Page 1 of 7 12345>Last »
Topic Options
#11961 - 09/28/08 07:59 PM Father Of the Year!
Nemesis Offline

Loc: US
Seriously, this guy did what a dad's supposed to do!

INDIANAPOLIS -- A man who police said broke into a home with the intention of sexually assaulting a 17-year-old girl in her bedroom died early Sunday morning after a struggle with the girl's father.

David Meyers (pictured), 52, was pronounced dead at the scene shortly after officers arrived following a report of a home invasion in the 3500 block of West 79th Street at about 3:20 a.m.

Officers said they found Robert McNally, 64, on the floor with his arm around the neck of Meyers, struggling to hold him down.

When officers told McNally he could let go, they found that Meyers was unresponsive. Medics who were called to the scene then pronounced Meyers dead.

Indianapolis police Sgt. Matt Mount said Meyers had come into the home naked, except for a mask and latex gloves.

"He had rope, had a knife, had condoms, had a gag," Mount said.

Police said Meyers had gotten into the home through a window next to the girl's bedroom and that he knew the home well because his uncle owns it and he was an acquaintance of the family.

The teen awoke to find a naked man in her room and began screaming, alerting McNally, police said.

During a protracted struggle in the hallway of the home, McNally was able to get his arm around Meyers' neck and subdue him while his wife called police, officers said.

Meyers was a registered sex offender and was released from prison two years ago after he had served 10 years of a 20-year sentence for criminal confinement and sexual deviate conduct stemming from a case in Hamilton County.

Meyers was also being sought in Boone County for failure to register as a sex offender.

Police said Meyers had been living with his mother down a gravel road from the home that the McNally family lived in and had recently lost his job.

"When they got the mask off, both the father and daughter recognized him," Mount said.

Police said Meyers had a history of heart problems. They were not immediately sure if he died as a result of heart failure or from being choked.

The results of the police investigation will be turned over to the Marion County Prosecutor's Office, but it is unlikely charges will be filed, police said.

Note that he didn't intend to kill the invader, but it happened from the dad restraining him until the cops got there.

#11963 - 09/28/08 08:28 PM Re: Father Of the Year! [Re: Nemesis]
fakepropht Moderator Offline
Big Slick

Loc: Texas
Awesome. The ultimate penalty was paid. And kudos to these seniors defending themselves. Seems a majority of these types of stories I see lately involve someone 60+. On the one hand, no guns were involved. So another statistic won't be skewed one way or the other. On the other hand, it would have been beneficial if the homeowner had used a gun. Another instance of a home owner using gun ownership to protect his property and his family. Please tell me the old man is an ex marine.

#11964 - 09/28/08 08:32 PM Re: Father Of the Year! [Re: fakepropht]
Nemesis Offline

Loc: US
I think it raises the level of badass-ness that he used his bare hands to kill that freak. However unintentionally ;\) I wouldn't doubt it if the dad was ex-military.

#11968 - 09/28/08 09:51 PM Re: Father Of the Year! [Re: Nemesis]
DistroyA Offline

Loc: Mansfield, Nottinghamshire, UK
I completely agree. Father of the year. He deserves a medal at the very least for taking care of that fucking nut-job.

#12080 - 10/01/08 05:18 AM Re: Father Of the Year! [Re: DistroyA]
ZephyrGirl Offline
R.I.P.

Loc: Adelaide Australia
Yes, bare handed just desserts! Thanks for posting this. I really hope he doesn't end up getting charged. It would be soooo wrong on so many levels if he did.

Probably lucky though, that he didn't shoot him instead.

Zeph

#16867 - 12/25/08 12:56 AM Re: Father Of the Year! [Re: ZephyrGirl]
spiderbreeder Offline

Loc: Sydney,Australia
Even if it was unintentional, the father had every right to kill him- that perverted arsehole was about to irrevocably alter a persons outlook on life forever, not to mention the physical outrage inflicted on them;being his own daughter, I thought he showed remarkable restraint- I would have cut the dirty bastard's penis off at least!Good on him, he should be lauded for it in a public ceremony, not charged.
One less noxious human being darkening the planet.....

#16869 - 12/25/08 01:05 AM Re: Father Of the Year! [Re: spiderbreeder]
Jake999 Offline

There are some people who deserve to die, and thankfully, some people who make sure they do.

#16884 - 12/25/08 07:21 AM Re: Father Of the Year! [Re: spiderbreeder]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

This might be a controversial question but if Satanism is about might is right and a predator and prey dichotomy then why do we mostly react rather moral when the same principle is applied in sexual matters.

Of course Satanism isn't promoting rape and child molestation but what philosophical grounds do we have to condemn it in the first place? We condemn every sort of sex that isn't voluntary by all participating?
Good, nice principle BUT what is the essential difference between a bodyfuck and a mindfuck or a financial fuck. Is reaping someone of his money or status or job in a philosopical sense less bad than reaping them of their self-worth, innocence or virginity?

