Page 3 of 5 <12345>
Topic Options
#347 - 09/14/07 12:00 AM Re: Fundamentalist Satanists [Re: Nemesis]
ta2zz Offline
veteran member

Loc: Connecticut
Respect is not given freely it is best earned…

This was sent to me from a member on his past experience here… There is a lesson here that many should learn…

“It was {insert any name here} that finally did me in.

He was too stupid to understand the concept that just because I disagreed with him, didn’t mean that I disliked him. I began to realize that he was so wrapped up in the forum that he took everything said as extremely personal.

On my part, I realized that I was falling into the same trap. I was far to irritated about what some faceless person halfway across the world thought. A person who had no impact on my life what so ever.”

The lesson I see is there is nothing said here that should be taken that personal… Too many seem to take words on the internet too seriously… If something gets you miffed wait until you calm down and can write a reply without excessive emotion… If you are upset think to yourself is this because something that was said rings true? Learn from the experience… Learn about your own emotions if nothing else… As I myself do…

Nothing that does not have a direct effect on you or yours should irritate you…

#348 - 09/14/07 12:04 AM Re: Fundamentalist Satanists [Re: ta2zz]
Brother J Offline
stranger

Loc: Saint Louis, MO
 Originally Posted By: ta2zz
Respect is not given freely it is best earned…

This was sent to me from a member on his past experience here… There is a lesson here that many should learn…

“It was {insert any name here} that finally did me in.

He was too stupid to understand the concept that just because I disagreed with him, didn’t mean that I disliked him. I began to realize that he was so wrapped up in the forum that he took everything said as extremely personal.

On my part, I realized that I was falling into the same trap. I was far to irritated about what some faceless person halfway across the world thought. A person who had no impact on my life what so ever.”

The lesson I see is there is nothing said here that should be taken that personal… Too many seem to take words on the internet too seriously… If something gets you miffed wait until you calm down and can write a reply without excessive emotion… If you are upset think to yourself is this because something that was said rings true? Learn from the experience… Learn about your own emotions if nothing else… As I myself do…

Nothing that does not have a direct effect on you or yours should irritate you…

Wise words, which is why I'd not let you get under my skin, or anyone else for that matter. Oh, and for a reminder to everyone else, I curse quite often, you can ask my girl, who is on the forum as well, and it often comes across like I am pissed, when I'm not.

#350 - 09/14/07 01:46 AM Re: Fundamentalist Satanists [Re: Brother J]
ta2zz Offline
veteran member

I have nothing to prove to you about your assumptions of my beliefs or myself…

Originally Posted By: Brother J
"With that being said, you can either learn to be more open minded, and try and comprehend things, or you can remain and ignorant twit."

By the way, there are no "misspellings" there. Perhaps I could have inserted a "-" in between close, and minded, but nothing was misspelled.

Correct in reality you substituted one word with another but when this is done by adding a single letter to a two letter word and making a real three letter word out of it? I will argue that it is a simple misspelling… Of course I will point out that your correction of putting a - between the words close and minded could work if the word close was even in that sentence…

Again my suggestion to you… Slow down read what you are saying then and only then if everything is set hit the reply button…

Quote:
I'm no LaVeyan Satanist, in fact, I'm no Satanist at all

I know I read your first post…

Please stop… This is too much fun…

#351 - 09/14/07 02:28 AM Re: Fundamentalist Satanists [Re: Brother J]
daevid777 Offline

Loc: Hell's Pisshole, Texas
Hold on there Mister J. Brother J. I guess...

You're a weird one, that's the situation. You type incessantly, and I don't know what the fuck you're actually trying to say. And just because it's spelled correctly, doesn't mean it's "write". I don't have the time to pin-point flaws, but it is very disturbing and confusing to read.

And (you should never start a sentence with "and", I know), you CAN'T post a response to a post you made in a response to a post you made with the response and the post and the response and the post and the response and the repost and the sponce and the... I just became dizzy. If anyone knows how to read here, and I would like to think they can and do, the play-by-play is useless and unnecessary.

Ta2zz has "quoted", and will continue to do so, but there is a continuity that can be appreciated.

So just out with it... what do you believe??? What's the great mistery for all of us? What's the secret? I realize science is flawed, and I make no claims that it is any better than "religion" in many instances. Atheism holds no truths either, and seems a bit flawed as well. All mainstream religions suffer the same fate. So, as Ta2zz wrote... I raise you 5... what is exactly your thing?

You show me yours, and I might show you mine. I have to warn you - mine is beautiful and delicious.

