Page 1 of 5 12345>
Topic Options
#11567 - 09/18/08 11:36 AM Ouija Boards
memphischick Offline
stranger

Loc: Memphis, Tennessee
Ok, I am confused. I have never had a ouija board but last night my 10 year old daughter's friends brings one over because her mom said she had to get it out of her house ASAP because it is the work of the devil. What is the big freaking deal about these boards?
I told her she can leave it here. I notice that all christans freak out when you say anything about a ouija board.

#11573 - 09/18/08 05:19 PM Re: Ouija Boards [Re: memphischick]
Ringmaster Offline

Loc: Salem Oregon
LOL sounds like it's just some paranoid ztain who has watched to many horror movies. There shouldn't be a big deal about these toy because they are mearly that just toys.

#11575 - 09/18/08 05:45 PM Re: Ouija Boards [Re: Ringmaster]
ZephyrGirl Offline
R.I.P.

Loc: Adelaide Australia
Amytaville Horror (the book at least, didn't see the movie) had a ouiji board that opened up the devil to them. It all starts with the ouiji board mwah ah ah ah ah.

#11576 - 09/18/08 06:14 PM Re: Ouija Boards [Re: ZephyrGirl]
barrytheblade Offline
stranger

Loc: WA
I think the big get for the Ouija board was The Exorcist. Little Reagen used it and see what she got herself into? Of course, seeing as it's made by Hasbro, I doubt that they have a Shaman or paranormal electrician WiFi-ing all of them to the bowels of Hell. It's simply a thrill game that some fools take way too seriously. Hollywood-style hysteria.
#11617 - 09/19/08 10:14 AM Re: Ouija Boards [Re: barrytheblade]
Sapphire-Kain Offline
stranger

Haha, I think hardcore Christians just don't like to have fun. I remember when I was a kid, my friends and I made one and used it in secret, mainly because my friends parents were all total Jesus freaks. I don't see the big deal either. All it is is a bunch of letters, a piece of plastic, and the asshole in the group who always makes it say creepy things.
#11699 - 09/21/08 01:48 PM Re: Ouija Boards [Re: Sapphire-Kain]
The Fat One Offline
stranger

Loc: Missouri, USA
Hey easy with the asshole comments, I was always the asshole! I dont personally believe the have any magical powers but that they are fun to tease the xtians with!

#11711 - 09/21/08 07:22 PM Re: Ouija Boards [Re: The Fat One]
The Zebu Online

Loc: Orlando, FL
paranoia, paranoia, paranoia. Enough said.

Magic 8-balls are basically the same thing, but you don't see people freaking out over those.

#11855 - 09/25/08 09:03 PM Re: Ouija Boards [Re: The Zebu]
memphischick Offline
stranger

Well a few friends and I played with the one my daughters friend left here and it was no big deal to me. It's fun when people are freaking out because they think the dead is talking to them. It was funny as hell. they called me yesterday saying that they were still freaking out and paranoid. lol. I was laughing my ass off.

#11870 - 09/26/08 09:06 AM Re: Ouija Boards [Re: memphischick]
prhill Offline
banned
stranger

Loc: Chicago, Illinois
So I take it that the device actually moved or something that freaked them out so much?
#11956 - 09/28/08 05:29 PM Re: Ouija Boards [Re: prhill]
memphischick Offline
stranger

I don't know exactly what freaked them out so much. To me it's just a board but all these christan freaks think it's this evil board. it trips me out because everyone makes such a big freakin deal about them.

#11958 - 09/28/08 06:07 PM Re: Ouija Boards [Re: memphischick]
Asmodevs Offline
stranger

My knowledge and experience leads me to the conclusion that Ouija boards themselves have as much occult power as a pendulum just lying on a table. The missing link in their 'power' is the operator. Ouija boards and pendulums are 'training wheels' that can be used to develop insight into your own internal 'powers' of instinct and guidance on higher levels. They contain only as much 'evil' or 'goodness' as is inherent in the operator. Things that people may be fearing in these objects is their ability (when used properly) to surface the darker side of themselves that they'd rather leave hidden and neglected. So, they call it 'the work of the devil'.
#13094 - 10/21/08 12:59 PM Re: Ouija Boards [Re: memphischick]
Marilyn Offline
stranger

It all falls down to Christians being paranoid to things like that.
i can see why the would say it is the work of the devil, but someone should tell them if they ask, maybe their good friend the great J.C might pop round to visit.
I personally have only had a few tries at the board.
but no success.

it all comes down to misconception from movies and horror/occult books.

HS!

#13102 - 10/21/08 01:27 PM Re: Ouija Boards [Re: Marilyn]
Third-Side Offline
stranger

Loc: Maine
Ouija Board, Oh Ouija Board.....I like the song by Morrissey. I wish the people that get scared by Ouija Boards could see my Ritual Chamber.

#13120 - 10/21/08 04:54 PM Re: Ouija Boards [Re: Third-Side]
Phaethon Offline
pledge

I'm not a big believer in the occult, so i don't think they are that big of a deal, just a silly little thing that scares the superstitious.

#13127 - 10/21/08 06:24 PM Re: Ouija Boards [Re: Phaethon]
Marilyn Offline
stranger

HAHAHAHAHA

Take a look at this!

Ouija Board Parker Brothers Hasbro Games.

the same company that produces Monopoly, actually makes these and sells them as a board game

ouija on amazon.com

then for the or chilled person,

the version to speak with Jah:
Ouija for the person on the green side of life

it made me laugh, so i thought i would share it

regards

-Marilyn

HS!

Page 1 of 5 12345>

Moderator:  SkaffenAmtiskaw, fakepropht, TV is God, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.024 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.