Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#118903 - 03/13/19 07:25 AM Advice regarding Satanist clients
PoisonPen Offline
lurker

Hey, folks. I'm a Jungian mystic and a professional tarot reader. As a Jungian, I regard the supernatural elements of the occult as a form of applied psychology, with the purpose of my readings being to explore the unconscious rather than telling fortunes. I have been renovating a storefront and am about to open my very own tarot parlour in a couple of weeks.

Asking around at the already-existing tarot parlours where I live, I've discovered that none of them will work with Satanic or Goetic paradigms, not wanting to be involved in what they regard as "negative energy." As a Jungian not only doesn't this bother me, working with the Shadow and eventually developing a way to find unity with it is one of the primary goals. For this reason, I'm happy to work with Satanists or esoteric demonologists or demonolaters.

My question is this: how do I let potential clients know that I am accepting of Satanists and other left-hand pathers without scaring away all the rest of my clients, most of whom get their knowledge of Satanism from horror movies?

#118904 - 03/13/19 11:41 AM Re: Advice regarding Satanist clients [Re: PoisonPen]
Kori Houghton Offline

Loc: East Coast USA
 Originally Posted By: PoisonPen
Hey, folks. I'm a Jungian mystic and a professional tarot reader.

You are, at best, an entertainer.

As a Jungian, I regard the supernatural elements of the occult as a form of applied psychology, with the purpose of my readings being to explore the unconscious rather than telling fortunes. I have been renovating a storefront and am about to open my very own tarot parlour in a couple of weeks.

You must be a well-paid entertainer.

Asking around at the already-existing tarot parlours where I live, I've discovered that none of them will work with Satanic or Goetic paradigms, not wanting to be involved in what they regard as "negative energy." As a Jungian not only doesn't this bother me, working with the Shadow and eventually developing a way to find unity with it is one of the primary goals. For this reason, I'm happy to work with Satanists or esoteric demonologists or demonolaters.

I'm sure you are.

My question is this: how do I let potential clients know that I am accepting of Satanists and other left-hand pathers without scaring away all the rest of my clients, most of whom get their knowledge of Satanism from horror movies?

You've already admitted to being a "professional" scam artist, but you don't how to run it?

Not a professional, it seems.

The smart psychics, readers, and advisors are opening Etsy shops. Very low overhead, and access to the stupidest internet customer base. Ever.

#118905 - 03/13/19 01:59 PM Re: Advice regarding Satanist clients [Re: Kori Houghton]
CanisMachina42 Offline
veteran member

Loc: Ca
 Quote:

You don't. That's not the demographic to exploit for personal profit. You want to set up near a youthful nightlife district. You need the girl who is afraid of commitment and whose shadow sabotages every relationship. Then you can uncover the trauma of her dad abandoning her together, if you're so Jungian inclined.

And dont worry Satanism really isn't synonymous with asking for guidence from a mystic.
11:56 PM July, 1st 2019
Wrote Signature

#118907 - 03/13/19 03:10 PM Re: Advice regarding Satanist clients [Re: CanisMachina42]
samowens84 Offline

No. The arrogance of "Satanists" thinking they know it all make them easy prey for a mystic. The unconscious assumption some never question is their own superiority and others being inferior, especially the pretentious mystic. Being overtly pretentious would be the ideal manipulative tactic, because that would make the Satanist feel more secure in their power, while attempting to prove themselves to the "fake" one to satisfy their lack of self love through the counterfeit of narcissistic supply, while the "pretentious" mystic is able to gain entry through the cultivated indifference of his or her "superiors."

That doesn't mean he or she doesn't have the best interests of his or her prey at heart. In fact, he or she may be sincere, and may take pleasure in telling his or her prey the truth about what his intentions. While his prey imagine that they are going along in bad faith, the "pretentious" mystic is a man or woman of his or her word and, to the narcissistic horror of his prey, discover he or she is wise and powerful enough to keep is or her word.

The would be predator turned prey suddenly realizes that the one he or she was hunting had him or her pegged from day one. That her own moral bankruptcy and arrogance had allowed him or her to be duped into the person she always wanted to be.

One possible ending: Her shame disallows her from facing the "mystic." She can't face feeling like a fool or that she betrayed such a strong and loving heart for a worthless piece of shit. Although feeling grateful, she imagines that his or her shame allows her the solitude to preserve her sense of freedom and prefers that to a loving union.

