Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#12588 - 10/13/08 05:40 AM The first church?
AnOpenHand Offline
stranger

Loc: England
I asked this in the letters to the devil forum and got my ass banned.(till later on in the month)
How can two groups be followers of LaVeyan Satanism but be different?
I really want to lend my energies to a collective of my equals, and have all the benefits of growing and evolving within the walls of an institution that represents me.
I went on to say that isn't it all a bit too much like the operations of the old christian church factions hating eachother claiming to be the correct one and after defeating a computer virus and checking my thread I logged in to find I was banned.
Thought police?
Hmm I don't know maybe I'm a mug?
If Anyone can tell me what the fundamental differences are I'd be interested.

#12589 - 10/13/08 05:42 AM Re: The first church? [Re: AnOpenHand]
AnOpenHand Offline
stranger

Loc: England
oops between the First Satanic Church and the CoS 'part from the $200 membership fee of course!

#12594 - 10/13/08 11:49 AM Re: The first church? [Re: AnOpenHand]
The Zebu Offline

Loc: Orlando, FL
There really is no fundamental difference other than overall organization. Karla LaVey started the First Satanic Church because she felt like the original Church of Satan was inadequate in fulfilling its purpose as a forum for representing and expounding Satanism. The FCoS is rather open, whereas the CoS has become a very private closed-door affair these days.

Edited by The Zebu (10/13/08 11:49 AM)

#12595 - 10/13/08 12:26 PM Re: The first church? [Re: The Zebu]
BloodHorn Offline

Loc: Stockbridge Ga
Sounds to me like CoS is becoming much like the black metal scene. Trying to be cult and thinking they are better then everyone. That might be off, But that was what it made me think of reading AnOpenHands post. There will always be differences of opinions no matter what, But over all we should be united as a Satanic community. Not everyone will always see eye to eye.
Some people just need to have that feeling that they are better then everyone.

#12731 - 10/15/08 07:49 PM Re: The first church? [Re: BloodHorn]
HALL-oween Offline
stranger

Loc: New York
I agree. You can't advocate to challenge the status quo and claim that you don't dictate how members should lead their lives then turn around and tell them where to shop, what not to do, claim to be a "non-joining" organization then tell people you aren't something if you don't join. It is the same game as christianity just different context. You can't claim to be elite then close your off to life's experiences as well as claim to be open-minded and civil, yet jump all over people because they differ in opinion. What's especially nauseating is when people argue over what Satanism is and isn't and say that it's up to you to decide how you live. The organization you speak of seems to be more money focused than actual guardians of Satanic thought. In the film "Satanis" a group of members were talking and one had mentioned how "Satanism is acceptance as people (or life) is they are (or is)". Yet you will see people on the board in question the furthest from acceptance. This is hardly having control of oneself and emotions. You guys have brought up an interesting topic.

#12732 - 10/15/08 08:16 PM Re: The first church? [Re: HALL-oween]
BloodHorn Offline

Loc: Stockbridge Ga
To be basic Satanism is different for everyone. We all may have a lot in common, But yet have a lot of differences. Its nice we can all talk and with the exception as a few and not fight like immature kids and find common grounds, and help each other learn. The CoS seems to be against that. Which is why i deleted my account on there forum. Seems like they just want to feel special, And try to look better. Hence the words 'try' and 'look' but once you get to the under belly you start to see the true contradictions in how the CoS is being run these days.
Thanks to Karla we have a church that is running the way it was originally suppose to thanks to her great father Anton[RIP Wish i could of meet him and shake his hand] I understand some don't need a church, But some like it as I do. I currently live in Georgia, But I may relocate to California so I can attend the church. If I could I would start a church here. But I don't have the experience and I have lots of studying to do before I could consider being called a priest or what not.
Hall-oween; You are correct this is a interesting topic. I'm sure I will have more to say in the future and maybe change my mind on a few things as I still have a lot to learn.
Thanks to everyone that has posted good thoughts and made me thank. This forum is truly a blessing for me. I appreciate you all. Even the ones that don't seem to like me. I try to keep my mind open and read there post. They may make a point that will teach me. Part of being open minded is listening to people you may not like but can learn from. So to them thank you. You are also appreciated more then you know from me.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  SkaffenAmtiskaw, fakepropht, TV is God, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.02 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 19 queries. Zlib compression disabled.