Page 1 of 3 123>
Topic Options
#116178 - 04/03/18 02:41 PM The Case 4 the Right Hand Path
Brother Nihil Offline

Satanism, the Left Hand Path, I-theism – imo, the whole thing is delusional rubbish. U r going 2 die. Ur crude matter is nothing, the universe doesn't care about it and it will not be missed when u turn 2 dust. But maybe there is something higher than u and ur atoms—a god, force, soul, spirit, Tao, etc. If not, ur existence is absurd and will be over soon. So what do u have 2 lose by seeking union with a higher power? Nothing, because without that union u r nothing but a bag of atoms. The Left Hand Path of carnality is a path of delusion and despair. The Right Hand Path of mysticism offers the possibility of a way out, even if it is also mostly delusion. Why not try a Right Hand Path? Even worshiping the Devil has 2b better than worshipping atoms. What do u have 2 lose? Hail Satan!
#116179 - 04/03/18 08:05 PM Re: The Case 4 the Right Hand Path [Re: Brother Nihil]
CanisMachina42 Offline
veteran member

Loc: CA
Is this from "The Powerball School of Debt Abatement", Nihil?

#116180 - 04/03/18 08:48 PM Re: The Case 4 the Right Hand Path [Re: Brother Nihil]
Kori Houghton Offline

Loc: East Coast USA
 Originally Posted By: Brother Nihil
Satanism, the Left Hand Path, I-theism – imo, the whole thing is delusional rubbish.

The three concepts you mention aren't a "whole thing", but three different things.

U r going 2 die. Ur crude matter is nothing, the universe doesn't care about it and it will not be missed when u turn 2 dust.

Yeah, right? (see my signature)

But maybe there is something higher than u and ur atoms—a god, force, soul, spirit, Tao, etc. If not, ur existence is absurd and will be over soon. So what do u have 2 lose by seeking union with a higher power? Nothing, because without that union u r nothing but a bag of atoms.

If there is something "higher" than our physical existence, we are already a part of that. If there isn't, we'd be attempting to unite with nothing. There is nothing to seek, to practice, to believe, or obsess over.

The Left Hand Path of carnality is a path of delusion and despair.

The Eastern LHP uses "carnality" for the purpose of uniting with a higher power. The so-called Western LHP is a 20th Century occultnik construct that has no tradition of doctrine, lore, or practice behind it.

The Right Hand Path of mysticism offers the possibility of a way out, even if it is also mostly delusion. Why not try a Right Hand Path? Even worshiping the Devil has 2b better than worshipping atoms. What do u have 2 lose? Hail Satan!

A "way out" of what? If there is something higher than physical existence, we are already "in" that.

#116181 - 04/04/18 04:23 PM Re: The Case 4 the Right Hand Path [Re: Brother Nihil]
Michael A.Aquino Offline
stalker

Loc: San Francisco, CA, USA
For analysis of the Paths and options, try this.

#116189 - 04/06/18 12:42 AM Re: The Case 4 the Right Hand Path [Re: Brother Nihil]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

Every junk needs his drug.

You are right. All things considered it can be considered as obsolete.

But the body is hardwired to make things bearable.
Let me have my flavour and be.

The heroine-junk might have tried weed but has made his preferential clear enough. No need to make a case for the other that produces a much lower high.

#116193 - 04/06/18 07:14 AM Re: The Case 4 the Right Hand Path [Re: Brother Nihil]
LoneWolf78 Offline

Satanism, the Left Hand Path, I-theism – imo, the whole thing is delusional rubbish.

There is such glaring contradiction there, but, I agree with your opinion somewhat. Don't confuse Satanism or for that matter the Left Hand Path with the Gilmorian rubbish of I-theism. IMO he would rather have a Church of Atheism (CoA) than a Church of Satan (CoS). I never read anywhere that Doktor LaVey used such a term. However, if you look, more and more in interviews, Gilmore damn near omits that dirty little "S" word in favor of the "A" word. (Though I must be careful at this point. If I get to playing around with the "S" word and the "A" word too much I could lead folks to believe that I was talking about SoA and then I could get sued by FOX \:D )

Quote:
Ur crude matter is nothing, the universe doesn't care about it and it will not be missed when u turn 2 dust.

That is true to an extent. It is also a point of view. As Obi Wan told Luke: "Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view." I am also sure that Dr. Aquino could interject something about the OU and the SU into this also.

