Page 7 of 7 « First<34567
Topic Options
#12153 - 10/02/08 09:02 PM Re: Modern Satanism isnt it just.... [Re: lux]
Nemesis Offline

Loc: US
Lux,

Why is it that thus far you have started only one thread, and all of your replies have been confined to this one? If you really wanted to understand Satanism, you would have posted in other areas of the forum, asking different questions, in order to compile a more rounded-out view of this group of people/philosophy you claim to want to know more about.

On that point, you really didn't ask very in-depth questions, but instead have gone on at length about YOUR beliefs, YOUR rules and laws, YOUR ideals of society. You've done little else but counter our logical arguments with subjective questions, ones that bear little in relation to the topic at hand. For instance, in an earlier post, I'd asked you to read an article about the possiblity that certain people may be genetically predisposed to believe in a higher power, while others may not. Not only did you have ZERO opinion on that, but you cut and pasted a quote I made, and asked me if I wanted to believe in God. WHAT THE FUCK DOES THAT HAVE TO DO WITH THE DISCUSSION? If I lack the so-called "God Gene", it wouldn't be a matter of WANT, it would be a matter of PHYSIOLOGICAL INABILITY. That, and halfway through this thread you make the outrageous statement that you think YOU know more about Satanism than WE do! That's just too goddamned funny.

No, I think that you came here to prove a point in your own mind, to yourself, to reaffirm whatever it is you put your belief in, to reassure yourself that you are in the right and we are so very in the wrong, whether you want to be a grownup and admit it or not. Either that, or you were hoping to save a few "lost" souls that you thought you knew what was best for them. You may have done it in a more civilized manner than most, but nobody just decides they want to know about ONE particular aspect of Satanism, completely out of the blue, and do little else but spout their own teachings and pathetic arguments for the fairy tales they believe in.

So tell us, Lux. What is the REAL reason you're here?

#12154 - 10/02/08 09:10 PM Re: Modern Satanism isnt it just.... [Re: Nemesis]
Fist Moderator Offline
veteran member

Loc: B'mo Cautious MF
Well, of course, he is here for no other reason than to babble on for 10 pages about the bible story that we all already know and reject.

Like all of the other churchies that have come before him, he is doing his duty to preach the word to the heathens.

He is impervious to logic because his faith trumps logic and reason. 1+1=3 if God says it's so!

All the same, I still want to know if he believes in Santa Clause.

#12156 - 10/02/08 09:23 PM Re: Modern Satanism isnt it just.... [Re: Fist]
The Zebu Offline

Loc: Orlando, FL
Lux:

Actually, Nemesis brings up a good point... try posting in different topics and engaging in other conversations, other than this increasingly-tiring thread.

Maybe then you might start understanding where we're coming from a bit more...

#12157 - 10/02/08 09:35 PM Re: Modern Satanism isnt it just.... [Re: The Zebu]
DistroyA Offline

Loc: Mansfield, Nottinghamshire, UK
I've got a suggestion;

If lux doesn't want to converse more logically and wants to continue quoting his precious fairytale book (And as Zebu has stated, the thread's getting tiring (More like irritating if you ask me...)), why don't we just ignore and/or get this thread locked?

Just a suggestion of course. I'm done with this thread now...

#12158 - 10/02/08 09:37 PM Re: Modern Satanism isnt it just.... [Re: Fist]
Nemesis Offline

Quote:
All the same, I still want to know if he believes in Santa Clause.

Well, he gave you a politician's answer in reply to your original Santa question, "I do, but only in certain cases". LOL!!!

Christians and politicians = Never a straight answer.

#12160 - 10/02/08 09:39 PM Re: Modern Satanism isnt it just.... [Re: DistroyA]
Nemesis Offline

I'll give him one final opportunity to answer, and this thread will be locked. His fallacy will be left hanging at the end of this thread like a 72 point footnote.

#12161 - 10/02/08 09:59 PM Re: Modern Satanism isnt it just.... [Re: Nemesis]
Fabiano Offline

Quote:
Why is it that thus far you have started only one thread, and all of your replies have been confined to this one?

Nem, just for sake of thruth, Lux actually started 2 threads, the other one being there The Satanic Bible

But as they're similar, your remark stays valid.

