Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#120532 - 10/19/19 02:02 PM Civil War in Britain
Zeno Offline

I am one of those who support leaving the EU (Brexit). I see yet again that those who support remain win another step to keeping the UK chained to the EU. Should the remainers win the political struggle to keep the UK in the EU, we who support Brexit cannot be expected to roll over and accept this situation.

If the politicians are unable to honour the contract to leave the EU as was agreed by the Brexit result in the national referendum, then the matter must be settled on the battlefield. Such is my strong feelings that the vote is upheld to leave the EU, that I am prepared to join the civil war on the side of those who fight to leave. I am wondering what others think, especially those who live in the UK, would you turn to violence? which side would you fight on?

#120536 - 10/20/19 02:00 AM Re: Civil War in Britain [Re: Zeno]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

At this point it is best to honour the results of the Brexit referendum. Those in the remain camp are obstructing the functioning of Government and post-phoning efforts to prepare the country for its leave.

All in all, the U.K. is being silly.
As per usual.
Half the world laughed with the hijinks of Mr. Bean and the sketches of Monthy Python.
Seems it wasn't comedy but a documentary.

I doubt there would be civil war.
Just a few over-blown protests and small scuffles in the big city. That would be about it.

#120538 - 10/20/19 02:49 AM Re: Civil War in Britain [Re: Dimitri]
Brother Nihil Offline

As in the USA, the British Deep State elites won't let go of the levers of power peacefully, and they depend on the (media-programmed) passivity and cowardice of the masses to stay in power. I say go for it. Better to die on your feet than live on your knees, and watch everything you value slowly be taken away from you.

Edited by Brother Nihil (10/20/19 02:51 AM)

#120540 - 10/20/19 05:28 PM Re: Civil War in Britain [Re: Zeno]
aeon6 Offline

Loc: KÝbenhavn, Denmark
Perhaps a temporary needed anarchy would ensue, but I doubt an orchestrated revolt would achieve anything less than victory. That it must come to that is only a political hurdle but one which will be achieved with ferocity because of the conveniently deaf/dumb/mutes involved. Would that include the queen?
#120625 - 10/26/19 07:18 PM Re: Civil War in Britain [Re: aeon6]
fiendish Offline

Sex and violence. Which side would you fight for? Sex, or violence? You see why Einstein thought stupidity is infinite? Because a lot of people are saying stupid things and this itself means the cosmos is containing a lot of stupid things, which are part of the existence. Stupidity exists, it is part of everything. In return the cosmos has given us logical thinking.

Medulla oblongata

#120638 - 10/27/19 03:14 PM Re: Civil War in Britain [Re: fiendish]
aeon6 Offline

Loc: KÝbenhavn, Denmark
The logical thinking is not such a stupid thing afterall among a possibly inane universe. Suppose sex and violence were synonymous, that choice is then eliminated unless you make it your life's mission deciding between the two for lack of variety. If the fossils in power are daft, you won't need to resort to sexual conquest or violence for Brexit. See how absurd that sounds? So the feeble cosmos does indeed explain the fossils.
#120641 - 10/27/19 11:15 PM Re: Civil War in Britain [Re: aeon6]
Caladrius Offline

Loc: SoCal
 Originally Posted By: aeon6
The logical thinking is not such a stupid thing afterall among a possibly inane universe.

lol... I thought this was funny, in an ironic way.

#120642 - 10/27/19 11:16 PM Re: Civil War in Britain [Re: aeon6]
CanisMachina42 Offline
veteran member

Loc: Ca
According to the Internets the five main Brexit arguments are:

1. Control immigration
2. Make Britain Great Again
3. Reject The Belgian "Big Government" folk..
4. Reject whatever the establishment (of Europe) wants.
5. Lower commodity prices

This seems like a UK/Europe problem, I cant think of a single thing in the US that relates to that at all.

Joking aside, the Western World is at least on the same page as far as political divisions.

Any of UK's outsourced Auto manufactures getting trade-warred to China?

I will now rant on my country:

What made America shit to begin with was the shit America made. Detroit. Rust belt. Inability to adapt to changing demand. Cars that lasted 60,000 miles to spectacularly fall apart (Jeep), and of course the oft spoken of Reaganomics  that sold more assets to Japan (until 1987) then let trickle down to a deteriorating middle class kept alive by multiple incomes. 

In fact, the domestic auto industry epitomizes the graceless downfall of those great attributes which failed in the 1980's and will fail again every time attempted.

Sadly, The center of making shit great again is isolationism, which stopped working as soon as economies started tanking with one another.

Much of this stems from the 1929 stock market crash, particularly the placement of blame on a scapegoat.  Hitler neglected to blame the US stock market crash for Germany's economic woes.  So he did the next best thing and blamed all the bankers.

The founding of isolationism and a call to retract into ones borders can only work in a totalitarian society, and only if resources are present.  One more 1984 than the fear surrounding centralized confederations of associated places.

America for Americans fails to remember the Singapore, Beijing, Taipai, Seoul, Dubai, Abu Dhabi and Kuala Lumpur offices of the multinational conglomerate. 

And i will say anyone concerning themselves with retracting into a shell in a world already to international to isolate from watch reruns of Ozzie and Harriot until the roast is done and times of simplistic white Christian culture and blue collar America replaces Amazon Prime.

It's copy/paste laughable everywhere.
11:56 PM July, 1st 2019
Wrote Signature

#120653 - 10/28/19 08:24 PM Re: Civil War in Britain [Re: Zeno]
TheChess Offline
stranger

Loc: Switzerland
The main problem with the european dictature is Schengen.. if you leave the fourth Reich but you accept Schengen (freedom for people ans goods) is probably worst than stay under Junker and Merkel.

my two cents.

#120668 - 10/29/19 05:46 PM Re: Civil War in Britain [Re: TheChess]
fiendish Offline

your 2 SWISS cents? OK. The main problem is WAR. No war, no refugees. But when there's war in the near east, that means more refugees for Greece. Not that we can't make place for them. "One thousand good persons always fit" said my grandmother. Most of them are good people who lost their homes. I personally am not seeing refugees as a threat, they are good people who are trying to save themselves. We are good people, and the more good people come with us, we get more and better.

Medulla oblongata

#120673 - 10/29/19 10:28 PM Re: Civil War in Britain [Re: fiendish]
TheChess Offline
stranger

Loc: Switzerland
That's not complitely true: think about a indian, chinese, or polish or ceezech company that do the same job as an UK company but a 1/3 of the price. that's the law of the market.. UK company is out, foreign company win.
I trust in UK, and i'm pretty shure that a leave can be a great trust for that country.

(ndr, my country is in the middle of EU but is not part of the EU and i live every day both realities. And we're part of Schengen aerea.)

Edited by TheChess (10/29/19 10:33 PM)

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.023 seconds of which 0.003 seconds were spent on 24 queries. Zlib compression disabled.