Page 1 of 2 12>
Topic Options
#120254 - 09/20/19 11:00 AM What's the point?
Monk Offline
lurker

Am interested in the Philosophy behind it all but kind of struggle to understand a few things, hopefully some of your can clear up some uncertainties and reservations I have towards 'Satanism'.

Introspection , self awareness, progression, independence , individualism, critical thinking and questioning etc.. To not blindly follow and be taken to the slaughter like a lamb without a conscience. These are things I can understand and see that they are valued in this lifestyle.

Yet I still don't really 'get it' and can't see what makes a Satanist a Satanist per se.

From what I can understand this is kind of a way to bring people together who partially feel marginalized by society which is totally normal as humans are social animals after all. We did not evolve as individualistic apex predators rather than using superior intelligence and teamwork to ward off dangers.

Whatever.. I understand Religion is bullshit and all that but I feel Satanism might be a little outdated somehow no?

Once upon a time Christianity was surely reigning supreme but in this day and age 'white people' or Europeans as it were are probably the least religious group on earth yet they still are ridiculed much so by Satanist and surrounding scenes like in death/black metal aswel for example. I can only guess this is because it is mostly white people in these groups so they have more relation to Christianity and control of the church by default. Seriously though was Jesus even a bad guy?

The other thing is are Satanists again God or just like Man made scriptures ? I guess you guys are really into the metaphorical aspect of 'The Devil' Represents so to speak , a pillar of freedom as opposed to the God of Control mentioned in scriptures.

For me though personally where it gets confusing is that God represents freedom, life and the will to live it at your highest potential without restrictions. I would go as far as saying God is, without putting anything after the word 'is' because from this viewpoint everything is connected. Without getting scientific about it the fabrics of reality are all composed of atoms right.

So I guess what i'm saying is Satanism just another way or set of beliefs for people to get through the day , just now we have some kind of rebranded form of religion that is trying to be anti religion yet the key symbol of it all is derived from a holy scripture, that we can all agree are manmade fabrications so we don't take anything too literally in the end anyway.

I just don't get it what's real purpose of all this then. You can be a free thinking individual , driven by self growth and awareness and are totally aware of the traps posed by modern society/old society (church) without being a Satanist.

So what makes all this different? Please educate me.

#120255 - 09/20/19 11:13 AM Re: What's the point? [Re: Monk]
Monk Offline
lurker

Another observation seems somewhat similar to Freemasonry.
#120261 - 09/20/19 11:47 PM Re: What's the point? [Re: Monk]
CanisMachina42 Offline

Loc: Ca
From what I know about Freemasonry it is very similar and also not.

In Freemasonry you have to believe in a god of some form, a higher power, as prerequisite for joining. Like AA only you can still get hammered.

The god form from what Mason's have told me, The Architect, is very similar to a Postmodern Master. In that it is a non-anthropomorphic finger print of a design of some sort. Think Mandelbrot Set.

In Satanism you have "Satan as lord of this earth" and that means something far less theistic than people think. The imprint is of adversity, and the form is of christian indifference and evil.

As the Freemason said, it is EXACTLY along the lines of, They eventually tell you at higher grades there is no force of good *and* evil, only evil. But really doesn't mean what duality makes it sound like.

The Pentagram, a common motif in America (Pentagon, DC's Street layout with Pentagram and Owl, The Medal of Honor) it is very much a non-duality thing, a desist symbol for the way of the world if anything.

Theistic in a non-anthropomorphic, yet tangible concept of order of nature and associated force.

To quote a Slayer song, "Dark side has no rival test your faith in blood."

Per my opinion of the Satanism view, the world as we know it progresses in a way closest to Hindu Deity Shiva's role. The necessary catalyst of change. There are many similarities to draw.

On a personal level a satanist may employ this dynamic to their own lives, a symbolic self-immolation and burning of the wreckage of the past. Using that immersion into adversity itself to cause an internal change, whether thicker skin or a litany against fear.

Like Shiva the path involves taking the linings of yesterdays cloud and salvageable bits from the rubble of the collapsed towers and bear the scar lest you fall into a perpetual cycle of self-made traps.

The goal is not be one of those people that becomes a victim of their own prophecy, as the bigger the wreck of a tragic story you are the more ironic that prophecy ends up being.

D. Scientific : Quod erat demonstrandum

#120262 - 09/21/19 12:17 AM Re: What's the point? [Re: CanisMachina42]
EvilDjinn Offline
stranger

The difference is fantasy.

Assuming all religions are fake and there are mo gods, humanity spent thousands of years making up stories that they thought were real to explain reality. These stories, across cultures, all follow common motifs. Storm gods battling giant serpents. Tricksters that sought to empower humanity. A god sacrificing their life for our benefit.

This makes for a rich tapestry of symbolism that humanity has always been drawn to. There's always been a Satanic figure in these stories, capturing a lot of values that Satanists seek to emulate.

Just being self motivated is great. But there is a very rich part of human psychology that is being left behind. Look at Carl Jung's experiences in The Red Book.

That is strictly an atheistic view of it. Nevermind if there are anything like Forms, gods, devils, demons, neteru, etc that some Satanic groups are based on

#120263 - 09/21/19 12:49 AM Re: What's the point? [Re: EvilDjinn]
CanisMachina42 Offline

Loc: Ca
 Quote:
Nevermind if there are anything like Forms, gods, devils, demons, neteru, etc that some Satanic groups are based on.

You mean like evil djinn? Are there groups based on those? I could be in one. I have people try to tell me i am possessed by one of them all the time.

I am glad you mention Jung though, because he provided my firmly rooted in things that are real "Projection of my fucked up unconscious" answer.

