Page 8 of 11 « First<678910>Last »
Topic Options
#11578 - 09/18/08 06:54 PM Re: Where do you fail? [Re: Xande]
barrytheblade Offline
stranger

Loc: WA
 Originally Posted By: Xande
They say those who can't, teach. In contrast to my own life, this tired old saying has yielded a touch of truth in such a glaring way I cannot ignore it. I constantly encourage others to exert themselves and aggressively seek their own paths to happiness, and I do so in the smugness befitting a fool: though I have found my own path, I live my own life in contradiction to its progressive creed.

Goddamn it, that's good! The uglier side of that is called hypocrisy or the "do as I say, not..." rule. But you put it so eloquently that it almost beautifies the situation. It reads like Shakespearean tragedy without the iambic pentameter. Whatever it is that you teach, my friend, I dare say that your charges are in good hands.

Complacency is such an easy thing into which to fall. You often do it so gradually that it goes completely unnoticed. I do it myself. I used to be so athletic and now I've become a bit lumpy. Why? I could blame my job, but that would be lying to myself and you.

My job takes me away from my family but it's one hell of a living. I could take a lesser-paying job and be home, but I always say that, sometimes, you have to think with your head rather than your heart. Maybe someday I'll change my mind; I wish I could right now, but I haven't.

The great tragedy is that we all enslave ourselves. You need money so you sign on. If you live in the woods and kill your own food, the FBI comes out and shoots your family...I'm just thinking of Ruby Ridge.

It would be wonderful if we all could just let go and let life take its course, but most of the time it's just not feasible.

Maybe Marilyn Manson was right: "Everybody's someone else's nigger/I know you are so am I".

#11603 - 09/18/08 11:51 PM Re: Where do you fail? [Re: barrytheblade]
ShadowWalker Offline
stranger

Loc: Yokosuka, Japan
Where do I fail as a Satanist?
I would have to say that I don't fail anywhere as a Satanist. This isn't me talking through pride either. Let me elaborate. While I do not stick perfectly to the doctrine put forth by the Satanic Bible, no one does. And that was not it's purpose, it was meant to be a book of guidelines. Satanism's core belief is to do what makes you happy and to not give a fuck what someone else says otherwise, but at the same time always remembering to better yourself.
I am doing what makes me happy in life, and I am indulging in lifes pleasures. Therefore I do not fail anywhere as a Satanist.
As long as you are doing what you want in life, and you are not harming others (at least the undeserving), then in my book you are being a Satanist.

#11623 - 09/19/08 04:38 PM Re: Where do you fail? [Re: Asmedious]
balatro Offline
stranger

Loc: Taxas
Where do I fail...? I think failure is a strong word...I prefer "stumble". If I have failed then I have not learned to follow the Left-Hand Path. Were do I stumble???...everywhere. But I try to take my blows and fight back. I often find myself giving away too much vital energy to those who just feed off of the goodness of others. Lately, I've been learning to be more sinister in my qualifying a person to determine their intentions. If they are decent folk then we can share in each others good company, but if they are psychic predators, I lust after their demise and my heart is filled with contempt. The "Proverbial Stake" is ready to be driven into their heart (actually, if there is no heart, the head can be severed too). Sounds gross but a fucker that truly deserves it is just another dead hypocrite anyway.

Let's see what else...I find that my sense of personal power wanes when I am not practicing "the art" so I am stumbling in my commitment to charge my vital "batteries". Reflection and determination to perfect oneself are always needed and if we start to get down on ourselves then we have failed.

I could probably go on and on but then that ego centered lamentation would be just another failure errr....stumble on my path.

#11627 - 09/19/08 05:47 PM Re: Where do you fail? [Re: balatro]
coelentrate Offline

Loc: Dundee, Scotland
My view is that I'm imperfect but growing.

Things that are shortcomings now will not necessarily be shortcomings later.

Edited by coelentrate (09/19/08 05:48 PM)

#11641 - 09/20/08 07:09 AM Re: Where do you fail? [Re: balatro]
Ringmaster Offline

Loc: Salem Oregon
 Originally Posted By: balatro
Where do I fail...? I think failure is a strong word...I prefer "stumble".

Everyone fails at one thing or another. Stumble is just a way to sugar-coat the word fail, in a sense it is just cheating yourself (in my opinion). I mean why should you sugar-coat it when you do fail it's just pointless I think that people learn from their mistakes when they are put out to them bluntly. Take let's say you fail a term paper and the professor can't pass you because of it is he going to say "well you seemed to have a stumble" hell no he's going to outright tell you that you failed.

#11648 - 09/20/08 09:45 AM Re: Where do you fail? [Re: Ringmaster]
Nemesis Offline

Loc: US
But is it considered a failure when you can pick yourself back up and recover what you initially failed at? "Fail", to me, means "fail absolutely, with no success in the matter". To use your example, if he failed that particular test, what if he redeemed himself and got a great grade in the class at the end of the semester? That failed test would be considered a stumble, because he kept going, and achieved success.

#11655 - 09/20/08 02:59 PM Re: Where do you fail? [Re: Nemesis]
Ringmaster Offline

Loc: Salem Oregon
I can see what your saying when put into that context. I still have a lot to learn when it comes to things like this. I guess this would be my failure/downfall neglecting siting and thinking things through completely.

