Page 2 of 3 <123>
Topic Options
#117669 - 12/08/18 12:58 AM Re: Destruction Ritual [Re: ShadowLover]
samowens84 Offline

Revenge is for the weak and the defeated. Its one thing to fight for honor, dignity, or to protect your lover or family. However, revenge for catharsis is just another method to keep slaves happy. Like public hangings in the middle ages. If that entertains a person you're likely not very sophisticated and are just among the useful idiots and enslaved masses.
#117672 - 12/08/18 01:18 AM Re: Destruction Ritual [Re: samowens84]
ShadowLover Offline

Loc: Gold Coast, Australia
Huh? Who mentioned revenge? I just think of it as problem solving.

Baby... Fighting for honour and dignity is for the slaves. But you go ahead and feel good about yourself. Minstrels will write songs! At least in your head.

Edited by ShadowLover (12/08/18 01:21 AM)

#117673 - 12/08/18 01:22 AM Re: Destruction Ritual [Re: ShadowLover]
samowens84 Offline

Depends on the motive I guess. That kind of thing done with a negative intent puts too much power in the hands of your prey. So much so that if they're wise and powerful and aware of your intent then you become just a willing exploitative tool assuming you have no agenda beyond hurting someone else.

Lol Slaves have no honor and dignity so I suppose it would be beyond their understanding. Its an internal quality based on personal fulfillment that a slave wouldn't recognize.

Edited by samowens84 (12/08/18 01:25 AM)

#117675 - 12/08/18 01:49 AM Re: Destruction Ritual [Re: samowens84]
aeon6 Offline

Loc: KÝbenhavn, Denmark
 Originally Posted By: samowens84
The goal for wisdom in my experience is an unfiltered look at the world around me, in such a way, that I can accept myself with self-love and dignity. To be free to love, and experience life unfettered to maximum potential that ultimately becomes harmonious in the world on my terms.

Your worldview is predictably usa filtered, as evidenced in our spar. Self-love and dignity are neither your impetus nor a reflection of your overall quality of life. And you can never be harmonious with the world on your own terms exclusively. Resign yourself to more evolved reason, and fathom an existence more agreeable to you as a result.

#117676 - 12/08/18 02:02 AM Re: Destruction Ritual [Re: aeon6]
samowens84 Offline

Originally Posted By: aeon6
The goal for wisdom in my experience is an unfiltered look at the world around me, in such a way, that I can accept myself with self-love and dignity. To be free to love, and experience life unfettered to maximum potential that ultimately becomes harmonious in the world on my terms.

Your worldview is predictably usa filtered, as evidenced in our spar. Self-love and dignity are neither your impetus nor a reflection of your overall quality of life. And you can never be harmonious with the world on your own terms exclusively. Resign yourself to more evolved reason, and fathom an existence more agreeable to you as a result.

Lol suck it.

#117677 - 12/08/18 02:07 AM Re: Destruction Ritual [Re: samowens84]
aeon6 Offline

See? The world watches.
#117678 - 12/08/18 02:16 AM Re: Destruction Ritual [Re: aeon6]
samowens84 Offline

Originally Posted By: aeon6
See? The world watches.

Lol watch what? My work goes beyond being liked or noticed and I really couldn't care less. Except I'm sure people notice your lack of a sense of humor and your empty pretentious "intellectualism." People's opinions change like the wind and I don't waste my energy conforming my identity to empty perception.

Your lack of self-awareness in how you've presented yourself is you assassinating your own character, and yet you think I'm the person who should be concerned with how I'm perceived.

That you feel that is how this game works says something about your severe handicaps and limitations.

You think that if you break my reputation or make me look bad everything will go back to the way things were?

If that's the case then you're more naive and stupid then I thought.

#117679 - 12/08/18 02:23 AM Re: Destruction Ritual [Re: samowens84]
aeon6 Offline

The TOPIC is Destruction Ritual. But have it your way.
This all sprang from when I insulted your president in the shout box aeons ago. It then become a vendetta against Danes. Is your personal worth and national pride that fragile?

#117700 - 12/10/18 11:29 AM Re: Destruction Ritual [Re: ShadowLover]
SIN3 Offline
stalker

Loc: Virginia
I did. If you're that mad, spending $300 to do mojo on your own psyche seems like you're just letting the target win. I'd say revenge is better. I maintain that stance. Convince me I'm wrong.

#117731 - 12/12/18 05:32 PM Re: Destruction Ritual [Re: SIN3]
ShadowLover Offline

Originally Posted By: SIN3
I did.

Honestly, if that what works for you then go hard. I don't have all the answers - my answers are limited to my own experiences. I tend to believe different people are wired differently. Revenge comes from passion and is hot. In some circumstances I become very cold and detached and my solution isn't spawned by revenge but by problem solving - removing a future threat or preventing a future attack - it is cold and calculated.
I'm not saying that I never become emotional, because I certainly can. If it is angry emotion, it's not pretty, it's chaotic, and in my case is less effective as a driver than cold, hard logic.
But I also believe that most humans are wired to react in a hot and passionate way. It's just that I'm not - it takes a lot to get me fired up to the point of wanting to enjoy hurting somebody. Many years ago, (I might have told this story before) I was at a nightclub and this chick I knew punched me in the head. Firstly, she was tiny and the punch didn't hurt or make an impact so my fight or flight response wasn't triggered. I had to ask myself, what I should do? Then I supposed that the socially accepted or expected thing to do would be to punch her back, and that is the only reason I reacted physically at all - I was trying to fit in with my peer group at the time. I am aware that the majority of people don't have that particular internal conversation and would have fired up immediately and just flogged her for revenge, but I didn't feel any such inclination at all.
If the same thing happened now, I might still punch back. But not to appease my peers these days. If I hit back now it would be because I learned over the years that sometimes the best defence is a good offence - still a calculated decision rather than a heated reaction. But, seriously, I'm 49yo... Who would want to hit me now?

