Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#120480 - 10/11/19 10:41 PM Lucifer's Mother Aurora
decidirmorir Offline
stranger

Loc: New York
I am wondering if anyone knows anything about Lucifer's mother? I found this on Wikipedia, but was always trained not to trust Wikipedia. I want to learn more. Does anyone know anything? Sorry about quoting. Thanks for taking the time to answer ahead of time.

From Wikipedia:

"Lucifer's mother Aurora is cognate to the Vedic goddess Ushas, Lithuanian goddess Aušrinė, and Greek Eos, all three of whom are also goddesses of the dawn. All four are considered derivatives of the Proto-Indo-European stem *h₂ewsṓs[28] (later *Ausṓs), "dawn", a stem that also gave rise to Proto-Germanic *Austrō, Old Germanic *Ōstara and Old English Ēostre / Ēastre. This agreement leads to the reconstruction of a Proto-Indo-European dawn goddess.[29]

The second century Roman mythographer Pseudo-Hyginus said of the planet:[30]

"The fourth star is that of Venus, Luciferus by name. Some say it is Juno's. In many tales it is recorded that it is called Hesperus, too. It seems to be the largest of all stars. Some have said it represents the son of Aurora and Cephalus, who surpassed many in beauty, so that he even vied with Venus, and, as Eratosthenes says, for this reason it is called the star of Venus. It is visible both at dawn and sunset, and so properly has been called both Luciferus and Hesperus."
Ovid, in his first-century epic Metamorphoses, describes Lucifer as ordering the heavens:[31]

"Aurora, watchful in the reddening dawn, threw wide her crimson doors and rose-filled halls; the Stellae took flight, in marshaled order set by Lucifer who left his station last."
The Latin poet Ovid, speaking of Phosphorus and Hesperus (the Evening Star, the evening appearance of the planet Venus) as identical, makes him the father of Daedalion.[32] Ovid also makes him the father of Ceyx,[33][34] while the Latin grammarian Servius makes him the father of the Hesperides or of Hesperis.[35]"

Appreciated.

#120483 - 10/12/19 08:17 AM Re: Lucifer's Mother Aurora [Re: decidirmorir]
mario32 Offline
BANNED
stranger

i thought lucifer didnt know who his parents were
Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.015 seconds of which 0.003 seconds were spent on 15 queries. Zlib compression disabled.