Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#116987 - 09/08/18 12:48 PM Worship of Satan
fiendish Offline

What is Satan? What is worship of Satan?
I would very much want to know your opinion about these questions.

#116991 - 09/08/18 11:11 PM Re: Worship of Satan [Re: fiendish]
CanisMachina42 Offline
veteran member

Loc: CA
 Quote:
What is Satan? What is worship of Satan?
I would very much want to know your opinion about these questions.

The only answer I can think of that works for both those questions is along Deist lines.

In this case Satan is natural selection and other natural phenomenon and Satan worship is reverence and consideration for as much.

Appeasing Satan would be like a controlled burn in a National Forest?

#116995 - 09/10/18 04:57 PM Re: Worship of Satan [Re: CanisMachina42]
Azrael_6669 Offline
lurker

Loc: Canada, Québec, Montreal
The term « worship » is a really bad example in this case:

From wiki :
Worship is an act of religious devotion usually directed towards a deity

So you are insinuating that satan is a deity ? That it is a divinity ? Or a god perhaps ?

The sentence itself - satan worshiper - should be ban from all satanist dialog because it is showing how a satanist can be just another blind follower of an entity created by mere humans reflexions...

#117003 - 09/17/18 04:20 PM Re: Worship of Satan [Re: Azrael_6669]
fiendish Offline

Worship for me is an act despite of belief. See the difference between believer and worshiper. You believe what is there for you to believe. But you worship what you really want.

#117203 - 10/17/18 04:09 PM Re: Worship of Satan [Re: fiendish]
flip Offline
stranger

I will like to server for him.
What can i do?

#117346 - 10/31/18 03:11 PM Re: Worship of Satan [Re: flip]
Rob Taylor Offline
pledge

Loc: England, Surrey
What is Satan? To me, I would say Satan is what another person doesn't like about me, but is natural to me, and I quite like.

Worship of Satan? Without putting any deep thought into it, I would say just another controlled religion that believes in things that just don't make sense, where any rational mind coud take clues etc and figure out the impossibiity of such a thing.

I think anything that has Satan and worship, is pretty much the same as having God and worship, but just using Satan in place of God.

In that case, I can't comprehend anyone claiming to be free thinking who worships anything fictional, and clearly fictional, unless it is for reasons of fantasy, and that just happens to be that perons release.

#117401 - 11/12/18 10:48 AM Re: Worship of Satan [Re: Rob Taylor]
Zenarith Offline
stranger

Loc: Halifax, NS, Canada

Satan in religion is the enemies of God.
I believe that to worship Satin, you would either worship the symbolism of Satanism, or worship just one of God's Enemies.

According to the bible and scriptures there were many enemies that became Satin.

If you were to worship Satin as an "All in One" package, your days would be filled with suffering... Not all of the Spiritual Satin get along and some of them would wish for you to suffer...

According to the Satanic Bible a Satanist worships no one but themselves.

However, if you were to worship Satin, it would be safer to worship something you know like a Serpent figure (representing the spirit of the Serpent and not the actual Serpent) or a Gargoyle/Dragon.

A Gargoyle is a Dragon Spirit with a touch of ManKind, so it would be one of the safer forms of worship in my opinion...

In this case, worship should only be used to get in touch with your Satanic side and make you stronger as a Satanist.

#118454 - 02/06/19 10:03 PM Re: Worship of Satan [Re: Zenarith]
TheOperator Offline
stranger

Loc: Cleveland, Ohio, United States
To me, "worship" of Satan is simply the worship of myself and my wants and needs. I do not believe in an anthropomorphic deity named "Satan," nor do I believe in an entity known as "god." I think Satan represents Man and Man's carnal desires; nothing more. There is no god, there is no Satan, there is only nature.

People who worship divine deities called "Satan" or anything close to that name are, to me, just as deluded as the Christians who consider their Bible holy.

#118781 - 02/27/19 06:52 AM Re: Worship of Satan [Re: TheOperator]
owlzee Offline
stranger

Even if you worship Satan that Satan is your Satan, based on your cultural experience.

If you go to a church the pastor leader builds up the narrative of Jesus and what he's all about, he tells you what Jesus would and wouldn't do then you worship Jesus and to some extend you worship your pastor in a kind of by-proxy relationship to Jesus. The Pharaohs of Egypt built a by-proxy relationship of worship for themselves when they dressed up as the Sun God AmonRa and went sailing down the nile. Christians build up a rather disturbing relationship of by-proxy worship when they say Jesus said: "and give your sins to me", on some psychological level you are giving control over your guilt and mental faculties over to that preacher.

I decided to test this out and go to a Mosque and pray to Allah, at first it was OK, I just decided what I wanted God to be and worshiped that, but as people started telling me more and more "Allah said this" "Allah said that", I realized I couldn't pray with them anymore, they had in effect ruined my vision of what Allah is and that by worshiping Allah I could feel a sense of my subconscious submitting to what they had told me Allah is.

In such a way the highest goal of most occult orders is the communication with your own perfect self diety, however you visualize that, it is as Crowley called it "communion with your holy guardian angel" or the black flame or higher self or whatever. Occult concepts between groups overlap each other in meaning but they are seldom the same between groups. That is true even for groups that use the same name, each occult group builds their own archetypes in their image of what they see to be the desired forces for personal change. There are numerous interpretations of who/what Satan/Lucifer/Horus/Set is.

