Page 1 of 2 12>
Topic Options
#119093 - 04/20/19 10:46 PM Michael Aquino Interview 4/19/19
Michael A.Aquino Offline
stalker

Loc: San Francisco, CA, USA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_t4hEIkELxE&feature=youtu.be

#119094 - 04/21/19 02:04 PM Re: Michael Aquino Interview 4/19/19 [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
Dark Light 444 Offline

Awesome. Will be checking this out today. Thanks for sharing, my good man.

#119145 - 04/25/19 06:38 PM Re: Michael Aquino Interview 4/19/19 [Re: Dark Light 444]
Dark Light 444 Offline

LOL! Love the KISS fans reference at 1:39. Great stuff as usual. I could listen to the good doctor speak all day long. Much appreciated that he still drops in to share these links with us from time to time.

#119148 - 04/26/19 04:20 PM Re: Michael Aquino Interview 4/19/19 [Re: Dark Light 444]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Loc: Vancouver, Canada
Slurp slurp slurp

#119149 - 04/27/19 12:14 AM Re: Michael Aquino Interview 4/19/19 [Re: Dark Light 444]
Michael A.Aquino Offline
stalker

Originally Posted By: Dark Light 444
LOL! Love the KISS fans reference at 1:39. Great stuff as usual. I could listen to the good doctor speak all day long. Much appreciated that he still drops in to share these links with us from time to time.

Although I've been primarily a Jefferson Airship fan, KISS is among my other favorites: amazing concerts, my favorite their gig with the symphony orchestra in Melbourne, I think it was.

I think I've discussed other likes here ... Simon & Garf, Mötley, Dick Dale, surf & car stuff, and the Stray Cats for 50s retro. And if you want absolutely everybody in one song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxjvlB26Rgw

#119153 - 04/27/19 12:44 PM Re: Michael Aquino Interview 4/19/19 [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
Dark Light 444 Offline

Yes, the KISS Symphony was actually decent, and surprisingly translated KISS songs quite well. They've been my all time favorite rock group since 1975 at the tender age of 2. I know everything about them, even things I can't tell you. ;\)

Also a huge Motley Crue fan, though I'm surprised, and must take you to task here, that the Temple was duped by Mathew Trippe. I've been studying that band since their inception, and know the difference between Trippe and Frankie Ferrano, and quite frankly (no pun intended), anyone who has followed the band and interviews with "Nikki Sixx" know and see that Ferrano has been and was always the only Nikki Sixx.

Here's what I think MAY have been a possibility, however, with regards to Trippe.

It was well known in the industry (but not in the public as of yet, we are talking 1982, '83) at the time that Ferrano was a hardcore heroin addict. He was a liability, or so it seemed, and perhaps there was a time when their manager Doc Magee wanted to have a stand-in just in case he OD'd.

I believe it's certainly possible that Trippe was secretly appointed to be an on call fill in, and that he looked enough like Ferrano to possibly pull it off.

The problem with this, however, is that he wasn't the same height, did not have the same speaking voice, and didn't look enough like him in the face without the make-up on. Any major Crue fan would've (and did) see right through him. Hence, they probably paid him to get costumes and tattoos just like Ferrano's, and then ultimately decided he wouldn't be needed, and kicked him to the curb without reservation or explanation.

This is the only way I can accept that Trippe was ever telling the [partial, anyway] truth. I, as well as much of the public, are not as dumb as the industry thinks we are/were, and I think they ultimately knew that.

I love the Stray Cats! And Jefferson Airplane. Did you ever get into Skip Spence's solo material? I haven't really checked it out, admittedly, but he does have a cult following (he was, of course, the original drummer for the Airplane, and was supposedly into black magic for a short time while he was dating a witch, according to legend/accounts from people close to him, such as band members, friends, business associates, etc.).

Once again, good to hear from you. Looks like your other top fan, Dan Dread, is happy to see you again as well, with his unmistakable fascination with all things Aquino on the 600c.

