Page 9 of 11 « First<7891011>
Topic Options
#41714 - 08/10/10 01:17 PM Re: Oh, that's just Jake ... [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
Jake999 Offline

I guess I could always park it in the trunk of my Town Car or use it as some kind of hood ornament.

I'm not that impressed with Mercedes... not my kind of thing.

#41718 - 08/10/10 02:08 PM Re: Growing up 80's [Re: Fist]
Knievel74 Offline

Loc: NY
Some of my favorite films from the 80's were, The Terminator, Escape From New York (being from NY I was particularly proud of that title), John Carpenter's: The Thing (although the original is a classic), Friday The 13th, A Nightmare On Elm St., The Hidden (a very underrated film), Predator, Blade Runner, Return Of The Living Dead, Tron.

Some of my favorite arcade games were, Defender, Asteroids, Joust, Turbo, Dig Dug, Missle Command. I've spent a TON of my parents money on that stuff.

Having been born in '69, I'm glad that I was around for some of the 70's too. I have some fond memories from that era as a child. But that's for another thread \:\)

#41777 - 08/11/10 09:55 AM Re: Growing up 80's [Re: Knievel74]
Lamar Offline

Loc: Alabama
I grew up 90's. I enjoyed the things from that time period little more than slighty than the 80's. Being brought up in a christian background, we still new how to jam (even if the bands were from the 80's haha), we had Whitecross, Bride, Novella, Exalt, Stryper etc. psh, and Carman!
#41788 - 08/11/10 01:26 PM Jake's Next Wheels [Re: Jake999]
Michael A.Aquino Offline
stalker

Loc: San Francisco, CA, USA
 Originally Posted By: Jake999
I guess I could always park it in the trunk of my Town Car or use it as some kind of hood ornament.

I'm not that impressed with Mercedes... not my kind of thing.

OK, let's try again American.

And there are at least a few cars which can defeat your Town Car trunk ...

#41791 - 08/11/10 01:47 PM Re: Jake's Next Wheels [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
Jake999 Offline

Cadillac... I had a Cadillac in 2002. The first transmission blew at about Nyack, on the way to Reno.

The second transmission blew in Vallejo, 16 days later.

The THIRD transmission started slipping a month after that.

I sold it and it's no longer something I would even consider.

#41792 - 08/11/10 01:53 PM Re: Growing up 80's [Re: Knievel74]
Michael A.Aquino Offline
stalker

Originally Posted By: Knievel74
Some of my favorite films from the 80's were ... The Hidden (a very underrated film)

As noted earlier, it certainly showed you how to take a relaxing drive through L.A. in a Ferrari. And is additional proof that in all cop movies, including alien-hunting ones, it is always necessary to visit a strip club at least once.

#41878 - 08/12/10 07:30 PM Re: Growing up 80's [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
Knievel74 Offline

Loc: NY
 Originally Posted By: Michael A.Aquino
 Originally Posted By: Knievel74
Some of my favorite films from the 80's were ... The Hidden (a very underrated film)

As noted earlier, it certainly showed you how to take a relaxing drive through L.A. in a Ferrari. And is additional proof that in all cop movies, including alien-hunting ones, it is always necessary to visit a strip club at least once.

LOL! Absolutely. That was probably the last of the great car chase scenes in films. Also, if the fanboys who used to watch Babylon 5 knew that the actress, Claudia Christian played the stipper, they'd bust a nut \:\)

#44811 - 12/10/10 04:57 AM Re: Growing up 80's [Re: Fist]
Clarence Offline
pledge

The 80's? Christina Amphlett!

When I think about her, I touch myself... Ooohh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wv-34w8kGPM

I grew up on a diet of 80's slasher films... Nightmare on Elm St, Halloween, Friday the 13th. But it was Heathers that really captured the decade, for me at least:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEeQpejFbYA

(The trailer is pretty dull until the 38 - 40 second mark, then it gets interesting.)

#44835 - 12/11/10 06:38 AM Re: Growing up 80's [Re: Clarence]
Simon Jester Offline
stranger

I love digging through youtube to find all the really terrible 80's music videos...

