Page 7 of 11 « First<56789>Last »
Topic Options
#9542 - 06/12/08 07:41 AM Re: Where do you fail? [Re: Asmedious]
PigFeeder Offline

Loc: Near Montreal, QC
And therin lies the importancy of the past saying "Choose your battles wisely." You must be able to make that decision in life as to wether you should let it go but just know for the future, or if you should beat them down without mercy (There are many ways to "beat someone down"..)

Saige, you will eventually have to learn to calmly asess the situation, and learn to determine if your battles are worth fighting or letting go, otherwise the consequences on YOUR life can be extremely detrimental and negative.

But I must say this, the better part of the battle is won, once the weakness is known. Or in your case, you know what is wrong, now all that is left is to remember it the next time you find yourself in conflict.

My Regards,
Snow.

#9551 - 06/12/08 11:31 AM Re: Where do you fail? [Re: TornadoCreator]
VictorGrigorii Offline
stranger

Loc: Sarasota, FL
The Satanic Bible states "all beliefs must be put to the question" and that whenevera belief is proven to be a falsehood, "Let it be assailed without pity." I believe a Satanist is a challenger to all, including other Satanists, to ensure he does not share a categorization with a lot of metal-headed morons and goth-weenies and when somebody says something stupid, they should be called out for the moron they are.

My failure in this area is that my mother-in-law, who is also my landlady, who is also a baptist, I do not challenge for fear of being shuffled off to Buffalo before I am ready.

It also speaks of "Love only to those who deserve it" and "responsibility to the responsible, instead of concern for psychic vampires." My wife could be considered a psychic vampire, I have been the only steadily working person in our household for three years, while she leaps from job to job, ultimately coming back to this goddamn japanese restaurant where she makes jack shit but gets to wear a kimono and play jap. Whenever I or her mother try to reason with her about getting a real job she switches to topic over to our tone and choice of words and how they make her feel. I should leave her, but I keep thinking if I nag her enough she might get her shit together. So, there's another failure.

#9559 - 06/12/08 08:08 PM Re: Where do you fail? [Re: VictorGrigorii]
fakepropht Moderator Offline
Big Slick

Loc: Texas
I used to battle my wife tooth and nail over some of the smallest things. We are both poster children for taureses, and have the most stubborn egos. The result of these trivial battles was me sleeping on the couch or we wouldn't talk to each other for days on end. Finally, a wise friend of mine suggested I pick my battles with her. I don't have to fight her tooth and nail over who did the dishes last. Just do the damned dishes. Save that battle for something like a night out without her. It worked like a charm. I cooled off about stupid stuff. I didn't need to argue with her whether Bill Clinton was a good or bad president. What does it ultimately accomplish? He is still president, I am not, and I get to sleep in bed and eat a meal with conversation instead of staring at the wall. I saved that battle for another day, like not allowing my child to go to a movie with friends when he was suspended from school. She might allow that bit of freedom, but I would not. I think picking your battles is very wise advise indeed.

#9562 - 06/12/08 09:28 PM Re: Where do you fail? [Re: fakepropht]
VictorGrigorii Offline
stranger

It's a battle we can't afford not to pick unfortunately. We have four children between us. And lately we can't talk much without leading into an arguement. I'd leave, but I don't know where I can go.
#9564 - 06/12/08 09:49 PM Re: Where do you fail? [Re: VictorGrigorii]
Nemesis Offline

Loc: US
Is there any way you could start from scratch? Setting up in a place of your own would be the easy part--having to pay child support for your four children after a divorce would leave you broke pretty quick. Have you two tried getting away from the house and kids and just try to reconnect with each other? Turn off the cell phones, the tv, the computer, all that crap. Nothing ends a relationship quicker than pent-up frustration and unresolved disputes.

#9566 - 06/12/08 10:06 PM Re: Where do you fail? [Re: Nemesis]
fakepropht Moderator Offline
Big Slick

Loc: Texas
My wife and I just celebrated our 20th anniversary. Our friends and relatives gave us 5 years tops. It can be done, but it takes work. It takes compromise . It involves work and sometimes you have to be willing to give in to the other. My wife knows I still look at some 20 year old ass as it struts by, but she lives with it. I sit through some chick flick with her because I know it brings her pleasure and will allow me to look at that 20 year old ass the next day. I would rather be pushing my last $20 all in with a pair of Aces than watching a bunch of chicks crying together, but I do it for her. And there are times she would rather me be with her listening to her story about how tough work was that day, instead of running out the door to look at a car show. But she knows that is important to me. Compromise brother.

