Page 2 of 11 <12345>Last »
Topic Options
#1592 - 11/08/07 12:37 PM Re: Growing up 80's [Re: Asmedious]
Sinistar Offline

Loc: New York City
Oops, thought you were from the city. You just strike me as so cosmopolitan =)!

I guess you had the inside track on how the other half lived. I remember that the media used to portray the Soviets as having no lives and just living to see the destruction of Americans. The media also portrayed the Communists as doing all the propoganda. Wow, I believed what I was told when I was 13! Stupid puberty stricken kid crushing on Sheena Easton.

I didn't have my mullet until about late '88. My sister has an old picture and once threatened to blackmail me with it once but once she saw that I had no shame, the fun died...

#1670 - 11/10/07 01:04 PM Re: Growing up 80's [Re: Sinistar]
Meq Offline
Banned

I have the motherboard of a Commodore Amiga 500 on my wall.
The one I got as a kid back in '89.
What is interesting is that it actually has a chip called Paula \:D

They don't make 'em like that anymore.

That brand of computer had a peculiar hippie influence though - on crashing, it gave the message "Guru Meditation"...

Though I believe the Atari ST was more popular with musicians due to its sound features.

#1747 - 11/11/07 01:08 PM Re: Growing up 80's [Re: Meq]
Sinistar Offline

I guess that makes me just a tad bit older than you, Paula. My ex-girlfriend had the Amiga and we were 17 at the time! I just imagine if all the stuff out nowadays was out back then. I would've probably stayed out of a lot of trouble or I would've gotten myself in other types of trouble.

Yes, Asmedious. We were soooo cool back then.

I just downloaded some Celtic Frost, Bauhaus, and Christian Death to my i-pod...

#1927 - 11/15/07 06:43 PM Re: Growing up 80's [Re: Sinistar]
jesusbeater Offline
pledge

Loc: Ireland
saw c.h.u.d. for the first time in ages last night.Fuck....it was farworse than I remembered and it was one of these weird 80's movies that was a kinda debut for some actors who are slightly more famous i.e the guy out of home alone, john goodman and the chap that became chandlers bos in friends.What a bunch of megastars.

I think thats the worse thing about nostalgia, that when you actually return to something you have fond memories of you will be ultimately disappointed ( quiet like sex with a dead horse ).

Same thing happened to me with he man and don't get me started on the fucking go bots.

#1982 - 11/17/07 07:14 PM Re: Growing up 80's [Re: jesusbeater]
Circus_Hell Offline
stranger

Loc: Sydney Australia
Hmmm, the eighties for me were bands like The Cure, Iron Maiden, The Divinyls, Faith no more,INXS, Eurythmics, I'll stop there or I'll go on for pages.

Movies that stand out for me are The Friday the Thirteenth series, Any of the treasured works by Cheech and Chong, and my favourite gang movies of all time The Wanderers and on a darker note, The Warriors.

Probably the worst fashion of all in my lifetime so far, and much to my disdain, it's all come back. Bubble skirts, spray on jeans with high tops (laces undone of course) Heavy Metal Patches on denim jackets *shudders* and bloody flouro *covers eyes in order not to get retina damage*

Oh and who could forget LIVE AID

#2079 - 11/20/07 09:41 AM Re: Growing up 80's [Re: jesusbeater]
Sinistar Offline

I guess that we might be spoiled by movies with better special effects and better storylines nowadays. Although, you've got to appreciate the "rawness" in these new classics. I loved "CHUD"!

"The Warriors" is another classic. My favorite gang in that movie was the Turnbull A.C.'s. Who didn't love the Turnbull A.C.'s? Unless you liked that mime gang...

#2086 - 11/20/07 03:42 PM Re: Growing up 80's [Re: Sinistar]
Circus_Hell Offline
stranger

Who remembers movies such as

*Surf Nazis must die
*Mad Max, beyond Thunderdome
*Salute of the Jugger

If I could time travel back to the eighties, I would annihilate Steven Segal, not just for his crappy movies, but also for his stupid looking head.

#2110 - 11/21/07 11:17 AM Re: Growing up 80's [Re: Circus_Hell]
Asmedious Moderator Offline

Loc: New York
Stephen Segal is the coolest. I love his fighting style. Quick and efficient, non of the fake stuff with camera trickery.
Also, when it comes to general demenor, well, hell, the guy is almost as cool as I am. ;\)

#2117 - 11/21/07 05:28 PM Re: Growing up 80's [Re: Asmedious]
Circus_Hell Offline
stranger

I have to agree with you about the fighting style,it was particularly efficient throughout his marriage lol. However the running through exploding trains only inches ahead of the fire?

