Page 1 of 4 1234>
Topic Options
#11908 - 09/27/08 01:31 PM The Satanic Bible`
lux Offline
Banned
pledge

Loc: Newcastle UK
I have just read a few books in the Satanic Bible, its just athiesm... I see a poor man who fails to understand the christian persepctive, who reduces it all to basic fairy tales, puts that up as the real true christianity and then tears it down. It seems he has a problem with Christianity not an affinity with the devil.

"All devout "white-lighters" are concerned with pleasing God so that they might have the
"Pearly Gates" opened for them when they die."

That is untrue, salvation does not come from "good works"

"The Catholics believe that the Protestants are doomed to Hell simply because they do not belong to the Catholic Church"

again this is untrue, since protestants are part of the Catholic church even if they dont accept it, baptism is into the Catholic faith. What is more we do not say anyone is doomed to hell. We say there is no ASSURANCE of salvation outside the catholic church, we do not presume to know what will become of the man in deepest darkest africa who has never heard the word...But even these people are in kind part of the Catholic Church because we by our faith and prayers entrust the souls of such people into the merciful hands of Christ.

"What better way than through
"prayer"! What a simperingly polite way of saying: "I hate your guts,"

Prayer is not about hatred, its about love.. if someone loves someone they will want the best for them, they will offer them what they feel is best for them and if they reject it, there is nothing more a christian can do, prayer is the entrustment of their soul into God's loving and caring hands....odd way of hating someone.... sure you hate the error, but the person... not at all.

"If we hope and pray for something to come about, we will not act in a positive way which will
make it happen"

But if we have no hope of that something to come about we will not act at all, since it would be hopeless.

"Cursed are the poor in spirit, for they shall be spat upon!"

Lovely, lets spit at people!

"Cursed are the feeble, for they shall be blotted out!"

Ah a Darwinism, is this really the type of world you want to bring about! Where anyone stronger than you has the right to Blot you out?

Evidence of a new satanic age is a good read and dont think the Cathoic Church is not well aware of this "new satanic age", we are steadfast in proclaiming the gospel, that the bible is an eternal book not out of date, and with the rise of this "new satanic age", it is clearly relevant. you have to remember that the Catholic mission is the same as Christs, we have to be born, we did that at the first pentecost, grow, we did that, teach the world, we have done that and now its time to suffer and soon enough it will be time to die....we know!

But after Good friday past easter sunday came, the ressurection. The New life.

#11909 - 09/27/08 02:00 PM Re: The Satanic Bible` [Re: lux]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

Quote:
Prayer is not about hatred, its about love..

Mostly a prayer about someone who did wrong to you is something like "Father please forgive his sins, he didn't know what he was doing" or something. It can actually be translated as: forgive this poor bastard 'cause he is an idiot. Hate is also a form of love, but most people seem to forget that part....

Quote:
Not the first time I heard that, I asked once to a person who said this: how do I get my salvation then? He answered something like divine plan and that it is up to god because he knows all. Does that idea is the same aplied to you? To be honest I think it is hypocrite. In the end it wouldn't even matter if I had sins, god decides who enters or get salvation and who doesn't. And to me it doesn't stroke with the idea of a real neutral judge. He can judge on looks, ideas, behaviour, money... There is no one who can say he may not judge that way.....

Quote:
But if we have no hope of that something to come about we will not act at all, since it would be hopeless.

We don't use hope in the form of prayer, we use hope in the form of ideas and actions. It is to say; a satanist wants to have a happy joyfull life. If something terrible happens our main purpose is bringing it down and try to achieve once again our good lives. This forms our hope and not an almighty god wich is doubtfull to help.

Quote:
Lovely, lets spit at people!

Much more fun then turning the other cheek as a real wussy, however it takes some guts to do it... On the other hand it can be quite dumb 'cause you are tempting the other one to kick your ass totally. Better have a little chat and spit on a descend way on you oppenent.