D.

#16885 - 12/25/08 08:12 AM Re: Father Of the Year! [Re: Diavolo]
spiderbreeder Offline

I can quite happily condemn rape and child molestation - apart from totally reaping the victims of their self worth,innocence or virginity, it's totally violating one of the Satanic rules which states that you "shouldn't make sexual advances unless you are given the mating signal"
Any other kind of sex between two (or more) consenting people, that's fine no matter how "kinky"it is as everyone involved is aware of what's going on to a greater or lesser extent, but the 6 year old kid in a dark room with Uncle Dick's hand in her panties- what mating signal did she give? What mating signal did that man's daughter give to the Dickwad that broke into their house intending to defile her totally?
Money, Status, and Jobs can always be reinstated, as can self worth, but innocence and virginity never can be- especially in the case of the raped, molested child.

#16886 - 12/25/08 08:32 AM Re: Father Of the Year! [Re: spiderbreeder]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

So it is against the satanic rules?
In the little niche of Laveyan Satanism it is a dogma, a taboo indeed but the SB served a purpose more than 40 years ago and nowadays, besides it maybe being a valuable source of discovery or self-identification for a novice on the LHP, how strongly should it be followed and how much of its dogma should be accepted because Anton said so?

I do understand the apologetic nature of modern Satanism in its day but nowadays, all those apologetic and proselytizing aspects are only valuable if you want to become, what I call, the housenigger of society. Do you really want to become a societal housenigger? Does it make anyone feel good about himself to adapt far enough to be allowed to be a little different?
It doesn't work for me, that's for sure.

If you travel the LHP far enough, you'll notice that when you close in on the limits of Modern Satanism, you don't close in on the limits of the LHP. Because Anton said so or because it is a rule is essentially as limiting as doing so because it's one of the ten commandments. At one point you'll have to realize that you're condemning, not because you think YOU are but because you are instructed to do so. Find the instruction and destroy it.

If the little girl is raped, we'll all think it is horrible but if she grows to become the founder of the Newborn Lutherian church, we do think someone should smack the shit out of her and stick a large dildo up her ass. 90% of the babies out there grow up to become something we despise but oh boy, if something bad happens to them before point x, we are horrified. Everything after point x is hailed.

Why? Because Anton said so? Because it is a rule? Because society indoctrinated us as such? Because it is some sort of genetic moral reaction?

What we encounter here are our own limitations.

D.

#16887 - 12/25/08 09:11 AM Re: Father Of the Year! [Re: Diavolo]
spiderbreeder Offline

Due to circumstances that I won't enter in to here, my opinion on rape and molestation stands firm, and was forged long before I read LaVey's Satanic rules- call it a limitation if you will, but it is my opinion that the SB contains the kind of information that might be over 40 years old, but can still be quite relevant in the present- not to live your life by as if every word in it was gospel, but to use as a guideline if you so chose, not because "Anton said so".
And who knows, the little girl who was raped probably grew up to become the founder of the Newborn Lutherian church as a result of being raped- a traumatic event can sure have far-reaching consequences...

#16891 - 12/25/08 10:09 AM Re: Father Of the Year! [Re: spiderbreeder]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

I assume that behind your hint is some emotional experience, self or close and it doesn't need to be addressed. But why then was your answer not: experience told me instead of Anton said? And how come experience can contradict other opinions concerning predators and prey? If I become a victim of molestation, I will oppose it from that point on. If I become a victim of violence, will I oppose violence from then on too? Create another taboo?
How many bad things does a satanist have to suffer until he isn't intellectually fit to be one? What does not kill me makes me stronger? Does it really?

I think Jake said something along the lines; if a guy and a newborn christian can both make a peanut butter sandwich, being a newborn christian isn't of relevance in it. The same goes on here in these moral subjects. No matter where they are posted, the reactions are close to identical. So, concluding, being a satanist doesn't seem to be of any relevance in it. Then why oh why is there such a similarity in reactions between people with such a different outlook on things? It can't be religion, it can't be their philosophical position. So what else but the same set of instructions? The same pre-formatted reaction triggered by taboo words. Why does it bother us when predators play with their prey and not when they kill it?

I remember this tsunami thing a couple of years ago. The whole world was shocked. That week I went to the pub and all the talk was about how horrible it was, how unfortunate those people were and that we all must contribute our part (read cash) to help the poor sods. I asked them why they were suddenly so emotionally shocked. By the time I finish my beer, the same amount of people will have died on a global scale. Death happens all the time and only the timeframe and positioning seems to trigger automated reactions. 200.000 dead at one spot in 10 seconds and the world cries, 200.000 in 5 minutes all over the place and we shrug, don't even pay attention.
Instructions and automated reactions. We must feel, we must cry.

