Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#115509 - 01/04/18 04:48 PM The Magick of Not Giving a Fuck
Czereda Offline

Loc: Poland

A quite humorous talk about being assertive. She compares de-cluttering of your mind to tidying the house. How many times do you do things you really don't want to do but feel obliged to do? Can you say No? Can you state the boundaries for other people? How do you cope in awkward social situations?

#115771 - 02/15/18 04:45 AM Re: The Magick of Not Giving a Fuck [Re: Czereda]
Zeno Offline

Decluttering the mind is probably more important than decluttering material possessions, since the origin of clutter begins and ends in the mind. Examples of what I got rid of: toxic parents; credit cards; Facebook; television; being on the voting register.

Decluttering is only useful if what is eliminated is replaced with an alternative positive thing, for instance if time freed up from no longer watching television is spent watching the same stuff on YouTube, it would not be a beneficial end result.

#115783 - 02/16/18 03:26 PM Re: The Magick of Not Giving a Fuck [Re: Zeno]
fiendish Offline

Bullshit is a lot more appreciated nowadays in this fucking land. Watch your ego, since it could mean another thousand years of frustration. As a mater of fact, not caring about anything means a partial freedom. Partial because of oxytocin? Nope. Partially because of estrogens messing with testosterone.

Medulla oblongata

#115787 - 02/17/18 05:54 AM Re: The Magick of Not Giving a Fuck [Re: fiendish]
Zeno Offline

All hormones play a part in what makes the individual what they are. The metaphorical ship of self has the choice either to sail randomly in the storm of hormones, or use its mind as sails to intelligently navigate to a desirable end state or destination.

In addition to getting rid of crap in mind and life, it is essential to replace the eliminated crap with something positive or more crap will come to replace it. Nature hates empty space, will fill it with something.

#115813 - 02/19/18 09:24 AM Re: The Magick of Not Giving a Fuck [Re: Zeno]
fiendish Offline

It is rather a scheme than a metaphor. That there is no navigator or navigation does not mean that you shouldn't end in the desirable location. It is just about the illusion you are the captain.
Just consider what you're saying, that hormones afflict you all of the time. If this is a fact, is there really a way to avoid it? And why should you? "Using your mind" is a metaphor for something that makes you feel so, or something that distracts you from the whole.
If you really are a slave to hormones, how could you turn it in a "positive" way? In fact, "positive" is a mathematical meaning, only integrated in real life for aesthetical reasons. Is "crap" what you consider as negative? If so, how would you merge the empty space into the equation?
Anthropomorphism is often met in people cultures. It is an attempt to incorporate what they cannot understand in their cultures. Then they're trying to explain what they've done, but alas...

Medulla oblongata

#115814 - 02/19/18 02:54 PM Re: The Magick of Not Giving a Fuck [Re: fiendish]
Creatura Noptii Offline

Loc: Oregon
So it ends with setting boundaries, there's a lot of talk lately about how important that seems to be.

I mean, what if you just tell people to fuck off, and like, don't feel guilty? Then you're an asshole?

Like she doesn't sit on one.

What a load of shit.

#115815 - 02/19/18 03:51 PM Re: The Magick of Not Giving a Fuck [Re: Creatura Noptii]
fiendish Offline

That's the big picture, yeah. Instead, I am setting no boundaries. Is it that I'm not willing to end this, or that I'm just trying to fight guilt?

Medulla oblongata

#115816 - 02/19/18 04:11 PM Re: The Magick of Not Giving a Fuck [Re: fiendish]
Creatura Noptii Offline

Loc: Oregon
I find, at least by my own standards, most people have nothing to feel guilty about. Go ahead and fight guilt, but not by limiting yourself to other people's sense of politeness, like this woman says. Guilt shaming is a huge mechanism that runs the psychology of most people, and with true irony, its one of the most shameful things.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Woland, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, TV is God, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.018 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 21 queries. Zlib compression disabled.