Page 3 of 11 <12345>Last »
Topic Options
#2220 - 11/25/07 12:10 AM Re: Where do you fail? [Re: undeadridinghood]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

Loc: New York City
I think you are really brave to post about the failures in relationships. It's always hard to admit that, and I have the same problem. Men sometimes only want to see the strong and dominate qualities you have, but once you let your guard down, and just be willing to go that extra length for them its over.

That is just the problem with being a strong woman, satanic or not. You can't stop being the fantasy, once you do its over. Its something I had to learn again the hard way recently.

One of my other failures is that I have no patience. When I choose to, I work hard to make things happen, and I expect results. I dont like to see failure, or fail at things. Thus, sometimes I just don't know when to give up on a bad idea.

Fuck it all,

Morg

#2225 - 11/25/07 01:05 AM Re: Where do you fail? [Re: Morgan]
TornadoCreator Offline

Loc: No Fixed Address
Well, I'm unsure as to whether this is a failing or a success on my part but I'll explain the situation.

I have a few friends who are Christian. One of them in particular is quite devout and the discussion on the "Creationism is a science" laws passed in Georgia came up. I mentioned it in disgust at them degrading science and one of my friends responded by saying "Kill them all... now!" so as you could tell we where like minded. I went on to say how I don't consider Creationism anything more than a fucking insult, it's just religions way of trying to force it's way into the American schools.

Once I mentioned my standpoint my Christian friend jumped in to defend Creationists and proved to me just how narrow-minded he truly is. I didn't realise quite how blind and unreasonable he is when discussing such things, very nearly getting violent at one point when I said (and I quote).

"Creationist Theory is a nothing more than a method the church put in place to devalue the word 'Theory' and invade the education system in an attempt to debunk science, all because they see it as a threat to the brainwashing delusions they are trying to pass on to the children in America. Creationism is not a science, it's not a theory, it's barely a hypothesis. All it is is an idea pulled out of someones ass and reworded in a manner that sounds scientific. Quite frankly I find it as an insult and anyone considering it to have any merit is a fucking idiot."

I may have caused a friendship to become rather shaky here but I believe I have identified a weakness in it anyway. More and more I'm beginning to think less of some of my friends as I see them pandering to the ridicules rules and regulations in the scripture that is for some reason considered sacred. It worries me that my friends can be so weak willed, especially the one in question here who can't even bring him self to roleplay a non-religious character in a World Of Darkness or D&D game (I mean seriously, he only plays Clerics in D&D).

What do people think? Am I being to critical or is it a good idea to be judging my friends based on the religious actions I'm witnessing. It's not extravagant and it's rarely bothersome to me but it's beginning to make me seriously consider them to be beneath me, to the point where I'm starting to want to treat them as such.

#2231 - 11/25/07 06:19 AM Re: Where do you fail? [Re: TornadoCreator]
Six String God Offline
stranger

Loc: Michigan
 Originally Posted By: TornadoCreator

What do people think? Am I being to critical or is it a good idea to be judging my friends based on the religious actions I'm witnessing. It's not extravagant and it's rarely bothersome to me but it's beginning to make me seriously consider them to be beneath me, to the point where I'm starting to want to treat them as such.

It's hard to say, i have friends that are religious and do better than me, but that has nothing to do with there ideology though. If they push there beliefs onto you, then i wouldn't waste my time with them.

None of my religious friends push their faith onto me, the know I'm athiest(not satanic) and we fun times. I consider one of them above me in life achievement, and self actualization.

{I mentioned it in disgust at them degrading science and one of my friends responded by saying "Kill them all... now!" }

Now thats bull. I wouldn't deal with that at all.

Anyways, my flaws are i like to sleep too much, I'm an overall sloth, and I've messed up many chances towards self improvement(and I have had many chances)

should have stayed in school, i guess, It doesn't mean i still can't be successful with time and work.

Edited by Six String God (11/25/07 06:20 AM)

#2234 - 11/25/07 09:05 AM Re: Where do you fail? [Re: Six String God]
Fist Moderator Offline
veteran member

Loc: B'mo Cautious MF
Morgan and undeadridinghooh,

Relationships could use it's own thread, but...

As a keen observer of the human scene, I think your problem may very well be the sort of men you are seeking out.

My wife is a very dominant, Type A, Alpha Female in every sense. Many have seen her not as a person but as a force of nature. However... in our relationship there is no mistaking who the man is. She is fully an equal partner but in many cases we simply have defined duties and responsibilities. There are some tasks that her job, some that are my job, and some that both of perform but in general one or the other is better at.