Quote:
Evidence of a new satanic age is a good read and dont think the Cathoic Church is not well aware of this "new satanic age", we are steadfast in proclaiming the gospel, that the bible is an eternal book not out of date, and with the rise of this "new satanic age", it is clearly relevant. you have to remember that the Catholic mission is the same as Christs, we have to be born, we did that at the first pentecost, grow, we did that, teach the world, we have done that and now its time to suffer and soon enough it will be time to die....we know!
Personally i'm not a great fan of Docter Laveye, he became a bit Loco in the end but anyway.
In my opinion it isn't us satanists that our the real evil or the persons who are to be dealt with if the apocalypse may happen. I more belief it would be the Christians themselves. If you take a look at their history they really have the same things as the satan described within the bible. Misleaded, they have some sort hierachy with codes, and so on. Satanism as I know it is quite chaotique, there is almost no hierachy (except for these theistic idiots who perform a sort of inversed christianity), and most of all we are quite friendly if ever met in person.

#11916 - 09/27/08 07:48 PM Re: The Satanic Bible` [Re: lux]
Fabiano Offline

Quote:
"All devout "white-lighters" are concerned with pleasing God so that they might have the
"Pearly Gates" opened for them when they die."

Indeed, this is well explained in the Epistle to the Romans. Ro 3-27 "It's the justice of God by the faith in J-C for all ... and they're freely justifed by his faith").

But first, don't most of the "Catholic lambda" do good things for going to heaven rather than burning in hell for eternity.
How many of them can freely give without any kind of "return of investment" idea behind this act. How many can be truely mushotoku ?

Second, being justified by the faith means that one just has to believe blindly without asking any question and he'll be saved. Don't dare to emit some doubt, don't dare to ask for facts & figures. Just adore God and belief in J-C and you'll be saved. Do the opposite, God will withdraw you his love and will send you in hell with the "evil Satan". Staline did almost the same with his opposant isn't it? Anyway, if I must burn in Hell for eternity, I prefer to be one of the Satan's friend. \:D

I'm probably cursed and my soul lost as I denied God & J-C. So it means that whatever good action I'll do it will count for nothing. Thanks God, you're realy fair play ! :-).
Note that in this position, I'm probably better placed to be able to give freely without any hope of return ! ;\) How God can be so devious?

Quote:
We say there is no ASSURANCE of salvation outside the catholic church,

Do you say also there is an ASSURANCE of salvation inside the Catholic Church? You can have two positions here :
1. The sectarian one saying salvation is inside the church. Meaning the muslims, the bouddhist, the Hnidouists, the atheists,... have no chance to be saved.
2. The non sectarian one saying that sincere men will be saved. Meaning that the sincere muslim or Hindoust or Atheist, the one who beliefs in his values and try to apply them in his day to day live will be saved.

If you choose 1. you have a problem (considered as dangerous for the society, for instance by the french law against sects), if you choose 2. you must admit that myself, as a sincere Satanist, I'll be saved too. \:\)

Quote:
But after Good friday past easter sunday came, the ressurection. The New life.

That's the point. Are you sure there will be a New Life? We don't belive in Heaven & Hell, we just know we're on Earth !

All my previous comments were made from a theistic point of view (just to be on the same wavelength than you) but I'm not. I repeat: I do not belive in Hell & Heaven, they're just illusions.

Fabiano

#11935 - 09/28/08 08:18 AM Re: The Satanic Bible` [Re: Fabiano]
lux Offline
Banned
pledge

“Mostly a prayer about someone who did wrong to you is something like "Father please forgive his sins, he didn't know what he was doing" or something. It can actually be translated as: forgive this poor bastard 'cause he is an idiot. Hate is also a form of love, but most people seem to forget that part.... “

I suppose it could be translated into that if you want to use rhetoric but technically I suppose it could be. I mean JC said that on the Cross, if he truly was the son of God then were not the Jews and romans idiots for rejecting him, if we are taking things to the extreme ( I don’t want to be insulting) then if Jesus does exist and is the son of God then arnt you an “idiot” for rejecting him also?

And if he is not real, am I not an idiot for believing?

“Not the first time I heard that, I asked once to a person who said this: how do I get my salvation then? He answered something like divine plan and that it is up to god because he knows all.”

Well accept it as a free gift, salvation is for all who want it. But its not really enough just to say “I am saved” hey.. no you really have to want it… and how can you really want something you don’t believe in?

“Much more fun then turning the other cheek as a real wussy”

Yeah Jesus was a wuss, Peter, Paul all those matyred for their faith…. Real wussy like!

“But first, don't most of the "Catholic lambda" do good things for going to heaven rather than burning in hell for eternity.”

Well no not at all, Catholics do good works first and foremost because they love God, 2nd because they love their fellow man.