Cindi Lauper, Bananarama... and The Bangles! This crap is unbelievable. If you didn't live through it or your memory is fading I would definitely suggest starting with Walk Like an Egyptian:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5N7RNQUKts

P.S. Yes, I still have a thing for the lead singer from The Bangles \:\) That hair! I also thought Linda hamilton was kinda hot. Kylie, Madonna...

#44836 - 12/11/10 07:27 AM Re: Growing up 80's [Re: Simon Jester]
Clarence Offline
pledge

Quote:
Cindi Lauper, Bananarama... and The Bangles!

LMFAO! Glad to see I'm not the only one.

Quote:
Yes, I still have a thing for the lead singer from The Bangles That hair! I also thought Linda hamilton was kinda hot. Kylie, Madonna...

Wooahh Heaven is... Belinda Carlisle! Is it just me? So sexy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ei1efsbl19A

Seeing that we've veered so far into camp territory, it would be terribly remiss not to give George Michael his due. NB - contains gratuitous ass shaking - Baaaby!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqepCssCPT0

I've always hoped that The Veronicas would cover some bangles stuff. Nothing thus far \:\(

#44846 - 12/11/10 01:21 PM Re: Growing up 80's [Re: Clarence]
Michael A.Aquino Offline
stalker

Originally Posted By: Clarence
I've always hoped that The Veronicas would cover some bangles stuff. Nothing thus far \:\(

Your two YouTube links apparently don't work in the USA, but here's a great Bangles video that should. What a great bunch of girls having a great time being talented!

#44859 - 12/11/10 10:03 PM Re: Growing up 80's [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
Clarence Offline
pledge

Thanks for that Dr. A. It's one of my faves :).

Susanna Hoffs is still amazing at 50 - odd years of age. I saw them live earlier this year. Great fun.

#44868 - 12/12/10 02:15 AM Re: Growing up 80's [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
Simon Jester Offline
stranger

The first video Clarence gave is Belinda Carliles' Heaven Is a Place on Earth.

The second is of course George Michaels' legendary "Faith" - with all of the pelvic thrusting and shaking he could muster... Elvis would have been proud!

We seem to share a bout of nostalgia for this stuff. I am terminally inconsolable having missed the recent Bangles tour. Oh well.

#44936 - 12/14/10 09:43 PM Re: Growing up 80's [Re: Simon Jester]
Nyte Offline

Loc: Ohio
Centipede, Astroids, Dig Dug and of course Pacman! But Centipede was the best, by far.

The Breakfast Club, Fast Times at Ridgemont High, Full Metal Jacket, Platoon, Nightmare on Elm Street, Friday the 13th, Stand by Me, Cadyshack, Taps, Risky Business, Ferris Bueller's Day Off, Ghost Busters, The Blues Brothers, and the list goes on and on!!

And the music, where to even start.....Triumph, Bad Company, Kiss, Poison, AC/DC, .38 Special, Scorpions, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, Bon Jovi, Motley Crew, Guns and Roses, Judas Priest, Twisted Sister, Cinderella, White Snake, Great White, Billy Idol, Billy Joel, Dokken, Def Leppard, Eric Clapton, Heart, Fleetwood Mac, David Bowie, Aerosmith, Van Halen, Phil Collins, Genesis, U2, The Police, Iron Maiden, Rush, ZZ Top, Rolling Stones, and the list goes on.....

I know a lot of those bands started long before and continues on well after, but the music they made in the '80's..... just nothing like it. Oh the BIG hair.....1/2 a bottle of hair spray just to start.

The things we remember.

#44944 - 12/15/10 03:45 AM Re: Growing up 80's [Re: Clarence]
manofsteel Offline

Loc: Indiana U.S.
It's funny you say that about the slasher films cause I still think to this day that they are the best. I love Jason, Freddy, Michael and good old leatherface. Besides it would get a girl to snuggle up with you when they are scared shitless. HA HA had to say that.

Page 9 of 11 « First<7891011>

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.027 seconds of which 0.003 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.