Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#12536 - 10/11/08 10:57 PM Satanic influence on art forms
DistroyA Offline

Loc: Mansfield, Nottinghamshire, UK
It's come to my attention that Satanism has recently given me much influence into coming up with ideas in several art forms. On the visual side, I've recently come up with an idea for a painting that involves inner daemons, of which I've touched upon in the past. Musically, I noticed Impius' Bobby Prince thread, and since I'm getting back into learning to play guitar properly, it's given me some inspiration to create some dark and moody pieces in the future (Doom is the main source of inspiration for this thought train of course...).

The main point of this thread is this; does anyone else feel that Satanism gives them a bit more inspiration to create artistic pieces and enables them to put their soul into a piece?

#12554 - 10/12/08 11:32 AM Re: Satanic influence on art forms [Re: DistroyA]
PigFeeder Offline

Loc: Near Montreal, QC
I would have to say no for me, Satanism isn't an object or an entity for me, it doesn't make me stronger or better. I find such statements to befit a young naive child, although I am not sticking this label to anyone, as everyone sees things as THEY see them. Personally, I take interest in Satanism, simply because my nature, qualities, personality, can all be labeled Satanic; in accord with LaVeyan Satanism that is. I don't feel empowered knowing that Satanism is in my life, don't feel the need to call myself a Satanist, although I will because I see nothing wrong with it, it also simplifies things.

So in conclusion, it offers me inspiration as much as my heart or my brain does, it's a part of me, just there.

~Snow~.

#12566 - 10/12/08 05:34 PM Re: Satanic influence on art forms [Re: PigFeeder]
DistroyA Offline

Okay, I'll put it another way; the Satanic community has given me much influence in terms of creativity, and same goes for the Satanism label.

As for your view on it, fair play, although I find the "naive child" remark a bit insulting personally. I just see that remark as a means to gain one-upmanship on others, even if that isn't completely necessary. But hey; that's my opinion.

Anyway, back on topic. Anyone else have any views on this?

#12573 - 10/12/08 07:29 PM Re: Satanic influence on art forms [Re: DistroyA]
ta2zz Offline
veteran member

Loc: Connecticut

Originally Posted By: DistroyA
As for your view on it, fair play, although I find the "naive child" remark a bit insulting personally.

As it was supposed to be... "I find such statements to befit a young naive child, although I am not sticking this label to anyone, as everyone sees things as THEY see them." This very sentence is a fine example of a verbal bully at work... It insults you personally while at the same time pronounces that its not necessarily personal or talking about you... One should learn to see this trait for what it is then you will be better prepared to deal with it in the future...

But again I am off on a tangent that is befitting its own thread...

To some calling themselves Satanist may push them to do bigger and better things... To those who think that it does not take work to continue to better oneself because they just are? Mostly they are little more than deluded individuals... Remember, Ignorance is bliss...

But yes being around all the art and music being shown to come from members here can be inspiring...

Peace

~T~

#12575 - 10/12/08 07:54 PM Re: Satanic influence on art forms [Re: ta2zz]
DistroyA Offline

You have a valid point there Ta2zz. As for preparing for such comments in the future, the only difficulty I'l have is coming up with the "how" part of preparing. Once I'm past the initial stage of "how", then I'm fine. I suppose it's a case of coming up with something that could put the other person in their place, but then I think of whether they've got a back up insult or not, and then I'm usually lost. Heh. Sometimes I just randomly come out with something that's potent enough to stop the show entirely and leave everyone stunned. I suppose I'm better off leaving it down to luck.

Anyway, I appreciate your input on the topic is most appreciated. I think it's not just the art and music that inspire me creatively, but also the philosophies of the many members of this community.

#12576 - 10/12/08 08:07 PM Re: Satanic influence on art forms [Re: DistroyA]
BloodHorn Offline

Loc: Stockbridge Ga
I believe that whatever you surround yourself with influences you in one way or another. Sometimes you may not realize this, But it happens in your sub-conscience. I maybe totally wrong but thats what i think.
Hope my thought helps you out Distroya.

#12577 - 10/12/08 08:10 PM Re: Satanic influence on art forms [Re: BloodHorn]
DistroyA Offline

It's quite possible that your theory is true. However, since I'm gaining creative inspiration whilst in contact with the Satanic philosophy and community, it seems also likely that both have had an effect on said inspiration.

I appreciate the input either way. \:\)

#12668 - 10/14/08 08:12 PM Re: Satanic influence on art forms [Re: BloodHorn]
Eblis Offline
lurker

Loc: Great Britain
I agree with BloodHorn's statement.

Back to your original question:
I can't really say that Satanism has influenced me since, primarily, it isn't my religion, but I am influenced by the things that I believe.

This may go off at a complete tangent here, but I think that it is valid.

I used to write fanfiction for several various series's and authors. Since I am heavily immersed in the Daemonic and the beliefs surrounding them, that had an influence on my work making it significantly different to what I was intending.

Also; I hit a period of writer's block for several weeks, at the end of which, I was reading a book on the Occult. I realised later that it was actually the book, combining with several of the ideas in my head to form a solution to the problems i was having continuing the stories.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.021 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 21 queries. Zlib compression disabled.