Page 2 of 3 <123>
Topic Options
#116105 - 03/20/18 11:18 AM Re: Moon Landings: Faked? [Re: Kori Houghton]
Mr Chips Offline
stranger

Because the Moon landings were the US equivalent of "hold my beer."

Once done... why continue, especially in the face of the crises of the 70s and the cost of continuing with no real pay off in the forseeable future?

Edited by Mr Chips (03/20/18 11:19 AM)

#116108 - 03/20/18 03:33 PM Re: Moon Landings: Faked? [Re: Mr Chips]
Michael A.Aquino Offline
stalker

Loc: San Francisco, CA, USA
 Originally Posted By: Mr Chips
Once done... why continue?

1. We could find and take out the Nazi Moonbase before they're ready to attack Earth.

2. We can hit the Martians with a flank attack when they set out to invade Earth.

3. We can corner the global Green Cheese market.

4. We can pay down the national debt by charging cows 10 cents/jump.

5. We can control unexpected and disruptive mood changes.

6. Satanism theme song revival.

#116109 - 03/20/18 05:51 PM Re: Moon Landings: Faked? [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
Mr Chips Offline
stranger

Originally Posted By: Michael A.Aquino

1. We could find and take out the Nazi Moonbase before they're ready to attack Earth.

Ha! I did nat-zee that coming.

Edited by Mr Chips (03/20/18 05:52 PM)

#119642 - 07/19/19 08:56 AM Re: Moon Landings: Faked? [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
Dark Light 444 Offline

It appears as though the video has been removed. Interesting...

#119643 - 07/19/19 03:59 PM Re: Moon Landings: Faked? [Re: Dark Light 444]
CanisMachina42 Offline
veteran member

Loc: Ca
I fucking love when people ask Buzz Aldrin a similar question. He get's really pissed when people accuse him of never walking on the moon and occasionally decks people for it.

And I thought the secret Apollo missions after 18 found weird onion people in an abandoned city on the far side?

And also during Apollo 18, when the astronauts were in the moon blackout phase a voice came on and said, "Ok, you have seen it, and you can stop coming back."

In all, everyone knows the faked Moon landing is disinformation to hide the real space program of backward engineered death gliders.
11:56 PM July, 1st 2019
Wrote Signature

#119655 - 07/22/19 07:53 PM Re: Moon Landings: Faked? [Re: CanisMachina42]
Dark One Offline
pledge

It would probably take more effort to fake the landings than it would to just go to the moon in the first place. They would also have to find some other way of putting those reflective mirrors on the moon the use to bounce lasers to measures the moons distance from the Earth. Perhaps an unmanned robot could put those there but I doubt they would have had the technology in the 60's to do it.
#120123 - 09/08/19 08:30 AM Re: Moon Landings: Faked? [Re: Dark One]
TheChess Offline
stranger

Loc: Switzerland
if it was a fake, the day after the U.S.S.R would have shouted everywhere. So.. it was real.

#120128 - 09/08/19 11:00 AM Re: Moon Landings: Faked? [Re: TheChess]
Kori Houghton Offline

Loc: East Coast USA
 Originally Posted By: TheChess
if it was a fake, the day after the U.S.S.R would have shouted everywhere. So.. it was real.

Yes, and what Dark One said above your comment RE the difference between 1960s tech versus what we now have in the 21st Century. When I met my late husband in 1977 (a hardware/software design engineer who worked briefly on Apollo) he kept a slide rule in his desk. I purchased my first pocket calculator in 1976 for $99 (on deep discount) and all it could do was basic arithmetic.

One big change over the past 50 years is the size of an object with serious computing power. When I worked in data center operations in the 80s for a major corporation, computer hardware packed into a room that was half the space on a floor of an office building had less "under the hood" than a smart phone today.

In the 60s, a human brain attached to its body was the smaller, lighter weight, option for space travel.

#120162 - 09/12/19 09:44 PM Re: Moon Landings: Faked? [Re: Kori Houghton]
TheChess Offline
stranger

Loc: Switzerland
if we look at microcontrollers (atmel avr etc), we can find the same power as the kpt. canaveral IBM mainframe: so, in fact was enough (also for today standards).
dimensions, people etc are very different (and effective!) in the effort, but in reality a microcontroller is near enough for a satellite ecm.