“How many of them can freely give without any kind of "return of investment" idea behind this act. How many can be truely mushotoku ?“

We are in a debt to Christ we can never pay back, but he has written that debt off, it is from a sense of gratitude that Good works come.

And when we look we see this teaching coming from Jesus that this is how it should be, it just actually works, it just manifests itself that way, there is no pain but joy in giving because your actually thanking God, rejoicing and so it makes you happy to give…. Its strange how it works, but it does…don’t ask me why but it does! “freely you have received, now freely give”

“Second, being justified by the faith means that one just has to believe blindly without asking any question and he'll be saved. Don't dare to emit some doubt, don't dare to ask for facts & figures”

Like I said on the other thread, Mother Teresa doubted she believe was almost certain she did not but she had faith.

There is belief in Jesus and then there is faith in Jesus. There is belief he exists (hope for the next world) and faith in his philosophy (hope for this world) and faith in his promises.(hope for this world and the next)

“Do you say also there is an ASSURANCE of salvation inside the Catholic Church?”

Yes that is the only assured way.

“You can have two positions here :
1. The sectarian one saying salvation is inside the church. Meaning the muslims, the bouddhist, the Hnidouists, the atheists,... have no chance to be saved.
2. The non sectarian one saying that sincere men will be saved. Meaning that the sincere muslim or Hindoust or Atheist, the one who beliefs in his values and try to apply them in his day to day live will be saved.

If you choose 1. you have a problem (considered as dangerous for the society, for instance by the french law against sects), if you choose 2. you must admit that myself, as a sincere Satanist, I'll be saved too. ”

Well neither of those are the Catholic View, the only assurance of salvation is within the Catholic Church….. we do not suppose to know what God will do with muslims Buddhists atheists…we only know that salvation is ASSURED only in the Catholic Faith by Jesus Christs promises… we don’t know what will happen to those not in the Catholic faith, but we do believe in the love of god and in the mercy of Jesus Christ… our hope is that they too get salvation, but there is no assurance of it.

“That's the point. Are you sure there will be a New Life? We don't belive in Heaven & Hell, we just know we're on Earth !”

I was speaking in earthly terms there, that Catholicism will seem as though it is dead but will seemingly come back to life, much stronger and glorified. But I do believe in an after life, am I sure…no but I have faith in the promises of Christ.

#11939 - 09/28/08 09:29 AM Re: The Satanic Bible` [Re: lux]
DistroyA Offline

Loc: Mansfield, Nottinghamshire, UK
Okay, I've gotta add my 2 cents into this whole Jesus Christ argument.

You keep saying he existed and that he was the son of God. Now all I can say to that is this;

Jesus, the public speaker. I believe he may very well have existed back in the olden times. As for if he was the son of God, that's debatable.

You keep preaching to us all, when really, it's a futile effort. We're all more sceptical than you expect, and we won't blindly say "My lord, Jesus Christ; I accept thee into my heart and repent all the sins I have committed." What makes you think we will? Because armageddon's coming? That's about as real as the Large Hadron Collider creating a black hole that will consume the world.

As for the after life, I'm quite open minded to that theory, but not in a Judeo-Christian way of thinking. But that's just my view point.

Now onto the subject of salvation, you say this;

Quote:
we do not suppose to know what God will do with muslims Buddhists atheists…we only know that salvation is ASSURED only in the Catholic Faith by Jesus Christs promises

That seems to me that so long as YOU are saved, it doesn't really matter if anyone who doesn't believe is "saved". How very "altruistic" of you.

Then you say this;

Quote:
but we do believe in the love of god and in the mercy of Jesus Christ… our hope is that they too get salvation, but there is no assurance of it.

Make your mind up please Lux.

The fact that you've had the outright nerve to come onto a Satanic forum to challenge us is quite ballsy, so you get some respect for that. The problem I have is that you keep going in circles with your arguments, and therefore, they seem pointless. It seems obvious to me that we're just going to get the same response from you every time, and we aren't going to get anywhere on either side. We're both set in our ways, and that's it.

That's all I can say on this matter. And that's all I will say, as we'll be going in a constant circle if we debate this matter further.

#11941 - 09/28/08 10:08 AM Re: The Satanic Bible` [Re: DistroyA]
lux Offline
Banned
pledge

"You keep saying he existed and that he was the son of God"

I keep say *I believe* he exists and that he is the son of God.

