Page 2 of 2 <12
Topic Options
#118515 - 02/09/19 04:16 PM Re: Feelings on other religions than Christianity ? [Re: Eternal Darkness]
TheOperator Offline
stranger

Loc: Cleveland, Ohio, United States
It's all nonsense. There is no scientific evidence for any kind of supernatural deity and the fact that the existence of such a deity is accepted by so many people as self-evident is a testament to how poorly most people think on a critical and rational level.

A quick reading of something like The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins will give you a sufficient education on the topic, showing that the proposal of a god or gods' existence is, in fact, a scientific hypothesis, and as such falls flat before it even manages to stand its wobbly legs. The idea of a god or gods is a complete joke, and if you believe in that sort of nonsense, you're a moron and you deserve to be duped out of whatever money the Joel Osteens and Jimmy Swaggarts of the world can get from you.

There is no god. There is no evidence for god. Religion is something people use to try and understand the world around them, despite the fact that religion will give you only a rudimentary, skewed perception of what the world is and who the people are that inhabit it.

If you're a Christian, Jew, Muslim or even a "theistic satanist," you're a fucking idiot. End of story.

Edited by TheOperator (02/09/19 04:18 PM)

#118531 - 02/11/19 01:44 AM Re: Feelings on other religions than Christianity ? [Re: TheOperator]
Tom Satanic Offline
stranger

If you're a little bitch who comes on the forum, thinking that LaVey is the only Satanism, ready to defend his honor at all costs, even at the cost of your own mental faculties, then you are no better than any other religious morons you complain about like all the other LaVey worshipers. You're a basic fool who can't see their own hypocritical nonsense. Another useful idiot.

End of story.

Edited by Tom Satanic (02/11/19 01:45 AM)

#118535 - 02/11/19 02:29 PM Re: Feelings on other religions than Christianity ? [Re: Tom Satanic]
TheOperator Offline
stranger

Loc: Cleveland, Ohio, United States
I have no interesting in "defend[ing LaVey's] honor" in any way shape or form. The fuck are you talking about? Your post has nothing to do with anything in this thread or anything I said in my above post.

That you're still butthurt from our other exchange has nothing to do with this thread and it's silly for you to drag that bullshit over here. Respond to what I actually said with something relevant or the conversation's over.

#118770 - 02/26/19 03:48 PM Re: Feelings on other religions than Christianity ? [Re: TheOperator]
owlzee Offline
stranger

Personally I only regard myself as a Satanist, a Luciferian or an Atheist in regard to religions west of India, "western religions" Abrahamic religion, Judeo-Christian-Islamic religions, even Greek myths, like the non-Judeo-Christian story of Prometheus makes sense within the western paradigm.

Hinduism is more like a hundred different religions than one single religion. Hinduism and Buddhism range all the way from typical supernatural angel like deities and gods to very skeptical, Atheist subsets of philosophy. Zen Buddhism, the teachings of Bodhidharma and select readings from ancient Buddhism could be desribed as Atheist, so to could the Hindu school of Advaita Vedanta.

When I talk to East Asian people it's almost impossible for me to get across to them what Satanism or Luciferianism is, the idea that gods like Satan or Promethius are givers of knowledge, the idea that Adam and Eve ate from a tree of knowledge and that knowledge or wisdom could somehow take on an evil property is not something easily understood by people from the far-east.

It's like talking to a Hindu about God, they talk about God in all sorts of crazy ways that simply aren't acceptable if you are going to look at the world through the lens of the western, Abrahamic mindset of religion.

The idea that you can conquer the outside world through conquering your emotions, that you can be wise and enlightened and have the divine within you is a good thing in eastern culture, nobody is worried about you rebelling against the church.

We use terms like "left-hand path" but if you were to talk to a Buddhist about "the left-hand path" they'd probably think you are talking about asceticism as opposed to hedonistic materialism. That's what Buddha meant by "the middle path", taking the middle road between asceticism and hedonistic materialism in order to escape suffering within your own mind.

Hedonistic Materialism was also supposed to be "the good path" for the Buddha in the east, obey his parents and become a good king and enjoy the luxuries available to him.

Originally Posted By: Eternal Darkness

How do you view other religions than christianity ?

- - - -

Judaism ,Islam, Hinduism ,Buddhism ,for example . .? ( the "world" religions )

. . or Bahai ?

I view many aspects of Hinduism and Buddhism in a positive light, talking to them about Satanism doesn't really make any sense, they live in a completely different cultural paradigm, even the Asians who convert to Christianity or Islam either don't really seem to get what's going on, or are just so gullible that they'll go along with and repeat anything.