As you may know, children receive their sexual role modeling from what they see in the home. My dad was a bad ass. He was a good guy, in fact at his funeral everyone who knew him (and most of them knew him better than me) said that he was 'The Good Guy.' But, in every sense he was a bad ass - sort comic book character or cowboy hero out of a Spaghetti Western. He was a man out of time in a world that was recovering from the Age of Aquarius. And for everything wrong with him, he did teach 'man lessons.'

One of the problem of the typical metrosexual modern urban male, is that he never received any 'man lessons.' He was raised by his mother and dad was either not on the scene or he was fully neutered. And, this may be singly the blight of every woman of the modern age - a nearly total lack of real men. Too many boys today do not know how to act like men. To compound the problem, many of them look at movies and MTV for their male behavior modeling. This simply leads to a sorry nihilistic, misogynistic, and irresponsible sort of behavior. They miss one of the first very basic man lessons "Son, you have responsibilities."

Girls are stuck with a similar problem. They also do not know what a real man looks like. Sadly, far too many simply equate an fully erect man with a 'stand-up guy.' They are then confused when the men don't act like they are 'suppose' to. And in the rare instance when they find a real man, they usually don't know what to do with him. Remember, men are not women. He is not one of your girlfriends and while he will be your best friend he CANNOT be your girlfriend.

In any event, this whole 'lack of real men' phenomenon is one of my favorite subjects because of it's PROFOUND consequences for the Western World. If you have any specific questions I would love to address them point by point. I will end it here pending any feedback.

#2236 - 11/25/07 10:47 AM On Matters Of Spirit [Re: TornadoCreator]
Dakindas Offline
stranger

Loc: The Web
To me there are two types of mainstream theists (although that term might not exactly be the most accurate).

Those who breathe the 'spirit of god' and understand and accept criticism of the various church hierarchies, observed traditions, popular creationism, dogma.

And those who think that 'insert guru here' is the one true way to 'insert meaning of life here' and all who refuse or fail in organised religious observances and traditions are doomed to some kind of 'insert horrible and often eternal consequence here'.

This actually applies to more than just Christianity, i know Muslims and Hindus who fit both categories as well.

The former category are some of the most honorable and noble creatures i know. Many of them, that i know, in their words, consider me a child of 'insert prefered diety/force' here. A label, that from them, i accept with clear and mutual understanding.

The latter category are obviously more intellectually and/or emotionally inclined and fail to glean the core 'spiritual truths' from their faith. They are simple minded people typically.

(When i say intellectually inclined i don't mean intelligent - i mean more dogmatically inclined, more fretful of not 'doing the right thing' which they tend to judge from outside themselves rather than from within. The good pupil syndrome. Yes sir, yes sir, do i get an A+?, Am i a good person yet? Will i get the reward?

Well meaning they might be, but weak in many aspects they are in my view.)

The easiest way to find out which is which - i'll use a christian example for convenience - is to ask them if honor, respect, integrity, honesty, courage, consent are the highest goals and that all else is essentially trivia, tradition and/or tribalism, when 'matters of the spirit' are concerned.

Those who agree, you'll find, will, if you also consider such things as virtues, accept your Atheism, agnosticism, Satanism or any other philosophy or religion which you identify with.

Those who will tell you that 'going to church' or 'being baptised' or 'praying to god' or 'accepting Jesus as your Lord and Savior' are more fundamentally important than honor, respect, integrity, courage, consensual cooperation etc, as you can see, and many themselves will struggle with when you make such a distinction clear, are quite obviously and demonstratably missing the point.

I'm sure those reading here are quite well versed in arguing and condemning the latter. A bore and a cliche it has become to many.

Getting back to my sweeping generalisation or astute truism (depending on your experience) there is also a third kind; the arrogant, condescending, 'my way is the right way and you're a doomed idiot' elitist kind.

Hypocrites.

Actually the Peter Gabriel song "Big Time" sums them up nicely.

In fact, they might like the parts of the Satanic Bible i myself reject.

Another tangent, it's come up a fair bit here, in various posts, an expression of wasted energy on those who lack the eyes to see and the ears to hear. Those who are closed and lost in their 'Plato's Cave'. The bewildering distaste and frustration they inspire.

Every time i read these expressions i think of this line,

". . . Cast ye (not) your pearls before swine . . ."

Here is wisdom.

And for Six String God, are you actually lazy or do you simply find yourself out of rhythm with the majority, work, school, always rushing around, fussing over trivia, keeping up appearances and being pulled this way and that, grudgingly, by little more than a sense of obligation?

