Page 2 of 5 <12345>
Topic Options
#12444 - 10/09/08 11:09 PM Re: A thought on home made symbols [Re: BloodHorn]
The Zebu Online

Loc: Orlando, FL
yeah, I guess in the end it depends on what aesthetic is more effective for you... I personally have a bit of a distaste for the traditional baphomet image; it's a touch too overused and kitschy for me.

#12445 - 10/09/08 11:22 PM Re: A thought on home made symbols [Re: The Zebu]
BloodHorn Offline

Loc: Stockbridge Ga
Well i was thinking of not using the symbols and goathead. Have not decided on this yet. If i do it will only be a circled inverted Pentagram made of sticks from the woods. But i would still like to have Sigil of Baphomet. Even if it is for the pleasure of viewing.
Once i have made my Pentagram then i will post it for you all.

#12453 - 10/10/08 10:04 AM Re: A thought on home made symbols [Re: BloodHorn]
HALL-oween Offline
stranger

Loc: New York
Make it anyway you need, you can interchange different created baphomets according to the ritual. I have a few baphomets that I have made. I keep things simple normally and leave things alone - just my preference. If I was working on a ritual that included earthly power and needed tools to augment that then I would use sticks, bones, dirt. Another idea is if you were performing a ritual for money, you could put a stocks banner encompassing the baphomet. Use your imagination. I wouldn't worry so much about artistic accuracy, as long as you are satisfied with the product. I take great pride in making things at home, knowing that I saved money and am smarter to boot!

#12458 - 10/10/08 12:08 PM Re: A thought on home made symbols [Re: HALL-oween]
BloodHorn Offline

Thanks HALL-oween.
I could not agree more with what you said. Specially the saving money part. And the pride in making things. If I can get mine to come out half as good as yours and Destroya's then I will be completely satisfied. Which will make me feel more prideful then just buying the stuff.
Does anyone know how to home make candles? And would it be cheaper? Black candles are hard to find around here, And when you do find them it is the outer part that is black, The inside is white.

#12459 - 10/10/08 12:16 PM Re: A thought on home made symbols [Re: BloodHorn]
Nemesis Offline

Loc: US
That's why Halloween is the best time of the year to stock up on them. Christmas is when the red candles are easiest to find, if you like the crimson and black color scheme as I do. If you're looking for black candles at other times of the year, your best bet would be to find them online and buy in bulk.

#12460 - 10/10/08 12:31 PM Re: A thought on home made symbols [Re: Nemesis]
coelentrate Offline

Loc: Dundee, Scotland
I have one caution for you. Understand that ritual is psychodrama.
You've already said that you don't think you have any artistic talent. If you enter your ritual thinking that your baphomet is shit, or any degree below excellent, it's going to linger in the back of your mind during the ritual, and this might fuck it up.

Edited by coelentrate (10/10/08 12:33 PM)

#12462 - 10/10/08 02:26 PM Re: A thought on home made symbols [Re: Nemesis]
daevid777 Offline

Loc: Hell's Pisshole, Texas
What a handy and practical tip, Nemesis. It's like Martha Stewart meets Satan...

This is like a demented "Hints from Helloise" thread.

Did you also know that if you have long straight hair, and if it gets all "static-y", you can remove this by rubbing a dryer sheet all over your head? As long as you don't mind smelling like a dryer sheet.

#12464 - 10/10/08 05:19 PM Re: A thought on home made symbols [Re: daevid777]
BloodHorn Offline

Thanks Nemesis. I will remember that. Red and Black are my 2 favorite colors. My chamber will be black{of course} and all lined in red. I would also like to have robe the same way.I figured party city would have black candles, I was wrong.
Thanks for the tip Coelentrate.Thats why i was wondering about making symbols from wood. I just can not draw very well, So thats part of my reason for asking the question. I felt I already new the answer but i do like to hear others opinions on things.
I did start on the Pentagram today. I just stripped the wood, And it is soaking in my bath tub so the wood will be easier to bend. I also made a inverted cross for my neck, And I'm taking a break from making a big one for the wall. I also have a idea for making candle holders from stumps. I think it will give my chamber a very nice nature feel.
I am glad fall is here, So i can spend more time outside and not sweat to death. Plus i can keep a fire going in my burn barrel. Maybe even do a ritual outside as well.
But thanks for the advice and opinions everyone.

Edited by BloodHorn (10/10/08 05:31 PM)

#12467 - 10/10/08 06:15 PM Soma Luna [Re: BloodHorn]
HALL-oween Offline
stranger

Loc: New York
Looky-
http://www.somaluna.com/cat/category_blackcandles.asp
These are great quality and good price. Halloween candles are cheap but from experience don't last long- they are great though if thats all you have.

Edited by HALL-oween (10/10/08 06:16 PM)

#12472 - 10/10/08 08:41 PM Re: A thought on home made symbols [Re: BloodHorn]
Nemesis Offline

You'll find candles in all the colors at a craft store like Joann Fabrics or Michael's. I'm not sure what stores are up in Georgia, but stop by one and take a look. They ususally have Halloween stuff on sale through October.

#12481 - 10/10/08 10:02 PM Re: A thought on home made symbols [Re: Nemesis]
BloodHorn Offline

Michael's I know we have. Have not heard of Joann Fabrics. We also have a place called hobby lobby. Maybe i should check them as well. My girl was saying we should check pier one imports. I'm not sure of the spelling. I have never been in any of these stores, So I have no clue. Thank you for the heads up though Nemesis.

#12482 - 10/10/08 10:20 PM Re: A thought on home made symbols [Re: BloodHorn]
Nemesis Offline

Nah, Pier One is expensive. That's a home decorating kind of store that has furniture and expensive knickknacks and stuff. Great if you have the money, but I wouldn't go there for candles. I went to Michael's to load up on decorating stuff for Halloween and fall a couple of weeks ago, and they had most of their stuff at 30-50% off. I'm sure they still have that stuff on sale.

Edited by Nemesis (10/11/08 08:07 AM)
Edit Reason: forgot "on" in a sentence

#12484 - 10/10/08 10:51 PM Re: A thought on home made symbols [Re: Nemesis]
BloodHorn Offline

Cool. I an getting a few bucks tomorrow. I guess i will go check out Michael's. Thanks again Nemesis.

#12508 - 10/11/08 07:07 PM Re: A thought on home made symbols [Re: BloodHorn]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Loc: Vancouver, Canada
The shape or construct of a symbol is unimportant.

The power of symbolism is very personal, and has no objective properties.

If you are moved more by the image of an egg floating in water than you are by the image of a flaming baphomet, the prior is the more powerful symbol.

#12533 - 10/11/08 10:38 PM Re: A thought on home made symbols [Re: Dan_Dread]
DistroyA Offline

Loc: Mansfield, Nottinghamshire, UK
 Originally Posted By: Dan_Dread
The shape or construct of a symbol is unimportant.

The power of symbolism is very personal, and has no objective properties.

If you are moved more by the image of an egg floating in water than you are by the image of a flaming baphomet, the prior is the more powerful symbol.
That's a very interesting theory on the whole ritual symbol topic. I like it. This is another theory to back up my theory that something more personal is more powerful than just something that is just archetypal.

Page 2 of 5 <12345>

Moderator:  SkaffenAmtiskaw, fakepropht, TV is God, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.025 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.