But maybe there is something higher than u and ur atoms—a god, force, soul, spirit, Tao, etc.

There could be. At this point I would interject that like it or not you are coming at this from a very Satanic point of view which is doubt. Whether folks want to admit it or not disbelief, that is to say that you absolutely do not believe in (fill in the blank) without any solid proof that (blank) does not exist is the same practice of absolutely believing in (blank) without having any solid proof that (blank) exists. Dis/belief is all the same thing. It all requires faith. On the other hand, your approach is quite healthy IMO. Doubt, test, and validate.

If not, ur existence is absurd and will be over soon.

In your opinion.

So what do u have 2 lose by seeking union with a higher power?

(Or Lower Power ;\) ). But agreed. You have nothing to lose. How would you know that a car would drive unless you put the key into the ignition and gave it a try? This taps into a very good point of the Satanic Atheists IMO. When it comes to Greater Magic, we must remember that half of TSB was dedicated to the topic. TSR was a full book dedicated to the topic. There are even examples of Greater Magic to be found in The Satanic Witch. (IMO, this all lends credibility to some of the observations that Dr. Aquino made of Doktor LaVey and the early days of the CoS.) But I digress. These "Satanists" who never even so much as try to perform a GM Ritual are short changing themselves and believing that it must all be filler for a book and that it really doesn't work anyway. How do you know that GM/Ritual work if you never have tried a working yourself?

Nothing, because without that union u r nothing but a bag of atoms.

Who said anything about a union? Look at folks in history who have certainly left their mark on the world for good or ill regardless of whether or not there is a Big JuJu in the sky or a Horny (no pun) guy with a pitchfork down below.

That is only if you accept the whitewashed definition of The Left Hand Path or Satanism itself that is currently trendy to peddle.

The Right Hand Path of mysticism offers the possibility of a way out, even if it is also mostly delusion

But is a way out what you truly seek? As far as the topic of death and immorality goes, I would suggest you to go back and read the chapter of TSB called Life After Death Through The Fulfillment Of The Ego. Though that only touches the tip of the iceberg. That is one of those instances in TSB where you could tell that LaVey felt he may have been onto something more, but ultimately for whatever reason pulled away. That said, consider your case for the right hand path for a moment. These beings that you wish to seek union with, have they not been fed by the Living for centuries. In this case, are they not in a sense Immortal? When someone dies and a funeral Rite is performed is every person there not feeding that "spirit - your immortal spirit" Which, "- shall live, not in an intangible paradise, but in the brains and sinews of those whose respect you have gained."?

Likewise, I have my own curiosities about leaving a part of yourself on objects. For instance, when someone can feel the spirit of a person by an object that they kept close to them throughout life. Granted, I am not sure I would like this particular body....but still it would be a nifty little way out. \:D I would also add on a more serious note to study mummification and why that it was so important to preserve the physical anchor (the body).

Even worshiping the Devil has 2b better than worshipping atoms.

Well.... DUH!

What do u have 2 lose? Hail Satan!

Nothing ventured nothing gained. ;\)

Hail Satan!

#116217 - 04/20/18 02:49 AM Re: The Case 4 the Right Hand Path [Re: Brother Nihil]
Carcosa Offline
stranger

Loc: Chicago
Satanism, the Left Hand Path, I-theism – imo, the whole thing is delusional rubbish. U r going 2 die.

Wanna bet?

.... But maybe there is something higher than u and ur atoms—a god, force, soul, spirit, Tao, etc. If not, ur existence is absurd and will be over soon.

You are still looking to off-load responsibility for your own existence.

By the way, notice I typed out "you are" instead of "u r". I graduated 3rd grade English (thank you very much).

So what do u have 2 lose by seeking union with a higher power?

Your Self. And what else do you have?

Only if you can't get laid. For the rest of us it's a fucking blast.

The Right Hand Path of mysticism offers the possibility of a way out, ....

But, I'm not looking for a "way out". I revel in my own existence.

#116218 - 04/20/18 06:29 AM Re: The Case 4 the Right Hand Path [Re: Carcosa]
Brother Nihil Offline

Ur way out is death and it's coming soon. Losing a bet won't change that. Ur self is a transient delusion and so is ur revelry. What else do I have? What else do u have? I have a suspicion that I'm more than these atoms. U, I suspect, r 2 deaf, dumb and blind 2 even have this.

