Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#116267 - 05/11/18 03:24 PM Adam Parfrey Dies
LoneWolf78 Offline

Adam Parfrey, the founder of Feral House Books (Anton LaVey's last publisher) has passed away. Aside from publishing works by the founder of the Church of Satan, Feral House published some pretty cool books.

Adam Parfrey Dies

#116270 - 05/11/18 04:43 PM Re: Adam Parfrey Dies [Re: LoneWolf78]
SIN3 Offline
stalker

Loc: Virginia
Hmph, 61 is pretty young. I wonder if it was lifestyle/poor health.

Looking at a list of his works, I haven't read a single thing by that guy.

I checked Feral House Publishing's site, and not a peep yet.

#116271 - 05/11/18 05:57 PM Re: Adam Parfrey Dies [Re: SIN3]
LoneWolf78 Offline

I recommend Apocalypse Culture parts I & II. I'm sure that knowing you you will find some things of interest.

Several years ago, I posted the TLB interview with Nikolas Schreck on his book The Manson File Myth and Reality of an Outlaw Shaman.

When I posted it, I thought that it was pretty apparent that I was not Nikolas Schreck and likewise, I made no claim to being the person who was interviewing him. I posted it with the sole intention that I thought some of my friends may be interested.

No less, Adam thought that I was the person who did the interview and without telling me of this belief, started sending me all of this info and behind the scenes stuff about when his first publishing company AMOK Press put out the original The Manson File of which Schreck was credited with being the editor. He also discussed the involvement of Boyd Rice and others and several stories about what a pain it had been and why he ultimately chose to put Schreck front and center.

At some point in the conversation as I was speaking with him it must have became apparent to him that I was not the man doing the interview because he asked me if I wasn't the person who had done it. I told him no and that I had not made that claim. We continued on the conversation for a bit as my real name reminded him of another author he had published.

After that we didn't message back and forth any longer. However, every now and again he would comment on my posts. I recall that he took issue with something that I said in regards to Trayvon Martin (yes that Trayvon Martin aka Saint Skittles) being anything but innocent. I was focusing on an autopsy report showing a couple effects of the drug(?) lean (a mixture of Robitussin with coedine a sweet drink and candy usually skittles) that were already taking effects on his body. I then pointed out Martin's own admittance of the use of this and his attempts to acquire the Robitussin via his stupidly public facebook page. I pointed out that essentially the night he was killed he had two of the three ingredients and given his past school record that I didn't know what all of the tears were for. I remember Adam took a pro-Trayvon stance and when I didn't back down from my initial post (on my own page) and responded in kind, he unfriended me.

I got kind of a chuckle out of possibly offending the guy who was known for publishing offensive material.

Beyond that, the only connection that I have to Adam Parfrey is a signed copy of Apocalypse Culture I that I purchased back in 2001 from Stanton LaVey. During our conversation I took a picture of his signature on the book and asked him who it was made out to as I could not read his writing of the name. He told me, but I no longer remember the name.

#116324 - 05/23/18 05:03 PM Re: Adam Parfrey Dies [Re: LoneWolf78]
Bitis Arietans Offline
stranger

Loc: NC
Lonewolf78 or anyone else who may know the answer to this:

I was speaking with a Priest in the CoS recently and happened to mention that Boyd Rice was Anton LaVeys hand-picked successor for the leader of the CoS but that Boyd turned it down. That's the only way I've ever read or heard this. Said Priest told me I was incorrect.

Anyone have any info on this?

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.024 seconds of which 0.008 seconds were spent on 18 queries. Zlib compression disabled.