Page 1 of 2 12>
Topic Options
#12348 - 10/08/08 01:22 AM Anyone into black metal or a BM band?
BloodHorn Offline

Loc: Stockbridge Ga
just wondering,how many people are into the BM scene?
also if anyone is in a BM band?
i have a solo project called BloodFrost.I'm currently inactive with it at the time,due to money problems.but I am looking to sing for a band in,or around the Atlanta Ga area.
Anyway,if there are fans of the scene I look forward to hearing from you.
A few of my favorite bands are,
Black Torment
Wind Of The Black Mountains {RIP Tchort}
Beherit
Absurd
Horned Almighty
Grand Belials Key
Kreig
ChemiKiller
Genocya
Gates Of Enoch{RIP Krullenzith}
Iron Legion
Ezurate
And the list goes on and on.

#12360 - 10/08/08 12:11 PM Re: Anyone into black metal or a BM band? [Re: BloodHorn]
The Zebu Offline

Loc: Orlando, FL
I listen to the oldschool stuff like Burzum, Carpathian Forest, and Immortal... popular bands like Dimmu Borgir and obscure ones like Bergraven.

I am in a sort-of black metal sort-of-EBM sort-of-electrorock band called Ferrum Dei (myspace.com/ferrumdei). I do growly vocals. Rawr.

Edited by The Zebu (10/08/08 12:11 PM)

#12362 - 10/08/08 01:12 PM Re: Anyone into black metal or a BM band? [Re: The Zebu]
DistroyA Offline

Loc: Mansfield, Nottinghamshire, UK
In some respects, God Dethroned are somewhat BM, but it's more Death Metal with melodic and Black Metal influences thrown in than anything.

To be honest, I've never been a big fan of Black Metal per se. The closest I could get to listening to black metal is Cradle of Filth, and they aren't really BM to be honest.

#12366 - 10/08/08 02:17 PM Re: Anyone into black metal or a BM band? [Re: DistroyA]
BloodHorn Offline

God Dethroned is good.I like early COF,Cruelty and the beast is my favorite album.
Burzum is classic.
Don't get to much into Carpathian Forest,Not that I don't like them.
Immortal is classic as well.
When i get a better connection i will check out your band Zebu.

The scene has been getting horrible though,Everyone thinks they are Cult,or Elite.So i don't blame you Distroya,for not being into BM all that much.The new scene has lost the spark it had in the 80's early 90's.
what kind of music do you guys like?I enjoy all types,You never know what is playing at my house,or in my car.Anything from Pantera to Sarah McLaughlin,To Joss Stone or Slayer.

#12374 - 10/08/08 03:52 PM Re: Anyone into black metal or a BM band? [Re: BloodHorn]
DistroyA Offline

It's mainly the recent hype that pisses me off; hardly enay focus on other styles of music, and fuck loads of attention on BM, and I hate it when things get really hyped up when there's nothing overly special about it. Sure, it might be okay entertainment (Or awesome entertainment, depending on your opinion...), but I really don't need it shoved down my throat by the music media. Hence why I steer clear of the sub-genre altogether.

Personally, my music taste is quite varied; classical (Tchykofsky, Beethoven, Pachelbel...), Heavy Metal (Black Sabbath, Ozzy, Iron Maiden...), Industrial Metal (Fear Factory, Strapping Young Lad, Devin Townsend...), Groove Metal (Machine Head, White Zombie...), Death Metal (Decapitated, God Dethroned, early Fear Factory...), 80's pop and rock, The Beatles, Jimi Hendrix, Andy McKee, and many other styles and artists.

I will say that I dislike gangsta rap a fuck load. It does absolutely nothing for me.

Edited by DistroyA (10/08/08 03:53 PM)
Edit Reason: forgot to add an artist...

#12378 - 10/08/08 05:12 PM Re: Anyone into black metal or a BM band? [Re: DistroyA]
BloodHorn Offline

I hear you bro.that is something else that has been on my mind also. The focus is more on the image and not the music anymore. Some days i think about just cutting all ties with the BM scene. But i enjoy the music to much. There are still good bands out there. Although they seem to become more rare, But maybe we will see a return to what BM use To be.
White Zombie is one of the best bands to ever walk this earth in my opinion, And Rob is a great director. His best movie was the remake of Halloween. I loved the fact that you see Mikey as boy more then in the original.
I also hate gangsta rap.but i do like a few old rappers like Tone Loc.ICP is funny as hell to me.i don't think there very talented musically, But they do have some funny lyrics.