Edited by Brother Nihil (04/20/18 06:36 AM)

#116222 - 04/25/18 11:08 PM Re: The Case 4 the Right Hand Path [Re: Brother Nihil]
Friend of zoogs Offline
pledge

Loc: MN
delusional? What is the truth? suspicion, conviction,...hope maybe? What compels you? is it fear? I don't even know why I'm asking really but what the fuck...

Whats wrong with atoms?

#116226 - 04/30/18 11:02 AM Re: The Case 4 the Right Hand Path [Re: Friend of zoogs]
SIN3 Offline
stalker

Loc: Virginia
I think Bro Nil is pushing the envelope here with the value of Esoteric texts; that may be a bit more valuable than say... The TSB.

I mean, that they've been apprehended and wielded against the gullible and the powerless is a given. Our nature is to corrupt and exploit.

I've never really had an issue with any of them really. I don't think you can lose yourself by reading them. There's value in them, they are wholly Occult. Only for those with eyes to see it though. To the rest, they usually have hang-ups, are jaded by their family upbringing, or were molested by a member of clergy.

#116227 - 04/30/18 09:43 PM Re: The Case 4 the Right Hand Path [Re: SIN3]
Friend of zoogs Offline
pledge

I think there is some value as well, if for no other reason than a recognition of the cultural connections. I am speaking of the bible of course. There are many (as you well know) references to the bible in unrelated items. Shakespeare, music, art etc. All of which I have benefitted from. As for what's actually in the text, maybe not so much. I usually ignore this sort of what I call ranting but something sparked me (being drunk) this time...

#116230 - 05/02/18 12:12 PM Re: The Case 4 the Right Hand Path [Re: Friend of zoogs]
SIN3 Offline
stalker

Loc: Virginia
That's always been his style. I have always found it amusing that he is utterly dismissed by most on these forums. Shame really. I've always enjoyed his postings.

#116233 - 05/02/18 11:09 PM Re: The Case 4 the Right Hand Path [Re: SIN3]
Friend of zoogs Offline
pledge

I to, have for the most part enjoyed his posts, yours as well. I expect most of the posts in general get dismissed. There does seem to be a large body of members who do nothing but watch. I lurk amongst them to some degree. Perhaps there is less posting because of the dismissal? Not to say that people shouldn't be dismissed, but there seems to be a bit of FEAR. maybe? Strange to me that the left hand path followers would be fearful. So maybe it's not fear, that's just what it seems to me.

#116236 - 05/03/18 06:13 AM Re: The Case 4 the Right Hand Path [Re: Friend of zoogs]
Czereda Offline

Loc: Poland
Dunno if it's fear or losing interest. Forums get less active in the course of time. The same fate met Satannet if you're familiar with this site.

Bro Nihil is a smart guy but his posts are satirical in nature. That's why they should be taken with a pinch of salt. He has a point but it's in between the lines. You should read it as you read a satire.

I don't think the man needs defence especially from those who made a big fuss about ONA troll topics. Generally, the key is discernment. Some topics posted by trolls, even if they contain incorrect information or are purely nonsensical, can give rise to some meaningful discussion. You can learn something in the process and you can also have some fun. Other topics perhaps should be dismissed and ignored. It's a matter of individual and subjective judgement. Every troll desires to be entertained but what is there for you? If it's entertaining for you too, you can play along.

Personally I think that those who are genuinely stupid are much worse than those who pretend to be stupid. Sometimes, it's hard to tell a difference.

#116243 - 05/03/18 10:07 PM Re: The Case 4 the Right Hand Path [Re: Czereda]
Friend of zoogs Offline
pledge

There does seem to be a reduction in the frequency of posting here. Even from Sin3 and other heavy users. I don't check very often but I have always enjoyed what I have read here. I am not familiar with Satannet, having my needs for this sort of thing more than satisfied here.

I think there is only so much room for discussion on some of these topics, and there is bound to be a lull in the conversation. That is the allure of the new member right? Maybe not a new perspective, but an old question re-asked. So I would hope that there isn't a deterrent to post from fear. I can understand lack of interest as the modern world is a swirling vortex of gratification, and so many topics have been cover to great detail that just reading old threads could be very satisfying. There is a certain amount of fun to be had with the danger of discussion though.

Page 1 of 3 123>

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.038 seconds of which 0.003 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.