Page 1 of 2 12>
Topic Options
#119184 - 05/07/19 11:00 AM Human nature of Satanists
samowens84 Offline

In my investigations of Satanists is that there is nothing special or different about them from other human beings. The same propensity for evil and good, who only have their integrity in common.

Much of the "magic" used from what I've seen is just to disguise that vulnerable sad human being that seems to be true of most here, although most would deny it. Those who want to look "dark" and "sinister" would never want to admit that they desperately want a hug from a fellow human being or a fellow sincere soul.

That instinct isn't wrong. The need to be loved is how the earth causes you to crave communion with her. Sometimes we find that in fellow human beings. Beneath that though I've found there's something more sustaining and satisfying, and once that is satisfied, the earth supplies fellow spirits with common understanding that require no need for people pleasing. Animate oneself and nurture the best, the earth, I've found, animates others to nurture you that redirects that need for love into a sacred union and then supplies the sincere loving human companionships make that instinct satisfied and truly unexploitable.

If that instinct is lacking, it doesn't matter if your sinister or compassionate. Indulging either side of that binary is just a band aide for avoiding dealing with that lack honestly, because being in that binary makes one eternal prey either way.

Whether one chooses to be "sinister" or "compassionate."

Within this I also see a bastardization of Machavelli's famous quote of "it's better to be feared than loved." He argued that if one had to choose one as the priority.

This article already said my personal observations of that bastardization than I need too, so here is a link to that article. Along with a quote for funzies.

"Too much fear Ė set the fines too high, the punishments too strong Ė and you get resistance and overt disobedience. It has to be enough to encourage obedience without tipping the scale. Too little and itís not worth the effort to obey, or the consequences arenít worth contemplating when acting. Campaigns asking for buy-in, asking for compliance are usually just preaching to the converted."

http://ianchadwick.com/machiavelli/chapters-15-21/chapter-17-better-to-be-feared-than-loved/

My citing the quote though is how much fear is really necessary. Why not just preach to the converted? Inspiring those already converted invests energy into the strong. A collective example of raising the expecations of those already capable takes the burden off of the ruler for the inspiration and love. His or her example inspires those of like mind who then inspire others of like mind. This takes away much of the need for fear. Machevelli's approach, taken to the extreme, lacks some pragmatic value under the guise of "pragmatism," by virtue of excuse to indulge sadistic tendencies inspired by personal disappointment at the expense of self-interest. Prosperity caused by a host of "good examples" has the potential to inspire desire, rather than investing in the lack of discipline of others. Focusing on the lack of discipline of others to protect against disappointment has strong potential to cause the "Machavellian" to be a self-indulgent cruel governer or governess at the expense true pragmatism and just government.

This is the common weakness that I've consistently seen in almost everyone who claims they'd "rather be feared than loved."

This is how a "feared" ruler becomes a hated one, and how governments fall.

For fun, let's put this in common experience. I used to sell newspapers door to door. In sales speak, different people had different "territories" that they sold in. Some places were often easier than others. Some sales teams have different ideas when it comes to "territories." People who blame the area are sometimes called "tussies." But that has more to do with the subtlties of motivation. Do well and stay disciplined in a more scarce area then one proves themselves worthy to work the more prosperous one.

Point being that sales teams send their best to preach to the converted, because that creates the most profits.

Same principle goes for governership. It's no secret that most of the greatest kings, presidents and world leaders have reputations for charisma. Key word being CHARISMA. Charisma is warm. Inviting. Motivating.

Being a leader is being a salesman. The distinction seems to only be context and degree and objectives. Methods being similar enough to be considered pragmatically identical, with an open mind and wise perception for the leader to personally make those defining necessary adaptive distinctions.

Edited by samowens84 (05/07/19 12:00 PM)

#119185 - 05/07/19 12:07 PM Re: Human nature of Satanists [Re: samowens84]
samowens84 Offline

Perhaps an interesting thought experiment would be whether it's better to be loved than feared.

If a leader is loved, and the people love that leader, others fear him for his good reputation and good will among the people.

The malice of few is kept in check by love of many.

Fear being a secondary affect of the primary ruling style that prioritizes love rather than fear. It isn't the lack of discipline of subjects that threatens a ruler. It's the lack of discipline of the ruler in terms of just rulership that threatens a ruler.

Mark Antony being an example. He had the love of the people. He had the leverage over Augustus. And yet, it was his lack of discipline and detachment from those in Rome who loved him that caused his downfall. If we were both disciplined and loved, he would have had Augustus cornered and would have prevailed as ruler of Rome.

#119186 - 05/08/19 08:51 AM Re: Human nature of Satanists [Re: samowens84]
Dark Light 444 Offline

Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah. Your obsession with love and being loved and making sure others understand love is nauseating.

Iím sorry youíre lonely, but barking in a room of satanists just seems to be a sadistic thing to do to yourself.

#119187 - 05/08/19 09:48 AM Re: Human nature of Satanists [Re: Dark Light 444]
samowens84 Offline

Originally Posted By: Dark Light 444
Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah. Your obsession with love and being loved and making sure others understand love is nauseating.

Iím sorry youíre lonely, but barking in a room of satanists just seems to be a sadistic thing to do to yourself.

Well no. Kissing Aquino's ass in a room full of Satanists is a sadistic thing to do to yourself.

Also I noticed you didn't have the balls to engage with me intellectually. Maybe that means you're not sadistic and know that an honest challenge would make you look foolish. So maybe you're not a masichist, just a bit cowardly.

Or perhaps it does, in that you like to be called a coward. A bit masochistic there. So many ways to hurt oneself.