#119154 - 04/27/19 12:48 PM Re: Michael Aquino Interview 4/19/19 [Re: Dan_Dread]
Dark Light 444 Offline

Originally Posted By: Dan_Dread
Slurp slurp slurp

What's up, my man? How you been? What's shakin' in your neck of the "woulds"?

#119164 - 05/01/19 04:54 PM Re: Michael Aquino Interview 4/19/19 [Re: Dark Light 444]
Michael A.Aquino Offline
stalker

Originally Posted By: DL
Also a huge Motley Crue fan, though I'm surprised, and must take you to task here, that the Temple was duped by Mathew Trippe. I've been studying that band since their inception, and know the difference between Trippe and Frankie Ferrano, and quite frankly (no pun intended), anyone who has followed the band and interviews with "Nikki Sixx" know and see that Ferrano has been and was always the only Nikki Sixx.

Well, here’s the story of “all that”:

http://www.xeper.org/maquino/nm/TOSN6.pdf

I was not a MC groupie, so all this was “at arm’s length in my spare time”.

After Trippe first contacted me, I called up a TOS Adept who was a close personal friend of KISS’ Gene Simmons, and asked her to ask him. He told her that indeed MT was the original N6, but that he couldn’t talk about it because of Elektra.

I was in Washington at the time, so I dropped by the Library of Congress to see the originals of MC’s song copyrights. All the band members signed their legal names except N6, who signed with that stage name.

Looking at the album covers, the first two show a very skinny, elfish N6. From Theater of Pain on, N6 is big and fleshy. It’s clearly a different human. Presymably the big fleshy N6 was Ferrano, who continued in the role.

So the question is whether MT was the small skinny N6 at the time of the first two albums, or whether MT replaced small-skinny briefly but was then replaced by Ferrano.

All sorts of articles on the net about the Trippe/Ferrno/N6 controversy, of course. Take your pick.

Quote:
I love the Stray Cats! And Jefferson Airplane. Did you ever get into Skip Spence's solo material?

Nope. As you probably know, the JA/JS was a very fluid collection of people. My friend therein was Paul Kantner because of our many mutual interests.

Quote:
Once again, good to hear from you. Looks like your other top fan, Dan Dread, is happy to see you again as well, with his unmistakable fascination with all things Aquino on the 600c.

Every respectable forum needs a grinch. ;\)

#119165 - 05/02/19 10:22 AM Re: Michael Aquino Interview 4/19/19 [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

What every forum /needs/ is someone calling out blatent bullshit.

A role I've been happy to fill for the last 11 years.

#119166 - 05/02/19 11:37 AM Re: Michael Aquino Interview 4/19/19 [Re: Dan_Dread]
samowens84 Offline

Bullshit.

#119167 - 05/02/19 01:54 PM Re: Michael Aquino Interview 4/19/19 [Re: samowens84]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Originally Posted By: samowens84

Bullshit.

You'll never be me son. You just haven't got the chops.

#119168 - 05/02/19 04:14 PM Re: Michael Aquino Interview 4/19/19 [Re: Dan_Dread]
samowens84 Offline

I don't wanna be you. I'm too busy enjoying being me.

I do enjoy being a parody of you.

Makes it fun.

#119169 - 05/02/19 04:26 PM Re: Michael Aquino Interview 4/19/19 [Re: samowens84]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Sure. Sounds about right.

The space might be tiny, but the rent is free.

#119170 - 05/02/19 10:53 PM Re: Michael Aquino Interview 4/19/19 [Re: Dan_Dread]
aeon6 Offline

Loc: København, Denmark
Imagine a living cubicle so tiny that you'd be cursed to have sharp elbows.
Yet that is what even progenitors are relegated to in cities or rural, though squalor finds harbor in both. Mötley Crüe was a mere staple in my musical spectrum but the one early hit to note is "Take Me To The Top". What the masses beneath you will always chant.

#119173 - 05/03/19 02:49 AM Re: Michael Aquino Interview 4/19/19 [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
Asmedious Moderator Offline

Loc: New York
Hey, glad to see you're still around. Hope you are doing better health wise.

Page 1 of 2 12>

Moderator:  TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.026 seconds of which 0.005 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.