#9647 - 06/16/08 10:39 PM Re: Where do you fail? [Re: Nemesis]
VictorGrigorii Offline
stranger

Originally Posted By: Nemesis
Is there any way you could start from scratch? Setting up in a place of your own would be the easy part--having to pay child support for your four children after a divorce would leave you broke pretty quick. Have you two tried getting away from the house and kids and just try to reconnect with each other? Turn off the cell phones, the tv, the computer, all that crap. Nothing ends a relationship quicker than pent-up frustration and unresolved disputes.

ONly one of the children is mine biologically, and I would never be able to live with myself if I left without her. What scares me is what I would have to tell the other three. They have had three fathers come and go before me who have all treated them like garbage. I am the only stable father figure they have had, how could I tell them that daddy can't stand mommy anymore and can only take one with him?

We are already broke, that's part of the problem. I am the only one working. She hasn't had a job for three months at least since the jap joint closed for good and hasn't been looking. We can't make it on one income, nobody could. Her mother helps as much as she can, and I appreciate it, but needing it so much really sucks. If she would just get a job we might have a chance at standing on our own two feet, but for now she is a bum leg who refuses remedy.

I don't think we can connect anymore. She thinks I am too logical, I think she is too brainless. I read Ayn Rand, she reads yaoi. Time to go.

#9648 - 06/16/08 10:42 PM Re: Where do you fail? [Re: fakepropht]
VictorGrigorii Offline
stranger

Originally Posted By: fakepropht
My wife and I just celebrated our 20th anniversary. Our friends and relatives gave us 5 years tops. It can be done, but it takes work. It takes compromise . It involves work and sometimes you have to be willing to give in to the other. My wife knows I still look at some 20 year old ass as it struts by, but she lives with it. I sit through some chick flick with her because I know it brings her pleasure and will allow me to look at that 20 year old ass the next day. I would rather be pushing my last $20 all in with a pair of Aces than watching a bunch of chicks crying together, but I do it for her. And there are times she would rather me be with her listening to her story about how tough work was that day, instead of running out the door to look at a car show. But she knows that is important to me. Compromise brother.

I envy you, but I have been compromising on her behalf for three years, torn between how she feels and what our family needs. It just doesn't seem fair.

#9649 - 06/16/08 10:43 PM Re: Where do you fail? [Re: VictorGrigorii]
VictorGrigorii Offline
stranger

Christ, I never thought I would whine this much publicly.
#9704 - 06/19/08 11:52 PM Re: Where do you fail? [Re: doctorsaige]
Octavius Offline

Loc: Left the party
 Originally Posted By: doctorsaige
I just started my own business, due to wallowing in the corporate sales arena for 6 years and taking happy pills to get through my days and sleepy pills to get to sleep by 2am..that's not a way to make a living, a good one for me. I took that bull by the horns! I'm reluctant to other bulls though, and thats costed me some fuel that I really could have used on my own fire.
Satanism, is new for me but I really feel that I can relate to the philosophy and always have, I just never knew it was concurrent with my beliefs and gut instinct. I try and avoid thinking of it as another "label" or "category" .The whole idea of Satanism, seems to me to be the very beautiful fact that ... hey! Free we are! theres no labels WE put ourselves into, no ignorant, society based "file folder" that we as independent self-rulers encompass ourselves in. That's the trait of Satanism in which dangled before me and got my complete attention.. the idea that I determine the level and nature of my faults, not some idiot jamming a holy and surreal falacy down my throat, who is probably somewhere jackng off to one of my movies after he criticizes me! Know what I mean?
I know what my strengths are, and I also know my fears and that is my weakness, right there as a Satanist. Getting over "me". I never dwell on the negative, if I can avoid it, which I always can but sometimes don't. Anton LaVey has attested to what I feel. He says that it is positive thinking and positive action that manifests positive outcome Iand we must implement this into our own lives.. I am really bad at addressing my fears with myself. I suppose admitting this to my peers as I am now is one way I am trying to combat this pitfall. I can hide a lot of shit on the outside, AS FAR AS, not letting an opponent or adversary see reluctance. But, the truth is, I don't always fight those who need to be fought, and smacked down, whether by spell, verbally, or physically. I wish I was less attentive to the approach of "picking my battles," because in retrospect, any loss from my poor choice of "battle-picking" would have been far less than the loss of satisfaction, gratification, and ...MOTIVATION, most importantly, to have that air of confidence which I knew then and I know now, are essential to me.

