Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#119590 - 07/10/19 11:47 PM Film/Book list from church of satan website
MoSa Offline

https://www.churchofsatan.com/sources-book-list/

https://www.churchofsatan.com/sources-film-list/

I usually tend to take look @ those every now and then, but seriously,now I'm asking my self; whats exactly the big picture behind the lists?

Am I supposed to reach a conclusion of sorts?

Are the lists meant to be a complementary for TSB ?

#119594 - 07/12/19 10:12 AM Re: Film/Book list from church of satan website [Re: MoSa]
Dark Light 444 Offline

How about you give us what YOU think the reasons are for such lists.

#119595 - 07/12/19 10:36 AM Re: Film/Book list from church of satan website [Re: Dark Light 444]
MoSa Offline

Originally Posted By: Dark Light 444
How about you give us what YOU think the reasons are for such lists.

The first thing that got to me is that each one of them is meant to discuss an idea or aspect that resonate with what Anton taught us, but then I lost track and began to see it as a whole (a list).

That's why I am asking...

#119596 - 07/12/19 01:15 PM Re: Film/Book list from church of satan website [Re: MoSa]
Dark Light 444 Offline

What do you mean by losing track? How did you see the list “as a whole” as a means of being distracted by your initial thought? Because you already basically answered your own question.

A reading list offered from any organization is usually designed to help formulate a deeper and more coherent understanding of the philosophy behind that organization, therefore your initial thought was right on.

As far as the Church of Satan and their reading lists, I don’t have any intel about what their aim is, as it stands now, which is little more than an Anton LaVey fanclub. I would suspect that they would claim that their list is indicative of Anton’s tastes and an insight to how he developed his philosophy, but it may also serve as Gilmore’s fave book list for all I know.

But, your initial thought, generally, is correct.

#119597 - 07/12/19 07:13 PM Re: Film/Book list from church of satan website [Re: MoSa]
CanisMachina42 Offline
veteran member

Loc: Ca
If you are looking for something complimentary to The Satanic Bible, and are deferring to the fucking CoS for their suggestions; then The Quran, The Bible, The Vedas, Dionetics, The Vimanika Shastra, The Thirteenth Planet, and the show Stargate are all complimentary in purpose and use.

In fact I think this question of yours is a defect of The CoS writing the Wikipedia and seeking to remain the dominant voice. You gotta watch the types that always gotta be the face of something.
11:56 PM July, 1st 2019
Wrote Signature

#119598 - 07/12/19 10:29 PM Re: Film/Book list from church of satan website [Re: CanisMachina42]
MoSa Offline

Well, I'm already doing that except for the Vedas and the rest--but here is the thing ... when I took a deeper look into our physique and studied the works of Carl Jung and Myers Berges along with the Socionics theory, I found a commonality and it goes so deep than I ever imagined.

When I was still reading the old yellow books written by Arabs or Persians about the Jinn and Magic and the rest of the paranormal's; I found traces of Jinn descriptions either by work signature or physical description in both the Bible and the Torah ... let alone the Indian lore ... Man and His Symbols By Carl Jung is a really nice intro to all of this.

I was reading and reflecting, till then the list was kinda useful in complimenting TSB pretty well, but then I seriously lost track and purpose; that's why I came here asking.

\:\)

#119599 - 07/13/19 12:42 PM Re: Film/Book list from church of satan website [Re: MoSa]
Kori Houghton Offline

Loc: East Coast USA
I happened to see about half of The Most Dangerous Game from the film list last week on Cinemoi. I was channel-surfing, and the over-acting made me stop for a look. Maybe in the 1920s -- 30s it was shocking that humans would consciously and deliberately hunt other humans. But in the 21st Century, we can all watch Investigation Discovery on cable to find out just how shockingly unusual it isn't.

The reading list is okay. Again, might have seemed a bit radical in the early-mid 1960s, but not today.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.035 seconds of which 0.017 seconds were spent on 20 queries. Zlib compression disabled.