"if he was the son of God, that's debatable."

I get a sense of agnosticism from this comment.

are there satanists on this forum who if not believe in a real satan consider it a possibility?

"That seems to me that so long as YOU are saved, it doesn't really matter if anyone who doesn't believe is "saved". How very "altruistic" of you."

Make your mind up please Lux.

No we obviously would like them to become Catholics and share in the Assurance of salvation but often it does not happen,with such people we simply entrust them to the mercy of Christ.

I am not preaching my faith to you, but defending my faith TSB certainly has a lot to say about what Christianity is, there are plenty of misconceptions

#11942 - 09/28/08 10:28 AM Re: The Satanic Bible` [Re: lux]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

Quote:
I keep say *I believe* he exists and that he is the son of God

As far as I am concerned, he existed but he is dead now. And also he isn't the son of god, they made him son of god within the concile of Nicea.

Quote:
are there satanists on this forum who if not believe in a real satan consider it a possibility?

To be honest I doubt about that.

Quote:
No we obviously would like them to become Catholics and share in the Assurance of salvation but often it does not happen,with such people we simply entrust them to the mercy of Christ.

Quote:
I am not preaching my faith to you, but defending my faith TSB certainly has a lot to say about what Christianity is, there are plenty of misconceptions

For starters, what are we doing wrong if we do not believe in god? I mean, assume everything in the bible is true, god shall forgive us because we didn't know for sure. And he would forgive us because of the hypocrisy within the church itself who has possibly turned away much people.

Quote:

Question to you my friend, why are you defending your faith? We as a person haven't attacked it (yet)?

#11943 - 09/28/08 10:59 AM Re: The Satanic Bible` [Re: Dimitri]
lux Offline
Banned
pledge

"As far as I am concerned, he existed but he is dead now. And also he isn't the son of god, they made him son of god within the concile of Nicea."

Christians always held the belief that Jesus was and is God, The Son of the God head, it is littered throughout our early texts. In The NT Peter declares "I say you are the Christ, The son of the most high" to which Jesus replys "Blessed art thou, Simon son of Jonah for flesh and blood has not reveled this to you but my father in heaven"

A lot of heresy was kicking about at the time regarding the divinity of Christ, the council simply made it an artical of faith.

"For starters, what are we doing wrong if we do not believe in god? I mean, assume everything in the bible is true, god shall forgive us because we didn't know for sure. And he would forgive us because of the hypocrisy within the church itself who has possibly turned away much people£

Maybe God would forgive you I dont know. Thats upto God. but would you want to be forgiven?

"Question to you my friend, why are you defending your faith? We as a person haven't attacked it (yet)? "

I dont mean defending it from attack but from misconceptions.

#11945 - 09/28/08 11:14 AM Re: The Satanic Bible` [Re: lux]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

Quote:
Christians always held the belief that Jesus was and is God, The Son of the God head, it is littered throughout our early texts. In The NT Peter declares "I say you are the Christ, The son of the most high" to which Jesus replys "Blessed art thou, Simon son of Jonah for flesh and blood has not reveled this to you but my father in heaven"

Got any auditive proof of that? Didn't think so, it can't be proven he said it. He isn't here to claim he said it. There is no one else alive who was there at that moment. And also it was spoken for tens of years, there is a huge time leap where it is possible people may have invented that part. It is like the head of the scientology claiming his SF-story to be true. Can someone actually proove his words? No one can because they only "believe". Believing in something doesn't make it automatically true. Like, I believe we people have a soul. I can't prove I am right, neither can I proove wrong. You have to be critical within such things. My scientifque mind says, Not seen, not calculated --> no proof/evidence--> not existant. And you can't blame me for that. It is logical thinking.

Quote:
Maybe God would forgive you I dont know. Thats upto God. but would you want to be forgiven?
I forgive myself most of the time, I don't need others to say I'm forgiving. How I do it? I face up the consequences from my faults and I'll put them right again. No need for a invisible being of force of nature.

Quote:
I dont mean defending it from attack but from misconceptions.