Originally Posted By: SIN3
If you're that mad, spending $300 to do mojo on your own psyche seems like you're just letting the target win.

If you read my post you will see that I said I don't spend money on such things.

Edited by ShadowLover (12/12/18 05:42 PM)

#117732 - 12/12/18 08:16 PM Re: Destruction Ritual [Re: ShadowLover]
samowens84 Offline

I'm calculative in the same way, except that the emotions exist, and I ask myself if that emotion is useful. I've been known for feeling intense outrage, but I am always in the background of my emotional response manipulating the emotional energy to work best o my advantage. People might look at my emotional condition and judge that as who I am, but the fact is I've always had a strong and powerful will underneath the emotional noise so that if its to my advantage to look as weak as my noise implies, then I let that be what it is.

People are preprogramed to make assumptions based on the emotional noise they see regardless of the evidence. So I can be as effective and successful a thousand times and ironically that makes people want to believe the weak emotional static even more compulsively in spite of the evidence of my success in such cases because their ego is invested in believing the noise that implies I might be as weak as they always needed me to be, because that would appease the narcissistic addictive impulse that needs to erase all memories of my past successes that may translate into memories of their failure. And that narcissistic self-destructive streak often seems to have no end as that type becomes incapable of thinking rationally due to the starved narcissistic addictive impulse and compulsive need to restore their grandiose image. That makes the narcissist compulsively irrational and easy prey at times.

Edited by samowens84 (12/12/18 08:17 PM)

#117735 - 12/12/18 10:15 PM Re: Destruction Ritual [Re: samowens84]
ShadowLover Offline

Lol Slaves have no honor and dignity so I suppose it would be beyond their understanding. Its an internal quality based on personal fulfillment that a slave wouldn't recognize.

Exactly. Honour is internal... So why the need to defend it to the world?
ie. One can have personal honour without feeling a need to justify it to the world.

I'm calculative in the same way, except that the emotions exist, and I ask myself if that emotion is useful. I've been known for feeling intense outrage, but I am always in the background of my emotional response manipulating the emotional energy to work best o my advantage.

I absolutely agree. When did I say that emotion didn't exist? To the contrary, I said I can be quite emotional at times. And I too have harnessed emotion to forge outcomes - it is simply energy after all...
And perhaps you will agree that a calculated use of emotion can be more productive than a wayward, chaotic use? At least for some of us, that are wired differently to the general populous that constantly feed off and are propelled by emotion.
NB. I am not even saying that one is better than the other, but that both have their place in different circumstances. It's the difference between a front-line soldier and a gorilla. Both have their place. Front-line soldiers are awesome and are definitely more the norm. But let's not diminish the value of the assassin.

So I can be as effective and successful a thousand times and ironically that makes people want to believe the weak emotional static even more compulsively in spite of the evidence of my success in such cases because their ego is invested in believing the noise that implies I might be as weak as they always needed me to be, because that would appease the narcissistic addictive impulse that needs to erase all memories of my past successes that may translate into memories of their failure. And that narcissistic self-destructive streak often seems to have no end as that type becomes incapable of thinking rationally due to the starved narcissistic addictive impulse and compulsive need to restore their grandiose image. That makes the narcissist compulsively irrational and easy prey at times.

And all this is simply making my case... Which I happen to think is your case, too... So... High five! Or secret handshake. Or whatever.

#117746 - 12/14/18 10:42 AM Re: Destruction Ritual [Re: ShadowLover]
SIN3 Offline
stalker

Loc: Virginia
If you're invested years-worth into enacting revenge, then you're enemy bested you.

I'd say, apathy is a sign of no emotional anchor to the person or event. Revenge should be immediate, should you seek to take it. Psycho drama is for the psyche. It doesn't cost a dime.

#117756 - 12/15/18 01:10 PM Re: Destruction Ritual [Re: samowens84]
Asmedious Moderator Offline

Loc: New York
I tend to experience strong emotions as well, however, they are always under control, and never show anger, because I can control it well, and just about everytime, I can let it go, because I have a very thick skin.

In this current situation, however, I experienced something that I haven't felt before, which is pure hate and rage. Again, I never showed any signs of it on the outside. Actually, I showed quite the opposite. My outside demeanor was calm, friendly, and sociable. I haven't done the ritual yet. I'm still trying to make sure I was as wronged as I believe myself to have been. (It's complicated so I don't want to get into the specifics).

On a positive side, I've been going to the gym regularly to let off a bit of steam each night, and so far have lost over 40 pounds and gone from a size 36 waist to a 29 in three months. And that's just from letting off a tiny bit of steam ;\)

#117758 - 12/15/18 03:43 PM Re: Destruction Ritual [Re: Asmedious]
Rob Taylor Offline
pledge

Loc: England, Surrey
Despite what others have said on this thread (and there are always the usual few that have too much to say about bloody anything and everything), if you want to try it out, why not?
We would never progress if we dithered.
I personally like the way you made a decision to do something outside the norm. I just hope you stick to your original decision. There was obviously a very good reason that made you reach that decision, and time tames.

Page 2 of 3 <123>

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.025 seconds of which 0.003 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.