Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#11706 - 09/21/08 06:03 PM Satanic Partisism?
Asmodeus Xaxam Offline
stranger

Loc: Somerville TX. USA
First off. I want to just say that I have no intention of starting shit. I am curious and have an honest question.

This site is dedicated to alternate religions. Satanic mostly "Shemhamforash!" However on the links section from the home page, there is a link for Karla's chuch. (First Satanic Church). Why is there not a link for the CoS? We are a Satanic society. We even have opened up for others like Wiccans and shit. Why is the CoS, our brothers blackballed?

Again Im not starting shit. Im honestly curious. Did the CoS do something to this site? What am I missing?

#11707 - 09/21/08 07:01 PM Re: Satanic Partisism? [Re: Asmodeus Xaxam]
The Zebu Offline

Loc: Orlando, FL
It might be because a lot of people aren't huge fans of what they perceive the CoS has turned into. Mostly because they're now super-duper closed-door these days and really don't do anything worthwhile other than complain about other satanists.

Many of the site features relate to the Church of Satan though, not just the FSC.

#11716 - 09/21/08 08:25 PM Re: Satanic Partisism? [Re: The Zebu]
fakepropht Moderator Offline
Big Slick

Loc: Texas
Probably because many of us are ex members of the CoS. We had our cards revoked, for whatever reason those in power deemed worthy, and told not to come back. CoS recognizes this site as an imposter. I think we might even be on their bunko list. Been years since I last checked the website. At one time, being a member both here and at CoS was reason enough for them to ban you and revoke your card. That, combined with the organization's lack of perspective and holier than thou attitude, equals we could give two shakes of a penis about them.

#11723 - 09/22/08 07:47 AM Re: Satanic Partisism? [Re: fakepropht]
Fist Moderator Offline
veteran member

Loc: B'mo Cautious MF
A few minutes on the web would have answered that question. The CoS site does have The 600 Club on the Satanic Bunko Sheet.

CoS has become little more than a nerd fest of people who need their egos stroke with a $200 membership card. Look at the current CoS 'leadership'. Gilmore has a faggoty lisp and flippant manner that just screams "I got my ass kicked a lot in high school." In other words, the CoS expects you to respect this clown's authority? Please....

At the moment, the CoS seems to be going through a revival. If they can get over themselves as an organization, this may prove productive.

#11727 - 09/22/08 08:52 AM Re: Satanic Partisism? [Re: Fist]
Impius Offline
pledge

Loc: Lille, France
The background story is easy to understand : Karla LaVey founded the First Satanic Church because she thought that CoS didn't respresent her father's work anymore. The 600 Club has been created by FSC people, if I remember correctly...

Personnally I read some essays from Gilmore and Barton and don't have anything against them or CoS in general. I'm not affiliated to it, nor am I to FSC, so I don't care where resources come from since they're truly Satanic. I understand why there is this "rivality" between the two, but I agree with Asmodeus as he seems to think it's a "shame".

Maybe when CoS changes people at its head things will evolve in another way. I'm not talking about "reunification", having two churches is not a bad thing at all, au contraire but maybe collaboration ? We'll see... it doesn't matter that much to me anyway ;\)

#11857 - 09/25/08 09:14 PM Re: Satanic Partisism? [Re: Impius]
fakepropht Moderator Offline
Big Slick

Loc: Texas
 Quote:
The 600 Club has been created by FSC people, if I remember correctly...

You don't. I've been here since day 2. I missed the first day lol. This is back in the mid 90's. When some of you were skipping off to the first day of school. I won't pretend to speak for Xear, or offer my understanding as what was the entire reason for creating this site. This site was created and populated by members that fealt alienated by what was going on with CoS back then. Some of us were kicked out for challenging the current mindset of the "leaders" at the time. If you stirred the pot and challenged them, rather than engage in a productive debate, you were shown to the curb and told not to come back. Some of us were affiliated with the great site "Where the Wild Things Are". This site was created for those members that followed Satanism, but didn't feel the need to align with CoS. For the truly black sheep of Satanism. The ones willing to ask questions and challenge. It was to be a little more accepting of the various sects and people that chose the label satanist. It was not meant for the idiots looking for attention, evilness, or the ones that just don't get it. FSC did exist at the time this site went online. Therefore, it was not created by the FSC. In fact, it stood alone with no affiliations or groups. It wasn't until later, when the FSC became a legit organization, that this site aligned itself with them. This may be Xear's personal decision. If you are going to join an organization, why not give these guys a shot. You're free to be a member of any organization you want. Including CoS, ToV, ToS, or FSC. Expect to be challenged though.

#12298 - 10/06/08 09:56 PM Re: Satanic Partisism? [Re: Impius]
barrytheblade Offline
stranger

Loc: WA
 Originally Posted By: Impius
Personnally I read some essays from Gilmore and Barton and don't have anything against them or CoS in general.

I have a few problems with Gilmore. Barton's stuff is ok. Gilmore's latest book is awful. I trudged through it but it was a huge waste of time. I remember one section about music that went on and on and on and never really made a point.

Then there was the chapter that said you have to be an elite in society to matter as a Satanist, followed later by a chapter saying you just had to be the best of your particular trade to be a Satanist. (Neither of which Gilmore himself has managed, by the way.) What is that all about? Did he manage to write a book as inconsistent as the holy bible? Ridiculous.

#13419 - 10/24/08 11:44 PM Re: Satanic Partisism? [Re: fakepropht]
BlacKAcRE66 Offline
pledge

Loc: California
If that is the atmosphere at the CoS, then you made the correct choice...Any establishment that starts to get weird like that is on its way to failure and in some cases' tragic failure.

You know its funny that they're acting like that in Washington D.C. We're suppose to be a democracy and certain members from Congress or the Senate are being censored out from discussing the bail out plan.

I hope that whatever negative experience you had at CoS will work out to produce a better investment in other people. I am passionate about stuff like that and I believe in working as a collective to be an effective mover of issues politically and economically. If you do not do this then what is going to happen is that idiots like the L Ron Hubbard folks are going to figure a way to give you a hard time. to fight this kind of garbage, you to have a powerful lobby.

The Christian Community has strangled the World with its Fascist attitudes and fake demeanor so much because they were able to mobilize masses of people by twisting the minds of people with dogma and giving favor to nobles and doing business with bankers. Right now America is in a proxy war because of Christian Fascism that has created Islamic Fascism...

The Truth about the Christians; is they are suffering in so many ways that they even become ill from lack of freedom and over expectations which are only met with disappointment from one Sunday to the next.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.021 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 21 queries. Zlib compression disabled.