Page 2 of 2 <12
Topic Options
#15791 - 12/08/08 07:20 PM Re: 2nd Satanic sin : Solipism [Re: Dan_Dread]
Luci.Is.Light Offline
stranger

Agreed: the whole point of Satanism is to be free from 'sin' and the chains that other religions bind their followers with... if you stress about what is sinful or not in Satanism, then you are entirely missing the point - for a religion with clear-cut guidelines about what you should and shouldn't do, might I suggest christianity?

#15792 - 12/08/08 07:26 PM Re: 2nd Satanic sin : Solipism [Re: Luci.Is.Light]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Loc: Vancouver, Canada
 Quote:

Agreed: the whole point of Satanism is to be free from 'sin' and the chains that other religions bind their followers with

I'm fairly certain you missed my point entirely. Oh well.

Do you really believe that is 'the whole point of Satanism'? That is quite a reactionary stance.

#15809 - 12/09/08 12:31 AM Re: 2nd Satanic sin : Solipism [Re: Dan_Dread]
Luci.Is.Light Offline
stranger

Satanism is meant to be liberating, that's the point I was trying to make, that obsessing over what a Satanist should or shouldn't do is missing the whole idea of Satanism..
Satanists should just BE
Looking over the Satanic sins, as you said, a true Satanist will just nod his head and think, "well, duh." .. This is where my point on stupidity comes in, if you're not stupid (and I mean by this, you are actually a highly intelligent minority), you don't get manipulated by bullshit people throw at you constantly, you simply live by your own rules.. then you are a Satanist, and you need not worry about Satanic 'sins'

#15812 - 12/09/08 12:38 AM Re: 2nd Satanic sin : Solipism [Re: Luci.Is.Light]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Loc: Vancouver, Canada
Well I can't really argue with most of that.

I would make the exception of following peoples rules when doing so benefits you, though. Sometimes disobeying certain rules can be downright harmful.

Rebellion is good, but not at the expense of rational self interest ;\)

#15816 - 12/09/08 03:48 AM Re: 2nd Satanic sin : Solipism [Re: Dan_Dread]
Luci.Is.Light Offline
stranger

Yeah, it's all about being smart... knowing the rules and when to break them..
First you have to know what the rules are, then you have to be smart enough to know when you can and when you can't rebel.

#20536 - 02/16/09 07:58 PM Re: 2nd Satanic sin : Solipism [Re: Luci.Is.Light]
Zoid Offline

Loc: USA - New Jersey
 Originally Posted By: Luci.Is.Light
“Most people can't think, most of the remainder won't think, the small fraction who do think mostly
can't do it very well. The extremely tiny fraction who think regularly, accurately, creatively, and
without self-delusion- in the long run, these are the only people who count.”
- Robert Heinlein
The latter group mentioned are the only true satanists.

The above made think about solipsism and the other Satanic sins from the perspective of Satan(ist) the Accuser, who looks out at others and accuses at least some of them of stupidity, pretentiousness, solipsism, and the rest.

Christ: "Judge not, lest ye be judged."

Satan(ist): "Judge, lest ye fail to identify easy meat!"

Here we have an inversion that seems appropriate and enlightening. Judge! And then, where you find it appealing and convenient to do so - impose penalty! Just beware the mistrial... for the challenge of rendering judgment is in doing so without committing one of the sins oneself in the process - such as accusing someone of stupidity for committing an act the herd considers stupid, and making the accusation without ever questioning the herd's alleged wisdom - or announcing the accusation out loud for all to hear while strutting around like a peacock, the epitome of pretension. Better to accuse in silence, and give oneself the opportunity to double-check one's assumptions.

Page 2 of 2 <12

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.022 seconds of which 0.003 seconds were spent on 19 queries. Zlib compression disabled.