No, we don't have to.

D.

#16892 - 12/25/08 10:17 AM Re: Father Of the Year! [Re: spiderbreeder]
Jake999 Offline

You know, having been homosexually raped at knife point when I was a child gave me a pretty good sense of how I feel about child molesters at a pretty young age. And I believe in LaVeyan dictates that a child should not be harmed as well. Really, I could give a fuck about what happens to a child molester. And if I grew to be Pope of the Catholic Church, you could still damn me for my lack of common sense, but one has nothing at all to do with another. It's not a choice. It's not like I HAD a choice.

You know, that was when I was 12. I'm almost 60 now. Has it affected my life? I grew strong, and I grew wise and I made a success of myself for sure, but you know that that single incident is something I remember EVERY DAY? EVERY DAMNED DAY. It pops into my mind in the middle of coffee, or watching a movie, or in my sleep, or in the shower. Has it affected my life or have I gotten over it because it was just something that someone felt he had a right to do, and I was the body there that he decided to do it to. And would I even be typing this if he hadn't heard someone coming and run?

Has it affected my life? I got a vasectomy at 20. There has never been a time when I even thought about being a father. I've rationalized it over the years and said I just don't like kids... truth is probably more that I don't want that kind of responsibility, because I know that in the long run, while I might try, I couldn't REALLY protect him or her against that guy who just felt he had the right,

So in this case, FUCK Satanism, FUCK LaVeyan Philosophy, FUCK Society. If we hold only one thing in our lives as sacrosanct, it should be this right to be safe as a child from the utterly selfish whims of people of this sort. With fire, plague, war, starvation, random objects falling from space and a million other possibilities of harm in childhood, this is one bastion of safety we should be able to expect.

Now, in the case of the asshole who decided I was his personal playtoy, the State of Illinois executed his ass a long, long time ago after he got caught for a capitol crime. I learned about it when I saw his picture in the papers when I was a kid, and I felt CHEATED. To this day, I wish I had gotten to throw the switch. I'd volunteer to do it every day of my life and eat a snack while I watched a child molester fry.

#16895 - 12/25/08 12:24 PM Re: Father Of the Year! [Re: Jake999]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Loc: Vancouver, Canada
I love it when I get to interject a 3rd side into a conversation. Looks like this will be one of those times.

Diavolo has a good point. Satanism is a religion/philosophy of predators. Where is the justification to stop at point x? Doesn't slapping an arbitrary line down between ok and not ok, just that - arbitrary?

To that I say Satanism is also a religion of human beings. Human beings generally act according to a fairly uniform set of parameters. Sure there is wiggle room but evolution has instilled certain instincts into us to ensure survival - ie the ones that ignored/did not possess these instincts died out long ago for obvious reasons, leaving just us.

One of those instincts, is the drive to protect those we care about. The human male is hard wired to do that. We are also capable and prone to empathy, which is another survival trait. Rape, and child molestation, are universally demonized for a reason.

Satanism is about embracing our humanity, in it's totality...right? Giving voice and expression to all things animal and more specifically human animal. Part of that is embracing our protective and empathetic nature towards women and children. (as long as it does not cross wires with a more personal interest)

People have been so trained to deny their humanity, mostly by religion, that people walk right by rapes in progress or child abuse, without even batting an eye.

Ever wonder why the most influential promoter of self-denying religion is also the biggest visible culprit when it comes to child rape?

#16898 - 12/25/08 12:43 PM Re: Father Of the Year! [Re: Jake999]
spiderbreeder Offline

Jake, thankyou for your searing honesty and for contributing to this thread - being someone's idea of a personal playtoy myself for many years, your post resonated with me strongly.
I also grew stronger and wiser, and moved on with my life- the friendships I've forged in my adult life are totally in the dark about my childhood, but like you Jake, I've never had the desire to have kids and never intend to, and those vermin that think they "have the right" will always find a way to get to get to the kid if they really want to.Contemplating that, I don't want the responsibility either.

Diavolo, you are correct in pointing out that my post could have been worded differently,though it's an interesting idea that we can be systematically damaged by all the bad things that happen to us to the extent that it results in us putting a taboo on it all- I think that my personality/self is capable of picking myself up and moving on from a vast array of shitty experiences without it having any lingering,residual effect,but there are some things that knock us for six, hook deep into our psyche creating a personal taboo... and no matter how many years pass,it'll always come back to give you a good blast of instant recall when you least expect it.
I can see where your coming from D, but if being an "evolved" satanist means standing back and impassively accepting rape and child molestation as a acceptable human trait, because it gels with the "predator/prey instinct and not accepting it as such is un-satanic, then I'm totally behind Jake- Fuck the whole concept.
And Jake, I'd be there throwing that switch right along with you...

Page 1 of 7 12345>Last »

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.032 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.