But hey, who's counting.

Edited by samowens84 (05/08/19 09:49 AM)

#119188 - 05/08/19 11:37 AM Re: Human nature of Satanists [Re: samowens84]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Loc: Vancouver, Canada
https://youtu.be/rRTlStScolw

#119189 - 05/08/19 11:49 AM Re: Human nature of Satanists [Re: Dan_Dread]
samowens84 Offline

Originally Posted By: Dan_Dread
https://youtu.be/rRTlStScolw

Thats some funny shit!

#119190 - 05/08/19 01:22 PM Re: Human nature of Satanists [Re: samowens84]
samowens84 Offline

I've seen this problem before though. And I've tripped people with this little trick.

Say something in the beginning that strikes a nerve, pushes a button, or otherwise makes a person upset, angry, or otherwise insulted with just enough room to underestimate their opponent. The lack of understanding by the adversary provides just enough emotional distance to be unaffected, while making his or her opponent look foolish.

The correct method to counter it, is to not underestimate ones opponent, and resist an urge to attempt to chase that narcissistic drug of "superiority."

Once one is aware of the trip wire, one may look more closely and genuinely outsmart the other in an intellectual exchange or some other genuine weakness.

Patience is key to winning at anything.

#119194 - 05/09/19 12:20 AM Re: Human nature of Satanists [Re: samowens84]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

It is almost as if you are surprised of finding human nature in Satanism.
Guess which specie invented it...

You are stuck in the mindset "us vs them".
Consider the following:
"How do I get ahead".

The act of going about may be considered Satanic.
All else...wishful thinking.

#119195 - 05/09/19 09:53 AM Re: Human nature of Satanists [Re: Dimitri]
samowens84 Offline

Originally Posted By: Dimitri
It is almost as if you are surprised of finding human nature in Satanism.
Guess which specie invented it...

You are stuck in the mindset "us vs them".
Consider the following:
"How do I get ahead".

The act of going about may be considered Satanic.
All else...wishful thinking.

No one invented it. It exists because human's exist.

And while human nature is often hypocritical, I'm sure Satanism didn't invent that either, but like any other ism, it's just as guilty.

Though not on purpose I'm sure.

#119196 - 05/09/19 09:54 AM Re: Human nature of Satanists [Re: samowens84]
samowens84 Offline

Yes.

Edited by samowens84 (05/09/19 09:56 AM)

#119197 - 05/09/19 02:48 PM Re: Human nature of Satanists [Re: samowens84]
Dark Light 444 Offline

Originally Posted By: samowens84
 Originally Posted By: Dark Light 444

Well no. Kissing Aquino's ass in a room full of Satanists is a sadistic thing to do to yourself.

Also I noticed you didn't have the balls to engage with me intellectually. Maybe that means you're not sadistic and know that an honest challenge would make you look foolish. So maybe you're not a masichist, just a bit cowardly.

Or perhaps it does, in that you like to be called a coward. A bit masochistic there. So many ways to hurt oneself.

But hey, who's counting.

Oh, please. Donít flatter yourself.

With regards to ďkissing Aquinoís ass in a room full of Satanists is sadisticĒ:
When did I ever say I didnít have a lose screw somewhere? I ainít hiding in no closet about nothiní.

You and anyone else who whines about it envy the fact that I have a great respect for that man, and show him courtesy whenever heís present.

And engaging with you intellectually holds no interest to me. Iím extremely picky about with whom I decide to take on a trip with me. I love watching guys like you squirm about it. Nothing against homosexuals, but itís rather faggy to see. Have fun with all that.

#119198 - 05/10/19 09:55 AM Re: Human nature of Satanists [Re: Dark Light 444]
XiaoGui17 Offline
veteran member

Loc: Austin, TX
More Machiavelli. How is any of this relevant? Do you see many statesmen in here?

For those of us with no interest in governance, who deal with people on a case-by-case basis instead of as a mass of populace, it's not an either-or proposition. You can be loved by some and feared by others.

#119200 - 05/10/19 01:28 PM Re: Human nature of Satanists [Re: XiaoGui17]
samowens84 Offline

As a personal philosophy. I personalize it. To me it seems relevant for first principles of survival. To will oneself to personal freedom and personal power these concerns, at least in my experience, are inevitable. Even personal world building forces a person to deal with people, and so, "politics" of some kind.

And by beginning with the personal, it makes wisdom intimate.

One can practice being a leader in their personal space almost as a method for personal grooming for greater ambition, or just to make life easier.

#119201 - 05/10/19 02:48 PM Re: Human nature of Satanists [Re: samowens84]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

"Practice being a leader in personal space".

That shit is quite telling about your achievements in life.
Try harder.

#119202 - 05/10/19 03:09 PM Re: Human nature of Satanists [Re: Dimitri]
samowens84 Offline

Originally Posted By: Dimitri
"Practice being a leader in personal space".

That shit is quite telling about your achievements in life.
Try harder.

No. Not really.

You're reaching and that says something about your insecurities.

Why are you insecure Dimitri?

And why are you concerned with my achievements in life?

If I was nothing to you and so easily dismissed, then why act so irritated?

I like myself, and even if you don't, I have people who actually support, love and appreciate me, and understand that I've accomplished quite a lot.

Is that what you lack?

Perhaps you don't get enough credit from people you care about, or the respect you no doubtedly deserve.

But what am I supposed to do about that?

Edited by samowens84 (05/10/19 03:14 PM)

Page 1 of 2 12>

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.014 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 29 queries. Zlib compression disabled.