Page 3 of 6 <12345>Last »
Topic Options
#116855 - 08/23/18 02:37 PM Re: What is the attraction of becoming a Satanist? [Re: ANewNameNoOneEls]
Dark Light 444 Offline

As long as your understanding of Satanism is defined through the lens of Judeo-Christian theology, you will never understand the praxis by which actual Satanists define themselves.

#116858 - 08/24/18 12:38 AM Re: What is the attraction of becoming a Satanist? [Re: ANewNameNoOneEls]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

It's the same reason why people turn to god.
The attraction of moral superiority and acceptance.

Never underestimate the simple things.
Many have gone into the pitfall by searching "beyond" as reality was not to their liking.

They either alienate themselves or keep on spiralling and re-inventing themselves. Anytime a revision is implied or seen will it indicate people stuck in a loop of self-delusion and importance.

#116863 - 08/25/18 12:54 AM Re: What is the attraction of becoming a Satanist? [Re: ANewNameNoOneEls]
Dark Magician Offline

ANewNameNoOneEls:

Asking what attracts people to Satan worship on a Satanists forum IS independent research, and last time I checked qualifications are not needed to write a novel. Although I still have not received a straight answer as to what the attraction is in Satan worship, there is a common theme in the answers, that follows the pattern: 'I am intellectually sophisticated enough to understand Satanism and you are not.' Seems pretentious to me.

Im not sure if this person has given up on this or not?

I am confused, but that is not unusual: my understanding is that legitimate independent research of a group of people would aim at reaching an immanent understanding of the perspectives of the group of people you were involved in researching?

How can you have already reached a conclusion about those perspectives prior to actually conducting the research? To state that Satan worship is involved in Satanism is to have already reached a conclusion about Satanists which will prejudice the research. To talk about attraction, as a necessary type of behaviour for Satanists, is to adopt a point of view which prejudices the research.

I will, however, play.

Satan, as I understand it, is a signifier, which I use to designate Being as it has been disclosed to me. That disclosure rests on a perspectivist/hermeneutic epistemological position.

Satanism is a praxis; a type of Doing, which I feel is consistent with my understanding of the character of Being.

I was never attracted to Satan and Satanism those words were merely the most appropriate signifiers for me to adopt once Being had become fore-grounded for me in the primal and originary way that it did.

I never worshipped Satan. To worship Satan is to completely misunderstand the character and expectations of Satan for human beings. That is contemptible behaviour.

#116864 - 08/25/18 07:12 AM Re: What is the attraction of becoming a Satanist? [Re: Dark Magician]
samowens84 Offline

I don't know. He seems to have done a pretty good job. Deliberately underestimate someone and produce enough indignation to "set the record straight" is a pretty effective leaser magic strategy. And with all due respect to people here, it seems to have worked. Who knows what research this guy has already done honestly.
#116866 - 08/25/18 10:51 AM Re: What is the attraction of becoming a Satanist? [Re: Dimitri]
Sabrina27 Offline

Originally Posted By: Dimitri
It's the same reason why people turn to god.
The attraction of moral superiority and acceptance.

Incorrect. Most religious people are largely despised now, let alone accepted yet our beliefs still persist not because of superiority but to fill the empty holes in our purpose and make sense of reality through those lens.

I fell like it's vital for us to equally balance both substantial knowledge with the notions our world hasn't yet been able to catch up with

#116874 - 08/25/18 02:28 PM Re: What is the attraction of becoming a Satanist? [Re: Dark Magician]
ANewNameNoOneEls Offline
stranger

Originally Posted By: Dark Magician

I never worshipped Satan. To worship Satan is to completely misunderstand the character and expectations of Satan for human beings. That is contemptible behaviour.

Well my question is levelled at someone who would admit to worshipping Satan, and willing to explain why they think that is a good idea.

That does not sound like you. I am not sure there is anyone here who would admit to that, because if they did, they would have done so by now.

#116875 - 08/25/18 03:05 PM Re: What is the attraction of becoming a Satanist? [Re: ANewNameNoOneEls]
samowens84 Offline

Originally Posted By: ANewNameNoOneEls

Well my question is levelled at someone who would admit to worshipping Satan, and willing to explain why they think that is a good idea.

That does not sound like you. I am not sure there is anyone here who would admit to that, because if they did, they would have done so by now.

I worship brownies. It does what I tell it too and is completely reliable. So just call me a brownie worshiper.

#116877 - 08/25/18 05:21 PM Re: What is the attraction of becoming a Satanist? [Re: ANewNameNoOneEls]
fiendish Offline

Well yeah delights are causing harm and Satanists live in Hell.

#116885 - 08/26/18 03:16 AM Re: What is the attraction of becoming a Satanist? [Re: Sabrina27]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

Are they?
There are a lot of religious people out there.
The few extremists are despised by many, but not most religious people.

Moderation is key.

#116887 - 08/26/18 10:21 AM Re: What is the attraction of becoming a Satanist? [Re: samowens84]
ANewNameNoOneEls Offline
stranger

Originally Posted By: samowens84

I worship brownies. It does what I tell it too and is completely reliable. So just call me a brownie worshiper.

Your reasons as to why you worship Brownies is of no interest to me as there are no Brownie worshippers in my novel. There are some flower fairies though, are you into fairies?

#116888 - 08/26/18 11:19 AM Re: What is the attraction of becoming a Satanist? [Re: ANewNameNoOneEls]
samowens84 Offline

Your reasons as to why you worship Brownies is of no interest to me as there are no Brownie worshippers in my novel. There are some flower fairies though, are you into fairies?

I'm into Maleficent. I think she's pretty sexy.

Edited by samowens84 (08/26/18 11:21 AM)

#116894 - 08/26/18 06:54 PM Re: What is the attraction of becoming a Satanist? [Re: samowens84]
Devil liviD Offline
BANNED
stranger

The Devil just needed love.
#116895 - 08/26/18 07:25 PM Re: What is the attraction of becoming a Satanist? [Re: Dimitri]
Sabrina27 Offline

Originally Posted By: Dimitri
Are they?
There are a lot of religious people out there.
The few extremists are despised by many, but not most religious people.

Moderation is key.

Except people fail to see extremists share no common ground with us, and the blame gets shifted to moderate Muslims because the outsiders lack in competence to discern between a lunatic clique blowing themselves up constantly and practicing Muslims(i.e functional beings)

And it's not just with Muslims. If you're a practicing Jew or Christian and not a heretic then you're too going to get mocked.

I personally have never been threatened but some of my friends had pebbles thrown at them merely because they wore a thawb outside to the mosque. And been bashed with futile ridicules such, "terrorists, camel f***ers, sand nig...etc.

The tables have now turned on us

#116899 - 08/27/18 11:25 AM Re: What is the attraction of becoming a Satanist? [Re: samowens84]
ANewNameNoOneEls Offline
stranger

I'm into Maleficent. I think she's pretty sexy.

Yeah what I don't understand is the attraction of worshipping Satan, so that is what I need explaining. The attraction of Angelena Jolie in a corset is more obvious to me.

#116900 - 08/27/18 01:32 PM Re: What is the attraction of becoming a Satanist? [Re: Sabrina27]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

Let's put this simple.

I do not care.

There's always a them.
Yet the prime suspect is always YOU.

There's more commonalities than you think.
The fucking difference between an extremist and moderation is ideas and convictions put to action.

Page 3 of 6 <12345>Last »

Moderator:  SkaffenAmtiskaw, fakepropht, TV is God, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.035 seconds of which 0.003 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.