Note that in this thread he started by saying "I'm here to understand and ask questions"

In the other one,
 Quote:
I am not preaching my faith to you, but defending my faith TSB certainly has a lot to say about what Christianity is, there are plenty of misconceptions

The issue lays here : rather than reading TSB and ask about it for better understanding, he beforehand says that there are misconception and wants "correcting" them and teaching us. Thus we end in threads talking more about christianinty than Satanism...

And, as you can imagine from my previous post I'm also finished with this thread (as DestroyA).

Edited by Fabiano (10/02/08 10:00 PM)

#12170 - 10/03/08 05:51 AM Re: Modern Satanism isnt it just.... [Re: Fabiano]
lux Offline
Banned
pledge

Loc: Newcastle UK
"I browsed a bit through your philosophy link and seriously; do you guys shut down your brain when reading that stuff? It's so contradicting it becomes embarrasing."

What is contradictive in what you post?

"Freedom is the power, rooted in reason and will, to act or not to act, to do this or that, and so to perform deliberate actions on one's own responsibility."

That is true

"*By free will one shapes one's own life. Human freedom is a force for growth and maturity in truth and goodness*
; it attains its perfection when directed toward God, our beatitude."

*This is true*, it is then followed by opinion based on the the teachings of Christ that he is God.

"As long as freedom has not bound itself definitively to its ultimate good which is God, there is the possibility of choosing between good and evil, and thus of growing in perfection or of failing and sinning. This freedom characterizes properly human acts. It is the basis of praise or blame, merit or reproach."

This is true because the ultimate Good to us is God, or to us God is the ultimate Good and obviously if we havent bound ourselves to the ultimate Good then we still decide between good and evil.

"The more one does what is good, the freer one becomes. There is no true freedom except in the service of what is good and just. the choice to disobey and do evil is an abuse of freedom and leads to "the slavery of sin."

This is what I have been saying in a round about way, we have freedom to Choose, the liberation that comes from God or the slavery that comes from seting ourselves up as God.

"Everything is an illusion. You are an illusion, this forum is an illusion the whole world is an illusion. The only thing wich isn't an illusion is me because I know I'll be there for myself the rest of my life. "

what a lonley desperate existance!

"You however, haven't answered one of the question I posed in my thread to you. Which means one of two things:

1) You didn't actually read it properly as you are a rude prick.

2) You don't like or have any answers to the questions, so you have decided to ignore them as you are a rude prick."

Or
3) I couldnt be bothered.
4) I didnt understand it
5) I am still considering it
6) I forgot about it
7) I didnt think it worth while answering
8) I found it unimportant

It could have been any of these and more.

"Name me one good reason that a person shouldn't be selfish if that is their natural disposition, without using God, the bible or the Church in the answer?"

For the Good of Humanity, for the good of others.

"WTF?

Ok, this is really simple. A yes or no will do. Do you believe in Santa Clause and the Easter Bunny?"

In the Traditional use... Yes
In the Modern use.... No

Its like asking me if I believe in "Christianity"
In the Traditional sense (Catholic) yes
In the Modern (Protestant Fundamentalism) No

"By the way, the real reason we have the Xmas shopping season and Easter is because early Xtians co-opted ancient pagan holidays celebrating the end of the winter solstice and the fertility of spring."

Yes I know, the winter solstice, is when the days start getting longer and the nights shorter, kind of like "light coming into the world" Jesus said "I am the light of the world" so we celebrate his birth at this time.
Fertility of Spring..i.e. new life, rebirth, ressurection in Christ...

Plus it appealed to and made the transition easier for the pagans.

"Why is it that thus far you have started only one thread, and all of your replies have been confined to this one?"

Well actually I dont want to fill up your boards with Christian perspectives, Really I would rather discuss LHP and RHP in only a couple of theads because its unfair on your community and your Admins dont really want that to happen.

"If you really wanted to understand Satanism, you would have posted in other areas of the forum, asking different questions"

I am asking questions, you perhaps dont see how me talking about my faith is asking questions of you. I am learning about Satanism, obviously since I am hearing your replys, I am comparing my faith to yours, almost holding up the two and learning about the differences. Infact i understand much more about my own faith as well as a result. By learning a bit about the opposite possition, I understand more clearly our position.

