Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#117123 - 10/06/18 06:38 PM Ouji boards
Devil liviD Offline
stranger

Is this just for kids or will anybody answer? And yes I do have a questionarie mind.
#117173 - 10/12/18 02:27 PM Re: Ouji boards [Re: Devil liviD]
William Wright Offline

Loc: Nashville
You can buy one for around twenty bucks. Try it out for yourself.
#117176 - 10/13/18 06:29 AM Re: Ouji boards [Re: William Wright]
alcabaca Offline
lurker

Loc: Spain
If you do a ouija session with your eyes open you can see how the planchette goes towards the letters and responds with meaning (not always) even talking about things that only you know, such as things from your past;
however, perform the same test with closed eyes, and there is a witness or a video recorder as a witness you can see that the planchette moves without any sense, does not form words or coherent sentences and that is the ideomotor effect that is the fuel of ouija and other "paranormal" phenomena.

#117179 - 10/14/18 03:51 PM Re: Ouji boards [Re: alcabaca]
CanisMachina42 Offline
veteran member

Loc: CA
 Quote:
ideomotor effect that is the fuel of ouija and other "paranormal" phenomena.

Someone always beat me to it. \:\(

Anyway...

Talking boards are a parlor trick that exploits the tendency of people to think alike and move a thingy without knowing. Same reason the 14 year old new age girl can tie a crystal to a string. 

It is useful bullshit. It's the most likely answer as assumed by all participants. When done alone it's what you really think. The power of supernatural wiring lets one believe a wise spirit is misspelling names and entertaining slumber parties everywhere. 

At most it can help you realize what you really think.

Anecdote:

When I was 12 I was at one of my sister's softball games. Myself, and the othing siblings dragged to the ballpark, were doing "light as a feather..."  5 kids lifting 110 pounds.  Index fingers are surprisingly strong.  I wasn't convinced. I thought if this is real we should be able to do this to a car in the parking lot. So I got them to try it.  We lifted the suspension a half inch.  I made unbelievers out of all of them...

#117182 - 10/15/18 08:58 AM Re: Ouji boards [Re: CanisMachina42]
samowens84 Online

Originally Posted By: CanisMachina42
 Quote:
ideomotor effect that is the fuel of ouija and other "paranormal" phenomena.

Someone always beat me to it. \:\(

Anyway...

Talking boards are a parlor trick that exploits the tendency of people to think alike and move a thingy without knowing. Same reason the 14 year old new age girl can tie a crystal to a string. 

It is useful bullshit. It's the most likely answer as assumed by all participants. When done alone it's what you really think. The power of supernatural wiring lets one believe a wise spirit is misspelling names and entertaining slumber parties everywhere. 

At most it can help you realize what you really think.

Anecdote:

When I was 12 I was at one of my sister's softball games. Myself, and the othing siblings dragged to the ballpark, were doing "light as a feather..."  5 kids lifting 110 pounds.  Index fingers are surprisingly strong.  I wasn't convinced. I thought if this is real we should be able to do this to a car in the parking lot. So I got them to try it.  We lifted the suspension a half inch.  I made unbelievers out of all of them...

I believe channeling is a thing, but what one is willing to channel probably does more closely reflect what the person channeling already feels to be true and the sense of agreement and support does seem to strengthen the will in a constructive way. So in a sense I agree with you, just not all the way.

Edited by samowens84 (10/15/18 09:05 AM)

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.017 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 18 queries. Zlib compression disabled.