stalker

Sex.

That's the short answer.
The longer answer is "sexual dynamics".

That's the baseline.

#118800 - 03/01/19 09:39 AM Re: An Urge to Impress [Re: Dimitri]
when7iseleven Offline

Loc: High Peak, UK
No, we are hardwired for REWARD, it is the baseline motive for everything that we do.

Based on the sum of our experiences we all have different needs for rewards & therefore do different things to attain them, but it is the reward that drives our actions.

Other than myself there are very few people I would want to "impress", & those that I might have nothing at all to do with my sexual desire.

#118804 - 03/01/19 10:30 PM Re: An Urge to Impress [Re: when7iseleven]
CanisMachina42 Offline
veteran member

Loc: CA
 Quote:
No, we are hardwired for REWARD, it is the baseline motive for everything that we do.

No, YOU may be hardwired for reward, I couldn't disagree more. In fact, I find it one of the most uncomfortable things to endure in certain circumstances.

Anecdotal argument:

I once pissed off this chick (when this place was at its apex) and to get back at me she decided to get everyone at work to subtly try to get me to "admit i was gay".  Half correct or not, beneficial or not, I did not want to. Especially under that subtle agitating bullshit method. Unfortunately, I said what they wanted to.

And it was like a switch flipped.

The thing that in gay culture is supposed to be the weight off the shoulders ended up:

"OH, so now you motherfuckers are going stop all your annoying little bullshit and be nice? Go fuck yourselves."

It was so infuriating and uncomfortable I retracted and started fucking this stripper chick I met.

The reward is null if it isn't, as they say, "in accordance with one's will".

The obligatory tie-in:

That said,  these O9A "initiates" are allegedly driven by a reward, that may come via 'breaking' to an external pressure. The myth of the one that breaks to the original gangster's demands and basks in their adulation and their own newfound bitchdom.

There are two schematics for wiring. The ironic applications (in the most shakespearean sense of that) will never go out of style. 

#118805 - 03/01/19 10:44 PM Re: An Urge to Impress [Re: when7iseleven]
aeon6 Offline

Loc: KÝbenhavn, Denmark
It confirms Pavlov and his canine bells.
We salivate at the slightest notion of a prize, but tragically so if we rely on "approval" to impress. Afterall sometimes the prize is just a stuffed animal, because the ethos of give-and-take is eroding generally. The reward will not always be proportionate to your imprint/intent, in which case it is a human dud worthy of no further waste. After awhile, is the desire to impress really such a vital "urge"?

#118815 - 03/03/19 09:24 AM Re: An Urge to Impress [Re: when7iseleven]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

The reward is a detail.
The gold medal is but a bit of piece of metal.

The true reward is to stand out.
To be the dominant one.
That makes others fall beneath you.
And makes you more attractive.

The end game is always sex.
Unless you believe that shit isn't hardwired in your genes.
And you belief yourself to be deviant from nature.

A total retard.

#118817 - 03/03/19 01:33 PM Re: An Urge to Impress [Re: Dimitri]
samowens84 Offline

Sex is a powerful drive.

It isn't the only one.

I for one feel it is more the engine rather than the motive.

#118828 - 03/04/19 05:27 AM Re: An Urge to Impress [Re: Dimitri]
when7iseleven Offline

As usual straight over your pretty little head.

The gold medal is a mere bauble, it is not the reward; even the winning of it is not the reward.

The reward is how it makes the winner feel.

Ask a medal winner where their medal is & most of them will not know, but they will be able to describe in minute detail how it felt to win it.

Even you little synopsis of what is the true reward is wrong; the reward is how whatever those attributes your list brings you makes you feel.

What's actually "hardwired" in to genes is breeding; how the pleasure of sex makes you feel is the reward......you getting it yet?

We are the dominant species on this planet because of reward.

#118832 - 03/04/19 01:14 PM Re: An Urge to Impress [Re: when7iseleven]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

You might read again.
Just saying.

Before you make an ass out of yourself.
Again.

