Page 3 of 3 <123
Topic Options
#13876 - 11/04/08 08:23 PM Re: Satanic ritual and different Satanic sects. [Re: Fabiano]
The Zebu Offline

Loc: Orlando, FL
You can look at the "mechanism of ritual magic" thread for that. But to put it simply, most people believe that ritual can be used as a form of psychodrama. Some people don't see a use for it, while others go so far as to believe it has some kind of supernatural effect... which of course is (*insert colorful adjective here; I'm tired of saying "bullshit")

I believe it is illogical to believe in any kind of personal deity. The majority of so-called "Spiritual Satanists" are usually gullible, immature people who put their "faith" behind the most ridiculous of ideas (like that they can perform powerful magic spells, or that Satan "talks" to them personally)... no better than fundamentalist Christians. However, there are a few intelligent people who externalize the idea of Satan as a deity yet actually seem to have their heads screwed on right. (the person who runs theisticsatanism.com comes to mind) So I can't quite bring myself to villainize ALL theistic satanists. I may challenge their belief in gods but I certainly am in no position to take away their right to call themselves "Satanists".

#16353 - 12/17/08 03:10 AM Re: Satanic ritual and different Satanic sects. [Re: Dan_Dread]
satanicfly87 Offline
stranger

Loc: Thomson, Georgia
I have to agree that is sounds rather paradoxical to state "I am a theistic satanist." After all, the goal (at least for myself) is to be free from those bonds of worship when I can worship myself. But hey, whatever floats your boat...In the end, though, I think both aspects of "Satanism" lead to the same place.

#16394 - 12/17/08 05:35 PM Re: Satanic ritual and different Satanic sects. [Re: satanicfly87]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Loc: Vancouver, Canada
 Quote:

in the end, though, I think both aspects of "Satanism" lead to the same place.

I would heartily and robustly disagree.
Just out of curiosity, where is this place where you think they end up/intersect?

In my opinion autotheism and deity worship are complete inversions of each other. Opposite directions. Search the Satanism forum for a post labeled 'The inside out God' to see my thoughts on this issue.

#16403 - 12/17/08 07:09 PM Re: Satanic ritual and different Satanic sects. [Re: Dan_Dread]
satanicfly87 Offline
stranger

Loc: Thomson, Georgia
I think they would end up intersecting where they both realize that God is not needed. You are your only God.

#16412 - 12/17/08 08:17 PM Re: Satanic ritual and different Satanic sects. [Re: Dan_Dread]
The Zebu Offline

Loc: Orlando, FL
I think it's possible to "believe in" Satan as a supernatural force, or even as a deity that embodies such a force... but to actually worship or sacrifice to this entity would not make sense.... kinda like "Satanic Deism" if you get my drift.

Edited by The Zebu (12/17/08 08:26 PM)

#17128 - 12/29/08 05:51 AM Re: Satanic ritual and different Satanic sects. [Re: satanicfly87]
spiderbreeder Offline

Loc: Sydney,Australia
The Genuine Satanist already realises that "God isn't needed"
Why have a need for something that has no basis in reality whatsoever? We already realise that we are our own Gods.
So when both kinds of "Satanists" meet at the crossroads, one group will already be in the know.
The "Theistics" are the ones that will eventually come to the above conclusion if they can study themselves, and all of life's trappings intricately enough, but the majority of them won't. Their too busy paying homage to something outside of themselves to even bother with a bit of good, old fashioned self contemplation , and the self disipline that is needed to objectively study life, and their fellow man/beast for what they really are is basically unobtainable to a tangible extent - their too busy reporting back to "The Dark One" to realistically be able to set aside the time for anything pointing to the fact that God/Satan doesn't exist in the literal sense.

I can understand where a lot of people are coming from in this thread, but I totally resonate with the opinions that the term "theistic Satanist" is extremely oxymoronic. A "Dry,rainy day" indeed...

Page 3 of 3 <123

Moderator:  SkaffenAmtiskaw, fakepropht, TV is God, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.02 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 19 queries. Zlib compression disabled.