Edited by owlzee (02/26/19 03:50 PM)

#118950 - 03/19/19 05:22 PM Re: Feelings on other religions than Christianity ? [Re: owlzee]
SagittariusA Offline
stranger

Loc: Germany
At first view, some religions seem to "function" better than others.
Functioning in the sense of providing a framework and motivation for certain behavior.
However, a religion always evolves out of and is tailored to a culture before it begins to exert its own influence on that culture.
Some just need the very exact specifications for punishments etc. and others see it more loosely.
Every religion has developed and asserted itself, which is why I judge them all the same.
In former times practical, today mostly superfluous and obstructive.

#118981 - 03/25/19 09:35 PM Re: Feelings on other religions than Christianity ? [Re: SagittariusA]
fiendish Offline

My feelings about all religions are practically the same. They have the same origin, man, and address to the same subject, man. Diversity of humans is responsible for the diversity of religions. Yet , the number of religions is exponentially inversely proportional to the number of people. Religion functions as an attractant center that eliminates differences among people. A mass of people leads to the creation of a cluster of different individuals under a common belief system.

Medulla oblongata

#119345 - 06/06/19 09:47 PM Re: Feelings on other religions than Christianity ? [Re: fiendish]
ChildofHecate Offline
lurker

For me... I suppose it matters what you mean by ‘Religion’. Surely not all belief systems are as detrimental as Christianity and Abrahamic Religions are and have been to free thought and most importantly to ‘slave state policy and politics’. I actually hate that all Religions are lumped into one where there are clearly HUGE differences. People evolved around spirituality in different forms.. it helped them appreciate various facets of life and find harmony within those things. Appreciating the sun for it’s much needed energy and the Earth for it’s support is integral to the human experience. Otherwise you walk around unappreciative of what you have. Elsewise if you’re locked up in a prison without sunlight you will surely appreciate the Sun (and the vitamin-D) and the Earth until humans destroy it via pollution. I can appreciate spiritual traditions that venerate the things that are essential to life and I take issue with the whole ‘fuck it nothing matters because everything is machinery’ view that some hold onto like a religion. Not everything is a left brain operation ask any artist and if you say ‘fuck art’ then I insist that you’re living in a dull very uninteresting world that you sum up as 1+1. Some Religions enslaved people and others have sought to liberate people.
#119527 - 06/30/19 07:32 AM Re: Feelings on other religions than Christianity ? [Re: Eternal Darkness]
Dark One Offline
pledge

The only non-Abrahamic religion I really know anything much about is Buddhism. It does seem much more reasonable than Christianity and Islam to be honest, and I do like the focus on elevating unnecessary self created suffering. It goes a little bit too far in stating that all human life is suffering and must be ultimately escaped from over several reincarnations into some kind of baffling mystical state of non-being. With Satanism/paganism life is essentially good, we are good and we're happy where we are, we're not escaping anywhere.

Also if you're reincarnated as say a slug or whatever else at all I don't see how you're meant get back onto the track of mystical self annihilation, you're a bit stuck.

#119535 - 06/30/19 07:18 PM Re: Feelings on other religions than Christianity ? [Re: Dark One]
fiendish Offline

To me , Buddhism is the knowledge of everything, which is the same due to inadequacy. Further more, I'd hate it being reincarnated as a slug. There's still a game of hope, being reincarnated as a king, the president, something alike. In a way, all religions play with the minds, it has more to do about how willing you are to play their game.

Medulla oblongata

#119538 - 06/30/19 10:46 PM Re: Feelings on other religions than Christianity ? [Re: Dark One]
aeon6 Offline

Loc: København, Denmark
Funny how cats must go the same round of life 9 times over before moving on, according to that myth. But I'm confident in "upward mobility" if there is incarnating to be done. It would reflect the tendencies of evolution in general unless you consider entropy. To be advanced in one blink and then wake up as a fly seeing hexagons seems punitive almost.
#119985 - 08/28/19 07:30 PM Re: Feelings on other religions than Christianity ? [Re: aeon6]
Tanya Offline
lurker

Loc: NNJ
The religion I do respect is Buddhism. It is not just a religion, but a way of life. They teach you are responsible/accountable for your own feelings, you are responsible for the outcome(s) of your decision and accept it, do not blame others. You make your own path/destiny. If you are suffering, you are the root of what's going on. You also learn to be humble and not allow materialistic possessions to control your life. It teaches you to live life simply/humbly without being a slave to the system/government/corporations. This is MY opinion of Buddhism. Some may have a different view. I could never be a Buddhist bc I HATE insects; especially ants and flies.
Page 2 of 2 <12

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.029 seconds of which 0.013 seconds were spent on 24 queries. Zlib compression disabled.