I don't know about you, but I haven't got much misconceptions about X-ianity. I think most of us don't. We mostly bash on fundamentalists who claim, spread the word without knowing what they did in the past years. Xianity isn't one of the good religions. It can be seen as very dark "satanic" religion. Like the bible, god claims satan is evil. But in the whole bible God kills 100.000 people.. maybe more. The devil on the contrary who is evil himself to most of you; only kills 10.
Same goes up in reality, true satanists nowadays have killed 0 people in the last 1000 years. Inverted christians and christians slaughterd thousands and millions of people in the last 1000 years with their crusades and holy wars. Just start thinking, where lies the true evil? Within the people you believe in? Or the people like us who prefer to call them individuals?

Quote:
Much more fun then turning the other cheek as a real wussy”
You have to be more accurate you know. I indeed said those words but there was added "however it takes some guts to do it, in that case you are brave, or on other hand you are dumb".

Quote:
I suppose it could be translated into that if you want to use rhetoric but technically I suppose it could be. I mean JC said that on the Cross, if he truly was the son of God then were not the Jews and romans idiots for rejecting him, if we are taking things to the extreme ( I don’t want to be insulting) then if Jesus does exist and is the son of God then arnt you an “idiot” for rejecting him also?

Slight misunderstanding here wich most of these xians make. Saying you don't believe in him doesn't makes you rejecting him. There is one huge difference between rejection and disbelieve.
I believe in christ as a human being (and probably the first satanic one), that he indeed existed, that he was a good speaker, but not that he was a son of god and had incredible forces. He was just a man like you and me. That's all, he fucked maria magdalena, he liked boobies as a real man, he took a shit when he had to go to the toilet, he farted and he burped.

Edited by Dimitri (09/28/08 11:25 AM)

#11946 - 09/28/08 11:21 AM Re: The Satanic Bible` [Re: Dimitri]
DistroyA Offline

Loc: Mansfield, Nottinghamshire, UK
 Originally Posted By: Dimitri
 Quote:

Question to you my friend, why are you defending your faith? We as a person haven't attacked it (yet)?
I couldn't have put it better myself. This is pretty much what I was thinking when I read all of the preaching, and it IS preaching Lux.

Quite frankly, I don't care if you are Catholic or not. What bothers me is that you come in here and start "defending" your faith when we as a community haven't attacked it. I will agree that TSB has attacked Christianity/Catholicism/whichever, but only in an informative way. Thing is, Christianity isn't important anymore to society today. Sure, there are still people, like yourself, who follow Catholicism/Christianity as much as they possibly can, where as a lot of people seem to think that's the label they should have, but they don't really take it seriously. And if they don't take it seriously, why should they even label themselves Christians in the first place?

As for Satanists thinking there may be a possibility of a divine creator, I wouldn't know. I'm agnostic and healthily sceptical when it comes to this sort of thing. It could be possible, but how should I know? If there was such a divine creator, why should he/she/it care what we do on this planet and what we do with our lives?

And whilst we're on the subject of caring about what other people do with their own lives, why should you care what I or anyone else does with his/her life? It's not affecting you, since we're in no way on a crusade to "convert" people, unlike yourself.

#11947 - 09/28/08 11:25 AM Re: The Satanic Bible` [Re: lux]
Nemesis Offline

Loc: US
Lux, I appreciate the point you're trying to get across to us. While you're not necessarily preaching to us, per se, you ARE telling us things many of us already know, and have rejected or come to find as false. More than half of the Satanists on this forum were once considered Christians, some hardcore, some with just a mild investment in it. You say there are many misconceptions about the Christian faith, yet how can you argue that with people who have either been raised in the belief or been "born-again", trying to find something to give them meaning in their lives, only to find nothing but guilt and shame heaped upon them for being who they are, by this very faith?

Quote:
Well accept it as a free gift, salvation is for all who want it.

And yet nothing in life is truly free, and in this case, you have to blindly believe in something that cannot be proven to exist, rejecting or simply ignoring all information to the contrary. You are taking a step backward in your mental evolution, regressing to a child-like view of the world. You are in a way, giving up your personal accountability, and transferring it onto to God or Christ. That's like living with your parents until you're 30, letting them make the hard decisions for you, just so long as you do your laundry and wash the dishes.

Quote:
Yeah Jesus was a wuss, Peter, Paul all those martyred for their faith…. Real wussy like!