#374 - 09/16/07 12:51 PM Re: Fundamentalist Satanists [Re: ta2zz]
Nemesis Offline

Loc: US
I think you're very right, T. I don't usually grant respect without having that person work for it. But I wasn't talking about personal respect, since I don't know Brother J and can't make that judgement, but I meant respect for his epiphany. Epiphanies certainly don't have to be religious in nature. Understanding how physics is applied in everyday life was a bit of an epiphany for me back in school. That half of a second where everything snaps into place. Little things in life, personal insights, etc.... Just another piece of the puzzle in the grand scheme of things. If finding some truth in LaVey's wrtings helped him understand somewhat of himself, I'm all for it.

I was having issues with another co-worker, similar to what you described with the quote in your post. I was letting that stupid bastard get under my skin, and for what? I was letting it affect my work and personal life. I made the decision to go about my life as if that person didn't exist, and it's worked out rather well for me. Much less stress. Whenever I'm around him, I also give off a subtle sense of menace directed at him, just to make sure he knows his place in the food chain....wayyyy down at the bottom, somewhere around krill. Applied Satanism \:\)

#375 - 09/16/07 01:12 PM Re: Fundamentalist Satanists [Re: daevid777]
Nemesis Offline

Originally Posted By: daevid777
You show me yours, and I might show you mine. I have to warn you - mine is beautiful and delicious.

Ooooohhh, show and tell? We need to get a web cam started up...

#383 - 09/17/07 01:10 AM Re: Fundamentalist Satanists [Re: Brother J]
ballbreaker Offline

Loc: Toronto, Canada
 Quote:
What's odd is the fact that you neglected my statement on science and how a lot of what you believe, in indeed you are nothing more than an Atheist, is nothing but theory.

Maybe you ought to clarify this statement. When you suggest that science is "nothing but theory", do you mean this in the same way as when creationists claim Darwinism is "just a theory"?

In science, "theory" does not mean "guess".

I would ask you, also, if you can suggest a paradigm for understanding the way the universe functions that is more adept than the one the scientific method provides?

Quote:
Well now, that seems to be every reason to make a joke out of the beliefs of someone who has seen, who has heard, and who has what you are oh so lacking....Belief.

"Belief" in what? I'll add my voice to the choir of users asking you to put your cards on the table.

Quote:
2) can learn to accept that not everyone is an atheist trying to pose as a Satanist

In light of your previous statements about not being a Satanist I am having a difficult time trying to understand the relevance of this point.

Is Ta2zz an Atheist posing as a Satanist? You use the former term somewhat derisively, I find, so I'd like to ask what you think the big differences are between the two positions.

#397 - 09/17/07 04:14 PM Re: Fundamentalist Satanists [Re: daevid777]
Brother J Offline
stranger

Loc: Saint Louis, MO
 Originally Posted By: daevid777
Hold on there Mister J. Brother J. I guess...

You're a weird one, that's the situation. You type incessantly, and I don't know what the fuck you're actually trying to say. And just because it's spelled correctly, doesn't mean it's "write". I don't have the time to pin-point flaws, but it is very disturbing and confusing to read.

And (you should never start a sentence with "and", I know), you CAN'T post a response to a post you made in a response to a post you made with the response and the post and the response and the post and the response and the repost and the sponce and the... I just became dizzy. If anyone knows how to read here, and I would like to think they can and do, the play-by-play is useless and unnecessary.

Ta2zz has "quoted", and will continue to do so, but there is a continuity that can be appreciated.

So just out with it... what do you believe??? What's the great mistery for all of us? What's the secret? I realize science is flawed, and I make no claims that it is any better than "religion" in many instances. Atheism holds no truths either, and seems a bit flawed as well. All mainstream religions suffer the same fate. So, as Ta2zz wrote... I raise you 5... what is exactly your thing?

What is my thing? The Occult, is my thing. I've read grimoires from the 1400s, the 1500s, and prior to that. I make a point to study all things that have to do with the Occult, THAT is what I do.

What I believe? Well now, if I answer this question and state that I believe demons are real, then I will get the typical response from the non-believers. "Prove it" or them making excuses such as hallucinations and some mental disorders which have already been thrown out there by someone who obviously wants to believe that there is nothing after this world and nothing after you die aside from your corpse rotting in the ground.

By all means, if you wish to think that you go no where after you die, and you simply cease to exist, that's fine with me. However, do not act like a complete and utter tool simply over 1) a few grammatical errors, 2) the fact that you aren't interested in believing the same thing as others.

I also see where I accidentally said "close" instead of "open" where I was pointing out that there was no spelling errors, my apologies for having my mind stuck on the fact that you simply have a very narrow view on life, and the supernatural.

