Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#12373 - 10/08/08 03:49 PM Ritual Question Concerning the 13 Steps
Lindsay Offline
lurker

I have a question concerning the ritual portion of the Satanic Bible. In all of the tapes and films that I have seen of the late Dr. LaVey performing Satanic Ritual his format is different than the standard 13 steps.

For instance during the Invocation to Satan he says:

In the name of Satan, the Ruler of the earth, the King o f the world, I command the forces of Darkness to bestow their Infernal power upon me! Open wide the gates of Hell and come forth from the abyss to greet me by these names:

Satan!

Lucifer!

Belial!

Leviathan!

He then drinks from the Chalice and continues:

Grant me the indulgences of which I speak! I have taken thy name as a part of myself! I live as the beasts of the field, rejoicing in the fleshly life! I favor the just and curse the rotten! By all the Gods of the Pit' I command that these things of which I speak shall come to pass! Come forth and answer to your names by manifesting my desires!

Oh hear the names etc…..

In the 13 steps the Chalice is drank from after the grand invocation and calling of the names. Then the Crown Princes of Hell are called forth.

My question is why is this different?

#12389 - 10/09/08 07:27 AM Re: Ritual Question Concerning the 13 Steps [Re: Lindsay]
ortho Offline
stranger

Loc: France.Paris
Hello,
Why don't you ash The Church of Satan or the first Church of Satan,directly ?(They are the same parts of an unique House for me, I don't look upon the difference.)
Bye

#12390 - 10/09/08 09:03 AM Re: Ritual Question Concerning the 13 Steps [Re: ortho]
prhill Offline
banned
stranger

Loc: Chicago, Illinois
The ritual formats are just basic guidlines to use in your own way. I stick to the basics and principles as far as the way LaVey wrote out rituals, but I tweak them a bit with my own ideas as well as some from other Satanic Books like "Satanic Rites and ceremoys" by Rev. Yaj Nomolos or the new book by Peter Gilmore the "Satanic Scriptures". Also the famous Occult writter Hans Holzer wrote in one of his many books about the time he sat in on one of the famous rituals held by LaVey at the old black house and he described in detail how the ritual was done. You might find those quite interesting as well. This was before the Satanic Bible was released.
Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  SkaffenAmtiskaw, fakepropht, TV is God, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.017 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 16 queries. Zlib compression disabled.