Martyrdom is a waste of life, no matter what the cause is for. It's just as useless for Muslims to blow themselves up for Allah as it is for Christians to die for their God. Jesus and his apostles would have been better off continuing to do their good works and giving hope to people until they died of old age or some other natural causes. Yet here again, God's cruelty and mercilessness is shown, letting his "son" be dragged through the streets, nailed to a cross and left to die in agony. Gee, thanks Dad, you're a fucking peach. There are dozens of accounts of these "tests of faith" and similar kinds of bullshit throughout the Bible. All it does for us is serve to illustrate what an ultimate nut-job the Judeo-Christian god is, and how far away we'd like to stay from him.

Quote:
We are in a debt to Christ we can never pay back

If I wanted to be in debt, I'd rack my credit cards up. Seriously, nobody asked Christ to die for us. That's like a friend buying you a car and "hoping" you'll drive him around in it all the time. The Christian faith comes with a heavy burden and quite honestly, I have more important things to concern myself with. Such as, living my life the way I see fit, with no strings attached, no "cross" to bear throughout my life.

Quote:
there is no pain but joy in giving because your actually thanking God, rejoicing and so it makes you happy to give…. Its strange how it works, but it does…don’t ask me why but it does! “freely you have received, now freely give”

Why does giving have to be tied to God? Giving has been a benefit to societies since the beginning of evolved mammals. And no, that wasn't a few thousands years ago either! To apes, dolphins and whales, and birds (and probably a bunch of other critters as well), giving is survival. If you help someone out, there's a good chance you'll receive aid in the future when you need it. Humans did this, and the practice evolved over time into being a ritual, as well as attaching emotional connotations to the act.

Quote:
Evidence of a new satanic age is a good read and don't think the Catholic Church is not well aware of this "new satanic age", we are steadfast in proclaiming the gospel

And yet, all across the world, the numbers of Catholics are on a steady decline. That's because more and more people have found peace and understanding outside religion, or have discovered more tolerant ones that are not so rigid.

Quote:
the bible is an eternal book

Incorrect. The Old Testament contains the same books as the Tanakh, or Hebrew Bible. However it divides and orders them differently, and varies from Judaism in interpretation and emphasis. So, the Bible as you know it has been around as long as the Jews have, circa 1500-2000 BC.

#11948 - 09/28/08 11:32 AM Re: The Satanic Bible` [Re: Nemesis]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

Quote:
Yeah Jesus was a wuss, Peter, Paul all those matyred for their faith…. Real wussy like!

I would like to add on this, that's not being a wussy, that's the price of being idiot and not looking out what you are doing.
Just as Nemsis said: dying as a martyr is one of the most idiot ways to go. I prefer to die in peace... or with my sexual frustrated mind: dying on a bed surrounded by nice-looking ladies with their boobies on my body. Now that's a pleasant way to die...

#11949 - 09/28/08 12:24 PM Re: The Satanic Bible` [Re: Nemesis]
lux Offline
Banned
pledge

"Got any auditive proof of that? Didn't think so"

I accept it on the authority of the Catholic Church, we take a lot on authority we believe the hollocaust happened on authority of historians etc.

"Thing is, Christianity isn't important anymore to society today"

I am unsure about that comment, society dosnt see the importance of Christianity, I dont think that is true... or Christianity has nothing important that it can give society.. i dont think that is true either.

"why should you care what I or anyone else does with his/her life?"

Because we care about other people..why should we care about other people... because we love other people, why should we love others

1.Because we are Christians and are taught to care about people

2. because loving others is beneficial to mankind

"Yet here again, God's cruelty and mercilessness is shown, letting his "son" be dragged through the streets, nailed to a cross and left to die in agony. Gee, thanks Dad, you're a fucking peach"

LOL!!! That is funny.

You see failure to understand Christianity brings about these misconception, first of all Christians believe Jesus is God made man, it was Jesus will to do this, it was his reason to wanting to become man. I wont "Preach" to you about the attonement, but will just let you know you have not understood it...if you want me to try to explain it, let me know and i will.

"And yet, all across the world, the numbers of Catholics are on a steady decline. That's because more and more people have found peace and understanding outside religion, or have discovered more tolerant ones that are not so rigid."

Vatican City, May 27, 2008 / 10:30 am (CNA).- The latest statistics for the Catholic Church have been released by the Vatican for the years 2000-2006. The results show that the overall population has remained stable but that Europe’s population has continued to decline (What else can be expected since the whole of Europe is suffering a "depopulation crisis") while African and Asia have maintained strong growth.

