalls of Multiculturalism [Re: samowens84]
TheChess Offline
stranger

Quote:
And don't judge what you don't understand

try to live months in the desert, not for holidays , simply living in a tent, with beduins people. try to do the service in the army, gain experiences across the world.

maybe you don't understand what i mean, and just judge me.

tell me your experiences and your results descovered not with newspaper and television, but on your skin, like i did.

maybe you live in a place where that problems are just stockholm sindrome. lucky place.

But in my opinion, the european way of multiculturalism is a faillure, is just create big ghettos of angry people, destroy the local cultures and of course a nice legal way to trafficking human meat.

thanks for the warning, but im shure that she don't bite.

#117327 - 10/29/18 07:41 PM Re: The Pitfalls of Multiculturalism [Re: TheChess]
samowens84 Offline

Quote:

try to live months in the desert, not for holidays , simply living in a tent, with beduins people. try to do the service in the army, gain experiences across the world.

What makes you think I haven't?

Quote:

maybe you don't understand what i mean, and just judge me.

Defensive much? It's not my responsibility to decipher what you mean. It's your responsibility to accept your truth, not mine. Perhaps you should ask yourself why some text on a screen makes you feel "judged," cause that ain't me doing it.

Quote:

tell me your experiences and your results descovered not with newspaper and television, but on your skin, like i did.

What makes you think SIN hasn't experienced those things as well? You challenged her regarding whether she supported those things, which does seem to come from a place of potential judgement. Or maybe you want some empathy or sympathy. Who knows.

You'd probably get a better reaction if you actually decided to be 100% clear on what's motivating you and go with that. Be raw if that's what you want. That kind of humanity can't be fucked with. Not even on a screen. Perhaps you're just semi-hypnotized with intellectualism as a method to compartmentalize your pain, or not. Who knows? It's not my place to say. Point is, commit to one way of communication or another. It's that kind of half assed commitment to one method of expression or the other that invites abuse and misunderstanding.

Quote:

maybe you live in a place where that problems are just stockholm sindrome. lucky place.

That or perhaps I've given up expecting that my pain or my experiences might be treated with a compassionate response from a complete stranger and so I've decided to be intellectual right now, as per your lack of commitment to one method of communication or the other. Have some guts. Or not. Either way I don't care. You'll get more respect in either case if you know what your will is and learn to live in that, in either case.

Seems like your itching for a beautiful raw human moment here. Something we seldom get on the 600club because too many people are busy trying to pretend they're "sinister" or whatever.

Quote:

But in my opinion, the european way of multiculturalism is a faillure, is just create big ghettos of angry people, destroy the local cultures and of course a nice legal way to trafficking human meat.

Agreed. And what are you doing about it?

And thanks for the warning, but im shure that she don't bite.

You might be right here. She might reward sincerity with sincerity. If you have the guts to actually put yourself out there.

However, I wouldn't suggest taking her kindness for granted. That depends on your worth.

#117328 - 10/29/18 10:33 PM Re: The Pitfalls of Multiculturalism [Re: Milchar]
Kori Houghton Offline

Loc: East Coast USA
 Originally Posted By: Milchar
Another negative aspect of the present multiculturalism is that it actually works in one direction only -- towards welcoming more conservative cultures than the western one. We are being told to respect the values of Muslims, religious Jews, christianized pseudo-Hinduists, etc., but a culture more liberal than the western one cannot expect the same respect to its practices. For example, Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh was forced out from the USA, because he and his followers were creating a new, more liberal culture. This all makes me think that the multiculturalism is actually a propaganda campaign aiming to show that no better culture than the present Western one can ever exist.

Please explain how bio terrorism and illegal wiretapping work to create a "new, more liberal, culture". Or are you some kind of conspiracy buff who doesn't believe the events that "forced" the Bhagwan out of the USA actually happened?

#117329 - 10/29/18 11:39 PM Re: The Pitfalls of Multiculturalism [Re: samowens84]
TheChess Offline
stranger

Quote:

seriously?
you're for shure a good lawyer (are you SIN's lawyer ? you don't trust in her dialectic capabilities?) but if you have really lived with other cultures in the right context you simply see how dangerous and useless are a multicultural way like this one.

So seriously, i don't think you have experiences in that field. maybe a little gained on discovery channel or cnn or other sat/cable television.

ending: just look what happen world wide: fear in every country. every country has seen a rise in the right (politic movments, partys) as answer to multiculturalism and other problems. that's just open eyes and see that something went wrong.

#117336 - 10/30/18 03:08 PM Re: The Pitfalls of Multiculturalism [Re: TheChess]
samowens84 Offline

Quote:

seriously?
you're for shure a good lawyer (are you SIN's lawyer ? you don't trust in her dialectic capabilities?)

Lol I'm not SIN's lawyer. I'm doing this to amuse myself.
You might say I'm doing my best to steal her thunder because she was slow getting up to the plate. Slow you roll.

You speak like her though in the clever way you made me the subject. If I didn't know any better I'd suspect you being a sock account for SIN.

This has taken an amusing turn.

I mean I could let her argue with herself, but where's the fun in that? That would be a blood bath. No one wants to see that.

Edited by samowens84 (10/30/18 03:15 PM)

#117348 - 11/01/18 11:54 AM Re: The Pitfalls of Multiculturalism [Re: TheChess]
SIN3 Offline
stalker

But you haven't actually addressed why these practices would be considered abbhorent. What people deemed them so? Why is it immoral to do so? What agency should be doling out punishments, which can be rather arbitrary once you start examining case files.

What was an 'acceptable standard of living' in the U.S. for the better part of a century was in fact rooted in Judeo-Christian world views. There are plenty of examples that could be pointed to.

Harlotry
Adultery
Blue Laws
Consequences for Disobeying one's parents

Et, Al, Etc. Figured I'd lead off with these.

#117350 - 11/01/18 12:33 PM Re: The Pitfalls of Multiculturalism [Re: SIN3]
TheChess Offline
stranger

never talked about abborhend, immoralism, or traditions related to Judeo-Christianism, or the dualism good/wrong. I think that's an antiquated concept.

my answer is about Common sense.

In Africa rape a children is a common cure to AIDS, that's can be lecit in Africa, for someone. Not for me. Of course Not in my land.

For the US "acceptable standard of living" i dont know. But all the "j-c inspired" crimes are about personal freedom.. so now that laws i hope are expired, do you wanna that another culture in the name of multiculturalism reintroduce that kind of laws?

my opinion is clear.

Page 6 of 7 « First<34567>

Moderator:  TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.019 seconds of which 0.003 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.