Edited by ringmaster (09/20/08 03:04 PM)
Edit Reason: reword things

#11658 - 09/20/08 04:54 PM Re: Where do you fail? [Re: Ringmaster]
Satansfarm Offline

Loc: america
I have failed consistantly in knowing what makes me happy. I am getting older, and I am just beginning to realize certain things about myself. Its kind of embarrassing to admit. I am just now beginning to understand exactly what it is that makes me tick.
I know that this is going to be a long, ongoing process.

#11659 - 09/20/08 05:01 PM Re: Where do you fail? [Re: Satansfarm]
ta2zz Offline
veteran member

Loc: Connecticut

If we were to use the word fail here as the ultimate fail then who could answer this question before their death… I take the word fail here in the context as meaning the things we do knowing that we would be stronger or better off if we did not do them… But then again one mans indulgence can be another mans failure…

peace

~T~

#11671 - 09/20/08 09:19 PM Re: Where do you fail? [Re: Satansfarm]
balatro Offline
stranger

Loc: Taxas
 Originally Posted By: Satansfarm
...I am just now beginning to understand exactly what it is that makes me tick.

This puts you ahead of 90% of the rest of humanity so don't fret. Every journey begins somewhere.

#11812 - 09/25/08 12:51 PM Re: Where do you fail? [Re: balatro]
Fabiano Offline

Well, I roughly share ShadowWalker's point of view.

Where I fail? I'm discovering Satanism (just finished TSB yesterday) so I could say I'm failing to fully understand some satanic concept/idea, etc. But I do not live it as a failure.

My point of view is parhaps unsusual in that sense that I'm not trying to live as a Satanist (after having discovered Satanism and its staements, sins,...) but I just realise that I always lived as a Satanist.
A did some "psycho-test" when applying for a job. We looked at the results and focussed on the extremes. There was a characteritic need to belong to the group ("besoin d'appartenance au groupe" in french) and I had zero point for it !

Coming back on the initial post of this topic, I'm working as an employee in a big telecom company. I have the chance that the enterprise's culture is very opened minded. A collegue of me is also a guitarist in a metal band. He got the look... and this causes no issue. Another one is gothic and myself like to have a mafia look at work. As I'm part of the management, I sometimes have to wear suits & tie. I don't deny my rebel side but I'm not stupid. So I'm in suit but looking as a gangster.

Regarding being independant and autonomus, I think it's an illusion to beleive that running your own business make you independant. You'll be dependant on your providers & customers instead of an employer.
I'm very happy with my job, it pays well, I have flexible schedule and manage my time as I want, I'm evaluated on my results and rewarded in consequence (lesser magic can be very sefull here),...

My company group did 1,000,000,000€ of benefit last year. It's normal I get a part of it. I just take the money where it is. I could run my own business, being an IT consultant. But I've made the balance, a lot of worries for not so much money...
I think I would be less happy as an independant.
Regarding "manager wimps", manipulate them or better, kick them out and take their place!

However, I really think I'm independant and autonous because I think I will alway manage to survive in this world whatever the situation is. It's a gut feeling, the hell fire is in me, I'll never resign!

Fabiano

Edited by Fabiano (09/25/08 12:57 PM)

#11981 - 09/29/08 02:24 AM Re: Where do you fail? [Re: TornadoCreator]
MeekMaestro Offline
lurker

Loc: Ohio
Self-actualization is the ultimate dream of all Satanists, but how can we even attempt to achieve this if we are dependent upon not only our employers, our communities, our families, and our government. Whether or not one wishes to admit it we are all slaves to our nation state, bound by citizenship and forced to bribe the beast with our own revenue. Which, even if you run your own business is still a necessity.
We are all slaves to this world, bound by technology and the comfort of our social hierarchies, which every human is committed, no matter how solitary they try to be.
Our world is not conducive for the realization of "perfect" Satanism. And it won't be until we are able to shun ourselves from machines and each other.

#12867 - 10/19/08 01:34 PM Re: Where do you fail? [Re: MeekMaestro]
Phaethon Offline
pledge

I think the only part in which i fail as a satanist is my tolerance of people. I usually sit there and listen to people blab and blab about things i don't truly care about. I never want to offend, so i simply smile and nod. I tend to not seek revenge for people's actions against me since i usually understand it.

I'm not sure if this is a failure or not on my part, but it does go against the first satanic rule. I will let my opinion known when i see fit. That doesn't mean i walk around screaming what i think. But if people around me are voicing their opinions to me, I will let mine known. If a man i screaming that sinners are going to hell, ill scream back my opinion and shrug off his words. But all in all, i do love when people ask, "what do you think?"

#17254 - 12/31/08 12:24 AM Re: Where do you fail? [Re: TornadoCreator]
Chey Offline
Banned
stranger

I am Satanic because I worship my master, Satan. I trus in him and pray to him in my time of need.
#17274 - 12/31/08 01:41 AM Re: Where do you fail? [Re: Chey]
ta2zz Offline
veteran member

Loc: Connecticut

You really should stay here... Satan say's Click Me!

Ask your lord and master how long he expects you to be here...

Page 8 of 11 « First<678910>Last »

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.03 seconds of which 0.011 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.