Page 6 of 11 « First<45678>Last »
Topic Options
#6194 - 03/22/08 01:38 PM Re: lucirrus [Re: LUCIFERIFIC]
frank Offline
stranger

Loc: Malta
yes i see that film and scarface, thats my type now you can see how you make money but here you need to feed many pepeol and you can stay cool. whit out ABC no problems

#6195 - 03/22/08 01:44 PM Re: lucirrus [Re: frank]
LUCIFERIFIC Offline

Loc: CA
 Originally Posted By: frank
yes i see that film and scarface, thats my type now you can see how you make money but here you need to feed many pepeol and you can stay cool. whit out ABC no problems

Yes! Scarface!! Now we're talking Frank. No more public posts about this though. I'll Private Message you; we'll talk about this there. Some people here aren't open to your level of literacy like me. They fail to see past it. You'll fit in with my crowd of Satanists. I'll send you to a safer site.

Edited by LUCIFERIFIC (03/22/08 01:45 PM)

~~352~~

#6196 - 03/22/08 01:48 PM Re: lucirrus [Re: LUCIFERIFIC]
frank Offline
stranger

ok for me..... like nike.... just do it

#6219 - 03/22/08 09:59 PM Re: lucirrus [Re: LUCIFERIFIC]
ta2zz Offline
veteran member

Loc: Connecticut
 Originally Posted By: LUCIFERIFIC
You'll fit in with my crowd of Satanists. I'll send you to a safer site.

Good Bye Frank... ;\)

#6826 - 03/31/08 10:28 AM Re: lucirrus [Re: ta2zz]
Sinistar Offline

Loc: New York City
Spoke too soon, he's back and he brought pictures...

Edited by Sinistar (03/31/08 10:28 AM)

#6838 - 03/31/08 11:54 AM Re: lucirrus [Re: Sinistar]
frank Offline
stranger

SO WHAT!!!!

Yes Im back whats the problem ???????

#7112 - 04/03/08 04:56 AM Re: lucirrus [Re: frank]
Sinistar Offline

Not that my grammar is perfect, but yours showed a marked improvement all of a sudden. I'm glad I could help.

#7536 - 04/12/08 05:43 AM Re: Growing up 80's [Re: LUCIFERIFIC]
Sinistar Offline

I hate being a stickler for this sort of thing but here goes: That musical genius Vanilla Ice was more 1990 and "Planet of the Apes" was more 70's. Next time bring up Milli Vanilli and we're in business! I might be a slacker Gen Xer, but I do remember the important stuff...

The "V" movies were awesome and kept the viewer hooked. The series left a lot to be desired, though.

#7748 - 04/15/08 08:50 AM Re: Growing up 80's [Re: Asmedious]
Xutech Offline
stranger

Loc: Australia
The Automan TV show was special. Max Headroom. ALF. He-man and the masters of the universe. The dungeons and dragons cartoon show. Red dawn. Mega-force (with chuck norris). Footloose. Mannequin. Robotech, Gummi bears and Cabbage patch kids. Garbage pail kids. All the pastel clothes. Reaganomics. Gorbachov. The Hind helicopter gunship. Scrunchies, caps and bike straps. Bike pants. Learning computers. Tape deck personal computers.
New romantic music.

Sigh.

When I was a kid, we all knew that sooner or later we were going to go to war with Russia. Cuba and a whole bunch of other countries were gonna help share nukes and troops with each other as well. It was pretty much a given. Everything on TV and every movie had some kind of reference to the idea. It was considered pretty revolutionary to have a movie where a Russian wouldn't be a robotic asshole, like in Spies like us and even Red Heat with Arnie. When a Russian / the KGB wasn't the evil mastermind, they were supporting them secretly, like in Rambo 2. When I was a kid I used to read a lot about the weirdness like the physic training that the Russians and Americans were rumoured to be testing, or the chimpazee pilots that were gonna be used for fighter planes. Computer magazines and books talked about a future in which games would seem so realistic that you'd sit in a box surrounded by screens and think you were really there.

Even though there was a lot of new stuff, I remember being really bored. Deep down we were still very repressed, and there were a lot of conservative ideas under the surface. The new war on drugs was starting to get into PR, with things like Nancy Reagan dropping by "Diffrent strokes" to talk about drugs, and computer games like NARC selling the idea that weird south americans were making factories to sell us giant syringes full of crazy drugs.

Today is very much like then, but we were more naieve. It seems there's very little room for creativity now. The coverage of wars are a lot more tightly edited then they used to be. There are a lot less opportunities for individuals to make a huge shift in personal fortune. We also no longer trust in the idea that our employer will hire us for the rest of our lives.

#7787 - 04/16/08 12:13 AM Re: Growing up 80's [Re: Xutech]
ZephyrGirl Offline
R.I.P.

Loc: Adelaide Australia
 Quote:
We also no longer trust in the idea that our employer will hire us for the rest of our lives.

I have highlighted this quote because I both agree and disagree with it.

I don't think this is primarily the fault of the employer, but the employee that we no longer have life long careers. Hell you can have 3 or 4 different careers in this day and age and you so please.

Actually faithfulness all around is less common these days, not just at work, but at home, lovers, friends and just about everything in our lives. Hell, most people are more faithful to their favourite TV station than anything else in their life.

Zeph

#7827 - 04/16/08 05:52 PM Re: lucirrus [Re: LUCIFERIFIC]
Devilwolf Offline
lurker

Loc: Los Angeles
The 80's.... The Reagan Paranoia, the rise of the Religious Right and the Religious Left. Free Punk converts in Golden Gate Park in San Fran. Satanists under every rock, bush, and day care center. Fone Phreaking, and Hacking. Underground BBS systems. 2600 magazine.
#9315 - 06/01/08 07:36 PM Re: Growing up 80's [Re: Fist]
fakepropht Moderator Offline
Big Slick

Loc: Texas
If you get the movie channel Starz Edge, check out the documentary American Hardcore . It follows the birth of hardcore from the late 70s-early 80s up to it's demise and change in late '86. Great bands, great footage, great live shots. For those of us in my age demographic, it was like taking a walk down memory lane. Fist, lots of footage of the local DC area bands, and I think some footage shot in the old 9:30 club. This documentary sums up what this thread is all about.

#9322 - 06/02/08 10:23 AM Re: Growing up 80's [Re: fakepropht]
Fist Moderator Offline
veteran member

Loc: B'mo Cautious MF
Yes, I saw saw it a few months ago. It is funny to see 'old' everybody looks. My wife and laugh at the prospect people in a retirement home with 14" blue 'hawks.'

#24897 - 05/22/09 09:58 AM Re: Growing up 80's [Re: Asmedious]
ELTOURER Offline
stranger

Loc: California
Fast Times at Ridgemont High pretty much sums up my 80's life, and the 80's as well.

Breakfast Club is a close second though.

And remember the Metal? Ozzy, Dio, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, The Scorpions, Motley Crue, Black Sabbath, and so many more. An amzing time to grow up indeed.

Oh, and back then MTV actually played videos 24/7/365.

#25411 - 06/05/09 08:46 PM Re: Growing up 80's [Re: ELTOURER]
Castello Offline
Moron - Banned
stranger

When Adidas was probably making the best clouths humanity will ever know.
Page 6 of 11 « First<45678>Last »

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.027 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.