Page 2 of 5 <12345>
Topic Options
#203 - 09/10/07 12:03 AM Re: Fundamentalist Satanists [Re: ZephyrGirl]
undeadridinghood Offline
pledge

Loc: Washington State
I'm skeptical about the "large" number of people currently on this site who haven't read TSB, but I think I remember a lot of people hadn't on the old 600 club. I also remember being a relatively new satanist in my freshman year and having a really hard time finding a copy. I couldn't seem to find a good download (the only one was the book of Satan, like nine pages long) and it took me over a year to find a copy in a bookstore because I live in a very small town. I finally found it in a borders near Seattle, but it was an hour's drive away and I had to go with my xtian parents and hide it from them once I bought it. I think making the PDF easily accessible, like as a sticky thread near the "read this before you post" section would be great for anyone new to the forum and the community. I can only imagine how hard it would be to find a copy if a person lived even farther from civilized society than I do.
#206 - 09/10/07 04:31 AM Re: Fundamentalist Satanists [Re: undeadridinghood]
Woland Moderator Offline
Seasoned

Loc: Oslo, Norway
Ehhhh...

There is this thing called The Internet, and I am told (by usually very reliable sources) that one might actually purchase books from so called "Online Bookstores"...

Woland

Contra Mundum!

#208 - 09/10/07 07:24 AM Re: Fundamentalist Satanists [Re: ZephyrGirl]
Nemesis Offline

Loc: US
Ah yes, I talked with her on Skype for 2 hours Saturday night (your Sunday am). She'd seen the post made by the 666 person, and said she's tried to register but keeps having problems with the confirmation email. I received my email from the site, but it went straight to my junk box. I need to tell her that, so she can verify her account! Her and I both have accounts with Google mail.

#223 - 09/10/07 03:36 PM Re: Fundamentalist Satanists [Re: ZephyrGirl]
Brother J Offline
stranger

Loc: Saint Louis, MO
The problem with LaVey and what he taught isn't necessarily in what he taught. It's in the actions and words he used to get his points across. LaVey, in my honest opinion, was a complete fool, I follow my own path and will not even call myself a Satanist due to the hypocrisy of every religion in this world (Besides Buddhism).

Religion, in essence, is flawed, there is no denying it. Why anyone would like to take something so flawed, so twisted and contorted from it's original idea, it's original purpose, and meld it into anything else is beyond me, you all get an applaud for doing so.

Now, after that little rant, I will get back to the point of this post. LaVey, although foolish in many aspects, has a point to his words. In fact, I know many, MANY people who have taken what LaVey has preached, read it, re-read it, looked beyond the veils off secrecy, and got the true meaning out of it all. Whether people believe me or not, I will let you in on a tiny little secret. LaVey, was the son of Leviathan. (Notice the similarities with the beginning of the names?). He is the son of the serpent, brought to this realm, oddly enough, with the help of God.

On a side note:

Religion got the major points wrong. View it as a realm of neutrality, no good, no evil. Simply, light, dark, and gray. The light religions, are not good, the religions that follow the dark paths are not evil, and the people that remain in the gray are far from either, they just exist. It will help you get over the "God is an asshole!" fit that most young Satanists seem to have in their minds. It will also help you realize that..well...Satan isn't all he's cracked up to be ladies and gentlemen. In fact, he is an asshole. Why I know this? Personal contact, so please, no bashing. Don't get me wrong, my views and his are in line, and are completely together in the long run, however, he's a dick. Of course, on his defense, I will say, I'm a dick as well.

Take care.

#226 - 09/10/07 05:24 PM Re: Fundamentalist Satanists [Re: Brother J]
ta2zz Offline
veteran member

Loc: Connecticut
 Originally Posted By: Brother J
The problem with LaVey and what he taught isn't necessarily in what he taught. It's in the actions and words he used to get his points across. LaVey, in my honest opinion, was a complete fool, I follow my own path and will not even call myself a Satanist due to the hypocrisy of every religion in this world (Besides Buddhism).

I always thought LaVey was in actuality making a name and a living for himself, nothing more… The fools were the ones that bought into his circus, for being fooled into supporting the very thing they were opposing… Organized religion under any name is still just that…

Religion, in essence, is flawed, there is no denying it. Why anyone would like to take something so flawed, so twisted and contorted from it's original idea, it's original purpose, and meld it into anything else is beyond me, you all get an applaud for doing so.