I worship a personal deity, but I don't want you to know anything about that deity, if I told you the name of my deity then you might say something about it and corrupt my interpretation. It's quite normal for someone to worship leviathan in an occult sense, only to have the definition of leviathan change when further reading and understanding about that deity comes to light. Now you have the "old leviathan" and a "new leviathan", this creates a conflict in your magical workings. This kind of understanding is built up over time with practice and research.

There have been times in my life where I have thought that occultism was a crazy waste of time, every-time I stripped away the fantasy and the superstition and tempered my beliefs with skeptical Atheism I was left with almost nothing. However I think the the term "almost nothing" is important, because over years of occult practice and research those "almost nothings" accumulated into something very real and I feel a lot wiser and have a greater understanding of the human psyche as a whole.

None of the occult terms perfectly fit who I consider myself to be, a sorcerer, black magician, satanist, luciferian, gnostic etc. To some extent they are all true, yet how true or how accurately each label fits me depends entirely on who I am talking talk at that time. To the uninitiated, people who have no experiance in the occult at all, I might be a Satanists. To LaVeyian Satanists I might be a Luciferian, to a Mormon I might be seen as a Sorcerer, and have nothing to do with Jesus' brother Lucifer. To a theosophist I can be a black magician. To a person from Asia who has no understanding of what Satanism or Luciferianism is, I might be opt for the term Sorcerer.

Without giving people a complete run-down on what your occult system is, it is difficult to describe yourself to people when they ask that tired old question "what is your religion?".

It doesn't make sense to tell a person from Asia that you are a Satanist, the personification of evil in Christianity, because independence, wisdom, knowledge, materialism and pride is not necessarily associated with the evil or adversarial force in eastern religions. You must chose words people can understand.

I don't like terms like theist or Atheist, to me as a person who uses a psychological model as my foundation for magical practice it's confusing as to which camp I really settle into. When talking to a Christian I'd prefer to say I'm an Atheist, when talking to an Atheist I feel more like a theist. I have certainly felt the movement of emotional energies and heard the voices of arch-typical forces within my dreams, yet as I cannot prove the nature of these events and they tend to imply some kind of supernatural, mystical or superstitious force within the universe, I always return to the psychological model as a basis for my magical practice.

#118895 - 03/11/19 08:28 PM Re: Worship of Satan [Re: owlzee]
fiendish Offline

My Satan is your Satan. We share experiences. You want it or not. "We've constructed pyramids, in honor of our escaping" Jim Morrison wrote.
But it's more of a diabolical work that sinister complication of circumstances.
In fact, almost everything is a psychological profile.
I'm not sure the resemblance to others is the reason I hate them, or the reason I hate myself.

Universe is vast. The margin of our reactions is narrow. Just consider the psychological profile of any subject narrowed down by simply time and space. Then , their condition is limited by time and space. reality complies to a certain model.

Satanism is for me fundamental for the understanding of the world and myself.

#118899 - 03/12/19 03:34 AM Re: Worship of Satan [Re: fiendish]
LoneWolf78 Offline

Satan simply means the adversary. If you go back through the ages an adversary would in many respects be a lawyer.

Quite honestly Satan isn't used that much in the bible at all.

However, if you look at the instances where He makes an appearance, it is hardly what most people would think.

He is a kind of enforcer of God for lack of better term. Such as in the infamous story of Job. Where he is asking God, Let me test this guy and see if he is good enough to enter heaven?

Also, in the scene where God allows him to test Jesus to make sure that he was the one, that he was what he claimed to be.

These are the two main instances where Satan actually appears in the bible in his adversarial role. However, it is not that he is an adversary to God, moreover he is an adversary for God. He is testing people to make sure that they are on God's side. In this sense it has nothing to do with the romantic rebel that has been handed down through the ages.

Before you worship something, know what it is that you are worshiping is a good motto.

One thing that I should add, even those atheists who say that Satan is only a symbol, yet somehow think that it means they are rebelling against God or Christianity, again, look at the role.

Edited by LoneWolf78 (03/12/19 03:35 AM)

#118917 - 03/14/19 09:02 AM Re: Worship of Satan [Re: LoneWolf78]
@deephell Offline
lurker

Satan is something that can not be measured. It is ethereal, but it is within our reach. Maybe you can not see him, but he sees you. Maybe you can not touch him, but he touches you. It's something so distant, but so close. Satan is something to feel and not to explain ...
#118941 - 03/17/19 10:29 AM Re: Worship of Satan [Re: LoneWolf78]
DougSM6661966 Offline
lurker

Loc: Lancashire, UK
I've only just joined this forum, and I haven't as yet posted to intro myself... I have a good reason for that, I was reading through some of the other posts and I found this one. I have to say, this, more than anything else was like a lightbulb coming on. I hadn't thought of it like this before, but this is genius!
#118964 - Today at 08:21 PM Re: Worship of Satan [Re: LoneWolf78]
fiendish Offline

I hope you're not meaning Satan is identical to God, but in a different role? I hope you understand this is merely blasphemy.
The adversary is against any cognitive thought. Beware any non-worshipers, this might alter your way of thinking in a way it could lead you to wrong assumptions.
Am I trying to be funny? I am not. Just consider on how many wrong assumptions people were led up to nowadays. There is a vast possibility you will make wrong assumptions, too.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  SkaffenAmtiskaw, fakepropht, TV is God, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.029 seconds of which 0.003 seconds were spent on 27 queries. Zlib compression disabled.