Page 2 of 2 <12
Topic Options
#12757 - 10/16/08 02:54 PM Re: TSB - The Book of Lucifer - Love & Hate [Re: Fabiano]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

I don't think love is that much of a choice. It of course depends on what we actually imply with love because the word is used that much that it has become rather vague. People love kids, partners, friends and icecream.

When it comes to romantic love, I do think choice is a wrong word because we are more subject to a chemical state than we have a real choice. Those chemical imbalances are there for a reason and they show us once more we are just animals and subject to the same problems.

I'd say that love, besides being warm fuzzy and feeling pretty darn nice, is a distastrous condition to be in. Personally I'd rather survive my remaining days on roadkill than being subjected to it once more. Blindly that is.

Still, although me claiming it isn't a choice, I do think that once we realize what it is and how is conditions us, we do have a choice in how much we want to be subjected to it. We might not be able to really choose but we might be able to define how deep we're gonna be stuck.

D.

#12765 - 10/16/08 07:17 PM Re: TSB - The Book of Lucifer - Love & Hate [Re: Diavolo]
Fabiano Offline

Quote:
People love kids, partners, friends and icecream.

NO, you like a dish, love a person and adore a God.

Quote:
When it comes to romantic love, I do think choice is a wrong word because we are more subject to a chemical state than we have a real choice. Those chemical imbalances are there for a reason and they show us once more we are just animals and subject to the same problems.

What you call "romantic love" is for me "attraction" and that's indeed the part where our animality is the most expressed.
In french we distinguish "aimer" (love) and "Ítre amoureux" (???falling in love???), there is "l'amour" (alike Xian God's love) and "le sentiment amoureux" (??? love feeling ???).

What makes a man attractive to a woman?
The fact the he loves her? Surely not, they could meet for the first time.

The tone of the voice, the body language, the smels, the general attitude, the self-confidence, the charism,...

To me this is not love, is more related to sexual attraction. And yes the nature made us such that when a woman/man sees an attractive man/woman it generates feelings who "pushes" her/him in the others arms. Here is the "conditioning".

Now suppose the man & the women have a relation. At the begining, it'll be wonderfull. If both are "in love" (i.e. have "romantic love feelings") they see the other just perfect, with zero default. It's a very intense and rewarding experience to live, no issue with that. But it will not last forever, there will be disagreements, misundertsnadings,... between them and default will start to appear.

After these feelings have decreased, the man could find the women stupid or anoying and decide start loooking for the next one or choose to go on with her.
If they choose to share their lives, the just decide to better themselves together rather than separately. In such a relation, they decide to help eachothers to better themselves. They nurture the other's spiritual gowth.
I think it can be a win-win situation because there is a kind a "coach" effect the other makes on you (plus many other advantages).

I'm divorced, I don't have any attraction or romantic feelings for my former wife. But we have kept contacts, I see her regularly and I consider her as one of my best friends. So I'm still loving her... as a friend.

#12775 - 10/17/08 02:53 AM Re: TSB - The Book of Lucifer - Love & Hate [Re: Fabiano]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

People should like dishes, dogs and music indeed but like I said, the word love is used so much it fits everywhere nowadays.

The intentions of those feelings is to reproduce. If there is one purpose in our life it is that. The whole loving part is probably some fucked-up game to keep partners long enough together to raise the offspring until they are old enough to survive on their own.

I don't think human couples are intended to be together forever and the fact that some do can maybe be explained by social factors. Again, choice might not be the correct word.
I don't deny there can be a win-win situation but here is never a win-win without somewhere lurking some loss. You stay together because the loss is tolerable.

I don't believe in love although it has been different in the past. I recognize and admit what happens but classify them as short-term chemical conditions. I refuse to see love as some sort of abstract thing like many do. We use the word to explain what is happening but it isn't more than that.

I've been married in the stoneage. I probably loved her at some point, married her mostly for practical reasons and divorced because it was less costly than murder. Chemical conditions are fleeting.

D.

#13424 - 10/25/08 08:20 AM Re: TSB - The Book of Lucifer - Love & Hate [Re: blsk]
AnOpenHand Offline
stranger

Loc: England
Its sad that you think that.
I often write poetry, not out of an agenda but because his beauty inspires me.
We fight over who's gonna make the tea because it makes us happy.
Some peoples own feelings can only be affirmed when theyre opposed to other peoples.

#13463 - 10/26/08 12:04 AM Re: TSB - The Book of Lucifer - Love & Hate [Re: Diavolo]
BlacKAcRE66 Offline
pledge

Loc: California
I think there are many levels of love. There is friendship, family members, and then there is the best thing that walked into your life. I fell in love only once in my life and that person was not even my wife whom I was already divorced from. It was the best thing for however long it lasted which was brief because well she had to go back East to her shit together, but I never stopped loving her.

It was the best thing that happened not because of anything sexual or sensually satisfying, which was not a problem, but because she was a tiger and I needed a tiger n my life...I loved getting into arguments with her because making up was great.

I think what you may need is a tiger in your life...The best relationships are those that have a disagreement every once in a while because it is a litmus test for how strong your relationship is...A relationship with no arguments or disagreements to me is full of pink elephants...It is as fake as Ned Flanders.

I think if you're a Satanist you should love as hard as you can and indulge.

#13464 - 10/26/08 12:13 AM Re: TSB - The Book of Lucifer - Love & Hate [Re: Fabiano]
BlacKAcRE66 Offline
pledge

Loc: California
 Originally Posted By: Fabiano
 Quote:
People love kids, partners, friends and icecream.

NO, you like a dish, love a person and adore a God.

Quote:

What you call "romantic love" is for me "attraction" and that's indeed the part where our animality is the most expressed.
In french we distinguish "aimer" (love) and "Ítre amoureux" (???falling in love???), there is "l'amour" (alike Xian God's love) and "le sentiment amoureux" (??? love feeling ???).

What makes a man attractive to a woman?
The fact the he loves her? Surely not, they could meet for the first time.

The tone of the voice, the body language, the smels, the general attitude, the self-confidence, the charism,...

To me this is not love, is more related to sexual attraction. And yes the nature made us such that when a woman/man sees an attractive man/woman it generates feelings who "pushes" her/him in the others arms. Here is the "conditioning".

Now suppose the man & the women have a relation. At the begining, it'll be wonderfull. If both are "in love" (i.e. have "romantic love feelings") they see the other just perfect, with zero default. It's a very intense and rewarding experience to live, no issue with that. But it will not last forever, there will be disagreements, misundertsnadings,... between them and default will start to appear.

After these feelings have decreased, the man could find the women stupid or anoying and decide start loooking for the next one or choose to go on with her.
If they choose to share their lives, the just decide to better themselves together rather than separately. In such a relation, they decide to help eachothers to better themselves. They nurture the other's spiritual gowth.
I think it can be a win-win situation because there is a kind a "coach" effect the other makes on you (plus many other advantages).

I'm divorced, I don't have any attraction or romantic feelings for my former wife. But we have kept contacts, I see her regularly and I consider her as one of my best friends. So I'm still loving her... as a friend.

Very nicely written, I think this says it all right here...You Europeans have a way of communicating on these subjects. I'll drink to this post.

Merci

This is an example of quoting an entire post and replying. You could have done the same thing by clicking the reply button under his post. It accomplishes the same point, without repeating the entire post and dragging it out. This won't be tolerated anymore, as stated on the site effective today.

Edited by fakepropht (10/26/08 12:51 AM)

Page 2 of 2 <12

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.016 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 19 queries. Zlib compression disabled.