--> 0f course it was every time a challenge: i have heard about 50% ratio of death at every apollo mission, and fortunatly never happened!

cheers.

Edited by TheChess (09/12/19 10:31 PM)

#120857 - 11/24/19 04:18 AM Re: Moon Landings: Faked? [Re: Kori Houghton]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

Originally Posted By: Kori Houghton

So, thousands of scientists, engineers, and technicians landed astronauts on the Moon several times in the late 1960s -- early 1970s, while a bunch of armchair analysts and conspiracy theorists didn't.

Again, the interesting question for me is how/why the public "lack of interest" was created and encouraged.

Public never had an interest for landing on the moon.
Except maybe for a few dreamers...
Businesses neither.
Which is still the same up until this day.

Moon landings was Government throwing money to get "ahead of them Commie-bastards".

Nowadays, power is no longer decided by "who's got the biggest rocket and throw it the farthest" but over "who's minds do I own and how can I remain on edge".

There was never an economic interest except for political and military gain. Average Joe just wants to get his plate filled and fuck niece Nichoole while watching the Kardashians.

#120859 - 11/24/19 09:07 AM Re: Moon Landings: Faked? [Re: Dimitri]
Kori Houghton Offline

Originally Posted By: Dimitri
Public never had an interest for landing on the moon.
Except maybe for a few dreamers...
Businesses neither.
Which is still the same up until this day.

Are you speaking from first-hand experience? How old were you in 1957 (Sputnik) and 1969 (moon landing)? Uh huh. I call bullshit here.

I grew up with space flight tech, and it was a huge deal for the average kid, and most of our parents. My parents were working class, although both of them had smarts and secondary school mentors who had wanted them to go on to college. Sure they gave lip service to their less intelligent relatives and neighbors about how "out there" and wasteful the space program was, but that was not the conversation around the dinner table.

I was fortunate to grow up in a world where girls didn't need to be in gender segregated classes so they didn't have to pretend not to be able to do math and science. I never had a job babysitting, waiting tables, or working in a shop at the mall. All of my jobs were in IT, beginning with a summer job when I was 17 at my state's Dept. of Transportation as a data coder. It was super cool because I got to learn to read blue prints (to extract the data) and how traffic signal timings were created and calculated. And there were plenty of attractive young women working as Traffic Engineers who had been college math majors. Nerd girls didn't have to be homely and socially spastic. It was the Space Age, and being smart was the ultimate in cool.

Moon landings was Government throwing money to get "ahead of them Commie-bastards".

You watch too much teevee (or the online equivalent). My father took me out late at night when I was 4 years old to see Sputnik. There was no lecture about the evils of the USSR. I remember my dad was like a big kid, thrilled about the whole thing.

Nowadays, power is no longer decided by "who's got the biggest rocket and throw it the farthest" but over "who's minds do I own and how can I remain on edge".

There was never an economic interest except for political and military gain. Average Joe just wants to get his plate filled and fuck niece Nichoole while watching the Kardashians.

Maybe for your generation. The only thing Kardashian I know is some girl with a huge butt who used to pal around with Paris Hilton. That was more then a decade ago.

#120861 - 11/24/19 02:25 PM Re: Moon Landings: Faked? [Re: Kori Houghton]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

Hello granny, try not to fall off that chair.

The situation you grew up in was the fall-out of war.
Government and military all knew full well the ramifications and technological spoils the second great war brought.

New power blocks were created.
The face of war transitioned from bullets and knives to technological supremacy and information.

Unless you are so naive to think people (for fun) strapped themselves to rockets and fly to unknown terrain.
Or waste their resources on launching projectiles as high as possible (without good reason).

The war never ended, it became more subtle and less obvious.

As for "the ladies in ICT".
Considering the millions of soldiers whom died in trenches and warfare, and knowing they were mostly male, it is no surprise women took up these kind of jobs.
There was barely a capable man left to do the work.
And considering the time... cheaper labor.

The space-race was but that.
A continuation of war but this time with a new face.

