Page 1 of 4 1234>
Topic Options
#115944 - 03/05/18 12:24 PM Serious Study of Satanism
SIN3 Offline
stalker

Loc: Virginia
What would that entail exactly? A redundant repetition of statements? Yet another interpretation of that which should be abundantly clear to anyone with half a brain?

Do the archives just cease to exist because a user chooses to ignore them?

What, in your opinion, does this forum have to offer you? How much does that differ than say, cira 2008 600c?

Discuss...

#115945 - 03/05/18 01:09 PM Re: Serious Study of Satanism [Re: SIN3]
Dark Light 444 Offline

LOL.

How about asking yourself the same questions?

I’ve only been here since late last year; and my intentions here have been clear from the get go. I’m a fan of Aquino’s, and while he’s in this phase of prolific book runs, it’s pretty neat to actually catch him on here from time to time to discuss those.

If, perhaps, you’re getting annoyed with certain users bringing up topics that have already been discussed at length here, how about providing some links along with your usual snark? You’re the person who literallly posts the most, so maybe you could do that.

#115947 - 03/05/18 01:35 PM Re: Serious Study of Satanism [Re: SIN3]
Bartho LeMule Offline

In a mere few weeks - even with the restraint of 5 posts per day - something historical will happen here at the 600 Club: SIN Jones will reach a staggering 7000 posts!

Everyone here and at Pagan Space appears to be jubilant about this monumental feat. Some can barely contain themselves.

There is a life-lesson to be learned from Sin Jones: That you should not ever let any type of restriction hold you back from accomplishing the implausible!

#115948 - 03/05/18 01:57 PM Re: Serious Study of Satanism [Re: Bartho LeMule]
Dark Light 444 Offline

Her post count right now is 6969. She should just leave it at that and call it a day. Perfect number for her farewell.

#115949 - 03/05/18 03:02 PM Re: Serious Study of Satanism [Re: SIN3]
CanisMachina42 Offline
veteran member

Loc: CA
I first heard about this place in 2011 from someone I worked with. After the clarification it wasn't the 700 club being talked about I got the basic run through.

600 was the best one content-wise, S.I.N. had some good people on it, was more social and less restrictive, and Joy of Satan was a joke.

That stayed until right before the time I showed up (spring 2013). That started the beginning of watching it bleed out in the subsequent 5 years.

It seems the tendency towards cliquey elitism was its eventual undoing. The colors and 'access levels' could only last for so long. Exclusion pisses people off. That caused a run of drama that caused the most prominent moderator to leave and take its ambiance with him. From what I have put together anyway.

And that points to another weird quirk here. An inexplicable occurrence of bullshit you know is happening, but can't quite pull out of people no matter how pissed you get.

#115950 - 03/05/18 03:27 PM Re: Serious Study of Satanism [Re: SIN3]
Czereda Online

Loc: Poland
Anyone who comes here to study anything is a moron. That implies a pathetic need for a teacher. The forum is a place for the banter, perhaps a little bit more formal than chit chat over coffee because writing by its very nature is more official than speech. Still, it's what it is; a place of entertainment. Sure, as I wrote earlier, you can gain some insight from your interaction with other people but this will not replace the experience you get by living your life.

Personally, I still enjoy this forum. It's not as active as it used to be but it still offers some opportunity for an interesting discussion. Forums come and go. It's pretty normal that forums after some time become either less active or defunct altogether. My approach is: Enjoy it while it lasts. Get from it as much as you can. If you think it doesn't serve you, leave. Or just stop participating.

The topics that repeat themselves don't really bother me. It can happen that now I know something I didn't know earlier or some new person will jump in and the discussion will look a little bit different. Reading archives isn't much fun. One can as well read a book.

@Canis

Exclusion pisses people off. All right. It's understandable. Nobody likes being rejected. But shouldn't one somehow get used to it, get over it and even embrace and welcome it? Especially, if your mascot is Satan? You know, that reject, the guy who got banished from Heaven.

#115951 - 03/05/18 04:37 PM Re: Serious Study of Satanism [Re: Dark Light 444]
SIN3 Offline
stalker

Oh you want links do ya? While you're giving me an elitist club shirt, you're assigning me the role of secretary too?

I didn't ask you why you were here. I am inquiring what a serious and sincere study of Satanism would be like here on the forum.

If you feel mocked, there are reasons for it. It isn't just your Aquino fandom.

Anytime you're ready to engage, let me know. Until then, do continue throwing wooden nickles on my altar.

#115952 - 03/06/18 05:55 AM Re: Serious Study of Satanism [Re: SIN3]
Zeno Offline

Someone walks along the beach collecting the debris that is washed ashore, some debris is useful, some rubbish, some obscure; then that person puts it in a museum. This is what I think 600Club is.

An individual learning about some culture or event visits museums, but they also learn from other methods: books; video; classes; reinactment; interacting with that culture; practicing that culture in their own lives.

#115956 - 03/06/18 10:25 AM Re: Serious Study of Satanism [Re: Zeno]
SIN3 Offline
stalker

Can you give me an example of something you've learned about Satanism here on the forum? That would be useful to this discussion.

#115958 - 03/06/18 03:03 PM Re: Serious Study of Satanism [Re: Zeno]
Michael A.Aquino Offline
stalker

Loc: San Francisco, CA, USA
 Originally Posted By: Zeno
Someone walks along the beach collecting the debris that is washed ashore ...