Wait first you say more or less “The problem with LaVey is in the actions and words he used to get his points across.“ and then you go on to say “LaVey, although foolish in many aspects, has a point to his words.” You then go on to say you do not understand why someone does something yet you applaud them?

You are being very hypocritical…

I know many, MANY people who have taken what LaVey has preached, read it, re-read it, looked beyond the veils off secrecy, and got the true meaning out of it all.

Most I know only had to read it once… Veils of secrecy hmm…

I will let you in on a tiny little secret. LaVey, was the son of Leviathan. (Notice the similarities with the beginning of the names?). He is the son of the serpent, brought to this realm, oddly enough, with the help of God.

I think Paramount owns the rights to that movie…

Religion got the major points wrong. View it as a realm of neutrality, no good, no evil. Simply, light, dark, and gray. The light religions, are not good, the religions that follow the dark paths are not evil, and the people that remain in the gray are far from either, they just exist.

Do you just exist?

It will help you get over the "God is an asshole!" fit that most young Satanists seem to have in their minds.

Most people are assholes, no need for a god figure… Most young Satanists turn to Satanism as a rebellion to their parents and their upbringing… Would they be rebelling from god or people they see as assholes?

It will also help you realize that..well...Satan isn't all he's cracked up to be ladies and gentlemen. In fact, he is an asshole. Why I know this? Personal contact, so please, no bashing.

I hear Satan has shared a chili recipe with that chic from the JoS… Could you see if he will share it with us? I would imagine chili from hell would be pretty fucking hot and a good recipe for the thread on food and drink…

Don't get me wrong, my views and his are in line, and are completely together in the long run, however, he's a dick. Of course, on his defense, I will say, I'm a dick as well.

Does he feel the same towards you?

Peace…

~Sorry this went a bit off topic~

#235 - 09/10/07 11:39 PM Re: Fundamentalist Satanists [Re: Woland]
undeadridinghood Offline
pledge

Loc: Washington State
UHHHHH...
when you're fifteen years old, you don't have a debit or credit card to purchase such valuable items from said ONLINE bookstore.

They usually don't take cash, you know...

#240 - 09/11/07 03:18 AM Re: Fundamentalist Satanists [Re: undeadridinghood]
ta2zz Offline
veteran member

Originally Posted By: undeadridinghood
UHHHHH...
when you're fifteen years old, you don't have a debit or credit card to purchase such valuable items from said ONLINE bookstore.

They usually don't take cash, you know...

For future 15 year olds that want to buy things online… 4-5 years ago not using credit cards myself I had need for a way to pay for something online… I bought a pay as you go credit card at a check cashing store… These can now be had in multiple flavors at any local Walgreen’s store…

At the local Stop and Shop stores they have had a machine (around 8-10 years now) that you can dump your change in and get dollars for a small fee… 2-3 years ago they started dropping the fee if you chose to use your money on amazon.com…

As mentioned there is also an illegal PDF file of TSB floating around out there on the internet that is not to hard to find…

There is always a way…

#243 - 09/11/07 05:35 AM Re: Fundamentalist Satanists [Re: ta2zz]
daevid777 Offline

Loc: Hell's Pisshole, Texas
And why would we want to do anything "illegal", my friend?

I'm still waiting on that chili recipe... how about using our local jalapenos or chipotle(smoked jalapenos)? Perhaps, habanero chiles would do much better, though. But! chili from hell, I gotta have that recipe - but this is the wrong forum, and the wrong post, at the wrong time. Please get that "food and drink" thread open soon Xear?!?

However, we were talking about Satan, and how he's a dick. And how we, quite possibly, are dicks, too.

And Lavey is Leviathan's bastard son... much to learn here, I think.

#309 - 09/13/07 12:03 AM Re: Fundamentalist Satanists [Re: ta2zz]
Brother J Offline
stranger

Firstly, you have a point with his foolish followers, they were rather sheepish.

