Page 1 of 4 1234>
Topic Options
#12839 - 10/18/08 08:36 PM Seperation of Church and State
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

I just wanted to say that I support neither Obama or Mccain. Both have said they will continue with the "pro-life" and "One Man, One Woman" type agendas. Both of these stem from Christian values and it is just a way for them to impose their stupid little fairy tale on the rest of us. That is just one reason why I would prefer it if both of them just died.....right now.

#12841 - 10/18/08 10:17 PM Re: Seperation of Church and State [Re: 6Satan6Archist6]
The Zebu Offline

Loc: Orlando, FL
It's fairly obvious that all politicians need to pander to Christian voters if they are expected to have any chance at all in elections.

Although last time I checked, Obama is pro-choice (insomuch as he supports Roe v. Wade), and supports in "civil unions" as he does not believe homosexuality is immoral (but is still reluctant to use the "M" word, as most politicians are.)

But then again he's endorsed openly anti-gay religious figures, which angered some people. This is just another instance of why politicians need to stay the FUCK away from public religious pandering. Yeah, making a heartfelt speech about how pious some minister standing next to him is will certainly win over Christian votes, but chances are that pastor he's endorsing turns out to be a backward-minded nutjob, and may backfire.

#12842 - 10/18/08 10:48 PM Re: Seperation of Church and State [Re: The Zebu]
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

I agree that politicans do need to cut down on the religous pandering. The fact that he would do that just to try and win some votes is despicable. Of course, I shouldn't be surprised though, that's all politicians have ever done: sang to the popular tune at the time to win favor.

#12872 - 10/19/08 02:28 PM Re: Seperation of Church and State [Re: 6Satan6Archist6]
Phaethon Offline
pledge

Politics is all a game. Since a majority of The Unites States is christian, that's who they apply to. I think it should be more up to the states when it comes to things like gay marriage and abortion, this way the bible belt states can be happy, and the rest of us can have fairness.

Imagine if all the satanists moved to a single state, how that would change their campaigns in that state?

Times like this I dream of a satanic country, or even just a rationally thinking one.

#12976 - 10/20/08 08:55 PM Re: Seperation of Church and State [Re: Phaethon]
The Zebu Offline

Funny... a while back I ran into some youtube video from some guy making a call for all Satanists to move to Salem to assemble as a prominent social and political voice. He was dressed like he was going to a shitty goth LARP and called himself the Grand King of Hell or some ridiculous bullshit, so I couldn't take him seriously, and I doubt few would.

But he did raise a valid point. What if we ever did assemble as a coherent demographic, even if it was just in a small city? The local politicians would have to keep the "Satanic vote" in mind... we would finally have an aboveground community, the average american would finally become aware of our presence, and of course it would scare the eschatological-minded christians shitless... Haha, it makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside to think about it.

Hey, I can have fantasies, right?

#12980 - 10/20/08 09:07 PM Re: Seperation of Church and State [Re: The Zebu]
blsk Offline

Loc: salem or
Oooooo, i've got butterflies! That would be the shit! The best part is those bible-thumpers would have to accept us and the politicians would have to cater to us to get the vote. Equal rights rule!

#12981 - 10/20/08 09:12 PM Re: Seperation of Church and State [Re: blsk]
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

Ok heres my plan: We take over Israel. LMFAO

#13010 - 10/20/08 11:26 PM Re: Seperation of Church and State [Re: The Zebu]
fakepropht Moderator Offline
Big Slick

Loc: Texas
And after we kick out the psuedo satanists, the psychos, and those that don't belong, all 400 of us will be a "monster" threat. I think the Amish have a bigger voting bloc than us. In fact, last I checked a couple years back, the small town I grew up in in Idaho had a higher population than those officially calling themselves Satanist. And meeting the most basic criteria. I had fantasies too. Unfortunately, Britney Spears got fat and whacked out, and I still don't see a Dodge Viper parked in my parking space.

#13015 - 10/20/08 11:37 PM Re: Seperation of Church and State [Re: fakepropht]
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

You know, I like those Amish folk. They keep to themselves and don't fuck with anybody. I can respect that.

#13037 - 10/21/08 01:39 AM Re: Seperation of Church and State [Re: 6Satan6Archist6]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Loc: Vancouver, Canada
 Quote:

And after we kick out the psuedo satanists, the psychos, and those that don't belong, all 400 of us will be a "monster" threat.

LoL someone that see's it my way. I don't think there are very many of us either. Certainly far less than there are accounts registered here \:\)

I would like to think those 400 would be smart enough to pull the strings behind the scenes, manipulate the elections or maneuver themselves into advisory positions to the candidates themselves rather than do something so plebian as vote and expect it to make a difference.

#13043 - 10/21/08 02:57 AM Re: Seperation of Church and State [Re: Dan_Dread]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

On the subject of politicians and religion, I encountered this movie a while back on the internet and hell, I think it's the best you can expect of an American politician on that subject:

Barack Obama Versus Religion

I don't see the other side give such a speech.

D.

#13081 - 10/21/08 11:16 AM Re: Seperation of Church and State [Re: Diavolo]
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

Interesting, but I still say scripture should never dictate public policy. It should be illegal for politicians to talk about god. He mentions, in the video, explaining why he takes the stance he does on abortion etc. to "non-believers" ini a way that rely on the bible. I have yet to hear him do this.

#13084 - 10/21/08 11:26 AM Re: Seperation of Church and State [Re: 6Satan6Archist6]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

Here it is normal for politicians to be atheists but I think anyone in the USA just mentioning it instantly kills his/her political career. You'd be a pretty dumb politician to not wave or adore the scripture in public. You can be sure there are less believers in private than public.

I am not too bothered who is gonna win there or not but to see a presidential candidate actually talk about other and non-belief groups is already revolting if you ask me. As sad as that is.

D.

#13089 - 10/21/08 11:52 AM Re: Seperation of Church and State [Re: Diavolo]
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

Maybe I miss read your post, but why does it bother you to hear a presidential candidate talk about "other and non-belief groups"

You are probably right, there are less believers in private than in public. It is just a sad commentary on the state of this country. So many stupid people still believing in a book that was written for a generation long since defunct.

#13104 - 10/21/08 01:31 PM Re: Seperation of Church and State [Re: Diavolo]
The Zebu Offline

Originally Posted By: Diavolo

Barack Obama Versus Religion

I don't see the other side give such a speech.

D.

OGMF HOLLY SHIT!!!1. He might as well have given every fundamentalist in the US the middle finger. This man has balls. My support for him just skyrocketed.

See? THIS is good pandering to the nonchristian voters. I feel well-pandered to.

: D

Page 1 of 4 1234>

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.02 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.