Page 6 of 7 « First<34567>
Topic Options
#12123 - 10/02/08 02:48 AM Re: Modern Satanism isnt it just.... [Re: lux]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

I browsed a bit through your philosophy link and seriously; do you guys shut down your brain when reading that stuff? It's so contradicting it becomes embarrasing.

Look at these gems:

Quote:
1731 Freedom is the power, rooted in reason and will, to act or not to act, to do this or that, and so to perform deliberate actions on one's own responsibility. By free will one shapes one's own life. Human freedom is a force for growth and maturity in truth and goodness; it attains its perfection when directed toward God, our beatitude.

1732 As long as freedom has not bound itself definitively to its ultimate good which is God, there is the possibility of choosing between good and evil, and thus of growing in perfection or of failing and sinning. This freedom characterizes properly human acts. It is the basis of praise or blame, merit or reproach.

1733 The more one does what is good, the freer one becomes. There is no true freedom except in the service of what is good and just. the choice to disobey and do evil is an abuse of freedom and leads to "the slavery of sin."

Quote:
1849 Sin is an offense against reason, truth, and right conscience; it is failure in genuine love for God and neighbor caused by a perverse attachment to certain goods. It wounds the nature of man and injures human solidarity. It has been defined as "an utterance, a deed, or a desire contrary to the eternal law."121

1850 Sin is an offense against God: "Against you, you alone, have I sinned, and done that which is evil in your sight."122 Sin sets itself against God's love for us and turns our hearts away from it. Like the first sin, it is disobedience, a revolt against God through the will to become "like gods,"123 knowing and determining good and evil. Sin is thus "love of oneself even to contempt of God."124 In this proud self-exaltation, sin is diametrically opposed to the obedience of Jesus, which achieves our salvation.125

D.

#12124 - 10/02/08 02:57 AM Re: Modern Satanism isnt it just.... [Re: Fist]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

This Jesus being the morning star or not reminded me of another series of flics I watched a while back about astrology and the roots of christian myths. Dunno if you ever saw them but I did find them interesting.

Truth about Religion Part 1 of 3
Truth about Religion Part 2 of 3
Truth about Religion Part 3 of 3

D.

#12125 - 10/02/08 02:57 AM Re: Modern Satanism isnt it just.... [Re: fakepropht]
paradise lost Offline
Idiot: Banned
stranger

i agree with nemisis on his views.

but i have some questions because i just started the rituals like maybe a half a year ago.

but if i was to make a dumb ass move and do some thing like quit school.

by geting involved with really high priority sects such as the order of nine angles or the Church of Satan would i be able to some how fix my mistake?

all my life i was facinated with magic so facinated that i really want to work with the practice of magic.

like if a wanted a career that i liked or job i would want it to have something to do with Satanism/ or magic.

what do you guyz think?

#12127 - 10/02/08 03:33 AM Re: Modern Satanism isnt it just.... [Re: paradise lost]
daevid777 Offline

Loc: Hell's Pisshole, Texas
Go to College.

Get enrolled, take some basic courses that bore the hell out of you, and listen well. Learn all you can about Government, History, Art Appreciation, Calculus, Women or Men (is that a class now?).

Go see the guy playing Bongos for cash, and give him some, buy the crappy artwork from the bum, and give him something extra so he can get drunk and sleep in some field, and be thankful that your not playing the bongos for money, and you don't have to sleep in a field.

"Magic" is "life". "Magic" takes work...

I don't seem to be getting through, so I'll horribly paraphrase a story that means a lot to me...

The story is set in China...

Or, where-ever the fuck you want it to be, I was just trying to be dramatic...

The student comes running up to his master, and with pride, says "Master, I've learned to walk upon the water", "I can walk from here to the othe side of the river".

The master, being wise ('cause masters are supposed to be wise), smacks the shit out of this piece of shit loser-ass wannabe, and says (remember I'm paraphrasing) "You stupid-ass fuck, you can get across the river for twenty-five cents on the ferry..."

(Yeah, bad re-telling, but I like my version better, anyway.)

Life is passing by... "Do, or Do not, there is no 'try'" - that's Yoda, damnit. And if you don't know what I'm talking about, then at least listen to Yoda.

What the hell was this thread about anyway?

#12129 - 10/02/08 05:01 AM Re: Modern Satanism isnt it just.... [Re: Diavolo]
DistroyA Offline

Loc: Mansfield, Nottinghamshire, UK
 Originally Posted By: Diavolo
This Jesus being the morning star or not reminded me of another series of flics I watched a while back about astrology and the roots of christian myths. Dunno if you ever saw them but I did find them interesting.

Truth about Religion Part 1 of 3
Truth about Religion Part 2 of 3
Truth about Religion Part 3 of 3

D.
Zeitgeist. A very enlightening view methinks. Gives a lot to think about, and isn't offensive about it either. Plus it gives evidence to back it up the claims as well.

#12131 - 10/02/08 07:22 AM Re: Modern Satanism isnt it just.... [Re: DistroyA]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

I can't say if all information in the movie is verified or beyond doubt but personally I do think Jesus is nothing but a composed figure. If you think about memetics and religion, it makes sense that roots of older religions and myths can be found in more recent versions. We see in later aspects of christianity how they absorbed pagan myths and gods.
Religion seems to be some sort of mutating meme(cluster) with a very strong survival potency.