Secondly, hypocritical? No. Could I have worded my my statements better? Yes. Now, with that being said, his words in themselves were foolish, but if you look past the obvious themes in his discussions, and writings you will find that he actually has some bit of truth in them. I'm not a LaVeyan, nor am I an advocate for his workings, but there is a tad bit of truth.

Now, the reason you are doubtful as for the veils of secrecy is why? Because you are just another Atheist in a word full of mediocre citizens. You put down all belief because why? Because you cannot see it? I don't see anyone bashing on Buddhists because of their beliefs, yet they do believe. With that being said, you can either learn to be more open minded, and try and comprehend things, or you can remain and ignorant twit. The choice is yours. Oh, and the people that you know who have only read it once, were obviously not serious at all, in their search for any truth behind any religion. They were what I like to call, part-time students. They want to learn it so that they can debate upon it later down the line, but they only read it once and give in due to weak will. Go ahead and say it was because they thought he was foolish, the bible is foolish, yet many other Atheists that I know of, who study all religion, have read that multiple times.

Again, sarcasm where it isn't needed is either the sign of a true fool, or the sign of a man who simply does not want his mind to be opened to anything new. You aren't much for stuff you can't see huh? Now, since we've gotten that out of the way...Tell me, what is it that you believe in, is it science? IF so, do you know how many things you accept in science are only THEORIES and have not been proven? Or have you neglected to research that as well my friend?

Trust me, I do JUST exist. Just like you, just exist. You have nothing beyond this that you will remember, so, yes, I just exist. I may make something of my life, just like you may try and do, but what is the point of it all? If you do not go anywhere after death, and have no belief that you will go anywhere after death, then what's the point in trying to make yourself a better person?

For the young Satanists, the 12-16 year olds mainly, it is both a rebellion from the people they see as assholes, and "god". It's a rebellion from everything. They wish to be out of the mainstream, so they will say and do anything to make themselves look different. That's what being a teenager is, a search to find your individual self, even if it means being a little prick in the process.

As for your chili comment. Why do you even debate on the existence of anything, if you are not willing to accept that there are other people who believe? Have you always been a close minded imbecile, and not willing to listen to what others have to say without making an idiotic come back, or has there been a recent change in your life that has caused a sever case of stupidity, idiocy, and ignorance? You know, like sever blunt force trauma?

As for "Satan's" views towards me, in fact, he does view me to be a prick. If I am on this forum much longer, you will see me as one as well, especially if you continue to come back at my posts with nothing but retarded remarks that are barely even acceptable from 10 year olds.

And to quote you, friend, "Peace"

#318 - 09/13/07 09:31 AM Re: Fundamentalist Satanists [Re: Brother J]
ta2zz Offline
veteran member

His words in themselves were foolish, but if you look past the obvious themes in his discussions, and writings you will find that he actually has some bit of truth in them.

Ok I see now… After many readings of the foolish words Anton (the son of Leviathan) you were able to find the hidden message that carries just a bit of truth… Thanks for clearing that up for us…

I don't see anyone bashing on Buddhists because of their beliefs, yet they do believe.

Perhaps it is simply due to the fact that there is no Buddhist here claiming to speak to god? I like many have a problem with what is known as BLIND faith…

You feel bashed? Interesting…

With that being said, you can either learn to be more open minded, and try and comprehend things, or you can remain and ignorant twit.

{ I see your bet } You could learn to be more realistic and slow down while typing these responses… { and I raise you five } Simple misspellings have a way of stealing your fury when trying to call someone ignorant…

Oh, and the people that you know who have only read it once, were obviously not serious at all, in their search for any truth behind any religion. They were what I like to call, part-time students. They want to learn it so that they can debate upon it later down the line, but they only read it once and give in due to weak will.

You seem to make a lot of assumptions about many others that you do not know… What exactly are you basing your assumptions on? Could your thought process be the only flaw in this equation?

Go ahead and say it was because they thought he was foolish,

No hypocrite that is what you said… “LaVey, in my honest opinion, was a complete fool” ~ Brother J

hypocritical? No. Could I have worded my my statements better? Yes. Now, with that being said

Alas we are back at the beginning…

Trying to backtrack from that statement is what is truly childish and ignorant…

Laughable thanks…

Good luck on your path…

#334 - 09/13/07 07:46 PM Re: Fundamentalist Satanists [Re: ta2zz]
ZephyrGirl Offline
R.I.P.