Edited by BloodHorn (10/08/08 05:13 PM)

#12379 - 10/08/08 06:26 PM Re: Anyone into black metal or a BM band? [Re: BloodHorn]
DistroyA Offline

I fucking hate ICP. if anything, the only decent Hip-Hop I've heard ever is Jump Around by House of Pain, and that's about it really. Of course, there's Limp Bizkit, but they're kinda rock and hip-hop blended than just one thing.

#12380 - 10/08/08 06:55 PM Re: Anyone into black metal or a BM band? [Re: DistroyA]
BloodHorn Offline

In your words i fucking hate Limp Bizkit. And thanks for not calling them metal hip hop, I fucking hate that. It just does not go together.
I forgot about that song. It was OK.
Tone Loc was just the shit though. Cheeba Cheeba is the best rap song to ever come out. A big reason i like him is, He is about having fun and no gangster wannabe bullshit. Plus the music sounds more real and not computer done like most. If you haven't heard any Tone Loc then check him out. I don't dance But, When he is on i will damn sure try. Ha Ha.

#12382 - 10/08/08 07:38 PM Re: Anyone into black metal or a BM band? [Re: BloodHorn]
DistroyA Offline

Yeah, each to their own. As for LB being "metal hip hop", I wouldn't degrade myself to calling them that. If anything, they're more nu-metal than anything, and that ain't metal.

#12383 - 10/08/08 07:49 PM Re: Anyone into black metal or a BM band? [Re: DistroyA]
BloodHorn Offline

Thanks for realizing that man.
Also, I dunno if its just that photo, But you like just like my friend Brian "Angzerhornbroals" Dotty. He lives in Chicago, And is in a few bands.
Black Torment{Solo}
Wind Of The Black Mountains
It is scary man. It maybe just that photo though. But check his stuff out. I think you can find his stuff on soulseek.

Edited by BloodHorn (10/08/08 07:50 PM)

#12402 - 10/09/08 12:48 PM Re: Anyone into black metal or a BM band? [Re: BloodHorn]
brokenangel Offline
lurker

Loc: Huntington Beach ca
Hello im new here! I love black metal but unfortunately i dont play in a band
#12406 - 10/09/08 01:04 PM Re: Anyone into black metal or a BM band? [Re: brokenangel]
BloodHorn Offline

Welcome to the 600 club Brokenangel.
What are a few bands you like? And please tell me you are not a Cradle of filth/Dimmu borgir worshiper.

#12418 - 10/09/08 03:55 PM Re: Anyone into black metal or a BM band? [Re: BloodHorn]
Octavius Offline

Loc: Left the party
I shouldn't be stoking this fire, but this thread has no place here at the 600 Club. Did you notice that there's no music or poetry forum here? Did you stop to think why? It's because most of us despise reading post after post of useless music commentary regarding who's cool or not. There are other forums for you to discuss your musical nuances with outside of the 600 Club. Please use them.

#12420 - 10/09/08 04:44 PM Re: Anyone into black metal or a BM band? [Re: Octavius]
BloodHorn Offline

Then don't read them man. I see a few others for Music,TV and believe i saw one for Poetry as well. And don't get a hair, I'm not trying to put more fuel on the fire.

#12422 - 10/09/08 04:57 PM Re: Anyone into black metal or a BM band? [Re: Octavius]
The Zebu Offline

Loc: Orlando, FL
 Originally Posted By: Octavius
"NO ART! NO MOVIES! NO FUN! There can be NO smiling in this forum. Only kicking puppies. LAUGHING IS ILLEGAL, SUNSHINE IS BANNED, AND WE WILL ALL SIT HERE EXPRESSIONLESSLY AND TALK ABOUT HOW STIFFLY OUR PANTS ARE IRONED."

Posting self-authored poetry (which is lame) and discussing music we like are two completely different things.

Page 1 of 2 12>

Moderator:  TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.026 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.