The Statistical Yearbook of the Church, says that over the seven year period, the Catholic presence in the world has remained stable at around 17.3 percent of the total population.

The number of Catholics in Europe has only shown a *one percent increase*, despite the fact that 25 percent of all Catholics live there. All other areas of the world showed a more substantial increase. In the Americas and in Oceania the number of Catholics grew by 8.4 percent and 7.6 percent respectively; in Asia they remained more or less stable with respect to population growth, whereas in Africa they increased from 130 million in 2000 to 158.3 million in 2006.

The ranks of the clergy also saw an upswing with the number of bishops in the world rising from 4,541 in 2000 to 4,898 in 2006, an increase of 7.86 percent.

The number of priests also increased slightly over this seven-year period by about 2,000, that is from 405,178 in 2000 to 407,262 in 2006, an overall rise of around 0.51 percent.

In keeping with the trend in Catholic population growth, the global south (Africa and Asia) saw priestly vocations increase by 23.24 percent and 17.71 percent respectively. The Americas maintained their number of priests, while Europe and Oceania witnessed a decline in their priestly ranks of 5.75 percent 4.37 percent correspondingly.

The number of diocesan priests increased by two percent, going from 265,781 in 2000 to 271,091 in 2006. By contrast, the number of religious order priests showed a constant decline, down by 2.31 percent to 136,000 in 2006.

Europe was the only continent to take a hit in the number of religious order priests: in 2000 they represented 51 percent of the world total, in 2006 just 48 percent. On the other hand, Asia and Africa together represented 17.5 percent of the world total in 2000 and 21 percent in 2006. The Americas remained steady at around 30 percent, and Oceania a little more than one percent.

Non-ordained religious numbered 55.057 in the year 2000 and 55,107 in 2006. Comparing this data by continent, Europe showed a strong decline (down by 12.01 percent), as did Oceania (16.83 percent), the Americas remained stable, while Asia and Africa increased (respectively, by 30.63 percent and 8.13 percent).

Female religious are almost double the number of priests, and 14 times that of non-ordained male religious, but their numbers are falling, from 800,000 in 2000 to 750,000 in 2006. As for their geographical distribution, 42 percent reside in Europe, 28.03 percent in America and 20 percent in Asia. The number of female religious has increased in the most dynamic continents: Africa (up by 15.45 percent) and Asia (up by 12.78 percent).

A final bright spot that the statistical yearbook noted was an upswing in the number of seminarians in diocesan and religious seminaries. Globally, their numbers increased from 110.583 in 2000 to more than 115.000 in 2006, a growth of 4.43 percent. In Africa and Asia their numbers went up whereas Europe saw a reduction of around 16 percent.

http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/new.php?n=12752

By Eternal book I meant in relevance

#11957 - 09/28/08 06:06 PM Re: The Satanic Bible` [Re: lux]
Fabiano Offline

Lux,

You said the only assured way of salvation is Catholic Church. I was about to ask you how you define the "Catholic Church". From your previous post where you refer to some statictics from the Vatican City, I have the answer.

Do you now realise I'm included in your stats because I was baptised when I was a baby? Do I thus have also my insurance for salvation? If not, it means I'm not a Catholic and your stats are wrong ! (if yes, thanks the pope or whoever for my pass to Heaven ! LOL)
There is a huge difference between the Churchs and their member as officialy defined/counted and the set of those who really believe in the religion the official Church represents.

If you consider the Catholic Church like that, and you add it's the only assured way of salvation, and you finish by perhaps non christians will be saved by or God because we know him mercifully. Then, I think your position is dangerously close to sectarism!

Fabiano

#11959 - 09/28/08 07:37 PM Re: The Satanic Bible` [Re: Fabiano]
blsk Offline

Loc: salem or
Lux. Since you chose to pick and choose from the TSB(much like your own), LaVey also mentions your idolatry(which you conveniently failed to mention). How do you defend your glamorous crosses and rosaries. Are not those man made and taken from the earth? Also, your bible says to stay away from people like us as "bad associations spoil useful habbits." I am in no way asking you to leave, I kinda like this sort of discussion. Again I am simply asking you how you defend this. Picking and choosing and what not. One more thing. Do you believe "god" takes people for a greater purpose? A reasoning often regarding death.

Page 1 of 4 1234>

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.032 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.