"On that point, you really didn't ask very in-depth questions, but instead have gone on at length about YOUR beliefs, YOUR rules and laws, YOUR ideals of society"

But these are questioning your possition, I learn from your replys.

"No, I think that you came here to prove a point in your own mind, to yourself, to reaffirm whatever it is you put your belief in, to reassure yourself that you are in the right and we are so very in the wrong,"

Not in the wrong, not wrong....erm... impractical.

But yes, I guess I have found more affirmation in my beliefs, I think it is important that i do discuss my faith with others, with everyone, every creed. I know a lot of people would have nothing to do with you, some out of fear, some out of disgust, some out of ignorance but I believe it is important that I discuss my beliefs and learn about other beliefs.
Last night I was discussing this thread with a fellow Christian ( he was very concerned about me talking to you) but I said some things about the Church and about how the philosophy was the Church and how the Philosophy was the Spirit of the Church and the Spirit of the Church is the Holy Spirit, who is one with Christ and thus the Church is Christ in the world. It is only when men act on that philosophy, act in the spirit of Christ, in the philosophy of the Church by Giving food to the starving, by healing the sick in Darfor etc, defending the weak, that men see Christ in other men, when they see that philosophy in action, they know Christ exists, in the Church, that his spirit lives on...it is only then that they become open to the spirit of christ and find faith. I have you lot to thank for bringing this revelation to my attention.

#12171 - 10/03/08 06:31 AM Re: Modern Satanism isnt it just.... [Re: lux]
MaggotFaceMoe Offline

Loc: Finland
""WTF?

Ok, this is really simple. A yes or no will do. Do you believe in Santa Clause and the Easter Bunny?"

In the Traditional use... Yes
In the Modern use.... No

Its like asking me if I believe in "Christianity"
In the Traditional sense (Catholic) yes
In the Modern (Protestant Fundamentalism) No"

Ah, actually it can not be the same as Santa is supposedly a person while Christianity is a movement and ideology. Ideologies exist in the head, persons in the real world. From what I see and read, to me it seems that in your head you have blended them together. Though it's quite evident from your disposition alone...

#12172 - 10/03/08 06:48 AM Re: Modern Satanism isnt it just.... [Re: lux]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

You can't have freedom of choice, connect those to will and own responsibility and then at the same time start wielding around labels like good and perfection. If choice A is perfect, choice B is not. If choice A represents god's choice, you surely are fucked when selecting B.
B = bad, bad = sin and sin implies you're pissing off god.

It's as if I gave a random person I meet on the street the option to choose going left or right. He is totally free to decide what direction to take, it's his own responsibility but if he chooses right, I am deeply disappointed by it and am going to pop a bullet through his head. But hey, he does have a free choice, doesn't he?

It's just silly gibberish. There is only one path to freedom and it is the path god paved for you. All the rest is a choice to become less free. So basically, not choosing total slavery to god results in becoming a slave? What were they smoking when writing this down?

I think this thread is going to get locked down anyways and maybe it is best. You don't really debate here and frankly I don't think you are up for it, intellectually that is. You know, all humans are animals but the main difference between satanists (I'm going to label them that for now, although I'd probably need to expand upon it and in/exclude) and you is that people like you are domesticated animals. Religion is used against you to domesticate you and just like that cow, you are perfectly happy at the farm and don't see your actual purpose beyond it.

D.

#12173 - 10/03/08 07:02 AM Re: Modern Satanism isnt it just.... [Re: Diavolo]
Fabiano Offline

Quote:
But yes, I guess I have found more affirmation in my beliefs, I think it is important that i do discuss my faith with others, with everyone, every creed

The same for me. It enabled me to question myslf and pushed me to better define my position.

Adversity seems to bring out the best of us.

#12174 - 10/03/08 07:06 AM Re: Modern Satanism isnt it just.... [Re: Diavolo]
Nemesis Offline

Alright, I think we've all had our say, as well as Lux. Thank you all for keeping it civil. As I mentioned earlier, I'd like for this thread to be used as a referral to any others like Lux who either have questions they need answered, or are simply here to peddle their faith. There was a lot of information given from both sides of the fence, which I think would satisfy any future visits by Christians.

If not, well then tough shit.

Page 7 of 7 « First<34567

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.028 seconds of which 0.004 seconds were spent on 25 queries. Zlib compression disabled.