Edited by Dimitri (11/24/19 02:26 PM)

#120862 - 11/24/19 04:22 PM Re: Moon Landings: Faked? [Re: Dimitri]
aeon6 Offline

Loc: K°benhavn, Denmark
War morphs with persistence. Ordinary war no longer suffices for the pathology of civilisation. Now, it must go beyond the fight over diminishing resources or ideologies, and concentrate itself on something that finally looks more like oblivion. WW2 was Playskool. Nukes don't have love notes attached, but once you're vaporised who cares.
#120873 - 11/26/19 11:14 AM Re: Moon Landings: Faked? [Re: Dimitri]
Kori Houghton Offline

Hello granny, try not to fall off that chair.

How thoughtful of you, Dimi, but I've never heard of an elderly person falling off of a chair?

The situation you grew up in was the fall-out of war.
Government and military all knew full well the ramifications and technological spoils the second great war brought.

New power blocks were created.
The face of war transitioned from bullets and knives to technological supremacy and information.

What you describe above isn't unique to the aftermath of WWII. Civilization has always involved war, to some degree, and that is part of how new technology is developed. Even away from the blood-thirsty European tribes always have a go at each other, the rest of the world is full of humans in various shapes and colors involved in armed conflicts. I don't like it, but there it is.

Unless you are so naive to think people (for fun) strapped themselves to rockets and fly to unknown terrain.
Or waste their resources on launching projectiles as high as possible (without good reason).

It's not na´ve to think that. I knew a pregnant young woman who liked to use amusement park rides that involved accelerated falling (it was called "parachute drop" or something like that) to see what would happen to the fetus. As for wasted resources, I again reference the humans all over the world involved in armed conflicts as I type. Male humans are into a lot of uselessly violent and destructive stuff.

I know my late husband would have loved to go into space, but his eyesight prevented him from being a pilot. My father, who a sensible guy, told my mother he would never want to get launched into space. But I saw the look on his face watching the countdowns and liftoffs on teevee. He was totally lying.

The war never ended, it became more subtle and less obvious.

All civilizations are constantly at war, with those wars going through direct -- and indirect -- phases of conflict. It's the way humans are wired,

As for "the ladies in ICT".
Considering the millions of soldiers whom died in trenches and warfare, and knowing they were mostly male, it is no surprise women took up these kind of jobs.
There was barely a capable man left to do the work.
And considering the time... cheaper labor.

Seriously, WTF? The USA took lighter casualties in WWII, by intention of its military leadership. The shortage of man (ie, male) power happened while males were mobilized during the war, at US military bases and overseas. But most of them came home, fit and able to work. Almost all the women came home, to stay, and became the mothers of my generation. Most of them never returned to the work force after having children.

By the time I was working, at age 17, in Traffic Engineering, almost all the IT staff was under 35 -- and mostly male.

Since that first job was at a state government facility, job qualifications and salaries were determined in part by scores on Civil Service tests. Women who graduated with degrees in Engineering, Computer Science, and Math weren't "cheaper labor".

Women are actually paid less today, compared to men doing the same work, than they were when I lasted collected a check in 1989. Living off of a passive income is more "fair" as my wealth doesn't need to wear a bra.

The space-race was but that.
A continuation of war but this time with a new face.

Many aspects of civilization are various faces of war. Something humanity needs to change, but I don't expect to see this in my lifetime.

#120877 - 11/27/19 08:28 AM Re: Moon Landings: Faked? [Re: Kori Houghton]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

Yes yes... man's natural state of being is conflict throughout time.

The only weird flex at the moment is Europe having been conflict "free" for the last 75 years...which implies war being waged on another level.

As far as the U.S. concerns with "lighter casualties"...
400K is still a lot of lives lost. Not to mention numbers for injuries range between 600K to 700K...bringing the total amount of casualties to about 1000K.

Considering the amount of people labeled under "injuries", I am pretty doubtful about your statement of " came home, fit and able to work" and may safely call you out on bullshit.

Besides, even if it were the case, do you think businesses would be willing to part with their cheaper female workforce in order to hire more expensive males.
Men probably still mentally wrought with the horrors of war.

Originally Posted By: Kori Houghthon
I know my late husband would have loved to go into space, but his eyesight prevented him from being a pilot. My father, who a sensible guy, told my mother he would never want to get launched into space. But I saw the look on his face watching the countdowns and liftoffs on teevee. He was totally lying.

Basic Psyops.
Daddy wasn't lying.
Merely enamored with another perspective.

Just not the one which lead to the race in the first place.

Page 2 of 3 <123>

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.037 seconds of which 0.015 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.