This is by far one of the best responses to this thread. It's too bad that the past page or two has turned this thread into a complete waste of time. Kudos to Dr. Sage. The rest of you need to take a serious look at your replies and your posts. I had originally had high hopes for you, Snow, but you've proven to be a callow and myopic idiot who seems to be obsessed with quantity, not quality. You bring nothing to this discussion or any other. You are little more than something for Ta2zz to spend time dissecting. (Ta2zz, find a new hobby. You're wasting bandwith.)

Few noobies are little more than simpering dark-sider-wannabes. "Where do you fail?" Take a hard look at this question and answer it honestly without publication here. Hold yourself to a higher standard or take your discussions and arguments elsewhere. The admins have re-opened the hall of shame and we are all being held to the highest standard. Contribute substantive threads or be silent.

In your service,
Octavius

#9741 - 06/22/08 12:33 AM Re: Where do you fail? [Re: Asmedious]
doctorsaige Offline
stranger

Loc: Ca, USA
Thanks for your feedback as well, Asmedious.... I think this was a great topic!! i GUESS we all have to just take each situation as it comes and regulate ourselves to keep our strength and wits about us!
Only the strong survive!

Blessed Be,
Saige

#9777 - 06/23/08 11:25 PM Re: Where do you fail? [Re: ZephyrGirl]
Salem Offline
stranger

Loc: Canada
I think Satanism is really about being the best you can be, and doing what ultimately benefits you. You say you will always have a job somewhere, I'd say that's a big advantage. I don't think you need to be "on top" everywhere. If it doesn't suit you or isn't in your best interest, it just doesn't make sense. Not in my opinion, at least.

#9803 - 06/26/08 10:17 AM Re: Where do you fail? [Re: Salem]
PigFeeder Offline

Loc: Near Montreal, QC
Salem, you are very simple-minded, but I do not say that in a bad way. I say it in meaning that you state exactly what's on your mind. No hopping about the mullberry bush, you get straight to the point. It's nice to see..

Yes, Satanism IS about being a higher self, self gratification, and doing things that cater to your needs and life. So ultimately yes, it can lack nothing really, as it almost completely falls down into your view of what it is. That's the beauty, no Christian Dogma, just a few simple guidelines..

One problem though, this is the "Where do you fail?" Thread. All the same, I see your point, just wanted to let you know in the future make your post a tad bit more relative to the thread, kay?

Thanks,
My Regards,

~Snow~.

#10142 - 07/09/08 04:33 AM Re: Where do you fail? [Re: PigFeeder]
Xande Offline
stranger

Loc: Arlington, TX, USA
Allow me to state that the question posed within this thread is a very potent one. It isn't one to be taken lightly, and I'll make no attempt to do so. One's unfiltered reflection can often prove to be unsettling.

Where do I fail as a Satanist? The answer to that self-posed inquiry was far easier to arrive at than I assumed. I fail because I criminally under utilize my natural talent, and I fail because I have intentionally stymied my own progress by means of allowing complacency to substitute for genuine achievement. I have fashioned my existence into an easily followed routine that files down sharp edges and allows me to walk in safety.

They say those who can't, teach. In contrast to my own life, this tired old saying has yielded a touch of truth in such a glaring way I cannot ignore it. I constantly encourage others to exert themselves and aggressively seek their own paths to happiness, and I do so in the smugness befitting a fool: though I have found my own path, I live my own life in contradiction to its progressive creed.

I fail as a Satanist in the sense that I lack the motivations necessary to impose one's will on his environment. Though I frequent many places, once I leave I am truly gone. I complain of lack of aesthetics yet make no effort to see them obtained. I place myself in the role of complainer, and I know the archetype at the center of the complainer is something far more insidious still: the victim. To complain without an attempt to actualize change is to proclaim oneself a victim without victimizers.

Still, I strive for personal godhood, but I am a human and as such I am prone to grievous errors in judgment. Now that I have clearly outlined my failures, I am worse still if I do not correct them.

#10145 - 07/09/08 07:13 PM Re: Where do you fail? [Re: Xande]
Asmedious Moderator Offline

Loc: New York
WOW, I am almost speechless (wordless?) at the above response. That is exactly the type of honest and self evaluative answer, which I was looking for when I first proposed the question of "Where do you fail" in this thread.

The sincerety, and more so the self understanding of the poster is, in my opinion, very rare indeed.

On the negative part....I can so much relate to what is stated above, that I find myself fallen short of answering my own question, because I should have written that as my own response.

Page 7 of 11 « First<56789>Last »

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.028 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.