Loc: Adelaide Australia
I was taling to a psycology major the other day and he said something that I found to be very interesting and could well be applicable here.

He was also a bit of a philosopher and he was asking me what the LHP was, as he saw my mention of itn in MySpace.

Anyway, he was saying that when it comes to people, he thinks that we are all basically honest in our opinions and that to an extent everyone has something of the truth in what they beleive.
He went on to say that if you actively listten for that truth when people are trying to say something instead of focusing on the bullshit, you will walk away from every encounter with a bit more knowledge to add to your own truth.

He wasn't saying that you should believe it all, or that you should go "ok they're right I'm wrong" or anything that simple or stupid, but that as you pick up parts of their point that are what you consider to be relevant or truthfull, it can be added into your own philosphy and as such make your own richer and fuller. After all, it is all a journey and what you beleive now, shouldn't be exactly the same as what you will beleive in 10 years time. Experience and growth would be lost as a waste of time if it was.

I liked what he said, because I think that it is a positive way of dealing with unnecessary conflicts. Although in saying that I don't think ALL CONFLICT is unnessary.

This isn't aimed AT YOU Ta2zz BTW, just thought this was the appropriate place to add a comenct about it.

Zephyr

#339 - 09/13/07 09:00 PM Re: Fundamentalist Satanists [Re: ZephyrGirl]
Nemesis Offline

Loc: US
I've taken bits and pieces of philosophy and life experience from outside sources like books, television, the internet, and other human beings. While most of it IS bullshit, yes, every now and again one DOES find a pearl amongst the rubble that can be added to your personal collection. That's how I like to think of it at least.

Something in LaVey's writings struck a chord within Brother J, just like the impact Nietsche had on others, and while most of us think LaVey was an entertainer at best, perhaps we should at least give J respect for his experience, if not for WHAT he experienced, if that makes any sense....

#343 - 09/13/07 10:40 PM Re: Fundamentalist Satanists [Re: ZephyrGirl]
ta2zz Offline
veteran member

Those that have known me long enough know that I am the first one to say…

“Everybody even the village idiot has a lesson to teach, if you are smart enough and willing to listen and look for this lesson…” ~ ta2zz

Originally Posted By: ZephyrGirl
As you pick up parts of their point that are what you consider to be relevant or truthfull, it can be added into your own philosphy and as such make your own richer and fuller. After all, it is all a journey and what you beleive now, shouldn't be exactly the same as what you will beleive in 10 years time.

Agreed and understood… This is a very simplified description of the workings of the human mind… Everybody grows their own way as the results of such interactions… Be it a line from a song or movie that moved you or the way somebody stands that you liked the human tends to assimilate these things into your own style/ way…

I liked what he said, because I think that it is a positive way of dealing with unnecessary conflicts.

Thank you for sharing it is a lesson that many could stand to learn…

Although in saying that I don't think ALL CONFLICT is unnessary.

Please realize that tolerance is not a high priority in my beliefs… I write to amuse myself, force others to think, and waste some time while being what I consider constructive… This exercises my mind and allows me to learn many different things from the many different people here…

Peace

#345 - 09/13/07 11:56 PM Re: Fundamentalist Satanists [Re: ta2zz]
Brother J Offline
stranger

Originally Posted By: ta2zz
His words in themselves were foolish, but if you look past the obvious themes in his discussions, and writings you will find that he actually has some bit of truth in them.

Ok I see now… After many readings of the foolish words Anton (the son of Leviathan) you were able to find the hidden message that carries just a bit of truth… Thanks for clearing that up for us…

I don't see anyone bashing on Buddhists because of their beliefs, yet they do believe.

Perhaps it is simply due to the fact that there is no Buddhist here claiming to speak to god? I like many have a problem with what is known as BLIND faith…

You feel bashed? Interesting…

With that being said, you can either learn to be more open minded, and try and comprehend things, or you can remain and ignorant twit.

{ I see your bet } You could learn to be more realistic and slow down while typing these responses… { and I raise you five } Simple misspellings have a way of stealing your fury when trying to call someone ignorant…

Oh, and the people that you know who have only read it once, were obviously not serious at all, in their search for any truth behind any religion. They were what I like to call, part-time students. They want to learn it so that they can debate upon it later down the line, but they only read it once and give in due to weak will.