I'd like to know what hair products he used. Or was that a fibreglass wig????

#2157 - 11/23/07 07:44 AM Re: Growing up 80's [Re: Circus_Hell]
jesusbeater Offline
pledge

Loc: Ireland
really liked him in nico and can appreciate his jiu jitsu but just cannot forgive him for his evil band.Think they played a while back here and the gig was cancelled because of extremely bad ticket sales.
The real man was Michael Dudikoff(Or whatever he's called), the American Ninja, I still fear the dreaded red ninja

#5306 - 03/11/08 05:47 PM Re: Growing up 80's [Re: Circus_Hell]
666 Offline
Banned
stranger

Loc: india
i like ozzy osbourn heaven and hell.,black sabbath
#5307 - 03/11/08 07:05 PM Re: Growing up 80's [Re: 666]
666 Offline
Banned
stranger

Loc: india
 Originally Posted By: 666
i wonder if we can retrieve back our childhood those days of care-free lapse of reason., seemed to have lot of time in our hands but death make you to belive in after-life, i remember .,flower children of 60's., thedoors,jimmy hendriks,ozzy osbourn .,heaven and hell.,black sabbath.,the end of innocence., dead people,i like ozzy osbourn's heaven and hell.,black sabbath

#5364 - 03/12/08 07:14 AM Re: Growing up 80's [Re: 666]
Isaak w shipley Offline

Loc: Tenneessee
I was a 90s freaky grunge skateboarding grass smoking cobain and
manson fan.I always loved my brothers guns n roses,ozzy ozbourne and pyromania influences.I had the butterfly affect at a young age.I dabbled in costume jewelry.The black flagg attitude and
jerking my chain to my favorite honey maddonna>Love you sill to this day!! I remember a time when life was so simple.Meaning when your only care was skating on the catwalk and looking at latenight videos.I began my big transformation and things got complicated.I was a loser to the girls in school.I had not alot of money or friends.The friends i had always hazed me inside the commons area.I was nothing to them.Now they are all "spun"broke and down.I am stronger and never looked so good.Its strange that
the people in the schools where i went now are screwed and im thiving.I had to grow up fast.Sticking myself so forth.
I never realize that my mind growth didnt match my body growth until some one said your too smart for your age.12yrs old and go on 27.I miss those dayz of NIB and sweetleaf>Ironman and Irongutwhiskey.Johnny walker Black label society.Big hair spray
and kocaine ladies. humanity Bless the 80s+

"Creativity is the eye of the beholder" mE.............

#5368 - 03/12/08 09:05 AM Re: Growing up 80's [Re: 666]
LUCIFERIFIC Offline

Loc: CA
I wasn't even alive during most of the 80's. But I likes 80's music. I grew up during the 90's in the ghettos around gangsta rap (which I like) and stuff like that. There was Pee-Wee Herman and Captain Planet.

Captain Planet was the most retarded green party propaganda cartoon ever. He was such a flamer too.

The only thing on tv in the 90 during my growing up years were talk shows; like Jerry Springer.

My generation had cell fones and the internet, something we grew into. I can't picture a time without either; like what did people do before text messaging, and IMing?

We're the best generation.

Edited by LUCIFERIFIC (03/12/08 09:19 AM)

~~352~~

#5373 - 03/12/08 10:36 AM Re: Growing up 80's [Re: fakepropht]
TheMask Offline

Originally Posted By: Fist
For my part, I would recommend the following movies:

Romper Stomper

I dont really understand how Romper Stomper could show how the 80s "used" to be. Could you explain please?

Originally Posted By: fakepropht
2. GG Allin. Didn't care if anyone came to his shows. Could care less if he made a nickel. Wasn't worried the cops were waiting for him outside. He threatened to kill himself at the next show more times than I can count. Crapped himself, pissed himself.

GG Allin is a comical genius. xD I have yet to see "Hated".

I myself was born in the late 80s and grew up during the 90s. I never liked the 80s much, the 90s was always my favourite decade. Everything was good back then when it comes to TV, music and games. I love it. Most of those things now are basically shit.

Page 2 of 11 <12345>Last »

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.026 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.