This "secret" is simply what I have already stated, that he is the Son of Leviathan. Go ahead, continue not believing, again, that is fine, but at least show the dignity and respect that you would like to receive when debating on subjects that involve religion.

Now I am off to the other thread to argue over there where someone has taken it upon himself to label me as having some form of mental disorders.

#410 - 09/17/07 07:28 PM Re: Fundamentalist Satanists [Re: Brother J]
ta2zz Offline
veteran member

Originally Posted By: Brother J
I also see where I accidentally said "close" instead of "open" where I was pointing out that there was no spelling errors

You still fail to see your mistake... That is the humorous part...

Quote:
Go ahead, continue not believing, again, that is fine, but at least show the dignity and respect that you would like to receive when debating on subjects that involve religion.

I do not debate religion it is a fools debate... Next bit of useless advice please...

Quote:
Now I am off to the other thread to argue over there where someone has taken it upon himself to label me as having some form of mental disorders.

Your argument is weak, your label is "The Satan whisperer" My screen name is "ta2zz" I am very well known around here... Some love me, others hate me... A few even love to hate me...

Glad to see you stick around but I do wish you would start to show true intelligence in some of your replies...

How much fun can one be expected to have and survive the experience...

Toodles...

#411 - 09/17/07 07:38 PM Re: Fundamentalist Satanists [Re: ta2zz]
Nemesis Offline

Originally Posted By: ta2zz
My screen name is "ta2zz" I am very well known around here... Some love me, others hate me... A few even love to hate me...

I love you, ta2zz!

#412 - 09/17/07 07:38 PM Re: Fundamentalist Satanists [Re: Nemesis]
ta2zz Offline
veteran member

Originally Posted By: Nemesis
Epiphanies certainly don't have to be religious in nature.

What are they when speaking to Satan is involved?

Quote:
I was having issues with another co-worker, similar to what you described with the quote in your post. I was letting that stupid bastard get under my skin, and for what?

You should know I do this to amuse myself… Nobody on a forum can get under my skin that would be rather weak…

Quote:
Whenever I'm around him, I also give off a subtle sense of menace directed at him, just to make sure he knows his place in the food chain....wayyyy down at the bottom, somewhere around krill.

Hence why I reply to such krill… The structure of the forum does not allow such visual subtleties…

Quote:
Applied Satanism \:\)

Each in our own way… ;\)

Quote:
I love you, ta2zz!

*blushes* Why thank you…

Edited by ta2zz (09/17/07 07:40 PM)
Edit Reason: I wanted to...

#413 - 09/17/07 07:49 PM Re: Fundamentalist Satanists [Re: ballbreaker]
ta2zz Offline
veteran member

Originally Posted By: ballbreaker
Is Ta2zz an atheist posing as a Satanist? You use the former term somewhat derisively, I find, so I'd like to ask what you think the big differences are between the two positions.

Heh a Poser Satanist that is a new prefix for me, Lol…

He has stated that he talks on Christian forums… I would imagine calling someone an Atheist there would have the effect he was trying for here… I must just not sit well with occultists…

Peace BB…

#486 - 09/19/07 06:32 PM Re: Fundamentalist Satanists [Re: ta2zz]
Euronymous Offline
stranger

Loc: san diego, ca
I wholeheartedly agree. There is nothing much that I can add to the subject matter since it was so eloquently touched upon by ta2zz. I never take anything personal on this site, for I know no member on a personal level. I simply take what is said to me and integrate it into my own life if I find it to be highly beneficial for me to know and implement. I find that on this forum that I have learned alot more by reading posts than by posting posts. Good day.

#611 - 09/24/07 07:14 PM Re: Fundamentalist Satanists [Re: Asmedious]
Euronymous Offline
stranger

Loc: san diego, ca
Well said; well said indeed. My respect for the Church of Satan just extends to the fact that it was LaVey's creation and I have high regards and respect for good old Anton. While it is a truism that the Administration and "leaders" of it now are therein lacking and sadly phony and incompetent; I still give them an ounce of respect for trying to keep it going.

#1400 - 11/03/07 11:31 PM Re: Fundamentalist Satanists [Re: Meq]
139381512 Offline
stranger

Loc: Milwaukee, WI
I want to add the Golden Dawn as another source. The only issue I have with the TSB is LaVey changed the wording of the Enochian keys and there are actually only 18, not 19. The key described as 19th is actually the "Key of the Thirty Aethers." Enochian magic is alot more complicated than it's portrayed in TSB also. I'm not a know it all, I just wanted to point that out.

Page 3 of 5 <12345>

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.028 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.