But wait, isn't The Red Book from the time when he lost his shit after a breakup? "Psychotic break" has been used to describe 1913-1917. Perhaps he bridged to his unconscious a little too much?

There is a rich tapestry of bullshit ideas people use in place of finding their own answers. Which is even harder when all the answers you try to find are of that rich tapestry of bullshit.

Seriously, If I listened to other people's most ready opinion of my experience I would probably be calling my projection a channeled spirit or demonic possession and delving into a world of eye-glossing answers of ridiculous superstitious pretense. That seems like a road to a Black Crowes song.

Thankfully, I had the works of C.G. Jung, before he lost his shit and started telling stories of time slips while on holiday in Rome. Without it I would be worse off than I am now.

I am divergent enough without the need for "Evil Djinn".

Sorry to focus on your name, but that is a motif that won't stop coming up in my life.

Can feel like esoteric whack-a-mole at times.

D. Scientific : Quod erat demonstrandum

#120264 - 09/21/19 02:11 AM Re: What's the point? [Re: Monk]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

The underlying philosophy can be consisely abridged to just three words.

"Will to power".

Anything else could be categorized as pretension.

#120270 - 09/21/19 12:25 PM Re: What's the point? [Re: Dimitri]
LEVIATHAN'sabyss Offline
stranger

Awful long winded way to say "Spoon feed me philosophy, I can't be troubled to think."

#120290 - 09/23/19 06:07 PM Re: What's the point? [Re: Monk]
fiendish Offline

Personally, I didn't wait for someone to educate me. You should have seen the difference for yourself. If you can't, you have a problem. You don't see any point because there isn't any, or just because YOU can't see it? That's another question. For example, Religion is not bullshit. YOUR view about religion is bullshit, what YOU think about Satanism is outdated. YOUR opinions are outdated. You are actually trying to project your own speculations due to the lack of any self experience. You say you need to be educated, but all I can see is a person who thinks that knows it all. So, I am asking you, what's the point of trying to educate you?

#120352 - 09/29/19 04:47 PM Re: What's the point? [Re: Dimitri]
DeathThroeCull Offline
lurker

Originally Posted By: Dimitri
The underlying philosophy can be consisely abridged to just three words.

"Will to power".

Anything else could be categorized as pretension.

So why go beyond Nietzsche and Machiavelli into this realm called Satanism if the rest is pretension? Do you see a point to this pretension? I do agree though, "Will to Power" does sum up the essence of Satanism quite well.

Edited by DeathThroeCull (09/29/19 04:48 PM)

#120353 - 09/29/19 06:20 PM Re: What's the point? [Re: DeathThroeCull]
samowens84 Offline

You mean, will to snacks? Will to lounge?

Powerful shit man.

Power is empty without it being a will to something beyond will.

And so comes the question of what you want?

What can this forum give you that you couldn't find elsewhere?

Is this forum a "Will to yap," or just an enjoyable way to pass the day?

Lately, it's been the later.

And as far as why bother with Satanism if it's all pretension.

Probably because like any other organizations that think too highly of themselves their easy low hanging fruit for exploitation just like any other organization.

Add titles like "Magus" and such and some spiritual hoodoo it's no wonder why a lesser magic huckster might get the better of it.

Edited by samowens84 (09/29/19 06:23 PM)

#120355 - 09/29/19 07:06 PM Re: What's the point? [Re: samowens84]
DeathThroeCull Offline
lurker

Power gets you what you want. What you do with that power is up to you as an individual. Will to snacks, Will to lounge? If that is what you will have at it, but I would say you are setting the bar mighty low.

Power= control over ones own situation. Without that you are open game to be under the control of someone who has more control over their own situation than you do. You can only have power over people who don't take power unto themselves. In short if you give your own power to a lesser magic huckster you deserve to be taken advanage of by a lesser magic huckster. Satanism has never been an organization. There are just organizations of satanists.

Edited by DeathThroeCull (09/29/19 07:09 PM)

#120359 - 09/30/19 03:01 AM Re: What's the point? [Re: DeathThroeCull]
samowens84 Offline

Have a good night.

Edited by samowens84 (09/30/19 03:32 AM)

#121052 - 12/15/19 11:30 PM Re: What's the point? [Re: Monk]
aerial_dc Offline
pledge

Originally Posted By: Monk
We did not evolve as individualistic apex predators rather than using superior intelligence and teamwork to ward off dangers.

I think you're missing the point here. No one is suggesting that the individual should become isolated from all other humans to become king of the forest. The individualistic aspect of Satanism for me is more about defining friends, enemies, and those not worth my valuable time, likes, and dislikes. There are more and less extreme interpretations. No one can tell you exactly what Satanism is. As an individual you have to figure out what the point of it is and what you agree or disagree with within Satanism.

Originally Posted By: Monk
Seriously though was Jesus even a bad guy?

Definitely a piece of shit!!!

#121084 - 12/19/19 12:13 PM Re: What's the point? [Re: Monk]
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

You don't get it and that's okay. You don't need to "get it."

Any answers you recieve are likely to be incredibly varied and probably will only raise more questions for you.

#121255 - 01/15/20 04:08 PM Re: What's the point? [Re: samowens84]
fiendish Offline

I am really shocked! A 4 word answer from samowens84? This is ridiculous! This has got to be a lie! But, alas it's not! Samowens84 posted a 4 word answer. 4word. Have a Good night! He just wrote "Have a good night." But the next day will not be the same. Not after this.

Page 1 of 2 12>

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.035 seconds of which 0.013 seconds were spent on 29 queries. Zlib compression disabled.