#118842 - 03/05/19 11:48 AM Re: An Urge to Impress [Re: Dimitri]
when7iseleven Offline

I do get it, you're desperate to fill DD's boots but sadly for you for a man to walk in another man's shoes they at least need to be the same foot size.......assume the same can be said for boots.

Quite frankly you're just not up to scratch, Dan does it so much better than you.

#118853 - 03/06/19 09:12 AM Re: An Urge to Impress [Re: when7iseleven]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

No surprise some shit like Brexit is happening... and heading straight to the worst-case scenario.

If you can point out where my made point is something else WITHOUT some free interpretation of your fantasy.

Go right head.
Otherwise: shut up and go to a dentist.

#118886 - 03/11/19 08:59 AM Re: An Urge to Impress [Re: Dimitri]
when7iseleven Offline

A subject for another post but worst scenario for whom??

As someone who has had four years of dealing with the European Commission on Article 11 of the Council Regulation & Article 2 of the Commision Regulation I can tell you that the European Union is a broken enterprise run by technocrats who have never spent a day in the real world.

They are only interested in their own self agrandisement with companies that will give them a popular headline, the recent case against Google being a case in point; but something that won't grab the attention even if it is legally & morally correct will get only short shrift.........if you call four years short.

Have you ever been to a EU Parliamentary seesion??...if you want to see how broken the whole thing is then I suggest you do.

Back to the REWARD bit & I agree, I wasn't exactly clear so here goes:

Every & I mean every descision we make, sorry, every decision we think we make comes as a result of millions of transactions within our subconscious, weighing up the pros & cons of the possible outcomes of the decision & weighing up the alternative actions or decisions. This is derived from the outcomes of previously encountered similar situations.

Any single decision is based on what will give the best result for us (brain/self/organism) at that particular time; what will give us the greatest REWARD. We may subsequently come to the conclusion that was the wrong decision but will convince ourselves that the motive for making it was actually different from the motive that drove us to making the decision in the first place.

Every time we recall a memory the memory is rewritten with the chance that it is so with errors; the new memory becomes "the" memory helping us jusify any of our previous actions or decisions. Even these adjustments in the memory are made on the basis of REWARD; it is better to think of why you made that decision the way you think of it now, rather than the real reason you made it when you made it.

It's all about what is the REWARD now.

Why are we the most dominant species on the planet?? Because of the way our subconscious makes decisions; by the way our brain constantly looks for alternative actions or decisions, by its constant quetioning...........the stone age did not end due to a lack of stones.......it ended because a subconscious asked "What would be the REWARD if I....................??

#118901 - 03/12/19 08:15 PM Re: An Urge to Impress [Re: when7iseleven]
samowens84 Offline

You know, I enjoy a lot of these discussions. Exploring the nature of the universe is fun and fills me with wonder.

However, much of it I just regard as intellectual masterbation, especially when it comes to being "sinister."

My whole life I'd found early on that institutions are useless. They always wanted to try to cozy up to you to take away your humanity while preying on my feelings of isolation and frustration. And I mean early. At a certain point I regarded the whole machine as a worthless joke, and the only one capable of deciding that enough trauma for myself was going to be me, because sure as shit no one else was going to put on the breaks.

My quest was to use that anger to reclaim my own humanity and help others do the same.

I suspect that this was a blind spot for a lot of people who were trying to do the same. I'm geared towards protecting my humanity so much so that I became adept at understanding where my own personal human nature starts and stops. Where my humanness might be being violated and when it is being respected, so that "people pleasing" was never my issue. How I learned to be able to say yes or no without any false guilt that, to some degree, kept my karma clean.

Hiding became my thing, to protect my humanity against intrusive forces, even those who felt they had the best of intentions. What looked like "childishness" to some was to keep others confused and at bay while using false trails to confirm other people's intentions who I regarded as potentially hostile.

Institutions don't offer one their humanity, and you won't find it in Islam, Christianity, civil rights, or any other religions, Satanism being one of them.

What I find personally droll or amusing, as mean as it may sound to some, are otherwise other misfits, who, looking for some place to claim their humanity, hadn't quite learned their lesson on that yet.