Is it that you simply can't be fucked with all that because you prioritise a different set of values?

I might be guilty of some 'projektion' here but i only ask because your 'confession of sloth' didn't seem to be genuine.

By this i mean to say that it sounds like those closest to you yet most unlike you (family, i'm guessing) consider you lazy or unproductive and worry for you as you're not quite the 'accessory' they want you to be. . .

If so, is that your problem or theirs?

PS: Fist, good post!

#2259 - 11/25/07 10:59 PM Re: On Matters Of Spirit [Re: Dakindas]
TornadoCreator Offline

Loc: No Fixed Address
I think I'm just getting irritated that I'm considering my friends to be intellectually inferior to me. I had a good and very well thought out debate with two of my friends, one of whom is a Christian and one is Agnostic (honestly I think he's Atheist but just "playing it safe" in case he has it wrong and can thus get in God's good books, he'll come round, most do). This debate was on Evolution and Creationism, they both claim Creationism is a valid theory, I say it's a pile of fucking pigswill. When I said give me evidence for Creationism as a theory the Christian of the two said simply "Genesis" which made me want to fucking hit him honestly.

In the end we discussed in depth the Biology behind Evolution and they came up with many problems and questions yet unanswered by Evolution and I agree that Evolution as a theory doesn't explain many things which may show in time that the current theory of Evolution is not entirely true and will require changing. This comes with science, science is fluid, it changes with new evidence appearing all the time. Although they agree that Evolution has scientific merit (they are doing Biology and Ecology degrees so they're both quite well schooled in this department), neither of them was prepared to agree that Evolution was more scientifically valid than Creationism. It annoyed me that one of my friends was letting his faith blind him against science and the other was refusing to take the Atheist stance in case he offended the Christian.

Religion pisses me off. It's a plague on this planet and it needs to be eradicated. Unfortunately it appears as though people I care about have been infected and is upsets and sickens me.

#2268 - 11/26/07 03:42 AM Re: On Matters Of Spirit [Re: Dakindas]
Six String God Offline
stranger

Loc: Michigan
darkindas,

Some of your points are correct. I am out of rhythm, yes with the family and world, but with my self(less here lately). some kin would be totally fucked without me. i look out for my sisters kid as if they where mine, i sit the kids while their parents work, they give me a few bucks, they really have no one else. it no more than a few day of a week for a few hours. they've know the way i am, they help me, i help them.

although,

my mother, and grandparents expected, and wanted more of(or more from) me. yes i may have had a great high paying job by know, but i wouldn't have spent countless hours aquiring knowlegde of a little bit of everything.

let's just say i have desires that get in the way of other desires.

#2303 - 11/26/07 08:27 PM Re: On Matters Of Spirit [Re: Six String God]
rob_church Offline

Loc: alberta , canada
hmmmmmmm where do i fail really their is a few areas that needs work ,my lack of empathy for the herd i feel nothing for them,and go so far as to find it humours when some drunk kid wraps his daddys car around a pole, i used to consider this a strength until stag on the old forum used the words lack of emotional intellgence and this sunk deep to me as i realzied not being able to connect emotionally to these unknown people, feel pity for them was actually a weakness,this of course doesnt mean i dont care deeply aobut thouse i am close to,just sally no name that their having a candlelight vigil for.

now of my chocies in life their are only 2 i regret. one is when i chose to go crazy and went on anti pychotics then decide to go off them and in turn have been sick every day scicne then
wich has affected alot of things in my life mainly the quailty of my life as waking up sick as a dog every day puts a damper on the fun things of life, it has affected my self image as i choose to not work out anymore their for im not as buff and no longer the threat i used to be i did try to work out a few time lol after i was done i layed on the floor for a good 45 minutes as the world spun aorund me manged to crawl to the toilent and puke and hang out their for a while after a few time of that i realzed i did not want it bad enought to suffer thougtht that every time, ,all my life i have been an alpha and with the might and violence and manipulation skillz to back it up,