There are also some remarkable parallels between the last part of the Jesus myth and those of the Assyrian-Babylonian Bel.
This site gives more details about it (halfway down the page or so):

link:
Ancient Egyptian Mythical Parallels to the Jesus Myth

D.

#12132 - 10/02/08 09:59 AM Re: Modern Satanism isnt it just.... [Re: lux]
Fist Moderator Offline
veteran member

Loc: B'mo Cautious MF
 Quote:
Do you want to believe in God?

No. Does that help you out now? If I am going to believe in something I will believe in myself. I have also been known to have faith in the guy to the left and right of me.

I have answered you direct question with a direct answer. Now it is my turn:

Do you believe in Santa Clause and the Easter Bunny?

#12136 - 10/02/08 03:06 PM Re: Modern Satanism isnt it just.... [Re: Fist]
The Zebu Offline

Loc: Orlando, FL
haha, I think we've used that example to death.
:|

Zeitgeist does have the overall right idea, but annoys me because it is inaccurate with regards to a lot of small details.

So anyways, I think the major difference is that we don't believe in ideas like "sanctity" or "sin", so Lux's arguments derived from these concepts aren't really going to matter...

#12137 - 10/02/08 03:19 PM Re: Modern Satanism isnt it just.... [Re: The Zebu]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

Quote:

Everything is an illusion. You are an illusion, this forum is an illusion the whole world is an illusion. The only thing wich isn't an illusion is me because I know I'll be there for myself the rest of my life.

So this means, believing is creating an illusion within an illusion. That makes god negative and not existant.

#12140 - 10/02/08 03:31 PM Re: Modern Satanism isnt it just.... [Re: Dimitri]
DistroyA Offline

Originally Posted By: Dimitri
 Quote:

Everything is an illusion. You are an illusion, this forum is an illusion the whole world is an illusion. The only thing wich isn't an illusion is me because I know I'll be there for myself the rest of my life.

So this means, believing is creating an illusion within an illusion. That makes god negative and not existant.
Sounds like you're a nihilist. Nothing wrong with that ideal at all.

As for the thread, why won't it die? Heheh

#12141 - 10/02/08 04:30 PM Re: Modern Satanism isnt it just.... [Re: DistroyA]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

I'm not a nihilist DistroyA, I'm more of a person who says such things for fun. And I happen to notice most people who claim their religion is the true one can't come up with a nice answer on it.

And perhaps I'm bit too tired and don't know what I'm saying..

#12145 - 10/02/08 05:41 PM Re: Modern Satanism isnt it just.... [Re: Dimitri]
DistroyA Offline

Oh right. Sorry. My mistake.

I guess I misinterpreted your response, as from what I've read up on the subject, nihilism suggests that everything is an illusion and that nothing exists. I guess I got my wires crossed and assumed too early. Oh well, lesson learned, eh? \:\)

#12149 - 10/02/08 06:13 PM Re: Modern Satanism isnt it just.... [Re: DistroyA]
lux Offline
Banned
pledge

Loc: Newcastle UK
"Do you believe in Santa Clause and the Easter Bunny?"

It depends, I believe in them because they are good to get kids excited but by no means should santa claus and the easter bunny replace the real reasons why we celebrate christmas and easter, I especially believe in them if they are used in the correct manner of educating children about the resurection/spring/ new life, easter bunny/ easter chicks, rebirth in christ. how santa claus is really based on St Nicholas who would give children presents around at the festival of Christs birth,how christ recieved presents from special people becuase he was a king and that St Nicholas for his kindness and the kind of life he lead, is a special person a saint by and we know he has eternal life, so we follow his example and give each other presnts, each one of us is santa claus, each one of us is the easter bunny.

Yes if used in the right context I believe in them but if used in the wrong context, to detract the mind away from their true meaning then obviously i dont believe in them in that way

Edited by lux (10/02/08 06:15 PM)

#12150 - 10/02/08 06:26 PM Re: Modern Satanism isnt it just.... [Re: lux]
ZephyrGirl Offline
R.I.P.

Loc: Adelaide Australia
 Quote:
What if other NEEDED you to beleive in God

Like who? My kids don't need me to, they are free to make up their own minds. My parents and brothers and sister don't need me to, neither does my employer, partner, friends or aquaintances. So who then is left? Strangers? I don't care what a stranger needs to continue his self dillusion.

You however, haven't answered one of the question I posed in my thread to you. Which means one of two things:

1) You didn't actually read it properly as you are a rude prick.

2) You don't like or have any answers to the questions, so you have decided to ignore them as you are a rude prick.

So again my question.

Name me one good reason that a person shouldn't be selfish if that is their natural disposition, without using God, the bible or the Church in the answer?

Zeph

#12151 - 10/02/08 07:26 PM Re: Modern Satanism isnt it just.... [Re: lux]
Fist Moderator Offline
veteran member

Loc: B'mo Cautious MF
 Quote:
It depends, I believe in them because ....

?

WTF?

Ok, this is really simple. A yes or no will do. Do you believe in Santa Clause and the Easter Bunny?

By the way, the real reason we have the Xmas shopping season and Easter is because early Xtians co-opted ancient pagan holidays celebrating the end of the winter solstice and the fertility of spring.

Page 6 of 7 « First<34567>

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.028 seconds of which 0.003 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.