You seem to make a lot of assumptions about many others that you do not know… What exactly are you basing your assumptions on? Could your thought process be the only flaw in this equation?

Go ahead and say it was because they thought he was foolish,

No hypocrite that is what you said… “LaVey, in my honest opinion, was a complete fool” ~ Brother J

hypocritical? No. Could I have worded my my statements better? Yes. Now, with that being said

Alas we are back at the beginning…

Trying to backtrack from that statement is what is truly childish and ignorant…

Laughable thanks…

Good luck on your path…

What's odd is the fact that you neglected my statement on science and how a lot of what you believe, in indeed you are nothing more than an Atheist, is nothing but theory. You do have a lot to learn don't you?

Now, what part of what I said about LaVey's writings being foolish, but the meaning behind them having some merit, did you not understand? Ah, I see how it is. You, like so many others simply detest the notion of there being anything else beyond your eye's capability, and why? Because you can't see them, you can't hear them. Well now, that seems to be every reason to make a joke out of the beliefs of someone who has seen, who has heard, and who has what you are oh so lacking....Belief.

You are obviously about as unable to see anyone else's point of view as the Catholics and Christians are. You're actions actually speak a lot about you, which is where I am able to sit here and "assume" things. You act, like a mindless twit with nothing better to do than put down the beliefs of other simply because you are lacking in that department. It's not that hard for people to see that about you, whether or not they decide to point it out, is their problem.

True, there is no Buddhist here claiming to speak to God, but, if there was, you'd be just as judgmental, and close-minded to them as you are to anyone else who has faith and has seen or spoken. Again, that is either a lack of care for the views of others, or, you were simply treated badly by a church. What? Were you raised Christian and God didn't answer any of your prayers? That's what started you along the path you are on, isn't it? It's not my fault you can't will yourself to pick up a grimoire from the 15th, or 14th century to read, and actually test them out. That's yours.

"With that being said, you can either learn to be more open minded, and try and comprehend things, or you can remain and ignorant twit."

By the way, there are no "misspellings" there. Perhaps I could have inserted a "-" in between close, and minded, but nothing was misspelled.

Again, your own actions have decided what you are, nothing more. The actions of those people that I do not know, do just that same thing. If they have no read it more than once, they will never get everything out of it. By the way, I'm no LaVeyan Satanist, in fact, I'm no Satanist at all, I simply have my views, and some are rather close. I figured I would come to a site with little, to no Christian influence, instead of the others that I am currently apart of that allow the Christians to come in, run rampant, preach their gospel, and do whatever else they please.

You are right, I called him foolish, because he did not utilize what he had within his grasp to the best he could. I did call his words foolish, and then state that some of the meanings behind them have merit. Why? Because the way you word things can be foolish, and still have meaning. Look at President Bush, the way his speeches are worded can be quite "foolish" but we all know his meaning behind them. He's going to continue being daddy's little toy and finish out his father legacy even if it means this country goes to shit. Again, you are lacking comprehension.

I've not attempted to back track from any statement. I stand by my views, and if you do not like them, then you 1) do not have to read, or reply 2) can learn to accept that not everyone is an Atheist trying to pose as a Satanist or 3) Read them, be civil and debate like a mature adult, which I've begun to have my doubts that you can be, and hopefully, in the process, learn something.

#346 - 09/13/07 11:58 PM Re: Fundamentalist Satanists [Re: Nemesis]
Brother J Offline
stranger

Originally Posted By: Nemesis
I've taken bits and pieces of philosophy and life experience from outside sources like books, television, the internet, and other human beings. While most of it IS bullshit, yes, every now and again one DOES find a pearl amongst the rubble that can be added to your personal collection. That's how I like to think of it at least.

Something in LaVey's writings struck a chord within Brother J, just like the impact Nietsche had on others, and while most of us think LaVey was an entertainer at best, perhaps we should at least give J respect for his experience, if not for WHAT he experienced, if that makes any sense....

At least there is someone on this forum with a bit of decency and an ability to accept that others have different views. Good on you.

Page 2 of 5 <12345>

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.03 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.