(when i was allowed back into my my district for grade nine after being banned for life in grade 5 right befor i was banned i had to have an adult with me at all times to be allowed on their proprty as iw as a danger to other students. i totaly milked it to, throw a desk at some one go for a walk hang out and talk to this fellow while class was going on.the same is true of when they allwoed me back into the district for grade nine as i was considered a threat to the other students, i had that town in such fear when you walk the halls in grade nine and the halls part even grade 12 moving out of your way .have you ever felt that kind of power? it was addictive that power, i remeber i walked up to a girl in grade nine to talk and she started crying this is how much fear, of course when everyone fears you your social life goes down the tubes and as i left that town to move to calgary with my wife in my 20s my reputation was finally starting to die)my life the resons i went to foster homes was all my choices ie banned form district had to go to salmon arm for school but i do not regret any of that i felt power that most people do not in a life time and got it out of my system at a young age and grew alot from it.
now i focus alot more on charming and manipulation insted of fear tatics

second regret on my freinds birthday we went to a very crowed bar jammed with people and as i was walking some one pushed me from the side and bit behind i saw 4 guys out the corner of my eye and i just kept walking, by the time i finally decide to do sompthing aobut it the crowd had swallowed them up. why dint i just attack the minute i was pushed!! in the time i was deciding whether to attack i resoned to my self it was an accidnet but i know that it was not, i have always be an eye for an eye destroy those that oppose you person. even when im startled my first reaction is to attack,and for some godamm reason this time i did not attack i just kept walking and it pisses me off to this day, perahps its me growing knowing that it was my freinds birthday and me attakcing these fellow would not equl a fun birthday for her.

that is really my 2 regrets in life

after writing this it seems i need to work on letting things go that i can not change either.

#2834 - 12/20/07 09:31 PM Re: Where do you fail? [Re: Asmedious]
Raven Offline
stranger

To start off I am not a satanist, but I do strive towards ambition and to see how this world works. For me I work at the root of things like most individuals and then work my way up taking whatever expierences I learn with me. You say to be a master of this earth, first you must be a master of yourself thats true but that involves exploiting end to end of your soul as well including emotions from happiness to despair to have those emotions recognized and truly choose a path for yourself.

I believe domination is inferior to learning from all there is, like a library is to the internet, either in closed doors or your up for anything. Everyone has their own reasons to truly have control over themselves perhaps that is why so many label themselves as satanists to even have that self sense of security to have them labeled or even a title to be taken granite.

Think about this ambition can over go as far as what you truly think this life is for, you want the best and others have done in the past as emperors/conquerors have, learn from this, more than just what history can tell but live to experience and learn, their is emotion to control when appropriate not abused, b/c the differenc ebetween blinding anger and dellusional is pretty much there.

#2841 - 12/21/07 06:29 PM Re: Where do you fail? [Re: Raven]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

This is a post about recognizing personal failure.
Raven, what do you feel is your own personal shortcomings...

Btw, I don't think it matters if you are a satanist or not, as long as you dont push your own personal religious propaganda.

enjoy,
Morgan

#2941 - 12/26/07 10:40 PM Re: Where do you fail? [Re: Morgan]
Raven Offline
stranger

What do I feel is my own personal shortcoming? I wouldn't know because technically failing in one way leads to a completely different path in another way, completely failing is impossible b/c it really depends on your choices but if I had to make a personal statement to recognize weakness within myself I suppose it would be the inability to recognize the limits of my potential (regardless of what egotistical statement this may sound, others could take it as unknown)

Also that is true whether I am satanic or not but just to let the reader have little insight to my way of thinking, cause some thoughts could be portrayed in different titles so to say.

#2948 - 12/27/07 05:31 AM Re: Where do you fail? [Re: Raven]
daevid777 Offline

Loc: Hell's Pisshole, Texas
So you have decided to say nothing... and a great amount of nothing has been said. Nicely done.

Let's get on to the next, please...?

#2951 - 12/27/07 10:38 AM Re: Where do you fail? [Re: daevid777]
Raven Offline
stranger

I don't recognize weakness, especially post of my so to say short comings because they are only temporary misplacements so to say, especially when discussing with others so to me it would be wise to refrain that sort of information, no one can be perfect no matter how hard we try and when we try we are nothing but a shell of our former selves.

If you would have read to understand what I was hinting towards david you may have recognized it.

Then again I couldn't be as wise as you..

#2955 - 12/27/07 01:59 PM Re: Where do you fail? [Re: Raven]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

SO WHAT YOU ARE SAYING IS THAT YOU CHOOSE NOT TO SHARE YOUR FAILURES, SHORTCOMINGS, OR FAULTS.

Thus.....

WHY BOTHER TO RESPOND TO THE THREAD????

ARGHHH, I hate when fucking people post to see their names and numbers change.

Verbal diarrehea, is still a waste of reading space.

What a way to kill an interesting, thought provoking, and sharing thread.

Thanks Raven....

#2956 - 12/27/07 04:57 PM Re: Where do you fail? [Re: Morgan]
Raven Offline
stranger

I guess you could count that as a short-coming lol...
Page 3 of 11 <12345>Last »

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.028 seconds of which 0.007 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.