Page 2 of 2 <12
Topic Options
#118432 - 02/05/19 09:08 PM Re: Defection [Re: Czereda]
Phoenician Offline

Loc: CA
 Quote:
like "Stay true to yourself" and "Listen to your heart" sound to me like most pragmatic in this case.

Unless you are me. Then you must trust the most disingenuous person ever on faith you are different and special.

Even if your heart says be guarded for glaring reasons you are still being a pussy. But only if you are me, I have different rules apparently.

#118442 - 02/06/19 09:21 AM Re: Defection [Re: Phoenician]
Czereda Offline

Loc: Poland
There is no MUST. I had some close friends I parted ways with years ago because they turned out to be pathetic jerks. Or perhaps, I was acting like a pathetic jerk. I didn't wrap my head around whose fault that was. Suffice to say each of us went their own way.

Each time you move on in your life, the old associates are replaced with new ones. Fuck, even the family isn't irreplaceable. Once my grandma and mom died, they were quickly replaced with the grandmas and grandpas I look after at work. They became a substitute family in no time.

It is possible to have friends who stay with you from the beginning till the end but these are rare cases. I have one such friend and it's the only one. But even such friendships can be broken. The point is the ability to find new associates and strike new friendships and allegiances. The ability to stay alone if there is a need for that is also important.

People in your life are as actors on the stage. They change with each act. What counts is being flexible and adapting to changes. Most of the tribes people form in the modern world are temporary. There is nothing to pledge loyalty to. If the old bonds no longer work for you, let them burn and don't look back.

Edited by Czereda (02/06/19 09:26 AM)

#118443 - 02/06/19 02:21 PM Re: Defection [Re: Czereda]
Phoenician Offline

Loc: CA
 Quote:
The point is the ability to find new associates and strike new friendships and allegiances.

Anyone can be a chameleon and go adapt to a new environment. You are taught from the outset how to go be like the others and belong. Consider yourself lucky if the others will not let you.

Like with a new job, you keep personable and say/expose as little as possible at first. Then slowly begin to assert yourself.

What can take you to disturbing Twin Peaks like places is deliberate isolation. When this happens the need for allies can be replaced by the GTA 'single player' approach. Life as a game on isolated expert mode. Commonality of goal with others is like a one-time pad.

Quote:
People in your life are as actors on the stage.  They change with each act.

And in act 5 everyone dies.

All our yesterday have lighted fools the way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle! Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player that struts and frets his hour upon the stage and then is heard no more.

Edited by Phoenician (02/06/19 02:35 PM)

#118444 - 02/06/19 02:51 PM Re: Defection [Re: XiaoGui17]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

The magic word is "self-interest".

Loyalty and honour only apply if there is self-interest.
Otherwise it is worth jackshit.

Few get that idea.
They love that moral high horse like fucking NPC's.

ROI.
That's the thing.

Everything else is play.

Page 2 of 2 <12

Moderator:  TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.018 seconds of which 0.007 seconds were spent on 18 queries. Zlib compression disabled.