Page 1 of 3 123>
Topic Options
#118113 - 01/23/19 11:55 AM A serious offer...
SIN3 Offline
stalker

Loc: Virginia
Make me an admin. Just do it.

In return, I'll scrutinize new memberships before approving them.

Ban those wasting our time with juvenile intellect.

Maybe I'll follow the established rules, maybe I won't and will make my own.

Thrill me. This site doesn't have to die.

#118114 - 01/23/19 12:10 PM Re: A serious offer... [Re: SIN3]
Czereda Online

Loc: Poland
Looool that has made my day.

Yeah do it. She will delete all the threads and change the users' avatars into donkeys.

#118115 - 01/23/19 12:17 PM Re: A serious offer... [Re: Czereda]
samowens84 Offline

Originally Posted By: Czereda
Looool that has made my day.

Yeah do it. She will delete all the threads and change the users' avatars into donkeys.

Lol this place was already bankrupt before I came. If you don't like what rose from the ashes, well, have a brownie.

#118116 - 01/23/19 12:35 PM Re: A serious offer... [Re: samowens84]
Czereda Online

Loc: Poland
 Originally Posted By: samowens84

Lol this place was already bankrupt before I came.

Really? That has been said by nearly EVERYONE here. From what I remember, we've been moaning about the decline of this forum for six years already.

I daresay that if we want to keep this little venue of ours alive, all we have to do is keep whining.

#118117 - 01/23/19 12:49 PM Re: A serious offer... [Re: Czereda]
samowens84 Offline

Yeah, but before I came y'all didn't have someone to blame lol.
#118118 - 01/23/19 01:09 PM Re: A serious offer... [Re: samowens84]
Dark Light 444 Offline

Bullshit. All the old school regs laughed and mocked me upon my entrance. Now, I see why.

Yeah, make SIN3 an admin. Why not?

#118119 - 01/23/19 01:24 PM Re: A serious offer... [Re: Dark Light 444]
samowens84 Offline

Originally Posted By: Dark Light 444
Bullshit. All the old school regs laughed and mocked me upon my entrance. Now, I see why.

Yeah, make SIN3 an admin. Why not?

Yes, and since then I've talked to all the "old school rags" and they're not so keen on that tactic so much anymore. The vibe I get is that there are better ways to encourage growth, and pragmatically, the consequences for their approach were too great for them to accept.

While their reaction to you and your response to it does reflect on you since you acknowledge that it helped you recognize yourself for who you were and helped you grow, their attitude reflected on them as well, and the quiet consensus is more or less that they didn't like what they saw when they looked in the mirror either. Being a negative magnet might reject the charges that don't fit, but if the energy a person puts out there is to find the right weight to bring you down you'll eventually find it.

Pragmatically that's a scary prospect for some, and maybe people learned to like life a little more than just being "sinister." Just a guess. The new dynamic seems to suggest that.

There was a kind of snowflakey attitude that seemed to be more about "look at how sinister I am" then actually adapting to different people and situations to get what they want out of life and people. Seems in my experience at least it takes more guts and is more Satanic to be willing to be compassionate in a way that preserves their own moral code rather then succumb to competing for being the most sinister snowflake around. Seems more productive and powerful than competing for the most fucked up merit badge from some anonymous "authority."

Edited by samowens84 (01/23/19 01:33 PM)

#118120 - 01/23/19 04:13 PM Re: A serious offer... [Re: samowens84]
SIN3 Offline
stalker

Ideally, yes. Lately? Not so much. I joined late like the rest of you. So what? Could be fun. Could even bring some of the old birds out to troll me. I like that kind of adversity. Not just for the entertainment value it brings, but the competitive nature of people trying to outbrain me.

C'moooooon. Play with me.

#118127 - 01/24/19 10:41 AM Re: A serious offer... [Re: SIN3]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Loc: Vancouver, Canada
Sine ut mortui sepeliant mortuos

#118128 - 01/24/19 01:52 PM Re: A serious offer... [Re: Dan_Dread]
Dark Light 444 Offline

And yet, here you are. Dead as nails.

#118131 - 01/24/19 03:53 PM Re: A serious offer... [Re: Dark Light 444]
SIN3 Offline
stalker

Hush now, his point was taken and can easily be ignored. He's just bringing well... THE DREAD.

#118133 - 01/24/19 04:23 PM Re: A serious offer... [Re: SIN3]
Spida Offline

Loc: Maine

Just a general reply...

So quite honestly, there aren't many things I give a rats' ass about these days; perhaps this is one of those things. Although given this is a forum, I do feel somewhat obligated to leave something here and there from time to time. In lieu of the isolate passages that I compose fueled by compulsion and tempered with convenience from within my own little sanctuary.

I don't wish to step on any sacred toes of proper wisdom. I am just doing what I do; when I feel like doing it, that's all. I do have an affinity for strong dominant women; fortuitously converging upon an appropriate setting, not expecting materialization to that with any substance, but more akin to attractive window dressings. I like it, It's quaint.

I won't name any names. They may remain anonymous; that's all for now.

Have a nice night.

#118145 - 01/24/19 11:33 PM Re: A serious offer... [Re: Spida]
CanisMachina42 Offline
veteran member

Loc: CA
Another general reply.

To breath life into a dead social scene takes a real 'cult of personality', not just someone that thinks they are. These are the folk who can post one simple fucking thing and get noticed. "Hey, _____ just posted. Let's all try to gawk at them".

People will want to participate just to get a crumb of recognition, even the alleged rebels. Superficial back patting and cliquey inclusion in any "inner circle" will increase participation.

Once the few influencial greens y El Culto al Nepotismo en Azul departed it was over. Without elitism and the associated meritocracy it is AYSO soccer. Everyone plays and no one cares.

#118147 - 01/25/19 12:29 AM Re: A serious offer... [Re: SIN3]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

"Wasting our time with juvenile intellect"

You only waste time when engaging.

Water seeks its own level.
I also have my doubts about your capabilities.
And I am probably not the only one.

Besides, I see a new base forming.
Not one to your liking.
But still living and vibrant.

#118149 - 01/25/19 07:44 AM Re: A serious offer... [Re: Dimitri]
Kori Houghton Offline

Loc: East Coast USA
 Originally Posted By: Dimitri
I also have my doubts about your capabilities.
And I am probably not the only one.

I haven't any doubts about her capabilities. She's smart, she's weird, and she has a sense of humor. I enjoy reading her posts even thought I often disagree with her point of view. I think she excels at being challenging without being simply offensive. That takes a certain amount of style.

Originally Posted By: Dimitri
Besides, I see a new base forming.
Not one to your liking.
But still living and vibrant.

Yeah, right? You could give a bunch of developmentally disabled guys devices for internet access and a link here. Given enough participants, a base would form. Having a pulse, a connected keypad/keyboard, and a need to form virtual bonds with other underdeveloped personalities isn't what I'd call "vibrant". What I'd call that is more like "someone ripe for recruitment into one of the (mostly) male occult orgs".

Consider this one more "yay" for SIN as moderator.

Page 1 of 3 123>

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.037 seconds of which 0.009 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.