Possible ending 2: She discovers the mystic knew her heart all along and finds the reunion to be healing and cathartic and they become friends, knowing that the "mystic's" prior knowledge meant that he or she knew what she was engaging with and has no unresolved vengeful feelings. And that it was only about making good on making a better world and to shame the wise so that others can regain their humanity. That in his heart he had forgiven her from day one, but that the anger and natural hatred was useful energy to do the work.

And so they reconcile as two individuals and friends.

Or perhaps not. To protect his or her heart he might assume the first ending as more likely while optimistically hoping for the second one.

Either way he kept his honor and has no bad intentions towards the other because he kept his word and at the very least shamed the false wisdom of the other, and protecting his family is satisfying enough that his partner in crime may resolve to feel ashamed and lurk in the shadows if she wished, knowing with regret he had more guts to stay the person she wished she could be, while recognizing that her self betrayal was terrible enough that he or she doesn't need to act badly anymore.

How this is done is to strip them of the false security and false identities that her kidnappers had done. Show their families how she had betrayed them, and then reveal to her that her family loves her unconditionally while simultaneously revealing the heinous nature of those she thought were her friends, while empowering her with the wisdom and strength to reconcile with her friends and family and walk away from those who used that information to blackmail her into continuous ongoing betrayal.

While revealing to her that she has the power and potential to redeem herself and doesn't need anyone for protection and can love and regain her pride and honor with her head held high, now knowing her redemption was in her own hands all along.

Edited by samowens84 (03/13/19 03:42 PM)

#118913 - 03/14/19 12:42 AM Re: Advice regarding Satanist clients [Re: samowens84]
PoisonPen Offline
lurker

[gatekeeping intensifies]

A bit curious why I got so much hostility. I'm not a con artist, I'm a mystic. In Aristotle's model, the three sources of knowledge are empiricism (science), rationalism (philosophy), and revelation (mysticism). Mysticism is the use of non-conscious processes such as intuition or dreams or insight to obtain knowledge. I am very clear with querents that what I do has nothing to do with the supernatural, and take the time to explain the process of apophenia, in which their unconscious projects itself onto the tarot cards rather than the cards themselves having any inherent meaning.

Yes, I make money doing it. When my landlord stops charging rent and the supermarket stops demanding money for food, I will cheerfully give my services away for free to those who want or need them. Until then, I don't feel any guilt for charging money for my time and the expertise it took me decades to acquire in reading body language and mastering the shamanic skills involved in invoking archetypes.

#118914 - 03/14/19 01:00 AM Re: Advice regarding Satanist clients [Re: PoisonPen]
samowens84 Offline

What part was hostile, or, more importantly, which aspect did you feel was particularly hostile toward you?

And what, exactly, do you mean by "money."

I'm sure we both can agree that a person's soul and body is inviolable and isn't what you mean by "money," correct?

Don't worry, I don't expect you to have the nerve to answer that question directly.

If you did, it would reveal you to be indifferent to human rights. If you don't, it implies you know that to answer that question in the affirmative is morally wrong and repugnant to anyone with a clear moral lense.

But don't worry, this is a "satanic" forum and you would look cool and sinister to deny the need to respect human rights and look totally sinister dude.

Come on. Cool points are a waiting. ;\)

But in all seriousness my flippant response reflects my droll attitude towards some perspectives of spirituality.

One African American man once said that he believed that black folks had a stronger sense of spirituality than those of European ancestry.

I don't discuss my personal contempt of this attitude because I expect my private thoughts to fall on deaf ears. Especially the irony of the above statement.

A person who claims such adeptness in spirituality but reduces it to the three dimensional for mundane exchange is to me, with all due respect, privately laughable and I scoff at this notion quite often.

It implies a fake, a huckster, pretender and fraud who doesn't understand the true governing dynamics of how the universe works, else they would know the universe would repay that positive energy in kind without need or expectation from the individual they are serving.

To assume otherwise is to betray a limited mind unworthy of practicing "magic."

Edited by samowens84 (03/14/19 01:31 AM)

#118915 - 03/14/19 03:00 AM Re: Advice regarding Satanist clients [Re: samowens84]
samowens84 Offline

But don't worry. Other's suffer fools more gladly than I.

And unfortunately there are some good hearted women who are prone to codependent foolishness who sometimes lack the ability to discern a good hearted person from a person with no character and no redeemable value.

Someone who might be capable of betraying someone they love to try to redeem someone who lacks evidence of a soul.

Edited by samowens84 (03/14/19 03:15 AM)

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.014 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 20 queries. Zlib compression disabled.