Page 15 of 18 « First<1314151617>Last »
Topic Options
#121187 - 01/04/20 10:32 AM Re: Black Cat Music [Re: Spida]
William Wright Offline

Loc: Nashville

This song that you posted on New Year's Day is my favorite U2 song, due I'm sure in no small part to how I was introduced to their music.

I was a teenager in the eighties, and one of my friends let me borrow a U2 cassette called Under a Blood Red Sky, said it was great stuff and I had to listen to it. Man, was he right. Later I dutifully returned the cassette with an obligatory thanks, but after several years when I tried to catch up with him I could never find him. To this day I don't know what happened to him.

I'd never heard a live album before, and I loved all the little "mistakes" that humanized the music. I could picture myself in the audience, communing with the others in the crowd and just living in the moment.

Every song on this album is special, but for whatever reason I was always drawn to "New Year's Day." New Year's is generally regarded as a time for optimism - a new beginning - but this song was melancholy. I heard a truth in that song: Time marches on, whether you like it or not. Time doesn't care. All that matters is what you do with the time you've got.

The version of "New Year's Day" on War is the studio version, the version you hear on classic rock stations. And it's good, for sure. But for me the live version is the definitive version. It beautifully captures a moment in time, brand new only a few decades ago and now gone forever.

#121188 - 01/04/20 12:03 PM Re: Black Cat Music [Re: Kori Houghton]
Spida Offline

Loc: Maine
 Originally Posted By: Kori Houghton

Again, not applicable since your 14 pages are infested with many Top 40 Radio classics from the 60s, 70s, and 80s. Which are now part of the "classic rock" radio genre. Overplayed for 30 years, and counting, here in the rust belt.

Having a taste not of "any particular style or genre" wouldn't be divergent. It might be diverse, though.

I thought you might say that, but still...

I disagree. With the aforementioned as the main theme, and I listen to, say, Ancient Rites, Agathodaimon, Ajattara, or even Estas Tonne et alia. Then I am diverging from the main theme. It may be only a slight divergence, but a divergence nonetheless.

Of course this divergence creates a bit of diversity by default.

#121189 - 01/04/20 12:09 PM Re: Black Cat Music [Re: William Wright]
Spida Offline

I usually prefer studio versions over live versions, but that one's pretty good.

It's a nice addition. Thank you for that.

#121193 - 01/05/20 04:02 PM Re: Black Cat Music [Re: Spida]
Dark Light 444 Offline

Disregard your detractors. Your thread is one of the more interesting and consistent ones on this site. Music is magic. Keep on keepiní on.

#121196 - 01/05/20 06:14 PM Re: Black Cat Music [Re: Dark Light 444]
Spida Offline

I believe I pretty much did a complete migration to this thread for all my musical needs. When combined with this, that, and the other exceeding certain thresholds some minor turbulence was experienced.

The musical filter being somewhat reminiscent of the Freudian/Jungian model of the psyche. A bit constrictive in the middle; maybe loosen it a bit...

#121197 - 01/05/20 07:01 PM Re: Black Cat Music [Re: Spida]
aeon6 Offline

Loc: KÝbenhavn, Denmark
Pontificate all you like about moldy, regressive music. You're still complicit in creating an obstinate circus. And hating me gets you no closer to enlightenment, for you it remains elusive.
#121198 - 01/05/20 07:11 PM Re: Black Cat Music [Re: aeon6]
Spida Offline

I don't care about you enough to hate you.

#121202 - 01/07/20 07:23 PM Re: Black Cat Music [Re: Spida]
Spida Offline

- OCD -

We now return to our regularly scheduled programming.

No it's not Night Gallery. I just like the intro. It's much ado about nothing, maybe, we never know.

#121203 - 01/07/20 07:42 PM Re: Black Cat Music [Re: Spida]
Spida Offline

I don't know why I like it. I just do...

#121218 - 01/09/20 08:14 PM Re: Black Cat Music [Re: Spida]
Spida Offline

Little psychoactive(legal), little music, and a little blog on a Satanic Forum, fuck it, why not.

I've been around for a while. Long enough to take notice that many of the forums built on fairy dust and fantasy never last, and eventually become nothing more than...

#121219 - 01/09/20 08:16 PM Re: Black Cat Music [Re: Spida]
Spida Offline

This place has a bit more substance than that; a foundation. Which may lead to the fantastic, but not the unfounded.

These are the other two by Abba that slightly moved me, a long, long, time ago...

#121220 - 01/10/20 11:59 AM Re: Black Cat Music [Re: Spida]
Spida Offline

Divergent. What the fuck you know 'bout divergence. A relative divergence. From the mundane vocalization to an abysmal birth cry like that of a thousand screams in unison...

#121225 - 01/11/20 07:30 PM Re: Black Cat Music [Re: Spida]
Spida Offline

They're coming...

#121226 - 01/11/20 07:42 PM Re: Black Cat Music [Re: Spida]
Spida Offline

- Proof Of A Soul -

Sometimes referred to as a durable soul. I don't believe there can ever be any proof of an individual soul existing after death. Primarily because they don't.

There does exist certain phenomena such as astral projection or the various other out of body phenomena, of which I myself have experienced some, but ultimately all this proves is that consciousness may be dislodged from the physical vessel, and not that it may exist in the absence of it.

I believe something can be said about being out of body when you are alive as opposed to cold and dead.

So in lieu of barking up that tree; something more in line with the empirical is that I am here right now - which is truly amazing all by itself. It's a much better starting point than any unfounded belief in a durable soul; prior to diving into the metaphysical.

I am here right now because there exists a causal chain born out of chaos that made it so. When this is combined with an understanding of time, and a lack thereof. One may conclude that the many paths of least resistance leading up to this remarkable phenomenon will undoubtedly occur again, and again ad infintum...

Although I am in no way overly thrilled about going through much of the same shit that got me to where I am today.

Also. I might be more inclined to believe that this individuality that we experience, that some are so afraid of losing, may not even exist anyway, yes, another illusion.

#121227 - 01/12/20 02:37 AM Re: Black Cat Music [Re: Spida]
Spida Offline

The previous post was just the result of a recent forum post that I saw and turned it into a blog post. I do that sometimes.

Seem to have somewhat of a problem with this perpetual need to be writing shit every day, but the music is good, most of the time.

Page 15 of 18 « First<1314151617>Last »

Moderator:  Woland, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, TV is God, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.081 seconds of which 0.059 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.