Point well-taken, and deeper than casual reading suggests.

How much of one's life is determined by accident, happenstance? How much is deliberate, purposeful, by oneself or others (physical or meta-)?

John Fowles in his Aristos, and fictionally in The Magus, was an advocate of what he called the principle of "hazard".

Probably the most subtle and fascinating of the "determinist" context is the Egyptian Xeper, more intelligible as the later Greek Telos. [I've discussed this in both MindStar and IlluminAnX, because it has different implications for the LHP & RHP.]

I think, but am not certain, that I went into it in some 600C threads too; try the T-word in an archives search.

Originally Posted By: Ian Fleming, Goldfinger, 1959
Goldfinger’s flat, hard stare didn’t flicker. He might not have heard Bond’s angry-gentleman outburst. The finely-chiseled lips parted. He said, “Mr. Bond, they have a saying in Chicago: ‘Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it’s enemy action.’"

#115960 - 03/06/18 04:43 PM Re: Serious Study of Satanism [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
SIN3 Offline
stalker

Originally Posted By: MA
How much of one's life is determined by accident, happenstance? How much is deliberate, purposeful, by oneself or others (physical or meta-)?

Wouldn't a reply like this indicate a marker for Existentialist thought? The very thing you've labeled others on the forum but don't claim for yourself?

#115963 - 03/06/18 06:18 PM Re: Serious Study of Satanism [Re: SIN3]
Dark Light 444 Offline

Well, if you've ever read or listened to interviews with Aquino, he's never hidden the fact that pre-CoS, he was basically an existentialist.

#115964 - 03/07/18 02:58 AM Re: Serious Study of Satanism [Re: SIN3]
Michael A.Aquino Offline
stalker

Loc: San Francisco, CA, USA
 Originally Posted By: SIN3
Wouldn't a reply like this indicate a marker for Existentialist thought?

Not at all, both physically (OU) and metaphysically (SU). The long answer is in MindStar, but summarily:

OU (MindWar, LBM)

Your subconscious "pattern thinking" selects your consciousness into subjects, surroundings, and situations which seize your attention and impel your involvement. Other patterns select your credulity, attitude, urgency, etc. In short, a certain kind of post here, on a certain kind of subject, by a certain person or kind of person, all combine to compel you to answer. And your pattern defining Existentialism dictates its argued relevance.

SU (MindStar, GBM)

Here I'll quote an MS extract; as explained in the book, I sometimes use the old term "soul" for readers' conversational ease:

Originally Posted By: MAA. MindStar
As the soul is unique and completely singular, it is inherently impossible to define or describe it - only to apprehend and identify it. As noted above, this is frustrating and even alarming to humans who are accustomed to be able to regard everything as a “building block” or combination of such blocks. Thus they can make everything mechanical and so definable and practical: the realms of physical and other sciences. The consequence is to simply ignore or deny the soul.

Nevertheless it exists; it is the “ultimate You” of each individual. It is not just important, but indeed centrally so. Absent it, indeed, there would be no perceiver of, no actor upon “otherness”. Everything beyond it, from the individual SU to the OU, would be absolutely, utterly irrelevant. All such external existence and phenomena would be entirely meaningless. It would make no difference whether any of it existed or not.

This truth was perhaps first realized by existentialists such as Jean-Paul Sarte, who in Nausea sought to express the “horror” of incidental non-self existence. That there should be such objects and phenomena merely haphazardly struck him as nothing short of obscene. All non-self must have meaning and purpose assigned to it to overcome this primal obscenity ...

Existentialism, like Atheism and agnosticism, is ultimately a refusal to confront. It may result from simple ignorance, stupidity, or egotism. But it came into being, and fashion, in the post-WW2 period, as a horrified rejection of the extreme Romanticism of Nazi Germany & Fascist Italy. Not to mention conventional religion, which had failed all the more conspicuously in the War.

It is your unique MindStar which makes the authentic SIN3 more than the sum of your OU thought patterns. This is one of the distinctions between initiation and non-initiation: the latter human's MS is unrealized, dormant; he/she may well be wholly the [Existential] creature of OU conditioning.

#115965 - 03/07/18 08:48 AM Re: Serious Study of Satanism [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
SIN3 Offline
stalker

Seems to me, your mental gymnastics are just trying to re-categorize personality. While the brain stores it, the brain is not your personality. Is it really that important to call it a soul? To say that it will exist beyond your biological death is stored where exactly? In some floating Jar? Even after your death, people 'remember' you quite differently than what you authentically were. It only matters to those alive anyway. The dead don't issue complaint.

MindStar can be summarized then as all the characteristics that make You, otherwise we'd all be clones and nature doesn't work that way.

That we are unique to say, a flock of birds, doesn't mean that definition is unattainable.

#115968 - 03/07/18 10:40 AM Re: Serious Study of Satanism [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
samowens84 Offline

"Existentialism, like Atheism and agnosticism, is ultimately a refusal to confront."

Interesting. To me it represents a grounding of the ego, rather then a pathological and ideological drive deeper into the unconscious at every moment at every day. Also, it goes over much more relatable in certain classroom settings. ;\)

To use Sartre here, at what point does spirituality itself become bad faith and instead a form of egotism?

Edited by samowens84 (03/07/18 10:44 AM)

Page 1 of 4 1234>

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.016 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.