No truth matters if it doesn't give you your humanity. That's the fundamental nature of wisdom, and for me that came from blind luck. That to some degree my place in society was so undermined that finding my humanity became the most important ambition for me, and my complete distrust of all institutions and my understanding of where my humanity ended and began put me powerfully in my center that I always knew where the knife was coming from.

Some called making myself personally invisible foolish, but it put me in my power and allowed me to be kind and loving to those who might consider themselves my enemies and still protect myself from them and use that understanding to put negative intentions in check. It is the only thing in the world worth having, and all other blessings come from that.

#118908 - 03/13/19 04:38 PM Re: An Urge to Impress [Re: samowens84]
Czereda Offline

Loc: Poland
Well... unless you live on some lonely island, you just have to deal with various institutions whether you want it or not. Some of them are quite useful.

Tribalism IS the part of everyone's humanity. That concerns also those who protest on every possible occasion that they are individuals.

#118909 - 03/13/19 06:28 PM Re: An Urge to Impress [Re: Czereda]
samowens84 Offline

Engaging with them might be inevitable, but giving away one's humanity is optional. If one doesn't have something to offer, then perhaps losing yourself is the only offering a person might have. However, if one has something others desire, like the opportunity to regain one's humanity, then one has the opportunity to gain leverage over the institution, because you have something they want, otherwise they wouldn't exist. If you're wise and powerful then one can regain one's sense of power while engaging with the institution without giving oneself away.

That third way. Don't feel bad if you hadn't thought about it. You're not all knowing ;\)

Or perhaps you weren't beaten into a dissociative state where all you had was your humanity.

That fucking male privilege again lol

The difference between me and some is that I understood from an earlier age that I had no friends unless I had leverage, and so that gave me a unique ability to see human nature for what it is, while some are given the luxury to pretend that they have friends and so get foolish by getting drunk on "truth." My perspective anyway.

I don't feel that makes someone a bad person though. Sometimes in my life I've had to do the best I could with what I knew until someone showed me a better way. I admit, I don't forgive betrayal very easily but in my lonely existence I had learned to expect it and adapt to love others anyway with what I have. Any "betrayal" is more like "of course they did that." However my attitude is I'm sometimes capable of inspiring others to be better. I begin with the assumption that most people are betraying dissolutioned fuck heads and then go about being my best self anyway knowing I'm powerful enough to deflexr any negative intentions that may come my way. I may on occasion be dissolutioned with others, but never with myself. And the universe always seems to reward me for giving unconditional love by dissociating from the approval of others and trusting the universe instead.

Everything is connected to the universe, and it's how I've learned to personally escape depending on the recognition of human institutions because they are just as beholden to the universe as anyone else.

The center of the universe seems to be love in my experience, and all others are beholden to that truth. Even the institutions you seem to insist are "inescapable."

If one decides to depend on a lover or an institution instead of that, you've already lost.

Edited by samowens84 (03/13/19 07:02 PM)

#118910 - 03/13/19 08:42 PM Re: An Urge to Impress [Re: Czereda]
samowens84 Offline

Originally Posted By: Czereda
Well... unless you live on some lonely island, you just have to deal with various institutions whether you want it or not. Some of them are quite useful.

Tribalism IS the part of everyone's humanity. That concerns also those who protest on every possible occasion that they are individuals.

I know that a part of someone like you might wait for me to break down in a fit of tears and sentimentality to admit defeat and make you feel like you were right all along, but I'm not going to do that. The reason being is that's not in your interests or anyone elses interests to do so. Human nature is such that people would rather be right then have a good life a lot of times. Personally I would rather people have a good life and hate me for being right than to enable suffering and be loved for it.

The latter is to me the moral failing of a people pleaser who may be more determined to be loved than to do the right thing. The danger being they'd let their families perish and die as long as they love them for it. And that makes me sad, because I know some people are better than that, but haven't escaped that bad habit yet, possibly.

Page 2 of 3 <123>

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.025 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.