Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#117373 - 11/04/18 04:00 PM eBooks in standardised format
Rob Taylor Offline
pledge

Loc: England, Surrey
I have a kindle eReader and get the majority of my books online using various free sites, but I have accumalated quite a lot. I see in the Media room, there are a couple in PDF format that open as soon as you click with an option to download, but how can I just upload a load of my books, in mobi format or whatever, so anyone can just lift it and load it onto their eReader? I have a lot of fantastic books available, seems a wasted opportunity.

And for those who aren't aware, there is a free eReader management tool for PC, called calibre. I have been using it for the past year and you can convert any book to any specific eReader format, so no issue there.

#117427 - 11/14/18 06:08 PM Re: eBooks in standardised format [Re: Rob Taylor]
Rob Taylor Offline
pledge

Loc: England, Surrey
Just like to bump this. I have a ton of ebooks that would be of interest to many members. Can something be put in place (such as a drop box or similar), to drop book files for anyone to upload and read on their ereader?
It seems a waste to have all of this information to hand, whilst others struggle due to country law and restrictions etc, to get hold of it.
My suggestion would be a shared drive (or something similar which is probably available from the host of the website), that is accesible to registered members(in order to keep an eye on what is dropped in) only.

Edited by Rob Taylor (11/14/18 06:09 PM)

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Woland, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, TV is God, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.031 seconds of which 0.015 seconds were spent on 15 queries. Zlib compression disabled.