Page 5 of 5 <12345
Topic Options
#30463 - 10/12/09 10:19 PM Re: A thought on home made symbols [Re: BelialsGal]
mattie Offline
pledge

Loc: Lat: 36.081, Lon: -96.179
CROM! That is pretty sweet, Zebu. I really like your sigil design. I am also really curious how you made it. Also, what do the symbols mean and where did they come from?
#30464 - 10/12/09 10:39 PM Re: A thought on home made symbols [Re: mattie]
The Zebu Offline

Loc: Orlando, FL
Thanks! I actually drew it in Flash, then got it printed on thick cardstock, and mounted it on black-painted basswood.

There are a total of four symbols. They're all of my own design, save for the standard Pythagorean Pentagram in the center:

Cross: On the left, it represents baneful forces and destruction, and therefore restores the Roman cross to its proper context as a symbol of death.

Chalice: On the right, it symbolizes life and regenerative forces, resembling at once a grail and an ankh.

Baphemetic Arms - (Crosslet, Down at the bottom, hard to see): Symbolizes eternity, unity of life and death / manifestation of sorcerous power / other lofty-sounding mumbo-jumbo

Averse Pentagram (Center) - Represents magic, the Great Work, and the LHP as a whole.

#30490 - 10/14/09 02:18 PM Re: A thought on home made symbols [Re: The Zebu]
mattie Offline
pledge

Loc: Lat: 36.081, Lon: -96.179
Haha, one always needs some good "lofty-sounding mumbo-jumbo" in their descriptions.

That sounds like a good method, and the results are quite impressive. I'm gettin' all inspired now!

#32599 - 12/06/09 08:58 PM Re: A thought on home made symbols [Re: BloodHorn]
bwillis73 Offline
stranger

Any personal energy you put into your altar, sigil, or meditation will not only make it personal but improve your magickal results.

#32607 - 12/07/09 12:49 AM Re: A thought on home made symbols [Re: bwillis73]
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

Personal energy? I have heard of potential, thermal, kinetic, gravitational, sound, light, elastic, and electromagnetic energy. Never have I heard of "personal energy". Energy is just a way of describing the amount of work that can be done by a force. That being the case I can't really see what you are getting at here.

Maybe you are talking about the amount "energy" put into the actual physical act of making the altar, sigil etc. If so you are saying that a DYI altar, sigil etc is more effective than an altar you buy at Wal Mart. If that is what you are saying then by that same logic if make my own Ouija board, putting "personal energy" into it I should have better luck contacting the dead than with the one Parker Brothers had to offer.

I don't think that is what you are getting at though. I think you are trying to say that it is somehow possible to "charge" an altar or whatever with some sort of "energy" to "improve your magickal results."

Sounds like bullshit mysticism to me.

#32609 - 12/07/09 02:45 AM Re: A thought on home made symbols [Re: 6Satan6Archist6]
bwillis73 Offline
stranger

Personal Energy: The energy that resides within you and is emanated from your body. Psychics see this energy as your aura.

New Age? Maybe. Too me personal energy is the act of doing, creating, becomming. This act as is considered personal energy. When you say to someone that a handmade gift is more special to you then a gift from a store, this is because they put there time, feelings, and love into the crafting of this gift. Same to me is magick, a sigil made by one person would have alot more meaning to him or her than a sigil purchased at some newage shop. This is just my feelings on the matter. Just to let everyone know my altar is both DIY and Store bought.

#32612 - 12/07/09 04:09 AM Re: A thought on home made symbols [Re: bwillis73]
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

Originally Posted By: bwillis73
Personal Energy: The energy that resides within you and is emanated from your body. Psychics see this energy as your aura.

What is the "energy" that you are talking about?

You should probably lay off the Sylvia Brown before you go completely brain dead.

Page 5 of 5 <12345

Moderator:  SkaffenAmtiskaw, fakepropht, TV is God, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.027 seconds of which 0.008 seconds were spent on 20 queries. Zlib compression disabled.